Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 64. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 103
Lol the volume on shitopia is absolutely abysmal. How do like 90% of the coins trading versus BTC have 0.00 volume?

They were hacked a few months ago, many of the trading pairs are halted for trading. Also deposits and withdrawals can only be made in BTC, LTC and DOGE.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Lol the volume on shitopia is absolutely abysmal. How do like 90% of the coins trading versus BTC have 0.00 volume?
I am impressed by this attitude:

CZ Binance
‏Verified account @cz_binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

We should own up it. We will learn and improve.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

The term; when Binance, might have a slightly different meaning going forward.
 Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

You think closing in on 4 months now is reasonable ? 

The alternative .. Trust you wtf are you talking about ?

I'm sure even Binance would not be able to handle a catastrofic event with massive losses, probably resulting in a scenario that would look more like a Cryptopia case or worse.

legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

You think closing in on 4 months now is reasonable ? 

The alternative .. Trust you wtf are you talking about ?

Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Binance may have a lot more money than Cryptopia, but there's other differences which are not money-related: transparency, engagement with the community, not hiding behind police who is ill-prepared to take on crypto matters etc.

Less than 24 hours after the event, the owner and CEO of Binance sat down in a live youtube session and explained things. Posted the TX with their stolen funds. Gave some technical explanations about the specifics of the hack. Outlined the solution, which in their case is a commendable complete assuming of responsibility and damages.

On the other hand, 4 months after the Cryptopia event we have nothing of the above, not even the TXs of the stolen funds. All of this would have been free, to share information and engage the community.

Binance has so far always been fair to the community and kept everyone close. Did you see the result? Pledges of help from other important actors in the crypto space. Who did you see pledge help for Cryptopia? No one. I think if they would have been open about what happened, took responsibility that was their to own and asked for help, the community would have helped them. But they just hid behind police bureaucrats.

Wait, someone did offer to help: it was again CZ of Binance who froze some of the presumed stolen funds.

CZ Binance

Grin Wink Grin
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

Activity: 872
Merit: 120
Binance said it would cover the incident “in full” and no user funds will be affected.

Cryptopia haircut - ETH = 100%, BTC = 16%, LTC=30%.

Close enough
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Scam exchange vs pro exchange...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
see how easily this exchange gave the address and txs of hack funds?..immediately.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028031711-Binance-Security-Breach-Update
Activity: 641
Merit: 0
when pakcoin open to trade and wallet  Roll Eyes
legendary
want an idea of what will happen to your haircuts?

here it is, buy low--sell high--pay low hehe

https://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-pledges-buy-back-remaining-hack-credit-tokens
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
I just have about ~50/60€ worth of random alts on the exchange so even if it should disappear it won't hit me badly, of course I can't talk for other users but I think Cryptopia will come back, many wallets can take days or even weeks to sync

I work in several blockexplorer for different coins and i can sync 3 wallets simultaneously and even more if needed, So i don't see a point what's the issues they encounter when syncing a every blockchain of each wallet.

they say they have 2 Millions + accounts that needs wallet generation and i find it odd since for exchange you don't need to assign wallet address for all those 2M accounts and it can be done on demand or only for those users that need address for a certain wallet.

If they are doing the address addition manually on each account i find their system too primitive and in this case it will would take a lifetime to finish it all up.

It's not as simple as an explorer and those addresses need to be assigned immediately etc. You don't want to have anything to do with an exchange where stuff like accounts are assigned later as that makes it hard to really lock them down to the same degree. It takes a metric shitpot of patience. However unfortunate that may be.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
I just have about ~50/60€ worth of random alts on the exchange so even if it should disappear it won't hit me badly, of course I can't talk for other users but I think Cryptopia will come back, many wallets can take days or even weeks to sync

I work in several blockexplorer for different coins and i can sync 3 wallets simultaneously and even more if needed, So i don't see a point what's the issues they encounter when syncing a every blockchain of each wallet.

they say they have 2 Millions + accounts that needs wallet generation and i find it odd since for exchange you don't need to assign wallet address for all those 2M accounts and it can be done on demand or only for those users that need address for a certain wallet.

If they are doing the address addition manually on each account i find their system too primitive and in this case it will would take a lifetime to finish it all up.
legendary
pricktopia made a killing with those haircuts LOL

told ya  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

6.  New #whenwithdrawings is Sunday, June 17, 2018 a full 6 months after "hack" we will know how many coins got hacked.

ie..

until June 17,
all BennyBoy will say is,
"check https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/"

Then after withdraws are still not open, well they will have concocted some other excuse by then, like

"the MINTcoin wallet is lagging and looks like we should have that in sync by November 5, 2099,  ... LOL-muppets-fuck-you!"

Not even going to hit my outlandish calculation.
Still have a staff of 80?

What df are they doing?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
When usdt activation?HuhHuh?? Huh Huh

The obvious big nugget.

True intent, all USDT in stock have been sold at $1, with some luck once it implodes to $0.13 CRAPTOPIAtm will buy back the units and then you will get to withdraw Grin and buy $25K btc to escape the tether ... (but actually $2500 btc in actual dollars).

All they have to do is keep the USDT closed until it POPs!, then activate the market, and force you to exit ONLY by BTC,LTC, or DOGE.

Nothing crooked about that, amiRight?

I still have around $300 in USDT in cryptopia and your post is the possible worst case scenario that might happen in the coming weeks,.

On the other hand i am still clueless why they are making it hard for their members to withdraw all their assets in their platform. They always boasting BTC withdrawal is enabled but its just a smoke screen so they can further delay everything,. The number of secured coins is not moving in the past days and at this rate it would take years until they fix everything.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
When usdt activation?HuhHuh?? Huh Huh

The obvious big nugget.

True intent, all USDT in stock have been sold at $1, with some luck once it implodes to $0.13 CRAPTOPIAtm will buy back the units and then you will get to withdraw Grin and buy $25K btc to escape the tether ... (but actually $2500 btc in actual dollars).

All they have to do is keep the USDT closed until it POPs!, then activate the market, and force you to exit ONLY by BTC,LTC, or DOGE.

Nothing crooked about that, amiRight?
Pages:
Jump to: