Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 63. (Read 173234 times)

legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
-snip-
I'm not defending Crytopia, but this statement too harsh for them. They lost more than 15M USD, the exchange already re-opened with a lot of significant withdrawal it's really difficult for them. You know that crytopia it's not a top exchange if the user keeps withdrawal their asset i believe they will out of the fund. Right now they need to recover the asset from their service, at least they have some responsibility about the hack.

You are defending them and I don't understand why people are still doing this.

They have made the wrong move pretty much every time.

The only reason I can see for people still defending them is that they have a lot of those IOU's and they are afraid that when no one will trade on cryptopia after this they will never get their money back.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
-snip-
I'm not defending Crytopia, but this statement too harsh for them. They lost more than 15M USD, the exchange already re-opened with a lot of significant withdrawal it's really difficult for them. You know that crytopia it's not a top exchange if the user keeps withdrawal their asset i believe they will out of the fund. Right now they need to recover the asset from their service, at least they have some responsibility about the hack.

15M lost huh? Btc is almost doubled after hack. Do you believe they are innocent? This is a scam you fools. Payback is in nz USD, lots of haircuts and you are all blind...
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
-snip-
Right now they need to recover the asset from their service, at least they have some responsibility about the hack.
I dont want to withdraw, i want to trade. but i've been waiting for months for coin i want to trade to get back online..
they dont seem to be working too hard. recovering with most of the markets offline, thus greatly reducing their potential trading volume and fees profits.. not very convincing
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
-snip-
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Very interested! I am glad.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
In what land of the lost does it take an exchange 6 months to reboot the GD servers?
Activity: 271
Merit: 100
The most important thing is that they did not include a Tether, but they should have been. This is the most running coin with btc of ltc and doges. So do not say that the output works so long as this scam.
Activity: 127
Merit: 5
The new zealand police are allowing this to be dragged on. They have done absolutely nothing in 4 months to get people their money back.

This is 300 million dollars worth of coins that need to be returned to the customers and cryptopia continues to stall the opening of the coins for withdrawals.

At some point lawsuits will start to be filed because their is no other choice. The way things are going is absolutely unacceptable and the customers should have access to their own money.

Lets be clear about this. It is the customer money being held hostage. I find it hard to believe that new zealand laws allow this kind lawless behavior from a registered company. It makes new zealand as a country look like some back woods third world slum where laws don't mean anything.

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
when pakcoin back online ?
be patient, all 80 cryptopian employees are busy working to get pak and few other coins back online before the year's end  Grin
Activity: 641
when pakcoin back online ?
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
I was wondering if in NZ there's a website or portal which lists litigation. In some jurisdictions you can search by name etc.
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
Communicating, creating goodwill and support is still free and largely a human skill not depending on the amount of money you own. Or so it is for me.

I agree with you on this, but people should also consider the involvement of New Zealand police and who knows which other authorities in this Cryptopia theft. Usually whit an ongoing investigation they rarely go around on social medias detailing what happened and what they're doing.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
I just lost my phone last week. Do you guys have back up keys on Cryptopia 2FA in case you're gadgets got lost? I was checking my back ups and I cannot find any keys on Cryptopia 2FA. Sad 

The good news is that you can recover your account by contacting their support.
The bad news is that, even under normal circumstances the procedure is usually slow in order to keep user accounts safe... now imagine how long it'll take for one of the slowest companies which is also under a crisis after their hack.
Good luck!!
Activity: 20
I just lost my phone last week. Do you guys have back up keys on Cryptopia 2FA in case you're gadgets got lost? I was checking my back ups and I cannot find any keys on Cryptopia 2FA. Sad 

Do you have 2FA code? Beside 2FA apps on phone I saved 2FA code on paper too.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Communicating, creating goodwill and support is still free and largely a human skill not depending on the amount of money you own. Or so it is for me.

I'm sure even Binance would not be able to handle a catastrofic event with massive losses, probably resulting in a scenario that would look more like a Cryptopia case or worse.
Fact of the matter is, except for the words "significant losses" we still know nothing about the magnitude of the event.

I still find it hard to believe how so many devs "centralized" their coins by only listing it on this exchange (or Bittrex, etc.).
They didn't do it on purpose. Getting listed is not that easy and also pretty expensive.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
I am impressed by this attitude:

CZ Binance
‏Verified account @cz_binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

We should own up it. We will learn and improve.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

The term; when Binance, might have a slightly different meaning going forward.
 Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

You think closing in on 4 months now is reasonable ? 

The alternative .. Trust you wtf are you talking about ?

I'm sure even Binance would not be able to handle a catastrofic event with massive losses, probably resulting in a scenario that would look more like a Cryptopia case or worse.

Right but Binance has structures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cryptopia failed on pretty much every front .. u can keep defending them all u want just makes u look like someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

I have been trading at Cryptopia for a number of years, and for sure they could have done things a lot better,but when reading a lot of the comments here it's very one sided, and most people don't take things into proper perspective. Simply sounds like a echo chamber of one sided comments.
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
I am impressed by this attitude:

CZ Binance
‏Verified account @cz_binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

We should own up it. We will learn and improve.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

The term; when Binance, might have a slightly different meaning going forward.
 Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

You think closing in on 4 months now is reasonable ? 

The alternative .. Trust you wtf are you talking about ?

Right but Binance has structures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cryptopia failed on pretty much every front .. u can keep defending them all u want just makes u look like someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Binance may have a lot more money than Cryptopia, but there's other differences which are not money-related: transparency, engagement with the community, not hiding behind police who is ill-prepared to take on crypto matters etc.

Less than 24 hours after the event, the owner and CEO of Binance sat down in a live youtube session and explained things. Posted the TX with their stolen funds. Gave some technical explanations about the specifics of the hack. Outlined the solution, which in their case is a commendable complete assuming of responsibility and damages.

On the other hand, 4 months after the Cryptopia event we have nothing of the above, not even the TXs of the stolen funds. All of this would have been free, to share information and engage the community.

Binance has so far always been fair to the community and kept everyone close. Did you see the result? Pledges of help from other important actors in the crypto space. Who did you see pledge help for Cryptopia? No one. I think if they would have been open about what happened, took responsibility that was their to own and asked for help, the community would have helped them. But they just hid behind police bureaucrats.

Wait, someone did offer to help: it was again CZ of Binance who froze some of the presumed stolen funds.

This is the big difference between cryptopia and binance,

Cryptopia should have act and do what binance did during their hack. It was a simple ABC, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT and TRANSPARENCY but instead they choose to ignore everyone. Until now not a single tweet in the past weeks and no update how far are they in securing their platform.

A basic comparison between Incompetency and Competency in handling the situation. In this case binance wins Cheesy
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
I still find it hard to believe how so many devs "centralized" their coins by only listing it on this exchange (or Bittrex, etc.).  And a lot of coins are essentially one person operations.  The exchanges will only talk to the dev, and if that dev isn't motivated, the whole operation comes to a standstill.  These coins don't have to be bad worthless coins, they can have vision, but unless that dev can delegate, things seem to get stuck quickly. 
Pages:
Jump to: