Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia exchange hacked - page 10. (Read 4052 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3485
Nec Recisa Recedit
March 02, 2019, 11:31:27 AM
Hi guys, any news about bitsend tokens? They have been stolen also? Or it's possible recover it already? Thanks in advance for replies.

doesn't look like it, and funds have not been swept yet.  most likely the Cryptopia staff have not done that wallet yet.

thanks digit. Maybe this wallet is really safe Smiley
So there are some news about next steps? When they will come back online again?
When they come back
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
March 02, 2019, 10:55:52 AM
Are you talking about Cryptopia?
May be another exchange as Cryptopia never told they will close and users should withdraw their coins

Thanks for this reply. You are right this is about Cryptopia, not Nova. I don't know how I messed this up?

Deleted my post already because is not related at all.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
March 02, 2019, 10:53:45 AM
Are you talking about Cryptopia?
May be another exchange as Cryptopia never told they will close and users should withdraw their coins
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
March 02, 2019, 10:49:22 AM
Hi guys, any news about bitsend tokens? They have been stolen also? Or it's possible recover it already? Thanks in advance for replies.

doesn't look like it, and funds have not been swept yet.  most likely the Cryptopia staff have not done that wallet yet.

legendary
Merit: 3485
Nec Recisa Recedit
March 02, 2019, 10:20:55 AM
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
March 01, 2019, 11:08:58 AM
Today, after terrible long silence, good news are coming from Cryptopia.
Check their twitter...

Another positive tweet: "Update: We have transitioned 24% of all wallets to our new secure servers.  Once the read only site is online, we will be keeping users up to date on which wallets have been checked and secured via the coin info page."

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1101275730372059136
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
March 01, 2019, 08:00:31 AM
The news about the re-opening is good news for all. Cool
Either someone want's to keep trading there or not, the fact is that we will all have access to our funds.

Let's see what they will deside to do about withdraws (which imho will be big) and how to compensate people about this incident.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
February 28, 2019, 06:55:50 PM
If user losses are capped below 10%, things might actually just go on as normal. Remember when Bitfinex got hacked for 120,000 bitcoins? They only got bigger after that. Never underestimate cryptocurrency investors. They're born gamblers.

Cryptopia has never really come across as shady to me, either. Maybe stretched too thin and supporting too many coins, but not particularly shady.

Still wondering how's the compensation (cross fingers) of lost tokens will be done.

Maybe some angel investor will step in so Cryptopia can compensate the losses, like Coincheck. Wouldn't that be nice? Smiley

I'm guessing they'll issue tokens for the losses like Bitfinex did.

Bitfinex seemed shady to me, I was ready to trust them and they took over 2 months to activate my account! Like hell I'd ever use them after that, what would happen if they'd decide they want to hold my funds until I provide them with some random paperwork?

As for Cryptopia, why would they need an angel investor to help them? They've said that they estimate the loses to be AT WORST 10%. They've made a killing from listing all these small coins so they better suck up the loses themselves if they want to have a chance for people to ever trust them again.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
February 28, 2019, 05:50:14 PM
Cryptopia Exchange@Cryptopia_NZ
Update: We are aiming to have the Cryptopia site re-opened as read only by Monday.
Re-open? Lol, I don't think so if people or their current clients will trust them again. They are a very shady exchange, I think building trust again for them is not easy and as of now traders perhaps afraid of what happened before. my guess that exchange was going to die no traders will come there.

If user losses are capped below 10%, things might actually just go on as normal. Remember when Bitfinex got hacked for 120,000 bitcoins? They only got bigger after that. Never underestimate cryptocurrency investors. They're born gamblers.

Cryptopia has never really come across as shady to me, either. Maybe stretched too thin and supporting too many coins, but not particularly shady.

Still wondering how's the compensation (cross fingers) of lost tokens will be done.

Maybe some angel investor will step in so Cryptopia can compensate the losses, like Coincheck. Wouldn't that be nice? Smiley

I'm guessing they'll issue tokens for the losses like Bitfinex did.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
February 28, 2019, 05:46:19 PM
Update: We are aiming to have the Cryptopia site re-opened as read only by Monday.
Re-open? Lol, I don't think so if people or their current clients will trust them again. They are a very shady exchange, I think building trust again for them is not easy and as of now traders perhaps afraid of what happened before. my guess that exchange was going to die no traders will come there.

Disregarding the "regaining back the trust", they really need to reopen the site for an obvious purpose that traders will now able to withdraw their respective assets. It's nice if somehow traders can get out here together with their funds.

After that, it's a dumb thing to used this platform once again. So if there will be a chance of regaining access to withdrawals, need to rush things and get out immediately.
legendary
Merit: 3098
February 28, 2019, 05:34:03 PM

it will soon be forgotten. but it is good to come back. They will probably maximum slow down all withdrawal because of security and trying to keep people in. Also, expect to reduce the conditions for listing new altcoins to bring as many people back.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
February 28, 2019, 03:27:09 PM
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
February 28, 2019, 02:13:44 PM

Hopefully the expected good news will not become terrible lol.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2019, 01:14:37 PM
Maybe just maybe we will get somewhere with Cryptopia?   Cheesy

https://twitter.com/cryptopia_nz?lang=de&lang=de
legendary
February 27, 2019, 10:23:10 PM
Yes, Twitter post help but is a very general way to be handling this. A direct email would be far more professional and reassuring. We shall see....  Roll Eyes
I should think so. Indeed, smart thought as most account associated with the email. That would be regarded genuine formal procedure than this. I appreciate their new approach, though. They are not bankrupted, our assets are very Safe! I trust we hear some good news on the very beginning of March.

Yes and more news has come out that they have lost around 9.4 % of their crypto assets. So maybe not a total loss now.

https://www.coindesk.com/hacked-exchange-cryptopia-discloses-estimate-of-stolen-crypto
Activity: 2044
Merit: 323
February 27, 2019, 01:10:41 PM
Yes, Twitter post help but is a very general way to be handling this. A direct email would be far more professional and reassuring. We shall see....  Roll Eyes
I should think so. Indeed, smart thought as most account associated with the email. That would be regarded genuine formal procedure than this. I appreciate their new approach, though. They are not bankrupted, our assets are very Safe! I trust we hear some good news on the very beginning of March.
legendary
February 27, 2019, 10:54:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042
February 27, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
All I know is they are doing a very poor, almost intentional job at not communicating to the public. They have all the user emails, maybe a nice letter of reassurance of what they are doing and when they plan to open for withdraws of OUR funds.  This just really seems suspicious now.  Angry

i fully agree with you. if something happens then you have to stand by it. all involved parties deserve a notification and regular updates. i think the police can't forbid that Roll Eyes Wink
but at least via twitter there are some news. a lot of them are up to date.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
February 27, 2019, 03:53:39 AM
Who has the cryptopia bitcoin wallet addresses? I would like to do some blockchain digging.

I've found an old post of mine just for you mate! Grin
This is one of their (previous) deposit wallets: 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD]3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD
I had also tried to do some digging, here's what I had found,

Okay I think I found the Cryptopia's BTC wallet. My deposit there is kinda old and I can't recall 100% if it's the address I deposited was Cryptopia's or another exchange's, but I traced the movement and since the wallet's movements stopped on 14th January I'm 99% sure it's Cryptopia's.

This is their wallet: 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD

After many hops between 1-use addresses, I find a big amount of funds consecrated here: 12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY
This was a new address created on 13th January.
It seems that after gathering BTC from different Cryptopia's wallets, summing 392.31 BTC, they sent a "test" transaction of 3 BTC on 14th January and 10 minutes later they sent all the amount to the same address.

From that point on, it seems like the funds were split to multiple addresses, probably many of which are exchanges.

Your thoughts? Anything I missed maybe?

Check their twitter...

Tweet 1#
We are continuing to work on assessing the impact incurred as a result of the hack in January. Currently, we have calculated that worst case 9.4% of our total holdings was stolen. Please keep an eye on our page for further updates today

Tweet 2#
We are securing each wallet individually to ensure the exchange is fully secure when we resume trading.
We have more updates to come today, please keep an eye on our page.

Tweet 3#
As a result of the new wallets please immediately refrain from depositing funds into old Cryptopia addresses.
We have more updates to come tomorrow, keep an eye on our page.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
February 27, 2019, 03:20:28 AM
Check their twitter...
Pages:
Jump to: