Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 3. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 101
March 23, 2018, 08:21:57 AM
Yes, we have to be optimistic about the future of crypto, now almost all countries do a special study on crypto so this is a good opportunity if we invest crypto when the price is still cheap like now, the future will continue to improve.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 23, 2018, 07:52:24 AM
For now bitcoin substitutes as both a currency and an asset as you can buy and sell stuff with it which qualifies it as a currency. you can also invest in bitcoin by buying and waiting for the price to go up before selling which qualifies it as an asset. Really I just think it depends on how you look at it or how you intend to use bitoin really. It could be a currency and an asset to you at the same time too.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
March 23, 2018, 06:48:35 AM
I think crypto is both an asset ang currency. It is a valuable asset since you can sell it in a higher price. It is a currency like digital currency because you can use this to buy or purchase and even use this to pay for bills. It has multi purpose and we can earn from it. You can use this for money transfer since it is digital, you can do online transaction. This is i think why people are hooked with crypto like btc. Its like 2 in 1 package. You can earn, its a business and you can use this in buying too.
Activity: 154
March 23, 2018, 12:24:55 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
If I think crypto goes like this, it will not destroy the initial purpose of cryptocurrency. Because crypto can be an asset it is a benefit derived from the other side of crypto. In addition to crypto is created as a digital currency that can be used as a tool of transactions easily, quickly in a long distance. Crypto can be used as an investment asset, which can provide benefits to its users.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 22, 2018, 11:49:10 PM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
Crypto is asset and currency but this is not a typical currency like our currency this is a cryptocurrency that you can convert into real money so i can say that this is asset because you can use this to transact peer to peer and you can get profit by doing trade and i think thsis cryptocurrencyy will helps t o our currenct to become more valuable than before.
Activity: 85
March 22, 2018, 11:33:53 PM
I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin
Yes, this is a currency, but not so many countries accept crypto-currencies as a means of payment, and some even negatively regard them. I believe that in order to use crypto currency by name, as a means of payment - it takes time. Not all people are ready for this.

In My opinion , today crypto can be considered as an asset though it is a currency. People also  to earn profits in short therm, and You can also spend it as a currency.
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
March 22, 2018, 11:20:54 PM

What is your opinion?

Bitcoin serves both, as an asset and as a currency. Bitcoin is still not completely matured to serve its purpose and it is getting to that stage day by day. There are so many obstacles to meet it's purpose but very soon it would serve as a currency for all transactions like paper money. I think the days is yet to come probably within 2020.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
March 22, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
Capabilities of Crypto is infinite and it is currently being paid in some companies and countries with bitcoin representation. Because the number of crypto is limited, if you have a good crypto, you can speculate. Not long ago, TWITTER's chief executive voiced support for the crypto and believed it would be the next 10 years.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
March 22, 2018, 09:09:28 AM
assets or currency depending on the owner used for what. in general people assume as a currency, if called as asset i think the assumption is less suitable because the current assets in digital form there are still pros and cons. when we use as an asset we must save and not use it for a long time and wait for the right moment to sell it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
March 22, 2018, 08:57:11 AM
For me, it now depends how you use your cryptocurrency. You can use both sides if you want to use your digital currency to transact your money fast and easy or use it to buy something and stuff that you want on the internet or establishment. Also, you can use it an asset to earn some money or to make money with that use of cryptocurrency. But this day you can see that bitcoin is an asset because of the massive profit you can make.  Smiley
Activity: 588
March 21, 2018, 08:17:48 AM
for me, bitcoin is an asset and also a currency because bitcoin can be used for both, we can use for payment and can be used for investment as an asset for the future
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 07:56:55 AM
I agree with your statement that the purpose of digital currency is indeed to make the transaction quick and easier and yes, it becomes asset to everyone because digital currency has the potential to increase its value and at the same time, has the potential to make an income for living. Most of the people describe bitcoin to gold due to the fact that they has the potential of increasing its value as the time pass by and yes, it was proven. However, bitcoin also has an issue just like the price deflation and inflation anytime.

You can buy something, pay bills and others. Other things serve as assets because they provide security for the bright future of every investor. Cryptocurrency or electronic currencies both act as assets and currency. Crypto has value for money that can be used in all commercial transactions
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
March 21, 2018, 06:33:35 AM
Bitcoin can be consider as currency which is just a digital currency that works through blockchain, and asset as well  which has value that increases.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
March 21, 2018, 06:19:01 AM
The tax authories in Denmark just ruled last week, that cryptocurrencies are assists, they are not currencies. So at least from a tax perspective in my home county, it is an asset.

That will probably the general trend in Europe. Let's wait and see what those guys in the EU come up with...
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 20, 2018, 12:11:40 AM

What is your opinion?

You can call cryptocurrency as an asset before when the price in the market is very low and no will really be interested on it since it was very cheap and more likely there is no way for it to increase its value any further and now we can call it as a currency because we can use bitcoins to buy our own needs.
Activity: 60
March 20, 2018, 12:03:06 AM
It is both an asset and a currency, when you say asset it has value and bitcoins and other altcoins have value even for a penny. And when you say currency it is a system use in general as for bitcoin and other altcoins, its has not yet been widely use but still being used by people around the globe for buying things and services. So basically it has value and being used as a medium of exchange.

I agree bitcoin is both asset and currency, asset because its like a gold that has value, and currency  because it can be use us payment or even to buy stuffs online.
Activity: 266
March 19, 2018, 04:18:57 PM
I agree as well as your confirmation that the take desire of digital currency is indeed to make the transaction fast and easier and yes, it becomes asset to everyone because digital currency has the potential to enhancement its value and at the thesame times, has the potential to create an income for perky. Most of the people characterize bitcoin to gold due to the fact that they has the potential of increasing its value as the period count by and yes, it was proven. However, bitcoin as well as has an disturb just along with the price deflation and inflation anytime.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 19, 2018, 08:41:21 AM
Personally I think we can all use Bitcoin as both asset and currency. Yes at first the purpose of Bitcoin is to be a currency that will change banking, payment and financial system. It has also been a great asset to have a store value in trading and investment. I use Bitcoin as both depending on the activity that I will do, I use it as currency when I shop online or use it to pay my flights or accommodations. I also use it as an asset when I am trading and investing.
Activity: 532
March 19, 2018, 08:29:19 AM
I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin
Yes, this is a currency, but not so many countries accept crypto-currencies as a means of payment, and some even negatively regard them. I believe that in order to use crypto currency by name, as a means of payment - it takes time. Not all people are ready for this.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 08:22:25 AM

What is your opinion?
You have touched on a really interesting topic for reasoning, which is worth the extra attention. Crypto currency can really be used as a currency, and as an asset, but I think everything will lead to the fact that all the same crypto currency will use as a currency, maybe not all countries, but it will happen.
Pages:
Jump to: