Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 49. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
losing crypto money become Usually not an exception and this makes crypto word Unpleasant for new investors

So true, now crypto are synonym of scam and thieves, thats why, i think we will have no more alt seasons again, like the one during 2017
Activity: 537
Merit: 100
losing crypto money become Usually not an exception and this makes crypto word Unpleasant for new investors
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Main question is to determine exact number of stolen coins.
After that they could offer company(brand) to someone who could actually repay coins and continue the business.

There is no sense using the same brand ever again. They will have eternity to take before gaining the trust that was already lost. Remember cryptopia tried to recover and opened the trading again after the hacking incident, but then it simply ended a failure. Better let go of the name and start fresh.
Activity: 259
After that they could offer company(brand) to someone who could actually repay coins and continue the business.

Robbed in Broad Daylight: How Hackers Stole $23 Million in Kiwi Cryptos
12 Jun 2019 https://www.moneymorning.co.nz/robbed-in-broad-daylight-how-hackers-stole-23-million-in-kiwi-cryptos/2019/06/12/
Activity: 728
Merit: 115

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Oh do you remember this exchange with many exotic altcoins available to sell after mining them?
What was its name.... hm.... Shitopia? no-no-no, wait... I've got it... oh! Cryptopia!

I kinda miss them!
This "hack" is a great cover for an obvious exit scam (so many sketchy shit on last 30 pages of this thread, it's just hard to deny it).

The sad reality is that those few people behind Cryptopia curtains knew exactly what they were doing and this legal farce is just a smoke screen. They are getting legal advice, sure... but it's about them minimizing financial and legal exposure.

I don't wanna be that guy... but we're NEVER getting anything back Cry Cry Cry

We can only hope that karma is real and they are getting their spanking soon =P

I'm gonna be the other guy and believe we will get our unhacked coins back. Might be only a percentage but who knows could be the full wad.

Keep believing dude !
As i said, in my case, all my tokens have been distributed to external wallet
for example, i'v hade a sh***coin Blakecoin : , my wallet was withdrawed
to this wallet :
http://blc.blakecoin.com/address/Bdzkka2a7GUBSgqffVYwmkPjzvUGWC8dc9  this was on MAy the 6th
same for Photocoin i had :
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pho/address.dws?BqvtCsQUEPBLUNV612eDmhsTJJy6orVrbW.htm

Meanwhile Bitcoin, Litecoin is mo0ning and stress is growing. Where gone that doubled haircut capital? We must track it down.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
This "hack" is a great cover for an obvious exit scam (so many sketchy shit on last 30 pages of this thread, it's just hard to deny it).

The sad reality is that those few people behind Cryptopia curtains knew exactly what they were doing and this legal farce is just a smoke screen. They are getting legal advice, sure... but it's about them minimizing financial and legal exposure.

I'm gonna be the other guy and believe we will get our unhacked coins back. Might be only a percentage but who knows could be the full wad.
Hoping isnt really bad but if you do expect too much you are just stressing out yourself as the day pass by which you do wait up for some compensation.
Well,each person do have their own views but if you do try to look at on the current situation it do really looks like completely as a murky water or simply
say that its hard to believe on any miracle of getting your coins back.
Activity: 410
Merit: 106

Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
There were a lot of funds that weren't hacked.  When are we going to get those?  Not even a timeline given? 

It's funny how centralized the supposedly cryptocurrency world actually is unless you are very smart and careful. 
Activity: 175
Merit: 12

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Just noticed that my tokens and coins on cryptopia were transfered to many external wallet on may. So it seem we are all completely f****...

That could have been Cryptopia staff sending funds from an older potentially compromised wallet to a freshly installed client, although the "many" does make me wonder.

Do you remember if the markets were re-enabled for those coins before Cryptopia shut down?
Just noticed that my tokens and coins on cryptopia were transfered to many external wallet on may. So it seem we are all completely f****...

How did you track the address? I checked that my 2502 LINA tokens were sent 325 days back to Cryptopia address and then it was all sent here about 110 days back which is after the hack. So my tokens look safe but I don't think I'll ever get them back.

Just found many address I have set for mining payback. When wanted to check the wallets amounts, I discovered that they we're transfered, small amounts each time, to many external wallets
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

How did you track the address? I checked that my 2502 LINA tokens were sent 325 days back to Cryptopia address and then it was all sent here about 110 days back which is after the hack. So my tokens look safe but I don't think I'll ever get them back.
legendary
https://assetylene.com/ (minus the www) still has a resolvable IP and listening web server, but it throws up a 404 page.

$ host assetylene.com
assetylene.com has address 104.25.19.27
assetylene.com has address 104.25.18.27
assetylene.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::6819:131b
assetylene.com has IPv6 address 2606:4700:20::6819:121b
assetylene.com mail is handled by 10 mail.assetylene.com.

FYI, this entry has now been deleted.

$ host assetylene.com
assetylene.com mail is handled by 10 mail.assetylene.com.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
Do we have to do anything to be put on a list to be paid back?  I hope people are monitoring this.  How come they haven't emailed us about the proceedings?  I haven't gotten one email from them at all I believe since the hack happened.

The liquidator got a High Court order that allows all mandatory notification to customers to be posted on Cryptopia.co.nz and their twitter account.

Currently there is no deadline for registering your interests. There is also no clarification as to whether customers need to register.

This is because the liquidator is still getting legal advise and High Court guidance on how to treat the customer funds.

I personally believe that it is likely that they will try to return it as crypto through a standard withdrawal process and that they want to classify it as "customer funds held in trust" rather than debt.

This may however not be applicable to all the crypto wallets. (i.e. basemarkets)

Classifying it as "debt" will open up a whole new can of worms for them.

legendary
Going deeper in the forest, will find more trees  ...

I agree there's probably a bit of an off smell here, but it could also just be arbitrage by customers, rather than some sort of collusion or speculation by the exchange admins. As a customer, I've sent funds between exchanges numerous times to take advantage of price differences.

The tantrum resulting in the delisting is another matter, of course.
Pages:
Jump to: