Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 98. (Read 173234 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
BenTheAnonMod is the paid PR
His mission is insulting our intelligence claiming they (still) don't know what happened. 6 weeks after it happened.
There are no facts or proof that your coins other than you entrusted them to Craptopia and POOF they are no longer yours.

I think he is sitting at home bored (it is 4 am in NZ) watching people attack his friends and family.

If people would say such things about people you care about. Would you say nothing ?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Before paying someone to engage in PR they need to establish whether they can continue trading. Otherwise it is my and your funds they spend on that PR.
No one needs to be paid. The CEO or the owners should be the ones providing the updates and reassure everyone they are doing everything they can to overcome the situation. If it comes to hiring PR firms, then it means things are dire.

They might not have that information yet, let alone be ready to share it with the general public or if that would even be safe to do.
That's impossible. If police was there, it means there was a complaint filed, therefore something to complain about. Please don't keep insulting our intelligence claiming they (still) don't know what happened.

Personally, I'd rather wait to hear what they have to say than listen to anyone in here... since there are a lot of personal agendas flying around and no facts or proof.
Pressure from the customers is good. It keeps you on your toes and reminds you of your duty to people who have entrusted you with their hard earned money.

BenTheAnonMod is the paid PR
His mission is insulting our intelligence claiming they (still) don't know what happened. 6 weeks after it happened.
There are no facts or proof.
Except that your coins that you entrusted to Craptopia are POOF GONE
They are no longer yours.  You have no access nor accounting.
No communication, except for the asshats here gaslighting their clients.

Anyone with information which could assist the investigation can contact police by email at [email protected]

An report the fact that honest up right businesses never behave in this manner.
The fact that the delistings were likely means to make BTC by robbing the clients.
And the "unscheduled maintenance" as reported was just that.  Moving out the clients funds with ill intent.
aka Theft from the Inside.

Step 1.  Lock chains for months. Prevent customer access.  Dump on another exchange.  After 2-3 months buy back, pure profit!
Step 2.  Claim double spend attacks on dozens of chains, dump on the markets you control completely.  Freeze them and delist them, pure profit!
Step 3.  Go for broke.  Steal all the coins.  Blame hacker.  All profit!

legendary

Can you please specify if low hashrate or a known vulnerability was the problem (or both)? With vulnerability are you merely refering to a more conservative max_reorg figure or do you think there is a more serious problem? If so, why can this be shared with the community or the devs when a problem in code is actualy found?

Space Blockexplorer is and has always been here: http://space.midnightminer.net/ , working fine as I can judge from daily use.
SJW Blockexplorer is since roughly a year here: https://sjw.netcraft.ch/ (this has been brought to Cryptopias attention even, also working fine)
GEN was unlisted because it's self-proclaimed dev Hort had an argument with Adam and it got delisted/deactivated same day (only quote of Horts post available: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16038573)

Also I asked Lafu about Space removal in a german thread and only got referred to their coin listing policy in general. leaving unanswered if there is a problem in code they are unable to share info about or just the low hashrate that they saw as a danger for double spends in deposits.

I've sent you a PM.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2

First, when saying delisting I mean halted trading and deposits. For at least the following coins that happened out of the blue and without prior announcement and without any of these coins suffering even an attack:
GEN, SPACE, SJW

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=3759c7bcdb45e780d7e096888a961976

SPACE and SJW have a known vulnerability that can cause immediate losses. (Undetectable until after the event)
Low network hashrate and many available cheap asics to rent make it a serious problem.
They also have no working, reliable block explorer that I could find.

GEN I couldn't find details about.

Can you please specify if low hashrate or a known vulnerability was the problem (or both)? With vulnerability are you merely refering to a more conservative max_reorg figure or do you think there is a more serious problem? If so, why can this be shared with the community or the devs when a problem in code is actualy found?

Space Blockexplorer is and has always been here: http://space.midnightminer.net/ , working fine as I can judge from daily use.
SJW Blockexplorer is since roughly a year here: https://sjw.netcraft.ch/ (this has been brought to Cryptopias attention even, also working fine)
GEN was unlisted because it's self-proclaimed dev Hort had an argument with Adam and it got delisted/deactivated same day (only quote of Horts post available: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16038573)

Also I asked Lafu about Space removal in a german thread and only got referred to their coin listing policy in general. leaving unanswered if there is a problem in code they are unable to share info about or just the low hashrate that they saw as a danger for double spends in deposits.

It is actually in the coin listing requirements that Coin devs contact Cryptopia as soon as THEY know there is a vulnerability with their listed coin. It is not Cryptopias job to chase up Coin devs even though they do, All coin devs agree to these requirements along with other conditions when their coin applies for listing and is accepted.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸

First, when saying delisting I mean halted trading and deposits. For at least the following coins that happened out of the blue and without prior announcement and without any of these coins suffering even an attack:
GEN, SPACE, SJW

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=3759c7bcdb45e780d7e096888a961976

SPACE and SJW have a known vulnerability that can cause immediate losses. (Undetectable until after the event)
Low network hashrate and many available cheap asics to rent make it a serious problem.

legendary
No one needs to be paid. The CEO or the owners should be the ones providing the updates and reassure everyone they are doing everything they can to overcome the situation. If it comes to hiring PR firms, then it means things are dire.

Cryptopia is a Limited liability company. (LLC) It has no "owners". It has shareholders and a director.
The shareholders don't run the company or have any say in the management of the company.
If you buy shares in Microsoft can you speak on their behalf ?

So someone will be paid for PR if there is PR.
Before paying someone to engage in PR they need to establish whether they can continue trading. Otherwise it is my and your funds they spend on that PR.

They might not have that information yet, let alone be ready to share it with the general public or if that would even be safe to do.
That's impossible. If police was there, it means there was a complaint filed, therefore something to complain about. Please don't keep insulting our intelligence claiming they (still) don't know what happened.

Personally, I'd rather wait to hear what they have to say than listen to anyone in here... since there are a lot of personal agendas flying around and no facts or proof.
Pressure from the customers is good. It keeps you on your toes and reminds you of your duty to people who have entrusted you with their hard earned money.

They actually have commented, in the Cryptopia discord that no one in here wants to join...

Digger is the Managing Director of Cryptopia and posted on 01/27/2019

(email in question sent to users) -

"For those who are querying the NZ Police e-mails referred to, they are legitimate and are copied to me by NZ Police. We will respond when we have substantive facts to report when the investigators give us approval. Until then we are tied as the authorities do not want us to make any statements that might by accident exacerbate the situation and cause more damage."

This was posted too on 01/20/2019

"The co-founders, shareholders, executive and the entire Cryptopia Team appreciate the support that is being demonstrated here.

We cannot even consider re-opening the exchange while the investigation is in progress.

To even consider doing so would be totally irresponsible of us as it could likely make the way clear for further attacks and even more damage.

Please have patience and faith. We will continue to update everyone as and when we can. Take no notice of the armchair experts."

Confirming everything we have said so far. So again, I would suggest you get your information from either the Cryptopia Twitter, Facebook or Discord... Thanks
Activity: 224
Merit: 24

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Actually they did just that - they suspended trading at the moment of the announcement, that's an effective delisting.

I've lobbied on behalf a couple of coins that were queued to be delisted and got it reversed after fixing the issues that started the delisting process.

The delisting criteria is clearly stated on their website and it is no mystery why coins get delisted.

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=5d7482d2db9e9bc032a664a14a96199f
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=b8aa010ddb452b80d7e096888a961934

I've had it a number of times where the coin dev was aware of the issue for a long time prior to delisting process starting but did nothing qbout it but messaged me to help them within hours of the markets being paused.  

When the issues were fixed the delisting process was stopped and the paused market resumed trading.
If they could announce such delist they should be able to inform traders and all that might be involve with the coin that the delist has been reconsidered and the process had been suspending. It could deprive alot of people who heard the news and not corrected. It is sometimes disappointing how some project teams behave after listing project. They dont care about a lot of things again after listing, such process could be a corrective measure.
No real communication.

In your opinion. As Xtraelv mentioned, they seem to update every 14 days so far so assuming we'd get an update this week or next.

No real information about what happened.

legendary

Every good business practice that I know of dictates that, in situation of crisis, you engage with your customers. You reassure them you're doing everything you can. You provide (honest) status updates. This brings confidence to customers and allows them to support you while you overcome the crisis. If that's what you actually intend.

But here we see nothing of this kind. No real communication. No real information about what happened. If you have a channel with the owners or managers, tell them they are doing it very wrong.

Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Most of the staff, shareholders, CEFs holders and coin devs that have listed coins are in the same position as the standard members of the exchange. Most of them will have crypto balances on the exchange, investments that are reliant on the exchange and few or no answers. There are many coins that are reliant on the exchange for trading volume.  It is in everyones interest to get this sorted out so everyone can have some answers.

Coincheck took 10 months to re-open. I think Cryptopia deserves more than 9 days back in their premises to provide some answers.
Every good business practice that I know of dictates that, in situation of crisis, you engage with your customers. You reassure them you're doing everything you can. You provide (honest) status updates. This brings confidence to customers and allows them to support you while you overcome the crisis. If that's what you actually intend.

But here we see nothing of this kind. No real communication. No real information about what happened. If you have a channel with the owners or managers, tell them they are doing it very wrong.
legendary

GEN, SPACE, SJW

I'll leave this here because it sums things up pretty well

I like his nickname for FUDtalk better to be honest
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
I have a feeling that topia will be back because paid puppets still talk here...
Everything, everyone has said in here is being archived and will be hilarious once the truth comes out. You especially. As I've already said, can't imagine why someone promoting SEXcoin would be mad at Cryptopia...

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2547529 is a truth you can't avoid:

BenTheAnonMod (a paid employee of Cryptopia) is displaying a distasteful lack of empathy towards customers who are genuinely worried about their crypto savings post hack of January 2019.

http://archive.fo/Mj4Am#selection-6165.0-6165.62

I can't compel anyone reading this to follow my lead, but it's a very poor form by a paid employee of Cryptopia {1} to abuse those who have genuine concerns about where their funds have gone.

Wouldn't you agree Lafu and xtraelv?

{1} At least you *claim* to be a paid employee of Cryptopia don't you? (1) (2)

I like how you keep avoiding my SEXcoin point every time I mention it, agenda confirmed.

Do I?

Archived for future reference: http://archive.fo/xmyp6#selection-3161.0-3161.88

Proved my point again and didn't answer my question again, See folks he's promoting SEXcoin which got delisted from Cryptopia for not meeting their listing standards. No wonder he is pushing an Anti Cryptopia agenda, you aren't even remotely subtle.

You forget to mention that they always strictly avoided pointing out which exact criteria of their listing standards were hurt when they (instantly) delisted coins, they just pointed generally to their "listing standards". Not to speak about letting devs know about problems they find so that they could fix them.
Also one has to really wonder how the coins got listed in the first place, given they charge a huge amount to list (and supposedly check the sources for weaknesses and problems).

It only shows Cryptopias general attitude towards their customers that people that are scared having lost their money get insulted from you as spreading FUD and whatever. One could even think you are an agent provocateur from another exchange as you make Cryptopia look even worse than it already does after 40days of complete silence.

Does anyone actually have any proof in here? You know you can't just say shit without proving it right?
Also Cryptopia doesnt "instantly" delist coins, their knowledge base site specifically states when a coin was announced to be delisted and when it will be delisted (usually a month later).

You can't bullshit me mate.

GEN, SPACE, SJW

I am sure we could find many others where that was the case.

As you seem completely unable to have a polite choice of wording in a conversation I'll refrain from further replies to your posts. I am sure that makes me some but then again...
I could even care less if Cryptopia wouldn't owe me ~0.3 BTC which thanks to rallying prices are meanwhile worth even a bit more.

You just answered your own point... Why would they allow deposits and trading if they want the coin OFF the exchange because it doesn't meet their requirements? Hence withdrawing the coin elsewhere...

as I said above, the only time a coin would be delisted without warning is...

"However, in some instances an immediate delist is required to protect our users."

As per https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=3139d4a1dbed1f009990f6fcbf96192c

So, there is your answer.

Really what you're saying is "Fuck Cryptopia for not letting me dump my holdings of the coin they will delist" Be honest.
legendary
Activity: 1612
Merit: 1608
精神分析的爸
Everything, everyone has said in here is being archived and will be hilarious once the truth comes out. You especially. As I've already said, can't imagine why someone promoting SEXcoin would be mad at Cryptopia...

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2547529 is a truth you can't avoid:

BenTheAnonMod (a paid employee of Cryptopia) is displaying a distasteful lack of empathy towards customers who are genuinely worried about their crypto savings post hack of January 2019.

http://archive.fo/Mj4Am#selection-6165.0-6165.62

I can't compel anyone reading this to follow my lead, but it's a very poor form by a paid employee of Cryptopia {1} to abuse those who have genuine concerns about where their funds have gone.

Wouldn't you agree Lafu and xtraelv?

{1} At least you *claim* to be a paid employee of Cryptopia don't you? (1) (2)

I like how you keep avoiding my SEXcoin point every time I mention it, agenda confirmed.

Do I?

Archived for future reference: http://archive.fo/xmyp6#selection-3161.0-3161.88

Proved my point again and didn't answer my question again, See folks he's promoting SEXcoin which got delisted from Cryptopia for not meeting their listing standards. No wonder he is pushing an Anti Cryptopia agenda, you aren't even remotely subtle.

You forget to mention that they always strictly avoided pointing out which exact criteria of their listing standards were hurt when they (instantly) delisted coins, they just pointed generally to their "listing standards". Not to speak about letting devs know about problems they find so that they could fix them.
Also one has to really wonder how the coins got listed in the first place, given they charge a huge amount to list (and supposedly check the sources for weaknesses and problems).

It only shows Cryptopias general attitude towards their customers that people that are scared having lost their money get insulted from you as spreading FUD and whatever. One could even think you are an agent provocateur from another exchange as you make Cryptopia look even worse than it already does after 40days of complete silence.

Does anyone actually have any proof in here? You know you can't just say shit without proving it right?
Also Cryptopia doesnt "instantly" delist coins, their knowledge base site specifically states when a coin was announced to be delisted and when it will be delisted (usually a month later).

You can't bullshit me mate.

GEN, SPACE, SJW

I am sure we could find many others where that was the case.

As you seem completely unable to have a polite choice of wording in a conversation I'll refrain from further replies to your posts. I am sure that makes me some but then again...
I could even care less if Cryptopia wouldn't owe me ~0.3 BTC which thanks to rallying prices are meanwhile worth even a bit more.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
Once Cryptopia does announce their plans to move forward, what ever they may be. I look forward to how many of you will come and say you were wrong, unlikely that any will have the guts to do so. But don't worry, everything is being archived and will be posted in detail showing all the FUDers to be what they really are. I'll post a link to that thread in here too.

of course FUD and threat are useless, but you as a topia mod you are more than useless here
and i encourage everyone to ignore you
For now nobody can prove at 100% if scam exit or incompetence but it won't change the fact they are liar and doesn't care about their customers
legendary
Once Cryptopia does announce their plans to move forward, what ever they may be. I look forward to how many of you will come and say you were wrong, unlikely that any will have the guts to do so. But don't worry, everything is being archived and will be posted in detail showing all the FUDers to be what they really are. I'll post a link to that thread in here too.

What is the point of that ? Some people you will never convince. It is a waste of energy and what the ignore button was designed for.

A lot of the nonsense posted here are just a couple of people who if you look at their history do that all the time.

It is quite understandable that people are upset. I am too. But it does not excuse some of the unreasonable claims and threats being made against the people that are sorting this out.

Most of the staff, shareholders, CEFs holders and coin devs that have listed coins are in the same position as the standard members of the exchange. Most of them will have crypto balances on the exchange, investments that are reliant on the exchange and few or no answers. There are many coins that are reliant on the exchange for trading volume.  It is in everyones interest to get this sorted out so everyone can have some answers.

Coincheck took 10 months to re-open. I think Cryptopia deserves more than 9 days back in their premises to provide some answers.

Most people I have spoken to have faith in the current Cryptopia management to provide answers and a solution.

Pages:
Jump to: