Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia exchange hacked - page 9. (Read 4052 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
March 06, 2019, 03:25:16 PM
So users gain access again to the site but they can't do anything... Undecided
Now we will have to wait at least two weeks, to see wallets back and working or for something else? What's the next step of this procedure?

Hello Brother Condoras Cheesy long time...

Yes the site is currently on read-only mode and their next plan of action is to open the site as cancel-only mode (wherein users can cancel their orders from the trading terminal page) 

Did anybody lose any coin?

Well, my whole 0.000005 BTC dust is still there for now, but that's only during the "view-only" phase. I hope that after they restart the business they won't touch my balance! Roll Eyes
Seems like there is no official word about it though.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
March 06, 2019, 03:09:17 PM
Now we will have to wait at least two weeks, to see wallets back and working or for something else? What's the next step of this procedure?

Yes the site is currently on read-only mode and their next plan of action is to open the site as cancel-only mode (wherein users can cancel their orders from the trading terminal page) 

Did anybody lose any coin?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
March 06, 2019, 01:21:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
March 06, 2019, 12:55:51 PM
March 06, 2019, 06:37:37 AM
USDT is also an ERC20 token, not just OMNI.  and they have not made a public announcement of what has been lost, so no one knows.

Unless you can show on one or both of its blockchains, you cannot know if the USDT are safe.  Have you checked on either of the blockchains for USDT to see if Cryptopia wallet has its coins?

Based on unofficial reports, only TrueUSD are stolen by the hacker which is an ERC20 Token.

So there are big chances that they are using omni for their USDT Balance

EDIT

I just check that they are using OMNI for their USDT

Current Block height of Omni 565889
https://omniexplorer.info
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
March 06, 2019, 05:49:03 AM
They can't allow you to withdraw what they don't "physically" have. I suppose that "physically" isn't the exact word for cryptocurrencies, but you get what I mean. They had coins stolen so even though we see some balances in our accounts, they can't be put into the blockchain because Cryptopia doesn't hold those coins anymore.

As stated here: https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1102776289650335744 they'll offer "rebates"... now what those "rebates" mean, I don't know.

I dont have ERC20 or ETH Balance on my Cryptopia account and majority of my funds is on USDT and its not affected by the hack.

They should be allowed to be withdrawn while the users with affected coins can wait for their so called rebates.

USDT is also an ERC20 token, not just OMNI.  and they have not made a public announcement of what has been lost, so no one knows.

Unless you can show on one or both of its blockchains, you cannot know if the USDT are safe.  Have you checked on either of the blockchains for USDT to see if Cryptopia wallet has its coins?
March 06, 2019, 04:04:58 AM
They can't allow you to withdraw what they don't "physically" have. I suppose that "physically" isn't the exact word for cryptocurrencies, but you get what I mean. They had coins stolen so even though we see some balances in our accounts, they can't be put into the blockchain because Cryptopia doesn't hold those coins anymore.

As stated here: https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1102776289650335744 they'll offer "rebates"... now what those "rebates" mean, I don't know.

I dont have ERC20 or ETH Balance on my Cryptopia account and majority of my funds is on USDT and its not affected by the hack.

They should be allowed to be withdrawn while the users with affected coins can wait for their so called rebates.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
March 06, 2019, 04:00:11 AM
Now the situation begins to clear up. I hope Cryptopia will work in full mode soon  Smiley

"The New Zealand-based crypto exchange that just suffered from a massive yet “untypical” hack will be introducing cancel-only mode for their users in the next few days.

The announcement wrote that users are allowed to cancel any positions accordingly on this mode, although there’s no detail on how many days will “the next few days” be.

Moreover, the team also emphasized that this update is crucial as it will be the last step before the trade engine is turned back on for trading."

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/7921/cryptopia-to-introduce-cancel-only-mode-trading-engine-will-be-on-after.html

I find it odd that they are not talking about withdrawal Cheesy they are playing it safe and nicely and buying more time to build up more trust so no mass withdrawal will happen when they eventually open for business.

March 06, 2019, 02:18:23 AM
Now the situation begins to clear up. I hope Cryptopia will work in full mode soon  Smiley

"The New Zealand-based crypto exchange that just suffered from a massive yet “untypical” hack will be introducing cancel-only mode for their users in the next few days.

The announcement wrote that users are allowed to cancel any positions accordingly on this mode, although there’s no detail on how many days will “the next few days” be.

Moreover, the team also emphasized that this update is crucial as it will be the last step before the trade engine is turned back on for trading."

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/7921/cryptopia-to-introduce-cancel-only-mode-trading-engine-will-be-on-after.html

I find it odd that they are not talking about withdrawal Cheesy they are playing it safe and nicely and buying more time to build up more trust so no mass withdrawal will happen when they eventually open for business.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
March 06, 2019, 02:14:56 AM

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 05, 2019, 07:32:32 PM
Oh I see... read only. I am glad they are still in business at least. They are letting people back on to view stats and everything and say they only lost 9.5% of funds. That's just scary to think about if they would have pulled a cryptsy. Yeah exchanges are risky and it set them apart since they actually are back online and it seems like they will soon let users trade and withdrawal again.
They are trying to be transparent to gain back what has been taken to them and that is their reputation.

But the damage has been done, I'll wait on where this is heading. I'm hoping that most of the users funds will be refunded.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
March 05, 2019, 01:15:00 PM
Oh I see... read only. I am glad they are still in business at least. They are letting people back on to view stats and everything and say they only lost 9.5% of funds. That's just scary to think about if they would have pulled a cryptsy. Yeah exchanges are risky and it set them apart since they actually are back online and it seems like they will soon let users trade and withdrawal again.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
March 05, 2019, 12:59:41 PM
Nobody can use cryptopia now, its read only and it shows only the balance before the hack,
so nobody knows how much is left NOW.
But anyway thats a positive step forward.
Sure many will use it after the hack too.
Almost all exchanges were hacked already,
it depends how much they learn and how they handle the loss.
At least if they come back, its almost a proof that they were not the scammers.
At least no exit scam.

You would draw back your funds?
Nobody can draw back now, its read only...
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
March 05, 2019, 12:05:59 PM
Is anyone still using cryptopia after the hack? Seems really risky. I would just pull out and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
March 05, 2019, 10:26:51 AM
Great news... At least we will have a chance to check how much was stolen. Bringing the Exchange back up again means they are trying to do something right
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
March 05, 2019, 10:00:59 AM
So Cryptopia is back up read only but when you try sign in it brings you to two factor authentication and i am not yet to get an email from Cryptopia with the code so can not login anyone else have this problem?

Also the balances are apparently pre hack so how do i know if my coins were untouched.
I saw in main cryptopia thread such post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50025317
in the middle of this post you can find this part:
Lost & Found

ETH gone
GNT, REP still there  Shocked

My shitcoin bags still there!!
BTC, LTC, usdt, doge still there!!!!
but I don't quite understand how to understand it  Huh
Activity: 153
Merit: 8
March 05, 2019, 09:12:49 AM
So Cryptopia is back up read only but when you try sign in it brings you to two factor authentication and i am not yet to get an email from Cryptopia with the code so can not login anyone else have this problem?

Also the balances are apparently pre hack so how do i know if my coins were untouched.
Activity: 317
Merit: 100
March 04, 2019, 11:48:45 AM
We're always here for our investors. 
Cryptopia hackers tried to sell tokens on DEX and MyWish team has bought about 450,000 WISHs to distribute it back to the real owners.
Every user will get 22% of his/her lost WISH tokens back.

https://twitter.com/mywishplatform/status/1102592605932699648
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
March 04, 2019, 11:39:46 AM
Latest news about Cryptopia's opening - Cryptopia exchange to reopen on 4th march, could possibly be delayed updates team

"Update: We were aiming to get the site live today however, we have had a slight delay and are aiming to have the site live tomorrow. We will keep you updated as this progresses.

— Cryptopia Exchange (@Cryptopia_NZ) March 4, 2019"

https://blockmanity.com/news/exchanges/cryptopia-exchange-to-reopen-today-could-possibly-be-delayed/
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2019, 11:37:16 PM
I think if they come back on line with enhanced security and make right the missing funds and offer attractive listing fees to new coins as in FREE for a while and gain back trust, they can survive this. many other exchanges have been hit and made the right steps to recovery and are still here and stronger than before. Lets hope this is the scenario for Cyrptopia.

Hope we learn more by Monday, that will be the first step! and stick to what you say Cryptopia!
Pages:
Jump to: