Pages:
Author

Topic: CYPHER HODL-Experimenting with ideas for different physical bitcoin designs - page 4. (Read 2546 times)

Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
Amazing! I have recently started producing artistic objects about bitcoins, I studied at the academy of fine arts in Italy, only recently have I shifted my artistic interest to banknotes which I find very fun to make! I've never tried to produce metal coins, I'm very passionate about it, I don't know where to start!

Thankyou! And welcome to the collectables section of Bitcointalk...you have landed on the right forum  Wink

there is a lot to stare at!  Smiley

I'm a huge fan of bip38 (imo it's the very first idea of a 2FA), so I like the BIP38-coin the most! it's simple but effective!

however, I'm feeling a little bit ambivalent about the two-coins-bip38-ones. with the coins it's the same problem as with the ordinary bip38. if you lose one coin, the other one is worthless. but they would look hot in a double display case and the risk to lose one coin is minimized just by store them together Smiley

also the special design of the 5yrs-comm-coin is amazing coming along with the mini-holo ... top!

and though I'm a btc-maximalist, I like the btc-eth-coin as well. two leading rival currencies harmonizing 👍🏽

once you realize your ideas, please let me know Wink

all the best

Thanks Holoxon!  And yes I have thought  the same way of losing one without the other will make it useless...but then again a normal coin when lost is lost as well.

I think in this application it would work in a scenario where two people would say deposit a certain amount of BTC and each would get one coin and then when agreed upon they meet again to redeem and reclaim said BTC.

Also I did not place a large amount of BTC as this is a novelty concept idea that I think would be different than the usual single priv key type of loaded coins.

Wow I am loving the Eth btc combo. Definitely a sick looking piece. I really want a monero one. I think we need more xmr pieces. But killer work bro. Keep it up. 💪🏼

Hi Matt thanks!  I only sprinkled a small amount of Ether just enough to make it a dual combo coin  Wink  I agree Monero coin is way underrated and will make a nice coin as well!

They all are great. My favorite is the multi bitcoin coin with 3 public and private addresses (the first one displayed of the two versions).

Thanks Steeley! Yes it is one of my favs as well...I also like the 2 holo one where if one is peeled the other is still intact...also making it the first to have a double holo on a coin!  Wink

Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
They all are great. My favorite is the multi bitcoin coin with 3 public and private addresses (the first one displayed of the two versions).
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Wow I am loving the Eth btc combo. Definitely a sick looking piece. I really want a monero one. I think we need more xmr pieces. But killer work bro. Keep it up. 💪🏼
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1242
Amazing! I have recently started producing artistic objects about bitcoins, I studied at the academy of fine arts in Italy, only recently have I shifted my artistic interest to banknotes which I find very fun to make! I've never tried to produce metal coins, I'm very passionate about it, I don't know where to start!
Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
So...continued experimenting and made the following coins....

Loaded with both Ethereum and Bitcoin.

Two coins BIP38 password protected private key.

There would be 2 coins...Coin 1 of 2 has the private BIP38 password protected private key.

Coin 2 of 2 would have the long alphanumeric password to decrypt the private key.

Thus both would be needed to sweep Bitcoin off of the coins!
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Thoae new designs are great, love the syle of your designs, they are easily identifiable
as CYPHER HODL coins without the hologram IMO.

The video adds a totally different perspective, these are seriously chunky coins
[which is great!]

There are a lot of designs so I want to aska few questions,

a.] Are these in production yet?

b.] What is the material?
I'm guessing brass but its not mentioned in the thread . . .

c.] and what are the quantities?

Hi thanks for the compliments aoluain.

These are mostly protoypes and experimentation to see if people are interested or not in newer version of a physical loaded coin...instead of the usual same cryptocurrency or same pub and priv key, I wanted to experiment and see what people thought of these.

For anyone interested they can always pm me as well        Yes it is brass and they are large 2.75 inches with 5mm thickness...so they would dwarf a Casascius in size...and the engraving is superb.

When made there will only be 21 ever made and numbers 1 and 2 will always remain in my collection...so for everyone else there will be 19 coins up for grabs so to speak.

Also each coin will come with its own NFT as follows...

https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x2953399124f0cbb46d2cbacd8a89cf0599974963/47547307638365115358100910084148609067724816525689145601576702512845000015873

Love all the new designs, especially the Monero!

Thanks ty! Appreciate it!

I also have in the works right now an Ethereum/BTC coin and also a 2 coin set BIP38 encrypted private key...but unlike the one I placed on top it will have as follows...

One coin will have the BIP38 encrypted private key under the holo and the second coin will have the password for the encrypted private key for the other coin.

So one coin cannot be redeemed without the other  Wink

I just love to come up with different ideas and versions of how to utilize and enhance physical crypto coins Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Love all the new designs, especially the Monero!
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

Continued to experiment with the following designs.....

[/b]
VIDEO OF DUAL HOLODRAM COIN IN COMPARISON TO A QUARTER

Thoae new designs are great, love the syle of your designs, they are easily identifiable
as CYPHER HODL coins without the hologram IMO.

The video adds a totally different perspective, these are seriously chunky coins
[which is great!]

There are a lot of designs so I want to aska few questions,

a.] Are these in production yet?

b.] What is the material?
I'm guessing brass but its not mentioned in the thread . . .

c.] and what are the quantities?
legendary
Wow! You just keep pushing the envelope. I love them. I really like you including monero I feel it is so underrated. Hopefully I can own one of the Quad coins. Thats just really taken it to the next level bro. Well done.

Thankyou ser....And yes I like Monero...I think that and LTC are probably the only ones I like outside of BTC. And pushing the envelope is what I love to do and will come up with some other ideas as I brainstorm away  Wink Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Wow! You just keep pushing the envelope. I love them. I really like you including monero I feel it is so underrated. Hopefully I can own one of the Quad coins. Thats just really taken it to the next level bro. Well done.
legendary

I don't go into the details of the individual designs ... but I am always delighted by your ideas and creations.
you know very well that I am "a fan/admirer of your productions" and I bought the first coin you put up for sale Grin
with these latest designs it can be clearly perceived the passion in this field, the desire to innovate and the artistic sense. it shows that you are a collector / creator of another level!
well done, keep it up!

Thanks Bitbollo....Will try to keep up with newer ideas as well.

Incredible designs congratulations, is there any possibility that some can be made of gold or silver ..?

Thanks sir....with the coins being 2.75 inches wide & 5mm thicj.....precious metal onces would be very expensive indeed.

Wow!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

LOL  thanks man

I can tell lots of work went into these Krogoth.

Interesting use of tech to create a double funded variety.

If you could mint some versions in silver I would be all over them.

Thankyou and yes lots of work...especially making sure code etc etc is accurate.

copper member
Activity: 940
Merit: 417
Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment
I can tell lots of work went into these Krogoth.

Interesting use of tech to create a double funded variety.

If you could mint some versions in silver I would be all over them.
copper member
Activity: 217
Merit: 37
HODLer of last resort
Activity: 426
Merit: 27
Incredible designs congratulations, is there any possibility that some can be made of gold or silver ..?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3485
Nec Recisa Recedit

I don't go into the details of the individual designs ... but I am always delighted by your ideas and creations.
you know very well that I am "a fan/admirer of your productions" and I bought the first coin you put up for sale Grin
with these latest designs it can be clearly perceived the passion in this field, the desire to innovate and the artistic sense. it shows that you are a collector / creator of another level!
well done, keep it up!
Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
These are all amazing

Steeley
legendary

MONERO/BITCOIN COIN

MONERO/BITCOIN/LITECOIN/DOGECOIN

Yep...I have 8 Private key water proof papers behind that holo...had to dig deep into that coin!
  Also threw in there a metamask seed for a wallet with an NFT just for kicks!

BIP38 COIN

This uses Mike Caldwells tech with BIP38 encryption...so you have the private and public key on the outside...behine the hologram is the QR code for the private key and also a 32 alphanumeric password to decrypt the encrypted private key. According to https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/ it will take billions of years to crack it. I also placed the same BIP38 paperwallet on an online digital stamp back in 2017 loaded with 0.02BTC and it has yet to be cracked! http://www.crypto-stamps.com/private3.html

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY COIN FIRST CRYPTO STAMP MAILED

This commemorative coin has two holos...in the back is the private key for loaded BTC and also the seed for a metamask wallet for the NFT for this coin.

The front has a cypher stamp hologram wallet seed for an NFT for the first crypto stamp mailed and also the first digital crypto stamp.
                     https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0x2953399124f0cbb46d2cbacd8a89cf0599974963/47547307638365115358100910084148609067724816525689145601576702520541581410305

MULTI HOLO/MULTI SHARE SHAMIRS SECRET 2/3 ONE COIN

I adjusted the front size and made larger font...hologram now filles the front nicely.

3 SEPERATE 2/3 MULTI SHARE SHAMIRS SECRET COINS

This time I made 3 shamirs secret coins with each one having its own individual share behind the hologram. So 3 coins and take 2 shares to unlock the private key in order to sweep the bitcoin.

VIDEO OF DUAL HOLODRAM COIN IN COMPARISON TO A QUARTER

legendary
Bro I’ll take any number you want to give me and stay with that number forever

Yes sir...a good number I shall give. Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 446
Merit: 65
Physical Bitcoin is the only way to stack
Bro I’ll take any number you want to give me and stay with that number forever
legendary
I’d love to have one of each of these if ever made. Number 8 or 14 would be fantastic!

Thanks for the post....will definitely keep you in mind...cheers  Cheesy

Bullion, sorry 2 unterrupt but for one of these serials a pre-emptive right pursuant to customary law already applies  Wink Grin

LOL so true...number 8 is Holoxons! Made a video of the double Holo coin...you can see how large the coin is compared to a quarter.

https://youtu.be/jPV6jCMBFwg
Pages:
Jump to: