Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKitties - Ethereum's first blockchain game - page 8. (Read 2229 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 502
This world has gone insane hahaha, people pay thousands of dollars for virtual kitties  Shocked
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Played that game already. It's cute and funny, but also it's possible to earn crypto there. The game is mindblowing, i think Smiley
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I thionk that criptokitties shows all the lows of Ethereum, not the heights! Just one little silly-smart game and all Ethereum network is congested and unusable.

Cryptokitties might be a bit annoying right meow, because it's clogging the network, but this is very good for Ethereum in the long run.
you mean that stupid game is killing ETH users right now !
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
I thionk that criptokitties shows all the lows of Ethereum, not the heights! Just one little silly-smart game and all Ethereum network is congested and unusable.

I don't understand why people are acting surprised that Ethereum can't handle the volume generated by the crypto kitties game, even going so far as being negative about it. The current network transaction capacity is very well known.

Please stop all the FUD, Ethereum's current state is known and the foundation has laid out the scaling roadmap. Cryptokitties might be a bit annoying right meow, because it's clogging the network, but this is very good for Ethereum in the long run.
Activity: 260
Merit: 129
It's a pretty interesting new game using ethereum smart contract but totally unplayable right now. The network is completely cogged up.

This game push ethereum off the edge. It sad because ETH's goal is to be a decentralized computer dor DApp. I thought for a long time it was only for ICO, but the can't achieve their primary goal.
hah
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
It's a pretty interesting new game using ethereum smart contract but totally unplayable right now. The network is completely cogged up.
Activity: 715
Merit: 220
Nice proof of concept of what the blockchain could bring and how it can Apply for games.
But it is also highlighting the strong Flaws of ethereum that cannot handle such a small game...
Now imagine that some hackers start to push this to the next level by using zombie computers doing multiple billions of transactions of Tiny eth transaction (it will require some eth to pay the fees  first but not so much I think). The eth network would be completly on its knees some exchange will be blocked some eth dapp will stop working and I don't know if the eth could recover from this type of "crypto ddos" attacks
Activity: 322
Its good to see the Blockchain challenged, and I have hopes that more non technical applications are developed with Cryptokitties being a testament to others, the devs have done a great job!
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
Here for a good time, not a long time.
It was a great idea and I bet they had no idea of how they'd affect the network! Purrfect!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
Some people just crazy! How can anybody donate so much ETHs into the game!? It's just another hype like Pokemon Go. BTW developers are just awesome Wink
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
I remember there was a project about crypto birds where you had to buy birds and sell their eggs for satoshies. So that project was a bit scammy because according their tos you can only get a payment of about 30% of the money that you and your refferals spent. I don't really want to waste my time reading another big ToS of this cryptokitties but I'm sure there must be some tricks.
Activity: 266
Merit: 104
i really want addorable kitties so much but ethereum network so busy cause of it, cant even make a simple transaction allready put so much gas and still failed xD
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Heard a lot about this particular game in recent times and I am honestly surprised that this game performed so well. I thought that such games might not be appreciated by many, but looks like I was wrong. The comparison with Pokemon helped it a lot and the fact that Ethereum is being utilized is clearly one of the primary reasons that it performed so well in the first place. I might actually buy some kitties myself by the looks of it. Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
Let's see. One thing I can say for sure: this is a very nice case for any developer in the world. Cryptocurrency allows you to make very viral application/game and make a lot of money just in few weeks.

A very nice case that would entice more developers to cryptocurrencies and a very nice as well to entice investors into Ethereum. This is one of the reasons why I am so bullish on ethereum and cryptocurrency in general. Its so exciting and there is so much you can do.

I have not tried it yet but nice game and I hope it grows into a global phenomenon like Pokemon Go. I also reckon this will make Ethereum known all over the world.

In any case, where do they sell the kitties? I heard that over $1 million have already been traded since its release.

They have an online marketplace on the website itself. The front end user interface is linked to ethereum's smart contracts so you can buy and/or sell a kitty in a decentralized fashion. So awesome.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
I have not tried it yet but nice game and I hope it grows into a global phenomenon like Pokemon Go. I also reckon this will make Ethereum known all over the world.

In any case, where do they sell the kitties? I heard that over $1 million have already been traded since its release.

Activity: 196
Does the game evolve? if the kitties are grew enough it will pussies,i like the concept but the game ifself has a lot of missing features,like the old games.

I hope that devs will evolve the game. You're right, right now CryptoKittens looks very primitive, like first mobile time killers from 2005
But developers already made a lot of money and I think they understand that players expect for something bigger, like pet battles, clans, chats, competitions and many other features from adult MMO.

Let's see. One thing I can say for sure: this is a very nice case for any developer in the world. Cryptocurrency allows you to make very viral application/game and make a lot of money just in few weeks.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
I took a look at this and maybe i am just out of touch on how these games work i see you breed cats together and what not but how do you know if you breed a cat that is in deed rare how do you tell? what do you look at when purchasing these kittens
Damn good job to the cryptokitties development team. The past few days have been a success and they really have pushed ETH to it's limits.

This single dAPP caused huge backlogs on the Ethereum network! Just check out this chart:
https://etherscan.io/chart/pendingtx

I for one am happy that ETH's first experiment with pushing the limits is so much fun.
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
Does the game evolve? if the kitties are grew enough it will pussies,i like the concept but the game ifself has a lot of missing features,like the old games.
Pages:
Jump to: