Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 94. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Amazing, At least you aren't screaming exit scam FUD anymore though so, small victories.
I suppose "you" is the plural form, as you, Ben (in the singular) won't find a single post from me saying exit scam. However, doing now what should have been done 5 weeks ago is hardly worth celebrating.

I'm eagerly awaiting the resolution of the theft in the single way honest: covered by Cryptopia. Only then we would be celebrating.

Do custodial officers not know which keys are HOT and which are secured COLD stored?
This is interesting ground for speculation. I must clearly say I'm only speculating, but they have acted as if it was an inside job, as if someone physically stole the keys. An associate, an employee or a contractor. Just speculation, I say again.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

You seriously just basically said

"Why didn't they do the thing they are doing now when I said they should do it a day after the breach"
(when they didn't have access to their systems)

Amazing, At least you aren't screaming exit scam FUD anymore though so, small victories.

The talker is back, where's my chicken?

So is that your confirmation that cryptopia has +$150M of customer assets;
yet does NOT have a read-only, off main server, account monitoring?

Do we need to suggest a couple dozen apps that can do this for FREE?

Also
Do custodial officers not know which keys are HOT and which are secured COLD stored?

This.
is.
block chain bitch!
and nothing is TRUE until craptopia proves they hold the keys.

A read-only BS html page can maintain the "Still securing the system to safely open" BS line to their muppet clients for months.

Exit scam until proof of we control the keys to our coins. (That means withdraws)
Exit scam until police publish proof of theft.
Exit scam until craptopia can demostrate proof of holdings.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
If they decided to follow my advice, they could have done it sooner.

They could allow read only access to customers, in order to take snapshots of the accounts. That would be the honest thing to do.

Quote from: Cryptopia
Cryptopia Exchange
‏ @Cryptopia_NZ
5h5 hours ago

Update: We are aiming to have the Cryptopia site re-opened as read only by Monday.

You seriously just basically said

"Why didn't they do the thing they are doing now when I said they should do it a day after the breach"
(when they didn't have access to their systems)

If they decided to follow my advice, they could have done it sooner.

They could allow read only access to customers, in order to take snapshots of the accounts. That would be the honest thing to do.

Quote from: Cryptopia
Cryptopia Exchange
‏ @Cryptopia_NZ
5h5 hours ago

Update: We are aiming to have the Cryptopia site re-opened as read only by Monday.
Re-Opening Monday as read only. Why no reaction here???

Wouldn't that be news you would broadcast loud and far?
Like at least HERE in service thread and on their front page
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

Huh

That means you can see what you lost, but you can not withdraw what you may still have.

Also no trading.

Which could have been possible 3 days after the fact.
Broadcasting what you still have in custody.
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
Re-Opening Monday as read only. Why no reaction here???
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
For me 90% is good, it they will open SOON.
But 90 % of what?
There are so many illiquid shitcoins listed on cryptopia, and they are the only coins that many users hold in their accounts. While the paper value of such coins may be good, there is no way to sell them for such price.

If they cut 10% off paper tether or btc value from every account, some coins would have to be dumped all the way to zero wiping whole balances of many accounts - and it still would not be enough to add up to 10%.
They would need to cut 10% of every coin listed amount and move it to cryptopia controlled account and sell them slowly; but i doubt that can cover 10% in reasonable time
https://github.com/elementus-io/cryptopia-hack/blob/master/README.md
this month old "armchair expert" is still more descriptive and detailed than anything yet tweeted by Cryptopia.

Activity: 15
Merit: 1
What's with all the sheep all of a sudden begging to be parted with their money? The coins were safeguarded by Cryptopia, so they must take the blame that is theirs.
Activity: 365
Merit: 14
nearly 10% of funds ($ 23M NZ$ ~ $16M US$) implies ~ $ 150M US$ worth of crypto is/was sitting on Cryptopia at the moment.
Assuming:
- The eval of 23 M is correct
- Nothing was recovered. Binace said they recovered something. Police also hinted they recovered something.

It's no use telling people to deposit to new addresses if the sites still in maintenance?
Actually they are saying not to deposit to the old addresses. They are not saying to deposit.

Good tweet, only 10%, that spread amongst all users is just another day in crypto land.
Why socialize the losses? Are you asking to be deposed of your holdings, even if nothing of yours was stolen and even if it was not your responsibility to protect the funds? Is there no responsibility for the operator?

so, if that will be the proposal, are you going to lawsuit cryptopia to gain another 10% and at the end getting anything for years?
For me 90% is good, it they will open SOON.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 14
Good to see some news this morning, i only had roughly 30-35 USD worth in open trade when cryptopia went offline so wouldn't have been too devastated if i never saw it again, but this offers some hope to the folks that have lost megabucks.
Activity: 952
Merit: 267
Can anyone tell me which coins are stolen? Any specific coins are stolen? Because there are different altcoins. It will be good if you share which coins are stolen.
And you are going to refund those coins to users, right?

And thanks for keeping us updated on twitter.
Activity: 653
Merit: 11
Cryptopia handled this professionally.

It's a pleasure to trade on their platform.
nearly 10% of funds ($ 23M NZ$ ~ $16M US$) implies ~ $ 150M US$ worth of crypto is/was sitting on Cryptopia at the moment.
Assuming:
- The eval of 23 M is correct
- Nothing was recovered. Binace said they recovered something. Police also hinted they recovered something.

It's no use telling people to deposit to new addresses if the sites still in maintenance?
Actually they are saying not to deposit to the old addresses. They are not saying to deposit.

Good tweet, only 10%, that spread amongst all users is just another day in crypto land.
Why socialize the losses? Are you asking to be deposed of your holdings, even if nothing of yours was stolen and even if it was not your responsibility to protect the funds? Is there no responsibility for the operator?
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
Good tweet, only 10%, that spread amongst all users is just another day in crypto land. Good to see they're taking their time, not jumping in and rushing like the idiots here want them to do. I have a few k trading funds sitting in the account and now confident of getting most of it back.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1100633124428492800

Update: As a result of the new wallets please immediately refrain from depositing funds into old Cryptopia addresses.
We have more updates to come tomorrow, keep an eye on our page.

Yes, but which page?

I've posted all updates and announcements here: Unofficial thread - announcements regarding the Cryptopia security breach. 26 February 2019, 14:23:45

So people don't have to read through all the clutter.

Oh I get it...

xtraelv is attacking me because I started a thread on the 16 January 2019, 11:13:51 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptopia-online-articles-related-to-hack-theft-of-funds-2022-non-discussion-5097916 Cryptopia - ONLINE ARTICLES related to hack & theft of funds 2019 (ten days before his self moderated thread)

Now I get why he's so Butt Hurt TM  Roll Eyes

Contributions are always welcome.
Activity: 5
This one too

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1100596382254084096

Now... where did all those FUD/Exit scam spammers go... Want to share you opinions now?

So, what coins are compromised? And any updates as to when the site will be life? It's no use telling people to deposit to new addresses if the sites still in maintenance?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1100633124428492800

Update: As a result of the new wallets please immediately refrain from depositing funds into old Cryptopia addresses.
We have more updates to come tomorrow, keep an eye on our page.

Yes, but which page?
Pages:
Jump to: