Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKitties - Ethereum's first blockchain game - page 7. (Read 2229 times)

Activity: 795
Merit: 10
Its good to see the Blockchain challenged, and I have hopes that more non technical applications are developed with Cryptokitties being a testament to others, the devs have done a great job!

Yes its good to see blockchain challenged but they shouldn't do it in a way that it will affect the ETH network
I sent a token to liqui. A tx fee was even generated except if it will deliver just when i am typing this. 
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Qravity is a decentralized content production
Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties? The gist is you breed cats and sell rare breeds, all using Ethereum. No shitty altcoin or anything scammy. If you actually have the time, it is quite profitable.

I believe this game only goes further to show the potential of Ethereum to reach heights bitcoin has never known.
I don't know what interested about this kind of game, to me it's bad because the network suffer because of it and makes it expensive to send token or eth to another address. I thought that eth became really good after the fork, but it's not even one month and the congestion is back.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I think people now see nothing comes free, the game is well thought out but it is greatly affecting the network, it is spamming the network and because of the free money one is likely to get from it, the number of users have increase recently and something need to be done for people that want to do serious job
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
So yeah, im pretty happy and sad that this game has had a negative impact on the Ethereum community. Sad because a lot have cashed out to bitcoin worrying about poor network capacity. Happy because i get to buy more cheap ethereum. Like i've said guys, Ethereum scaling is on the way and almost ready to be rolled out. Just wait and see Ethereum will moon. Thank me later!
Activity: 210
it was smart to create based on the blockchain technology but i don't think i will play such a game but i hope the developers could make something better than a game to benefit more from this technology but in the end successful project that made them money so no one can say its a bad idea
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
Visited the cryptokitty site and omg someone is selling a kitty worth 1m ether lol the owner will became an instant millionaire with this virtual kittys this game is unbelievable huge money involve Im sure someone will make similar to this game and will name like cryptodogie  Grin .    
Activity: 795
The game is cool but it is really affecting etherum network, i send centra to binance yesterday a tx id was generated the centra did not deposit to where i sent it to, they should look for a way to balance the cryptokitties of a thing and won't affect the etherum network it consumes 11% of etherum network and it affecting other people using the network.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Is this still bogging down the ETH network? I was reading last night these little furry 4 legged things were doing so. But also said it's necessary to prove?
n64
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Can't believe this is a real thing!!
Activity: 434
wow that was insane, I tought that's just games for children because like tamagochi. I think I will try breed some cats  Shocked
Activity: 322
It's a pretty interesting new game using ethereum smart contract but totally unplayable right now. The network is completely cogged up.

This game push ethereum off the edge. It sad because ETH's goal is to be a decentralized computer dor DApp. I thought for a long time it was only for ICO, but the can't achieve their primary goal.

Pushed it to it's limit is all, when I reach my limit I personally push a little harder to hit my goal, kitties and all ETH is here to stay, I would bet on it.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
I'm interested on first time i heard about cryptokitties that just little and simple game. and yes I've tried a few days ago it's quite fun and I already get profit now. cute, funny, and addictive game.
Activity: 107
Bystander that oversees everything that's happeng
Lot of rumors are spreading that CryptoKitties are affecting the ethereum  blockchain that results to hundred thousands of pending transaction. Now the phrase “kill the kitty" are spreading too xD
Activity: 140
The application of blockchain in a game. the game is pretty straight forward and somehow it has a marketplace for those cats. The logic though the best way to represent blockchain and trading is amusing and somehow childfriendly!
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
Breeding digital cats? That is an interesting game.  Is there a phone app for this? Yesterday my son said that he cannot make a transaction in etherdelta because of this cryptokitties. The word cryptokitties became so popular yesterday. 
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
it's a good invest game,they are a lots of guys join the game .
popular in the world,and made a lots of guys earn money.
Activity: 322
Have any of you guys tried playing cryptokitties? The gist is you breed cats and sell rare breeds, all using Ethereum. No shitty altcoin or anything scammy. If you actually have the time, it is quite profitable.

I believe this game only goes further to show the potential of Ethereum to reach heights bitcoin has never known.

I honestly think that this block-chain game is really the bomb. Damn! This is freaking addictive! Lol.
This idea is just amazing. Why haven't this surfaced earlier? Would've been really awesome if bitcoin had a game like this back then. Would've really enjoyed playing it with bitcoin. Not that i do not enjoy it right now with eth,  im just sayin'

Is there any strategy to the game? Or is it simply get a free cat and breed it with another and sell the offspring? personally I do not have the time to even understand how the game is played ( if it is a game ) so please someone playing answer my question..
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

I have heard of this a week ago from my crypto friends. It sounds interesting since I was fond of online games before. I never thought it could go viral in just a short period of time. The idea of creating this game is great, letting people be introduced and become aware of the rising of crypocurrency's value. Blockchain is really amazing. I can say ETH will continue to rise and maybe just maybe might surpass Bitcoin , nobody knows.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
Nice proof of concept of what the blockchain could bring and how it can Apply for games.
But it is also highlighting the strong Flaws of ethereum that cannot handle such a small game...
Now imagine that some hackers start to push this to the next level by using zombie computers doing multiple billions of transactions of Tiny eth transaction (it will require some eth to pay the fees  first but not so much I think). The eth network would be completly on its knees some exchange will be blocked some eth dapp will stop working and I don't know if the eth could recover from this type of "crypto ddos" attacks

I understand why you might think that way. But again, please also consider the fact that the current network transaction capacity is very well known. Ethereum's current state is known and the foundation has laid out the scaling roadmap that will address this issue.

In terms of bringing the ETH network to it's knees with a "ddos dapp," its very unlikely because the attackers would then need to pay millions and millions of dollars just to do this. Why would anyone in their right mind do that? Not for profit because they would lose more even they shorted ETH. For spite? Thats costly rage.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com

I honestly think that this block-chain game is really the bomb. Damn! This is freaking addictive! Lol.
This idea is just amazing. Why haven't this surfaced earlier? Would've been really awesome if bitcoin had a game like this back then. Would've really enjoyed playing it with bitcoin. Not that i do not enjoy it right now with eth,  im just sayin'
Pages:
Jump to: