Pages:
Author

Topic: CYPHER HODL-Experimenting with ideas for different physical bitcoin designs - page 5. (Read 2546 times)

Activity: 1211
Merit: 135
Krogothmanhattan alt account
Wow these are amazing. I hope you make all of the concepts at some point. Hopefully I can get my hands on some when they become available but I love the ideas. Very creative.

Thanks for the compliments...glad you liked..I have a few more I will be posting very soon and perhaps someday I will make them available  Wink

I’d love to have one of each of these if ever made. Number 8 or 14 would be fantastic!

Thanks for the post....will definitely keep you in mind...cheers  Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Wow these are amazing. I hope you make all of the concepts at some point. Hopefully I can get my hands on some when they become available but I love the ideas. Very creative.
copper member
Activity: 446
Merit: 65
Physical Bitcoin is the only way to stack
I’d love to have one of each of these if ever made. Number 8 or 14 would be fantastic!
I've been marinating in thought waiting to craft a reply to this.

First off, kudos on your efforts to innovate. Really love seeing new ideas brought to this space.

First off, easily the most attractive Holo in quite some time. Great job capturing it in photo.

Now the coins. I'll just be honest.

1. Litecoin - overall I dig it. Samsara did it first, do nothing groundbreaking here, except this one comes loaded, so maybe that is a first. Anyhow, I think if find the coin more attractive if the load values were related. Maybe 1 ltc and whatever the ltc/btc ratio is for the btc value at time of making the coin. I think this would be a rad way to time stamp the coin personally.

2. Doge coin. - I hate doge/memecoins. So I didn't like this coin. Then I read the quote on the rim of the obverse. Lol'd. Immediately changed my opinion. Good coin. Good design.

3. Raw transaction - no feedback, but I dig the innovation. Cool idea.

4. Multi value. Really cool, tbh, I think it would be more well executed in bar form. More space for holos/values/abstract. Nobody wants to peel, but if you're gonna do a multi value item, I'd love to see as many holos/keys as possible. Makes it a peel as you need kinda item. Good long term storage physical format for a savings brick. Like the coin, would drool over a bar.

5. Multisig - no thoughts as I am not comfortable with multisig yet, but two of those holos is twice as nice!

Keep it up krogo!!!

Thanks Ticked! Appreciate the feedback!

I am a Bitcoin Maximalist, but I feel when it comes to physical crypto collectables I had to introduce a change in elements that might be up some other collectors alleyway so to speak.

I picked Litecoin as I do see it the silver to bitcoins Godl. I even todl Charlie what quote I would be putting on the coin as homage.

And yes, the Doge coin quote is perfect for what it is of course. Very few people are aware of these quotes, so glad you pointed it out Cheesy I try and place a quote of the creators on coins as homage to them.

And I only sprinkled a minute amount of Doge as well, just enough to not worry about  Wink

Have never thought to make a bar, my holograms are 2 inches in diameter and I would think the bar would need to be a nice size to accommodate the holos.

Overall, thanks for your feedback. I have three other designs in the works as we speak which I will be posting hopefully in a week or so...depending on the mail system!

Love them. My feelings are pretty in line with Ticked's actually.
Looking at the some of the coins, is the red circled area a nod to Ravenbits?

Geo

Thanks Geo! Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

I wish I could say that, but no. The symbol came from a google search of blockchain like this one https://thenounproject.com/icon/block-chain-566220/

My initial image for my Cipher Bills was to create a hooded Satoshi Nakamoto with his arms outstretched kinda like the Jesus in Brazil.

And around his head instead of a halo, there would have been a halo of blockchain instead. And in the background would be the Bitcoin rising sun.

Well, that did not come out as I expected it, so I only showed the head instead and instead of a full halo, I placed the blockchain circuit on top of his head instead.

It made my day as it came out to be more mysterious and ominous. I did not use the halo for my trademark though, I use it on some of my items if I have room to place in there.

I will take one of ea if I can have #21 like all my other items from you are numbered Smiley

Of course bro  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I will take one of ea if I can have #21 like all my other items from you are numbered Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1244
Merit: 1075
Love them. My feelings are pretty in line with Ticked's actually.
Looking at the some of the coins, is the red circled area a nod to Ravenbits?

Geo
Activity: 1526
Merit: 473
I've been marinating in thought waiting to craft a reply to this.

First off, kudos on your efforts to innovate. Really love seeing new ideas brought to this space.

First off, easily the most attractive Holo in quite some time. Great job capturing it in photo.

Now the coins. I'll just be honest.

1. Litecoin - overall I dig it. Samsara did it first, do nothing groundbreaking here, except this one comes loaded, so maybe that is a first. Anyhow, I think if find the coin more attractive if the load values were related. Maybe 1 ltc and whatever the ltc/btc ratio is for the btc value at time of making the coin. I think this would be a rad way to time stamp the coin personally.

2. Doge coin. - I hate doge/memecoins. So I didn't like this coin. Then I read the quote on the rim of the obverse. Lol'd. Immediately changed my opinion. Good coin. Good design.

3. Raw transaction - no feedback, but I dig the innovation. Cool idea.

4. Multi value. Really cool, tbh, I think it would be more well executed in bar form. More space for holos/values/abstract. Nobody wants to peel, but if you're gonna do a multi value item, I'd love to see as many holos/keys as possible. Makes it a peel as you need kinda item. Good long term storage physical format for a savings brick. Like the coin, would drool over a bar.

5. Multisig - no thoughts as I am not comfortable with multisig yet, but two of those holos is twice as nice!

Keep it up krogo!!!
copper member
Activity: 217
Merit: 37
HODLer of last resort
These are gorgeous!!   Grin Grin Grin

Krogoth you are really at the forefront of development in this space  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
there is the one bar that was btc and eth on the same bar. And I want to say there were some dual btc/ltc coins though the name eludes me atm. will do some research - possible I am wrong as well.

Nattymind Samsara  - Which I still need to grab one; amazing coin

Krogoth - loving the work! Also excited to grab a set.

I love the dual loads and multi values. I always thought it would be neat to have a coin(s) with a basket of assets; like top 10 cryptos, or privacy coins, etc. Logistics may be a nightmare though lol; maybe some integration of a multiple link QR code?

Thankyou ser........Something to do down the line for sure. Wink

I can only say this: YES PLEASE!

I can't give you any critique if you're looking for that as I really like this!

Thanks Iced! Glad you like the designs and the concept.

Yes Monero would be nice but I have very limited experience with generating keys for Monero.

Check out https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-spesmonerujo-boron-butterfly-ended-5182081

... If you see how Phishead did the funding proofage there using the viewkeys, you can simply do the same the thing generating addresses/info offline by using a downloaded copy of https://moneroaddress.org/

source code is at: https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/monero-wallet-generator/ 

(moneromoo is a highly trusted XMR Dev) Cool

Coins are awesome btw! Smiley

Thanks my friend...appreciate it.

I always wanted a Monero wallet generator....now I know a good source. Will try it out  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Yes Monero would be nice but I have very limited experience with generating keys for Monero.

Check out https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-spesmonerujo-boron-butterfly-ended-5182081

... If you see how Phishead did the funding proofage there using the viewkeys, you can simply do the same the thing generating addresses/info offline by using a downloaded copy of https://moneroaddress.org/

source code is at: https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/monero-wallet-generator/ 

(moneromoo is a highly trusted XMR Dev) Cool

Coins are awesome btw! Smiley
Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
I can only say this: YES PLEASE!

I can't give you any critique if you're looking for that as I really like this!
Activity: 399
Merit: 122
there is the one bar that was btc and eth on the same bar. And I want to say there were some dual btc/ltc coins though the name eludes me atm. will do some research - possible I am wrong as well.

Nattymind Samsara  - Which I still need to grab one; amazing coin

Krogoth - loving the work! Also excited to grab a set.

I love the dual loads and multi values. I always thought it would be neat to have a coin(s) with a basket of assets; like top 10 cryptos, or privacy coins, etc. Logistics may be a nightmare though lol; maybe some integration of a multiple link QR code?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
They really look incredible and making them dual loaded seems like a great idea, I only remember seeing a coin with those characteristics.
As always innovating Krogo

Thankyou ser....appreciate the compliments.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
Activity: 426
Merit: 27
They really look incredible and making them dual loaded seems like a great idea, I only remember seeing a coin with those characteristics.
As always innovating Krogo
legendary
I like them all.  I really like the NFT version, where I'm assuming you'd attach an NFT to it.  I also like the Litcoin and Dogecoin versions a lot.  As we were talking about yesterday I'd love to see a Monero version of this. It would fit in perfectly with the Cypher Hodl design.  I would image that there is someone in here who would be able to help you get that set up. 

Thanks Ty...yes the NFT one will have its own NFTs inside along with the private key, so a person would need to peel the coin to be able to transfer the NFTs out from the coin to any address a person wishes or he can just leave it loaded on the coin. Yes Monero would be nice but I have very limited experience with generating keys for Monero.

These are all great and push the boundaries of what is possible with physicals .... I like them all clearly, but have a particular fondness for MULTISIG/SHAMIRS SECRET COIN WITH TWO HOLOGRAMS Smiley

Thanks ser....appreciate the kind words....I also have in mind to create a two coin one where there will be one holo on each coin but only one part of Shamirs secret on each coin. I just did it this way as I thought it would be cool to have 2 holos on one coin and it also gave birth to my coin concept as well.

Love the dual loaded coin idea - I’m sure this is unique . Has it ever been done before ?
Love the design - as usual Smiley

Thanks ser....Never seen it before...I was just experimenting with different ideas...thus the holos and the different keys etc etc etc.

One coin will allow you to share a key while keeping the other intact...while the one with three allows you to share but then expose the rest. Also to give BTC without going thru blockchain by handing a few bits via private key instead.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Love the dual loaded coin idea - I’m sure this is unique . Has it ever been done before ?
Love the design - as usual Smiley
Activity: 166
Merit: 7
These are all great and push the boundaries of what is possible with physicals .... I like them all clearly, but have a particular fondness for MULTISIG/SHAMIRS SECRET COIN WITH TWO HOLOGRAMS Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
I like them all.  I really like the NFT version, where I'm assuming you'd attach an NFT to it.  I also like the Litcoin and Dogecoin versions a lot.  As we were talking about yesterday I'd love to see a Monero version of this. It would fit in perfectly with the Cypher Hodl design.  I would image that there is someone in here who would be able to help you get that set up. 
legendary
I really like ALL the designs/concepts.

Specifically, I like a bit more the multisig/shamir coins - (as a concept not as a coin design compared to the rest)

The raw bitcoin transaction & the multi-value are innovative too!

Congratz on creating them & I am looking forward to acquiring some of those in the future

Thankyou ser...with the multi sig was going to make two coins which I will someday but I simplified in one coin instead.

Here is some good reading on Shamirs Secret Sharing in case anyone wants to know what is Shamirs Secret Sharing

https://medium.com/bitbees/shamirs-secret-sharing-or-multisig-why-not-both-ad1be6dbccff

Amazing creations you have here I love them all and hope to be able to aquire 1 of each of your amazing coins if they become available

Thankyou ser....Glad to hear a fellow physical bitcoin enthusiast liking these.

Really like all the designs. Never seen that technology before either. Is the mintage on there true 1/1. I rather see a coin we can all get. Maybe 50 mintage. That also spreads the word about your coins and allows for secondary market price increases. If theres only 1, some whale puts it in his drawer and no one ever knows about it

Thankyou...the 1/1 are prototypes as I wanted to gauge fellow collectors interest in these concepts. Some people want purely BTC coins with no alts on them
and also some just like the plain old private key formats with no complications or NFTs.

THIS Krog, with a big fat number on it for future generations to come together over.

I imagine adding your timelock to the recipe... Wow!

Thanks Sweeteye....very happy you like these concepts. I like to create new and innovative designs as it becomes more of a challenge to do these than a regular coin.

Coolest holos I've seen in a long time

Thankyou very much....The holos are based on my trademark company logo.

Wow, they are all very different and break the mould as coin designs go IMO.

I dont think anything like these have been done before?

I sense the brief for the design process was for the coins to have a "dual value",
kind of following the saying "Two sides to every coin"

Design wise I love them all, the dual hologram one is visually very different.

Thankyou ser....I believe some of these are the very first kind...and thats why I wanted to share...they have been in my thoughts for a looong time...I said it was about time to make them a reality. Just like my timelock coin was the very first coin made...so is this raw coin the first as well, just there is no timelock at all.

And yes, i like the saying 2 sides to every coin. The front of the coin I will need widen the font area as the holo has too much space around it. The holograms are 2" ini diameter.....the coins are 2.75 inches wide, so I need to make the space between the holo and the outer text area smaller just like the back. The coins are also 5 mm thick as well.

it's not a secret that I'm a big krogoth fanboy  Grin ...
I like both multi value coins best, one hologram along with wp-abstract as well as two holograms  Smiley

edit: what's the difference between cipher and cypher?

Thanks my friend!  Thats a good question....cipher or cypher...also why did I choose the name Cypher Hodl.

The preference for cipher over cypher seems to be a little greater in American English than in British English. The Corpus of Contemporary American English has just over three times as many records for cipher than it has for cypher. https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/147965/cipher-vs-cypher

So when I came to choose my trademark name I wanted to use both..Cipher and Cypher.

As to why I chose Cypher Hodl...I wanted to be mystery hodler. Cipher is used in cryptology and reading the following.....

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/what-is-a-cipher

Cipher can be a sign or a symbol, a coded message, the act of solving a math problem, or a person who is nothing, a placeholder, a mystery, or a blank slate

Liked the idea of mystery as it pertains to Satoshi...unknown. Thus the creation of the name Cypher Hodl.  Wink

Everything in my logo screams out Bitcoin!  The mysterious hooded hacker (Satoshi)....bitcoin eyes....Bitcoin sun in the background rising and also the name as well.

Pages:
Jump to: