Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia exchange hacked - page 4. (Read 4052 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
May 06, 2019, 07:23:51 PM
Cryptopia needs to give it up. This random new zealand exchange was fine back when altcoin exchanges were almost non-existent, but now there is so much competition they need to do better or exit the business.

Take your business elsewhere to a decentralized exchange or somewhere that has rock solid security.

Crytopia already allowed BTC withdrawals and that's a good action by them rather than be silent for long time and left without a trace. The said action lead others to get out to that exchange with their funds which is a good thing.

If you don't have an active funds left on Cryptopia prior to hacked then stop giving people an advice about using another exchanged instead. We know what we are doing.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
May 06, 2019, 04:05:21 PM
Cryptopia needs to give it up. This random new zealand exchange was fine back when altcoin exchanges were almost non-existent, but now there is so much competition they need to do better or exit the business.

Take your business elsewhere to a decentralized exchange or somewhere that has rock solid security.

Until they refund everyone with their hard earn money and all CLM Coins properly compensated they cannot give up and abandon their exchange. They should returned everything to all their users upto the single satoshi on each and every account.

I really dought that they will return everything back to us. Besides if they want to do just that, why they make a haircut and issue a new token?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
May 05, 2019, 08:42:48 AM

Until they refund everyone with their hard earn money and all CLM Coins properly compensated they cannot give up and abandon their exchange. They should returned everything to all their users upto the single satoshi on each and every account.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
May 04, 2019, 09:11:18 PM

legendary
May 02, 2019, 01:53:22 PM

If they are not trying to regain trust or just want to disappear completely, they shouldn't allow withdrawals in the first place and let customers hanging for a long period of time by posting/tweeting they are really working.

That action is way better than those exchanges that turned scammed completely and leave without a trace.

I'm sicked of waiting whether what happened now to our altcoins there but I don't mind waiting now that they achieved even small progress.

Ok now confirmed that BTC withdrawals are now smooth. Those people who able to withdraw now can freely say goodbye to that exchange. Don't have BTC there, only altcoins, but the fact they allow withdrawals, hoping the next progress will now be on other altcoins (finger crossed).
legendary
May 02, 2019, 10:10:00 AM
They had their chance of regaining trust.
But after 3 months they dont got their exchange running.
You cannot rise from the ashes if you dont try to stand up.

B-but-but... the police... they blocked our entrance... a-and then the weather... such a bad weather, first of all is the employee's safety!
A-A-and th-the coffee machine broke, our employees can't work more than 1 hour per day without coffee.
Al-also, two of our hamsters powering the servers died, so we can't sync more than 1 wallet at a time.

It's true that they come up to with more than 1mil excuses and it's well known already their "remarkable" customer service...
We can only (?) wait and hope that all the coins will be active.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
May 02, 2019, 04:26:17 AM

B-but-but... the police... they blocked our entrance... a-and then the weather... such a bad weather, first of all is the employee's safety!
A-A-and th-the coffee machine broke, our employees can't work more than 1 hour per day without coffee.
Al-also, two of our hamsters powering the servers died, so we can't sync more than 1 wallet at a time.
Activity: 1651
Merit: 863
May 02, 2019, 01:09:01 AM
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
May 01, 2019, 04:14:43 PM
Anyone here already got a successful withdrawal by now? (BTC,LTC,Doge)
Yes I got my BTC out, already last week.
BUT: My Altcoins are not tradeable against BTC and I cannot withdraw.
So since 3 Months they block the money.
Its not only the haircut, but still lack of info and no progress at the altcoins.
They autoclose tickets.
They lie about the (almost nonexistent)progress.
They have no plan to slowly pay the loss-tokens back, not even a promise...

Sadly, they probably won't be able to -- at least from the look of these pitiful trading volumes and the loss of trust after this pathetic relaunch. This situation increasingly reminds me of Vircurex. After being hacked in 2014, Vircurex attempted to maintain services and slowly paid back a small portion of the losses. But trading volume died and they eventually just stopped processing withdrawals. Then they disappeared.
Cryptopia would be heading on the same path.This is the problem on where exchanges getting hacked because trust of its users cant really able to gain back which means majority of them will really switch into those flawless or non tarnished exchangers rather than entrusting their coins into an exchange which do have the history of hacking.It would be just a normal reaction for anyone to experience this problem so i wont be surprised if this would disappear too.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
May 01, 2019, 03:32:31 PM
Its not only the haircut, but still lack of info and no progress at the altcoins.
They autoclose tickets.

Sadly, they probably won't be able to -- at least from the look of these pitiful trading volumes and the loss of trust after this pathetic relaunch. This situation increasingly reminds me of Vircurex. After being hacked in 2014, Vircurex attempted to maintain services and slowly paid back a small portion of the losses. But trading volume died and they eventually just stopped processing withdrawals. Then they disappeared.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
May 01, 2019, 11:25:33 AM

In such cases, users have to wait for years to get back their money but Cryptopia has been more reliable than other exchanges that just pulled down their website and disappeared. I'm also waiting on withdrawing my altcoins.

Already prepared on that since the day it was hacked. On the bright side, even they left their customers hangings for a brief period of time, at least they showed some progress even at slow phase. Still hoping even at low chances that my altcoins there where not affected by the hacked as it wasn't even mentioned on several reports that released.

I withdrew my 0.03 BTC from the website last week and since it was Easter, I got it after 3 days. I have another 0.035 BTC stuck in altcoins. Not a big amount but those coins were worth even more when I deposited them. My mistake as I just forgot about the exchange for a year and now desperately need them out as I need to swap some of them and have asked the admin to wait for Cryptopia's update.
April 30, 2019, 06:23:22 AM
They autoclose tickets.

Man, there are people who open a new exchange in less time.

They dont know how to handle things or they dont want to handle them.

I dont believe I will get my altcoins, I think cryptopia will be dead before.
Somehow its a zombie already...
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
April 30, 2019, 05:08:11 AM

Probably by late May or early June. CLM represents the value of the coins that were withdrawn by the hacker from your wallet (in NZ Dollar). You may face a 14% haircut on your Bitcoin holdings in Cryptopia. But don't worry. The remaining 86% is safe and you may be able to withdraw them in approx. 2 months from now. And you may get a part of the remaining 14%, if you chose to exchange the CLM coins to BTC or NZD.

Firstly the haircut effect all the clients/users of Cryptopia with no exeptions. Secondly withdraws for those coins is available from now, if anyone wants to.
As for the CLM tokens, Cryptopia doesn't even make a market. They just credit our accounts and nothing more, at least until now.
Btw a lot of alt coins are still not available due the "hot wallets" fixation...

They are so slow. They probably want to "prove" to their users that their exchange is safe again and they are trustworthy (or rather, fake it) before enabling CLM trading.
Maybe they'll stick a PoS tag on it hoping it'll be made less useless this way.
It's disgusting how they create a new useless token as a form of compensation when they already have their own token called "DOT" which at least has 1 use, that is getting listed in their exchange (https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinListings).

They could have compensated people with DOT but nope, that'd be like sharing the loses with their users, let's instead push all the loses to their customers! Great business tactic.
legendary
April 29, 2019, 05:52:48 PM

Yes, i made a BTC withdraw couple hours ago. Still pending but i receive a notification so i'm pretty sure that i will get them soon. Wink
legendary
April 29, 2019, 02:38:37 PM

In such cases, users have to wait for years to get back their money but Cryptopia has been more reliable than other exchanges that just pulled down their website and disappeared. I'm also waiting on withdrawing my altcoins.

Already prepared on that since the day it was hacked. On the bright side, even they left their customers hangings for a brief period of time, at least they showed some progress even at slow phase. Still hoping even at low chances that my altcoins there where not affected by the hacked as it wasn't even mentioned on several reports that released.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 29, 2019, 07:41:53 AM
Somehow I get the feeling we lost 100% of all coins. I dont believe in the ability and will of cryptopia to enable withdraw and allow any satoshi to go back to us.
Its time to go to a lawyer...

They have enabled BTC withdrawals and are continuously working on other wallet so I guess we need to have patience till then as even hiring a lawyer won't be useful when they have already reported the matter to the police. In such cases, users have to wait for years to get back their money but Cryptopia has been more reliable than other exchanges that just pulled down their website and disappeared. I'm also waiting on withdrawing my altcoins.
legendary
April 29, 2019, 07:31:37 AM
And do you know when they will start reimbursing the customers? I got about 26.94410377 CLM coins and they say that 0.00526361 BTC was withdrawn during the hack but the last time I checked the website, the price was more than 0.02 BTC. I don't know if they are lying about the amount that was lost too as I hadn't checked their website for long.

Probably by late May or early June. CLM represents the value of the coins that were withdrawn by the hacker from your wallet (in NZ Dollar). You may face a 14% haircut on your Bitcoin holdings in Cryptopia. But don't worry. The remaining 86% is safe and you may be able to withdraw them in approx. 2 months from now. And you may get a part of the remaining 14%, if you chose to exchange the CLM coins to BTC or NZD.

Firstly the haircut effect all the clients/users of Cryptopia with no exeptions. Secondly withdraws for those coins is available from now, if anyone wants to.
As for the CLM tokens, Cryptopia doesn't even make a market. They just credit our accounts and nothing more, at least until now.
Btw a lot of alt coins are still not available due the "hot wallets" fixation...
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
April 16, 2019, 04:18:59 AM
Deposits and Withdrawals enabled for BTC, LTC and DOGE. Hot Wallet is being topped up manually between 9AM-5PM (NZST) Monday-Friday. Withdrawals will not be available outside of these times or on NZ public holidays (Good Friday 19 April, Easter Monday 22 April, ANZAC Day 25 April
https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1117924287300558848
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
April 11, 2019, 01:59:09 PM
And do you know when they will start reimbursing the customers? I got about 26.94410377 CLM coins and they say that 0.00526361 BTC was withdrawn during the hack but the last time I checked the website, the price was more than 0.02 BTC. I don't know if they are lying about the amount that was lost too as I hadn't checked their website for long.

April 10, 2019, 06:23:34 AM
Somehow I get the feeling we lost 100% of all coins. I dont believe in the ability and will of cryptopia to enable withdraw and allow any satoshi to go back to us.
Its time to go to a lawyer...
Pages:
Jump to: