Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money? - page 6. (Read 15542 times)

legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
April 12, 2016, 03:27:12 AM
windows miner exe

so are you claiming no one else compiled the windows miner on their own?

There is no evidence either way, so let's not speculate. Clearly when people talk about Windows builds being available for launch they are talking about compiled, since most Windows users, unlike Linux users, don't have compilers or know how to use them.

The only one I recall who explicitly reported compiling it said that it didn't work, prompting Evan to make an emergency update (I'm not referring to the guy with the compile error due to his own mistake; the other one). This too was after the launch.

So the point you Monero peddlers are trying to push is that those with the best knowledge and tools have advantage in highly competitive situations and that is a bad thing?

It wasn't a bad thing for Monero was it?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
April 12, 2016, 02:37:43 AM
windows miner exe

There is no evidence either way, so let's not speculate. Clearly when people talk about Windows builds being available for launch they are talking about compiled, since most Windows users, unlike Linux users, don't have compilers or know how to use them.

The only one I recall who explicitly reported compiling it said that it didn't work, prompting Evan to make an emergency update (I'm not referring to the guy with the compile error due to his own mistake; the other one). This too was after the launch.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2016, 02:18:16 AM
windows miner exe

it was available just not compiled, we've had this convo before smooth and you admitted i was right. did you forget?
legendary
Activity: 910
April 12, 2016, 01:21:10 AM
and some semantics will happen.
legendary
April 12, 2016, 01:20:36 AM
False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

It was available to anyone with:

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?
and windows

Wrong. Here is Evan asking someone to upload a Windows build 1 hour and 57 minutes hours after launch (followed by the launch announcement, for time reference). By that time approximately 640K coins had already been mined. Clearly the Windows build was not made available until some time even later than that, though I don't know when exactly.

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Pushed the changes to master-0.8!

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67

Also, clear out ~/.xcoin before relaunching to avoid errors!

EDIT: Here's the first Windows upload, almost 3 hours later:

Wow! Busted.. Your opponent will now proceed to split hairs.
legendary
April 12, 2016, 01:17:44 AM
False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?
and windows

Wrong. Here is Evan asking someone to upload a Windows build 1 hour and 57 minutes hours after launch (followed by the launch announcement, for time reference). By that time approximately 640K coins had already been mined. Clearly the Windows build was not made available until some time even later than that, though I don't know when exactly.

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Pushed the changes to master-0.8!

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67

Also, clear out ~/.xcoin before relaunching to avoid errors!

EDIT: Here's the first Windows upload, almost 3 hours later (that's well over a million coins mined already):

legendary
April 12, 2016, 01:13:01 AM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

But not for those using windows or were asleep or couldn't get the necessary equipment in Evan's 24 hour window--though he only needed a few of those hours to get enough to equate unfair, but my guess is he only planned for the sleep window and the rest was bonus (like the later emissions cut).
wrong, there was a windows miner released before the relaunch.
legendary
April 12, 2016, 01:11:12 AM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?
and windows
legendary
April 12, 2016, 01:10:07 AM
Damn Satoshi, that instamine scammer has millions of coins! It doesn't matter how many coins Evan mined at the start (and I for one hope he mined a very good number), someone else will end up with a greater percentage of the cap no matter how many and the same goes for Satoshi, that's just how life works, the rich get richer even if someone else gets a head start on them.

Denying that is wishful thinking, the history books prove it over and over. Maybe that's just how things should be, maybe it's a problem that needs fixing, idk, but what I do know is Dash is the only crypto capable of taking on that kind of question and developing on it.

Estimated 1 - 5% versus the Dash's insiders 33 - 50% or so...

Did you pull those numbers from the second or third shelf of your ass?

you'll have to forgive tptb as he's not very good with fud numbers it seems.
looks like he's using the monero boys trick of comparing "current supply" vs "total supply". they love to use that trick because of their highly inflationary emission rate. it makes the monero cripplemine look better.

satoshi (god bless him) probably controls 5%+ (1 million+) of the total btc supply. along with hal and a handful of others they probably have around 15-20%+ of the "total supply".
the dash instamine was say ~10% of the "total supply" and was distributed to 1000 or so early miners who dumped a lot of them as has been documented.

legendary
April 12, 2016, 12:29:36 AM
legendary
April 11, 2016, 11:05:51 PM
No, it can't be.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
April 11, 2016, 09:03:06 PM
Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink

It is not several more. The other coin also has several GUi wallets. If you mean the original/official GUI wallet, Dash got that with no development (along with 99% of its implementation) by being a Bitcoin fork. Brilliant.

Dash managed to create a rebranded Bitcoin wallet?  Wow!  Such amazing, very innovation!   Cheesy

Paycoin also had a GUI.  Look how well that's worked out for its formerly self-assured Cult of Garza bagholders.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 11, 2016, 05:02:06 PM
Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink Want to see real innovation? Read the link in the first post.

A GUI wallet does not a technology make.

Yeah more innovation such as the high school math error that was in the InstantX white paper for 1 year until I read the paper.

So, was it fixed? Do you know how many trivial errors I have found in software over the years?

So, you found a bug. Bravo. There are a lot more. There are in Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum, and in Dash. And even if zero new code arrives, there will be bugs, some of them rather trivial found for eons.

Welcome to software development.

I like to read these forums to pay attention to what is going on, but these childish whiny gripes are tiresome. "High school" even. Please stop. It adds nothing.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
April 11, 2016, 04:38:19 PM

2 Dogs fighting for 1 bone, hilarious , HAVE FUN
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
April 11, 2016, 04:15:02 PM
Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink

It is not several more. The other coin also has several GUi wallets. If you mean the original/official GUI wallet, Dash got that with no development (along with 99% of its implementation) by being a Bitcoin fork. Brilliant.

Yeah, apologies for that. I didn't mean to throw anything that way but didn't have a lot of choice, that guy lives on another planet :/ Not trying to dis anyone here, not your coin, not Bitcoin, there's plenty of room for all of them as far as I can see but discussion can get a bit derailed sometimes.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 04:11:18 PM

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
April 11, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
Building The IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread

Let's move forward.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dash-dash-building-the-iom-dash-nation-progress-thread-1433982
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
April 11, 2016, 12:45:04 PM
So I see you are another hopeless case of calling Bitcoin Core/Blockstream centralized and whatnot. Well, I wish you luck with your altcoin, meanwhile the best minds in the game are working hard in keeping the core of Bitcoin decentralized and scaling it through additional layers as any sane person intending to scale a protocol to worldwide usage would do.
In a couple of months it will be clear that anyone that didn't move their altcoins yet to Bitcoin will be up for a harsh awakening.

Who knows? Personally I hope Bitcoin has a strong position for a long time to come but if you think it's destined to be the only coin or is invulnerable to centralisation then it's time to stop drinking the coolaid, even Ripple is going to be around for a while and Etherium is likely to get very widespread adoption via the tech giants unless something better comes along soon. There's going to be more and more alts from here on out, sure, plenty of shitcoins but there's an almost limitless number of niches for them to fill. Dash is purely aiming to fill the niche of digital cash, maybe Bitcoin or some bank created contraption can do that job better, only time will tell on that score but things are looking very good for Dash at present in targeting that specific role.

Im not saying im a wizard with special powers that can see the future, im just looking at the fundamentals and at the simple facts we have today:

1) The best in the business is working on Bitcoin, and not other coins
2) Things are looking bright for Bitcoin, it's proving it can scale
3) No other coins are anywhere near Bitcoin, no other coin has lived as long as Bitcoin, no other coin has proved to scale as much as Bitcoin

Ripple is crap and ETH's blockchain is already insanely huge, they are not real competition to take Bitcoin's place. It just has not real competition at all, it's a fact.

Can your washing machine order up washing powder from your local supplier using your Bitcoin identity to charge it to your account? It can, it takes a bit of clunkyness but it's easily possible. The thing is, there will be an almost infinite number of examples like that and, as you've mentioned with Eth, trying to do that via a single system causes a ridiculous amount of bloat and at the end of the day you've got to ask yourself, do you want that from Bitcoin?

That's why niches, Bitcoin and the Lightning network might well put Dash and InstantX in second place as digital cash and if it does then my hat is off, fair play and Dash will have to find its self another niche but more likely they'll comfortably co-exist in parallel. We'll have to wait and see how that pans out but Dashes governance model is giving it a huge advantage in adaptability and it would have a very good chance of carving out a niche elsewhere. Governance is something Bitcoin really needs to catch up on fast, innovations are going to be coming thick and fast from all angles and it'll become a much more competitive environment before there's any sign of that settling down.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 11, 2016, 12:34:12 PM
So I see you are another hopeless case of calling Bitcoin Core/Blockstream centralized and whatnot. Well, I wish you luck with your altcoin, meanwhile the best minds in the game are working hard in keeping the core of Bitcoin decentralized and scaling it through additional layers as any sane person intending to scale a protocol to worldwide usage would do.
In a couple of months it will be clear that anyone that didn't move their altcoins yet to Bitcoin will be up for a harsh awakening.

Who knows? Personally I hope Bitcoin has a strong position for a long time to come but if you think it's destined to be the only coin or is invulnerable to centralisation then it's time to stop drinking the coolaid, even Ripple is going to be around for a while and Etherium is likely to get very widespread adoption via the tech giants unless something better comes along soon. There's going to be more and more alts from here on out, sure, plenty of shitcoins but there's an almost limitless number of niches for them to fill. Dash is purely aiming to fill the niche of digital cash, maybe Bitcoin or some bank created contraption can do that job better, only time will tell on that score but things are looking very good for Dash at present in targeting that specific role.

Im not saying im a wizard with special powers that can see the future, im just looking at the fundamentals and at the simple facts we have today:

1) The best in the business is working on Bitcoin, and not other coins
2) Things are looking bright for Bitcoin, it's proving it can scale
3) No other coins are anywhere near Bitcoin, no other coin has lived as long as Bitcoin, no other coin has proved to scale as much as Bitcoin

Ripple is crap and ETH's blockchain is already insanely huge, they are not real competition to take Bitcoin's place. It just has not real competition at all, it's a fact.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 11, 2016, 12:31:12 PM

In all likelihood, given both coins are launched with similar mining interest, which coin has the better distribution?

What coins are you comparing exactly? Because you just generalized again...

I guess you could call comparing like things to arrive at a logical most likely conclusion a generalization, then you can go on say people using math are generalizing.

You are generalizing this variable:

- similar mining interest

It's easy to miss variables I know... if you eliminate all the specifics the conclusion is obvious

I stipulated that above--after I realized you couldn't fill in the blanks for yourself.

No kid, you've been filling all the blanks to support your argument, but it was fun  Smiley

Keep it up.

Sorry, I assume people know more than they do and don't need their hands held through the process. I'll be sure to remember that you need every little detail spelled out for you.

It's really quite funny the things you miss. Keep it up  Wink

Can you elaborate or is this turning into a pointless back and forth with minimal content and maximum antagonism? IE. trolling.
Pages:
Jump to: