Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 102. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
THIS BULLSHIT REPLY FROM REDDIT

They will want a 3rd party security company to run a complete evaluation and pen test on their servers before reopening. This takes time.

1000% Bull.
Copy the balance sheet load it to any server.
Broadcast holdings, user accounts.
The data can't be hacked.
Because it is just a bloody statement.

Then enable shitcoin withdraws for the least valuables first.
Hell even run markets for said.

Gradually open from the tail-end. 

Duh! And stupid easy.
Ramp back up.

Shitposting and calling them "craptopia" and saying "exit scam" every couple of days adds NOTHING of value.

"Craptopia" Shitposting via sockpuppets every couple of days subtracts NOTHING but value.

Complete radio silence from management  subtracts NOTHING but value.
Activity: 127
Merit: 5
They've obviously got their own people posting nonsense about how this takes time to investigate, how they need to figure things out. Good exchanges that have been hacked find a solution in less than a month and let people have access to their funds.

Scam exchanges make excuses and look for a way to exit out the back door with everyone's money.

Two Japanese exchanges were hacked, not very long ago, and both opened in a short amount of time. These weasels are looking to exit scam.

Like I've said, use these links and keep filing complaints until something happens. We need hundreds of complaints about police conduct.

POLICE OFFICE

https://forms.police.govt.nz/forms/complaint/52

INDEPENDENT AGENCY

https://www.ipca.govt.nz/

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
There are LOTS of reasons that they haven't reopened yet.

They will want a 3rd party security company to run a complete evaluation and pen test on their servers before reopening. This takes time.

They need to establish with the legal team HOW they will disburse the funds that they still have control over to the userbase. (e.g. does everyone take a haircut?). The lawyers may not want to issue any opinion on this until seeing the final police report (afaik the investigation is concluded but the report isn't out yet)

They want to determine when/how/if/to what extent they compensate their users for their losses, and to what extent any insurance will cover it (there's no way any insurance company will pay out until the police report is out)

plus many more along the same lines.

People aren't exaggerating when they say you need to just forget about it for a few months while these processes work through. Shitposting and calling them "craptopia" and saying "exit scam" every couple of days adds NOTHING of value.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _

THIS BULLSHIT REPLY FROM REDDIT IT LOOK LIKE FROM SHITOPIA SUPPORT
just curious, did you guys lose alot in the hack?
i lost 0.85 btc  and 2 eth wich is hacked
BUT I WILL NOT LET THEM RUN WITH MY MONEY
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

I only lost Bitsend airdrop which I have been receiving for over a year now, Cryptopia is a big blow to the community, we all thought that it's a stable coin until the first hacked and yet it happens again the second time, and there is really negligence on their part.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
What if the police were bribed?  Maybe a NZ journalism team can check out what kind of cars they've recently bought.
Activity: 34
Another business week was about to end and still no updated news to the extent of their losses from the hack.

In discord the only news is to read pin message nothing more.

In discord Mind conditioning started that the exchange will not open anytime soon
cryptopia ceo are 100% son of bitch scammer there no hack at all only way to exit scam the more time goes more they safe run with our money BUT BELIVE ME SCAMMERS IF I COME TO  YOUR COUNTRY YOU PAY IT X10
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Another business week was about to end and still no updated news to the extent of their losses from the hack.

In discord the only news is to read pin message nothing more.

In discord Mind conditioning started that the exchange will not open anytime soon
These fuckers better open the exchange soon or a lawsuit should be filed and force them to open. The police aren't doing a dam thing to force Clarke and Dawson to open the exchange. They spent a month basically doing nothing.

I'd estimate they lost 5% of their coins and 95% of the coins are still on the exchange. Right now those two fuckers Dawson and Clarke are planning their escape . They're trying to use the police as a cover to exit out the back door with everyone's money.

I've filed a complaint about the police conduct because of how little information they have given us and how they are not holding the exchanges feet to the fire like they should be doing.

You can complain to the police

or an independent agency

Make sure to describe how this investigation has taken a long time and how we have been left in the dark about everything that has happened with our money.  The investigators name is Greg Murton.  We need to flood them with complaints about the police conduct in the case because those idiots are our only hope to get our money back and the longer we wait the less likely we are to get our money back.

people need to get what rest we know those theives will not cover loss so better to open let get our fukig shit outta
Merit: 257
These fuckers better open the exchange soon or a lawsuit should be filed and force them to open. The police aren't doing a dam thing to force Clarke and Dawson to open the exchange. They spent a month basically doing nothing.

I'd estimate they lost 5% of their coins and 95% of the coins are still on the exchange. Right now those two fuckers Dawson and Clarke are planning their escape . They're trying to use the police as a cover to exit out the back door with everyone's money.

I've filed a complaint about the police conduct because of how little information they have given us and how they are not holding the exchanges feet to the fire like they should be doing.

or an independent agency

Make sure to describe how this investigation has taken a long time and how we have been left in the dark about everything that has happened with our money.  The investigators name is Greg Murton.  We need to flood them with complaints about the police conduct in the case because those idiots are our only hope to get our money back and the longer we wait the less likely we are to get our money back.

This seems the only reasonable assumption about the directors intent.  Exit Scam.
Any reasonable exchange would have issued a statement and resolution plan within 48 hrs of the police concluding their onsight investigation.  Why the police have not stated an itemized inventory of funds stolen is baffling.

Given nearly 10 business days have past, and nothing has be announced, is highly suspect.

For investors, for customers, and for the benefit of crypto in general, requesting police to respond is in order.

Make some noise.
Activity: 127
Merit: 5

or an independent agency

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

Dude, the NZDT has been disable for about 1 year.
Didn't you get the emails ?

Only NZDT to FIAT withdrawals were disabled.

NZDT trading was not disabled,

It was always Cryptopias intention to re-establish NZDT to FIAT withdrawals. A separate legal entity was established for that in December 2018.
Activity: 196
Merit: 295
W̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ

USD value of stolen coins at this 1 year bear market is minimal. No matter how much we paid for our coins, that current value of stolen coin at the 1 year bear market is minimal or close to it.

That could mean, Cryptopia's obligations to us, to their clients, measured in USD in such bear market is very likely quite minimal.

If we can't get our coins or funds (remaining) that could mean: our losses or missed opportunities could very likely become maximized in this bear market, and Cryptopia's obligations to us could very likely become minimized.

In the eventual court proceedings we have to ask for preventing the clearance sale of our funds.

I mostly have stable coins there. NZDT, USDT and some non ETH but also ETC coins. I'd like to access at least my stable coins NOW or yesterday!

NZDT should be backed by NZD in cryptopia. No known external wallet other then by cryptopia.

I have been scamed by bittrex stealing only my BTG so I sent my holdings there to cryptopia depending on how to spend the least to fucking bittrex! I am not WILLING to share losses to ETH or ETH Token holders in cryptopia!!!

Fucking Anglosaxion cancer non existent customer service!!! No emails from both scam exchanges!

Dude, the NZDT has been disable for about 1 year.
Didn't you get the emails ?
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
We should notice and post warning signs about smaller exchanges acting poorly.  And, get coins on as many exchanges as possible to keep the blockchains circulating.

For example, I post about high percentage staking and lower entry coin (Truckcoin, RAIN, VersionCoin, Healthyworm, Bitradio, Chess, Compound, BUZZ, StackBit. HousingCoin, VulcanoCoin, Bottlecaps, Growthcoin and Crackers).  I see this as the original vision of crypto where people could mint the coins easily at home.   Many of these have active teams, some don't, but that doesn't mean they don't rise and fall in price.   Losing Cryptopia put a hole in some of them.   For some people, this hack didn't lose money so much as the vision of the coin and that is very significant.  Getting them back online allows the coin to pick up again.

(sorry for my cut and paste).
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Given how quickly they got pissed off in the past by things people said here or in some chat (yes Hort, I mean you among others), I guess they have read this thread and decided to never reopen at all because we are all just bitches and don't deserve it.. (and I am only kidding 50% here... if you ever watched a dev saying something nasty to them followed by having them delist the coin within a day on no other base than "dev is an asshole" you know what I am about)

This is a little different than a dev starting a new coin and playing god with regular users. This is an exchange, a business like any other business and is very much responsible under the law to the people having funds in their custody. This is not a dev and users, this is business owners and paying customers. Having to take care of someone else's money is one of the most serious things in the world. I'm surprised I need to point out the difference.
Merit: 708
I think we should post a link to this topic to posts about cryptopia "hack" to every other exchange threads - cause there was few  more suspicious exchanges before we lost our money and people should be aware that crypto which they keep on exchanges are worth ZERO cause you can't predict which exchange will be next!
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
So, a week of "relentless work" aaaaand... silence.

Given how quickly they got pissed off in the past by things people said here or in some chat (yes Hort, I mean you among others), I guess they have read this thread and decided to never reopen at all because we are all just bitches and don't deserve it.. (and I am only kidding 50% here... if you ever watched a dev saying something nasty to them followed by having them delist the coin within a day on no other base than "dev is an asshole" you know what I am about)

Anyway, should they reopen anytime, imagine the crypto bank run this will result in. From reading here and judging from my own impression, I strongly believe that everybody just wants to get his/her coins off there, so I have my doubts if we will be seeing them reopen at all - no matter what, there would be no liquidity there (and therefor no notable trading fees) for months or even years to come.

If I would be running this exchange and I would have been plannning to reopen and make again money with trading fees (for example to cover lossses from the hack) I would have made my best to keep my customers confident, informed and in good faith.
But all we've got so far (after more than 35 days) is only looking and feeling like a stiff middle finger from them pointing towards us all. So at this late point in time I have no choice than to come to the conclusion that they do not want to reopen at all or at least not within a foreseeable timespan. 

The best we all can do is to raise our right arm and move the hand in a waving manner.
(you are now waving your coins on Cryptopsya goodbye, you know you should have done this some 30days ago)
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
So, a week of "relentless work" aaaaand... silence.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
If it was "your funds" you'd already control them via the private keys.

At the moment they might be the hacker's funds.
Jump to: