Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia exchange hacked - page 5. (Read 4052 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 10, 2019, 06:04:26 AM
That's how it works with cryptopia, All their customers is at their mercy and everyone has been hoping everyday that they should allow withdrawal for secured coins.

Then my guess is that when they activate their "wallets" (and they will at some point), 90% of their clients will withdraw everything.

man, i just want to withdraw my coins from cryptopia, thats why im checking this thread lol

In the way they behave to their customers from the start, i dought that anyone cares for something else. Undecided

You need to wait for some more time. They are only around 50% through their hot wallet creation process and the indications are that it may take another 2 months. So hopefully by June, you will be able to withdraw your coins (if everything goes according to the plan). So be patient, and don't think about it too much.

And do you know when they will start reimbursing the customers? I got about 26.94410377 CLM coins and they say that 0.00526361 BTC was withdrawn during the hack but the last time I checked the website, the price was more than 0.02 BTC. I don't know if they are lying about the amount that was lost too as I hadn't checked their website for long.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
April 10, 2019, 01:50:14 AM
That's how it works with cryptopia, All their customers is at their mercy and everyone has been hoping everyday that they should allow withdrawal for secured coins.

Then my guess is that when they activate their "wallets" (and they will at some point), 90% of their clients will withdraw everything.

man, i just want to withdraw my coins from cryptopia, thats why im checking this thread lol

In the way they behave to their customers from the start, i dought that anyone cares for something else. Undecided

You need to wait for some more time. They are only around 50% through their hot wallet creation process and the indications are that it may take another 2 months. So hopefully by June, you will be able to withdraw your coins (if everything goes according to the plan). So be patient, and don't think about it too much.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
April 07, 2019, 10:01:46 AM

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
April 07, 2019, 06:46:21 AM
So at the end, they don't answer at all as they did from the start of this incident. Same old unprofessionalism...
Cryptopia update us when they see fit/like, because nobody(?) can't force them to do it differently.

It's a fact though that if they want to start earning again as exchanger, they will need to activate the wallets faster.

Who else not Cheesy i been active in their discord, twitter, facebook reading all the comments made by their angry customers and none from cryptopia replied or care Cheesy

Activity: 625
Merit: 254
https://assetsplit.org/
April 06, 2019, 04:36:14 PM
hi OP, please can you change the title for this thread?!!
cryptopia did not lose any dollar in this event, everything was paid by the users wallet who trusted these bastards and much more, without even giving any proof about the hack.
Activity: 349
Merit: 2
April 06, 2019, 04:24:59 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
April 05, 2019, 08:31:37 AM
They already know what had been loss but they are hiding behind the police investigation Cheesy Which is i dont get the point, they can simply post a bitcoin tx details of the hack amount and let the community help in tracking down the hacker. But they choose to rely on the police that don't know anything about blockchain.

Its really painful to see our funds lock inside cryptopia without any assurance that they will allow withdrawal in the near future, What more painful is the way they handle their customers, Acting like they OWN all the money inside their vault specially all those discord moderators that treat all those users that asking for news like garbage and threatens with ban since all question about cryptopia are considered FUD.

So at the end, they don't answer at all as they did from the start of this incident. Same old unprofessionalism...
Cryptopia update us when they see fit/like, because nobody(?) can't force them to do it differently.

It's a fact though that if they want to start earning again as exchanger, they will need to activate the wallets faster.
April 04, 2019, 10:05:31 AM
So lets sum it up:
we dont really know what happenes with the losses , who will pay the damage?
Will there be any compensation for the losses?

How high were the losses really?
On what coins and how much?
How can cryptopia say in the beginning that xy was lost, but now they seem not able to define the losses?
When or will the funds ever be able to withdraw?
We see cryptopia tries to get the exchange back in operation.
But this happenes painful slow and will probably last until end of this year.

Why are withdrawals on already secured coins not enabled.
Its OUR money , not theirs, they play with our money.Thats a crime.

This is not the transparency that we have the right to ask for.
And its not really clear if we will ever be able to withdraw.

Somehow it looks to me as if they only play to gain time.
Or are they really so incredible incompetent?

They already know what had been loss but they are hiding behind the police investigation Cheesy Which is i dont get the point, they can simply post a bitcoin tx details of the hack amount and let the community help in tracking down the hacker. But they choose to rely on the police that don't know anything about blockchain.

Its really painful to see our funds lock inside cryptopia without any assurance that they will allow withdrawal in the near future, What more painful is the way they handle their customers, Acting like they OWN all the money inside their vault specially all those discord moderators that treat all those users that asking for news like garbage and threatens with ban since all question about cryptopia are considered FUD.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
April 02, 2019, 03:24:56 PM
So lets sum it up:
we dont really know what happenes with the losses , who will pay the damage?
Will there be any compensation for the losses?

How high were the losses really?
On what coins and how much?
How can cryptopia say in the beginning that xy was lost, but now they seem not able to define the losses?
When or will the funds ever be able to withdraw?
We see cryptopia tries to get the exchange back in operation.
But this happenes painful slow and will probably last until end of this year.

Why are withdrawals on already secured coins not enabled.
Its OUR money , not theirs, they play with our money.Thats a crime.

This is not the transparency that we have the right to ask for.
And its not really clear if we will ever be able to withdraw.

Somehow it looks to me as if they only play to gain time.
Or are they really so incredible incompetent?
April 02, 2019, 01:54:52 PM
%15 of their btc seems gone (it says on my btc balance) but because i don't have eth before, i can't see the lost about eth and we all know the biggest hit were there. So anyone who holds any ether on cryptopia can say the % of loss?

Oh, now i saw it:

"
BTC = 14%
LTC = 43%
ETH = 100% "

It was expected, unfortunately.

Hopefully, we don't need to bear those losses. You might have noticed "cryptopia loss marker" in the balances tab. It is denominated in NZD and represents all the coins that you had lost. Cryptopia will refund either the entire amount, or a part of it.

Until all coins has been check and safely secured we are NOT entirely safe of haircut for other coins, Specially the USDT which is until now there's no news about the status of USDT balance of their clients.
legendary
April 02, 2019, 01:40:50 PM
%15 of their btc seems gone (it says on my btc balance) but because i don't have eth before, i can't see the lost about eth and we all know the biggest hit were there. So anyone who holds any ether on cryptopia can say the % of loss?

Oh, now i saw it:

"
BTC = 14%
LTC = 43%
ETH = 100% "

Hopefully, we don't need to bear those losses. You might have noticed "cryptopia loss marker" in the balances tab. It is denominated in NZD and represents all the coins that you had lost. Cryptopia will refund either the entire amount, or a part of it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
March 30, 2019, 10:25:40 AM

Oh, now i saw it:

"
BTC = 14%
LTC = 43%
ETH = 100% "

Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
March 29, 2019, 08:18:22 AM

As of now there's still no clear official news from cryptopia on what coins has been hack and how much. We don't know if this really the work of the hacker or cryptopia themselves. Until they issue such statement we really have to rely in this 3rd party blockchain analyst to track stolen coins.
We cant really make any conclusions yet since there are no official updates came from Cryptopia team themselves.We can presume that these funds is being moved out once again or this was their doing same as you said.
For now we should wait for sometime.
March 29, 2019, 07:34:33 AM

As of now there's still no clear official news from cryptopia on what coins has been hack and how much. We don't know if this really the work of the hacker or cryptopia themselves. Until they issue such statement we really have to rely in this 3rd party blockchain analyst to track stolen coins.
legendary
March 29, 2019, 06:57:31 AM

By now it looks like it was the work of professional hackers. Earlier, I was thinking that it could be an insider job, but evidence points against any such conclusion. Anyway... it seems to be that the hackers are in a rush to cashout.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
March 29, 2019, 05:42:14 AM
Just now another Exchange had been hacked:
https://www.coindesk.com/singapore-based-crypto-exchange-dragonex-has-been-hacked

You know what they wrote:

For the loss caused to our users, DragonEx will take the responsibility no matter what.

It sounds very unclear of what is this responsibility that will be taken from the exchange.
The fact is if they will compensate their clients with their own money or not. If they do so, then I would agree that they taken the fully responsibility of this breach otherwise they are just talking nonsense.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
March 29, 2019, 01:43:37 AM
Meanwhile Cryptopia have been enabled lots of trade pairs, but deposits and withdrawals still down. Appears that they're moving the assets to the new safe wallets, first until then we won't be able to withdraw.

This process is painstaking process and really slow. Judging from their previous performance before they even hack they usually have a wallet under a maintenance for 2weeks to 4 weeks for a mere wallet update.

I'm not sure if you mean that this process is "generally" slow or if it's slow in Cryptopia's case.
Unless they use a couple home PCs and a DSL internet connection, they shouldn't be taking so much time to create and sync new wallets.

If they're following a special procedure which takes a long time to complete, then they should let their customers know about it... after all they just robbed them from a respectable amount of their funds.

I can only speak in general terms because I do not work there and don't know their exact process.

An exchange wallet comprises of thousands of addresses. All those addresses have to be loaded and interfaced with the exchange software (deposit engine and withdrawal engine).

Every user has a individual deposit address (unless a reference is used like with ETN). So if a coin has 20 000 users on the exchange then 20 000 deposit addresses have to be generated for that coin and interfaced with the software API.

All the old addresses have to be checked for balances and transferred to the exchange hot wallet. That process is normally done automatically but since it is unknown what the cause of the breach is - it is possible that they are checking and transferring it manually.

Cryptopia has over 2 million registered users and around 400 ? coin listings. It gives an indication of the scale of the work involved. It will involve a small number of staff because it provides access to private keys and therefore is sensitive information and security is at stake.

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
March 27, 2019, 05:03:21 PM
Meanwhile Cryptopia have been enabled lots of trade pairs, but deposits and withdrawals still down. Appears that they're moving the assets to the new safe wallets, first until then we won't be able to withdraw.

This process is painstaking process and really slow. Judging from their previous performance before they even hack they usually have a wallet under a maintenance for 2weeks to 4 weeks for a mere wallet update.

I'm not sure if you mean that this process is "generally" slow or if it's slow in Cryptopia's case.
Unless they use a couple home PCs and a DSL internet connection, they shouldn't be taking so much time to create and sync new wallets.

If they're following a special procedure which takes a long time to complete, then they should let their customers know about it... after all they just robbed them from a respectable amount of their funds.
legendary
March 27, 2019, 11:39:49 AM

If that is the case, then they should have disabled the trading as well, right? I had around 0.1 BTC at the time of hack, and it looks like I may lose around 15% of that amount. Anyway... some lessons are learnt the hard way. We are not supposed to store our coins in exchanges...
Pages:
Jump to: