Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency? - page 4. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 08:07:16 AM
As of now I see my coins as an asset to collect more coin I use to invest my money in more coins to make it an asset if there are good coin that invest I will add some more investment in that coin to earn more than putting all my coin in one asset that's why I choose to make it more coin than choosing it to a one coin. And it can make a currency if it has a stable amount of value that can people occupied for their online money.
Activity: 280
March 19, 2018, 07:55:38 AM
The tax authories in Denmark just ruled last week, that cryptocurrencies are assists, they are not currencies. So at least from a tax perspective in my home county, it is an asset.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
March 19, 2018, 07:43:25 AM
I do not think there will be many countries that will be like Japan and make crypto legal tender.
So most cryptocurrencies will be treated more like an asset.

However with more stable coins emerging, I think using cryptocurrencies as a currency will become more prevalent in the future.

Until then, crypto is an asset in my eyes.
its too soon to tell,as we seen some US states accepting bitcoin as a tax payments,like Georgia and soon is Arizona,so what more other countries wont take this as legal tender?its just that many countries arent like japan whos very advanced but for sure in the next years this will happen..thats why im saving my bitcoin as an asset,that will bring me big profit
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
March 19, 2018, 07:33:50 AM
Cryptocurrency itself is an invention on the internet, the digital currency that operates independently without central bank intervention. The idea is how to create a system where money is not bound by geographic location, like the internet.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
March 19, 2018, 07:28:30 AM
I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin

A currency is issued, backed and regulated by a state via a central banking institution like USD, €, etc

Crypto is not currency, and only a handful of the current crypto assets can one day aspire to attain that level.

Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 18, 2018, 03:26:39 PM
I don't know why but people nowadays using crypto as an asset only they saying that mining is not profitable for newbies and making others investing in crypto. People forget that crypo is currency.  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 18, 2018, 02:30:39 PM
in my opinion it's natural that if people know ahead of a project and see a good project, I think they would prefer to buy and hold the coin instead of selling it...
Merit: 117
March 18, 2018, 12:06:13 PM
We can use crypto asset and currency both but crypto market is usually changing the value so i like to use like a currency.

Time goes by more people curious about the digital currency called Bitcoin. They are attracted and try the to use the bitcoin. We all know that Bitcoin is the first digital currency, and Bitcoin is the best popular coins and the most luxurious; it's volatility. You can use this to purchase and even that you can use this to pay bills. Crypto has multipurpose, and we can get money from it. 
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
March 18, 2018, 09:09:19 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

When i have commitments and currency is needed to solve it, i will use bitcoin or any other crypto currencies as currency. But when i am done with all the commitments and money is not needed to be spend for any purpose, i would save the crypto as an asset. It would wiser to save the crypto even when currency is needed for expense or any other purpose as crypto will certainly be more supportive down the line to lead the live wealthy.
Activity: 525
March 18, 2018, 09:02:26 AM
I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?

That is crypto coins with various uses, crypto coins can be used for transactions and also can as a medium for investment. I think it is freedom and an advantage on crypto coins.
Activity: 263
March 18, 2018, 08:42:37 AM
As these days within the media once all is alleged in done there was information that in Byelorussia had received a law limiting the assessment of labor with the digital cash. i do not grasp why or what it's related to, but i used to be astounded, in light-weight of the very fact that the administration's strategy and activities with regard to the digital cash ar contrary.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
March 16, 2018, 06:05:04 PM
Everyone would like the bitcoin was a currency like any other and could really be used for daily trading.
But at the moment it is so unstable that it can only be used as an investment.
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 06:00:04 AM
It's both an asset and a currency. Different people have use it differently.

Yes, it is an asset and a currency at the same time. Bitcoin is one of the most valuable asset nowadays that can be convert into a fiat. As an asset for those who hold and want to earn large profit. As currency for those who used it to buy/ purchase something.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
March 16, 2018, 05:49:26 AM
Cryptocurrency can be both asset or currency; it depends to you how you will use and see it in the future. You can use the bitcoin as payment as long as stores accept bitcoins that are currency. Most of the people are taking the bitcoin an asset. If you hold your coins or even the bitcoin on long-term investment, we can say that is an asset.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
March 16, 2018, 05:07:30 AM
Theoretically it is a currency, but until it solves the problem of slowness of transactions and excess costs, it remains unusable.
At present, the majority of the bitcoin owners use it as an asset.
Activity: 322
March 15, 2018, 12:52:45 PM
Digital currency is a kind of trend, all kinds of metal currency appeared on the history, after thousands of years of development, ultimately determine the gold for decentralized general metal, encryption currency is the same, it is assets and currencies, can sell goods can also invest enough money.
Yes a lot of assets are being done with bitcoin it is good to use it at the same time as we can use it as saving and as an asset as well. Gold is not very hard to find the alternative of bitcoin as it is famous for a lot of benefits as the huge market traders are making high amount of assets using bitcoin it is very easy to use and to carry with you. Daily needs can be fulfill using bitcoin also it can be saved as long time asset of life, it has multi benefits as some can increase their finance using bitcoin and some of them use it to save as much as they can save, fluctuation of price is all about the chance it can make you rich as an asset and can make you buy everything acting like currency.
March 15, 2018, 05:07:26 AM
For me, crypto is an asset because this is not controlled by a certain entity and acceptable anywhere. Although the cryptocurrency is limited, it has a possible to go up the value.
Activity: 112
March 15, 2018, 04:56:58 AM
I do not think there will be many countries that will be like Japan and make crypto legal tender.

However with more stable coins emerging, I think using cryptocurrencies as a currency will become more prevalent in the future.

As I see through it,I think crypto is an asset as long as it is back up  by official bodies like central banks or governments, and once legalized in a country. But we can call it currency for it is exchangeable and convertable.However, cryptocurrency technology poses problems for the authorities when it comes to designing regulations.Investors and users should be aware of the risks, including a high level of volatility that might lead to sudden drop in value.
Activity: 112
March 15, 2018, 04:18:04 AM

Activity: 352
March 15, 2018, 03:49:36 AM
Crypto is both currency and asset. We can treat it as our income from work or as our passion. Just what do you want.
Crypto especially bitcoin is all in one. I refer it as a complete package for everyone because it has something for investors, students, unemployed people and the list goes on. If you are already making handsome money through your day job, I don’t think so there is any need of using bitcoin for clearing your payments, treat it as an asset. But if you are totally relying on bitcoin, you may cash it out often.
Pages:
Jump to: