Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored - page 27. (Read 69481 times)

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
August 29, 2017, 09:09:14 AM
Gringotts Update
I'm very happy to announce that BTT user boomboom has joined Gringotts team.

boomboom (aka Dr Kevorkian id: 979) has shown a willingness to back CK with some sizeable XMR deposits, and he will act as a backup when I am unavailable to manage Gringotts account for market making.

We have swapped IRL details, and I am confident boomboom will do everything he can to help CK grow and continue improving.

boomboom's involvement will ensure Gringotts is able to provide full MM services for ALL Gringotts deposit shares no matter what!

Thanks for the opportunity @KH, very happy to be involved with CK

Cogratulations Smiley

First technical question. About how long should deposits take?

Thanks Smiley

afaik deposits are automated and should be a few minutes, and withdrawals are manual and done once a day by iluvbitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
August 29, 2017, 07:47:22 AM
Gringotts Update

boomboom (aka Dr Kevorkian id: 979) has shown a willingness to back CK with some sizeable XMR deposits, and he will act as a backup when I am unavailable to manage Gringotts account for market making.

We have swapped IRL details, and I am confident boomboom will do everything he can to help CK grow and continue improving.

boomboom's involvement will ensure Gringotts is able to provide full MM services for ALL Gringotts deposit shares no matter what!

Cogratulations Smiley

First technical question. About how long should deposits take?
legendary
August 29, 2017, 12:43:14 AM

1689 Army and Horse Promotions are Complete

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
August 29, 2017, 12:05:50 AM
Gringotts is using this formula to price M3 while trading is thin

M3=MS * (0.01*XMR/MK)

MS=CK money supply (4 trillion M)
MK=CK marketcap

With XMR=~140USD:

- assume MK of 500K USD -> M3=11.2 mil
- assume MK of 1mil USD  -> M3=5.6 mil

Gringotts will target somewhere in that range until market activity picks up enough for real price discovery to take effect.

Our M3 inventory isn't that high, so while recent discussions regarding tokenization have been very encouraging, Gringotts will price things conservatively for now, especially given the recent change in XMR.

We don't want to run out of m3 before new players start depositing (hopefully soon!).

Other players are obviously free to price m3 as they wish.

edit: BUYSELL and SELLBUY commands aren't working
legendary
August 28, 2017, 10:52:12 AM
Civilian NPC and Production Shares for 1688 are Complete

August 28, 2017, 10:11:23 AM
Gringotts Update

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 08:39:59 AM
Gringotts Update

legendary
August 28, 2017, 07:41:42 AM

NPC, Production Shares and Horse Production Rounds have been delayed due to commands overhaul and will finished asap.
August 27, 2017, 07:44:11 PM
Gringotts depository might have a problem, deposit not credited

edit: received now, ty
Activity: 1008
Merit: 280
August 27, 2017, 03:09:52 AM
Every time a person walks away unhappy business there's the potential that a brand new business can spring up because. And every new business create new action in the economy and every bit of movement the economy is good for the country and for the world.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
August 26, 2017, 01:09:26 PM
You know it's part of the growth cycle for business. If a forum didn't abused its users, then those users wouldn't have any reason to go off at start their own forums. This is been true business since day one. The majority of new businesses are started because a customer or client was unhappy with the service level or some aspect of a business and decided to try it on their own.
August 24, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
It's just my personal principle, ofcourse if others think this is better for the game, I'll be more than happy to go along.

I understand your principle, but you could also consider this to be a complete reboot of the game where existing holders get some percentage of the new supply as an airdrop (pretty generous!). Given that the game is essentially dead in the water, that's not an unreasonable approach at all.

Again, I'm neutral on the idea, but at this point those of us who want to see something positive come out of this game should be open to a variety of proposals, and evaluate available credible proposals against each other not against some fantasy where nothing of substance changes in the game and suddenly it is worth $100 million.

Looks to me that this proposal is very similar to what NXT is doing with Ardor and Ignis at the moment, and for similar reasons.  NXT funding model was broken from day one, only dev funds they've ever had came from 1% of coins never claimed from the original ICO in september 2013. After 4 years they've finally realised they can't compete without proper funding, donations and volunteers just isn't enough.

Rather than give existing NXT holders a haircut and use the diluted coins for the ICO, what they're doing is giving everyone a 1:1 swap with the new parent chain token Ardor, and then a 2:1 swap for the first child chain token Ignis, and the ICO is selling the remaining 50% of Ignis.

That looks similar to what is happening here, existing M holders get 1:1 swap with the CKO token that might pay some dividends one day, and then 2:1 swap with CKM game currency. That's a good deal for existing M holders, and a 50% ICO of CKM will generate a sizeable pot of future funding, which means CK's future looks more promising, so prospect of healthy CKO based dividend stream down the road is realistic.

CK funding model is broken, and by splitting CKO off from CKM nobody is actually getting diluted, and future dev funding is taken care of. It's actually really good outcome IMO, I'm excited!
legendary
August 24, 2017, 08:07:43 AM
As far as the corp accounts of Zech--that's a matter for the shareholders to determine. Accounts like coinshop, which are game function accounts, are waiting for someone who is qualified to apply.

IMO the admins who seized/locked his accounts should appoint a trustee or wealth manager (paid out of the accounts on the customary scale) who can at least vote his corp shares (and once the game restarts generally manage the assets to protect their value). The corps themselves don't need special treatment; shareholders can vote to hire managers.

No one has volunteered to appoint. Also, it seems the actual holders would be better suited to choose as I'm likely to appoint anyone who volunteers.

TBH, it would probably be easiest for shareholders to move on as if risto's shares don't exist. I'm more than happy to give them access to the account as soon as they are ready.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 24, 2017, 08:02:48 AM
As far as the corp accounts of Zech--that's a matter for the shareholders to determine. Accounts like coinshop, which are game function accounts, are waiting for someone who is qualified to apply.

IMO the admins who seized/locked his accounts should appoint a trustee or wealth manager (paid out of the accounts on the customary scale) who can at least vote his corp shares (and once the game restarts generally manage the assets to protect their value). The corps themselves don't need special treatment; shareholders can vote to hire managers.

legendary
August 24, 2017, 04:54:34 AM

Let's use NewCorp as an example since it owns so much land, which will probably still remain in the event of a game relaunch. Here is a current top 5 ownership:

1. ZECHARIAH : 15,000
2. SOUL : 5,000
3. LOAF : 4,100
4. NEWCORP : 4,099
5. LITTLEFLOCK : 3,800

So right there, aside from me, you have almost 70% ownership in the top 5 that is in Zech-controlled accounts. Many other corporations, such as bank, are in a similar situation.

In regards to our M/CKM token, do we want to try to have 8 digits past the decimal place? 8 digits past the decimal seems pretty universal among exchanges and I couldn't find one that worked with more or less digits. Even for something like XMR, which has more, it looks like the sites truncate them.

If we went with 8 satoshi units (what the hell are these called anyone in a more generic sense?), 1 quadrillion in-game M/CKM is only 10 mil "full" units with 8 digits:  

OR

It's not for the game or board or town to run corporations, and personally, I don't want the added hassle--so figure it out or don't.

As far as the coin, I'm good with iluvbitcoin's ck millions idea--it fits the game play, fixes the exchange problem and is easy to explain.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
August 24, 2017, 04:48:36 AM

Let's use NewCorp as an example since it owns so much land, which will probably still remain in the event of a game relaunch. Here is a current top 5 ownership:

1. ZECHARIAH : 15,000
2. SOUL : 5,000
3. LOAF : 4,100
4. NEWCORP : 4,099
5. LITTLEFLOCK : 3,800

So right there, aside from me, you have almost 70% ownership in the top 5 that is in Zech-controlled accounts. Many other corporations, such as bank, are in a similar situation.

In regards to our M/CKM token, do we want to try to have 8 digits past the decimal place? 8 digits past the decimal seems pretty universal among exchanges and I couldn't find one that worked with more or less digits. Even for something like XMR, which has more, it looks like the sites truncate them.

If we went with 8 satoshi units (what the hell are these called anyone in a more generic sense?), 1 quadrillion in-game M/CKM is only 10 mil "full" units with 8 digits:  

OR

legendary
August 24, 2017, 03:38:57 AM
So far the only viable plan was hinted at by speed, though I'm waiting to hear more specifics and see the outline. TBH his figure of $20,000 to get things started seems low, but that may be due to risto's "give it away, give it away now!" policy of uber expensive hype without substance.

Activity: 763
Merit: 534
August 23, 2017, 10:10:01 PM
We can raise funding through voluntary donations, there is no need for a forced deevaluation of ones assets.

This is delusional. The so-called assets have near-zero value at this point, especially considering lack of liquidity if trying to sell them.

A proposal to raise capital and put new effort to (re)build the game into something of significant value is 'devaluing' nothing. I take no position on the 10% specifically, but the idea that a made up database currency in a nearly-defunct game can't be diluted as part of a viable plan is taking things too far. The game owners can consider it IMO. Maybe it still gets rejected, which is fine.

Agreed. We need to raise game funds for a complete relaunch of the game. This is the best option current game players who either lost money in Zech's depo operations and/or have not even come close to ROI on their initial XMR purchases. And the goal is to not just move funds from one pocket to another, but to create a sustainable game ecosystem in line with what players originally conceived as possible from those design threads.

On the topic of the 10% to Town, that is what HMC asked for and honestly that sounds like a reasonable request, especially if Town operations can lead, possibly, to dividend payments to CKO holders.

In regards to the dilution potential, if 50% rather than 60% is easier to stomach, then that could be fine. The only reason I went with 60% is that it nicely coincided with increasing the M supply to 10 trillion.

On iluvbitcoin's suggestion of takeover of Zech-related accounts (such as newcorp, bank, littleflock, soul, etc.), this is also a possibility and could be done without dilution, but as the majority seems to be learning towards to dilution idea, I am fine with either one or a combination.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 23, 2017, 09:36:53 PM
We can raise funding through voluntary donations, there is no need for a forced deevaluation of ones assets.

This is delusional. The so-called assets have near-zero value at this point, especially considering lack of liquidity if trying to sell them.

A proposal to raise capital and put new effort to (re)build the game into something of significant value is 'devaluing' nothing. I take no position on the 10% specifically, but the idea that a made up database currency in a nearly-defunct game can't be diluted as part of a viable plan is taking things too far. The game owners can consider it IMO. Maybe it still gets rejected, which is fine.

What precisely does the game need to do with this 10%?

That should certainly be in any such proposal.

It's just my personal principle, ofcourse if others think this is better for the game, I'll be more than happy to go along.

I understand your principle, but you could also consider this to be a complete reboot of the game where existing holders get some percentage of the new supply as an airdrop (pretty generous!). Given that the game is essentially dead in the water, that's not an unreasonable approach at all.

Again, I'm neutral on the idea, but at this point those of us who want to see something positive come out of this game should be open to a variety of proposals, and evaluate available credible proposals against each other not against some fantasy where nothing of substance changes in the game and suddenly it is worth $100 million.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
August 23, 2017, 08:22:58 PM

What precisely does the game need to do with this 10%?

Pages:
Jump to: