Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money? - page 7. (Read 15542 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
April 11, 2016, 12:29:10 PM
So I see you are another hopeless case of calling Bitcoin Core/Blockstream centralized and whatnot. Well, I wish you luck with your altcoin, meanwhile the best minds in the game are working hard in keeping the core of Bitcoin decentralized and scaling it through additional layers as any sane person intending to scale a protocol to worldwide usage would do.
In a couple of months it will be clear that anyone that didn't move their altcoins yet to Bitcoin will be up for a harsh awakening.

Who knows? Personally I hope Bitcoin has a strong position for a long time to come but if you think it's destined to be the only coin or is invulnerable to centralisation then it's time to stop drinking the coolaid, even Ripple is going to be around for a while and Etherium is likely to get very widespread adoption via the tech giants unless something better comes along soon. There's going to be more and more alts from here on out, sure, plenty of shitcoins but there's an almost limitless number of niches for them to fill. Dash is purely aiming to fill the niche of digital cash, maybe Bitcoin or some bank created contraption can do that job better, only time will tell on that score but things are looking very good for Dash at present in targeting that specific role.
legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
April 11, 2016, 12:24:23 PM

In all likelihood, given both coins are launched with similar mining interest, which coin has the better distribution?

What coins are you comparing exactly? Because you just generalized again...

I guess you could call comparing like things to arrive at a logical most likely conclusion a generalization, then you can go on say people using math are generalizing.

You are generalizing this variable:

- similar mining interest

It's easy to miss variables I know... if you eliminate all the specifics the conclusion is obvious

I stipulated that above--after I realized you couldn't fill in the blanks for yourself.

No kid, you've been filling all the blanks to support your argument, but it was fun  Smiley

Keep it up.

Sorry, I assume people know more than they do and don't need their hands held through the process. I'll be sure to remember that you need every little detail spelled out for you.

It's really quite funny the things you miss. Keep it up  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 11, 2016, 12:21:29 PM

In all likelihood, given both coins are launched with similar mining interest, which coin has the better distribution?

I guess you could call comparing like things to arrive at a logical most likely conclusion a generalization, then you can go on say people using math are generalizing.

It's easy to miss variables I know... if you eliminate all the specifics the conclusion is obvious

I stipulated that above--after I realized you couldn't fill in the blanks for yourself.

No kid, you've been filling all the blanks to support your argument, but it was fun  Smiley

Keep it up.

Sorry, I assume people know more than they do and don't need their hands held through the process. I'll be sure to remember that you need every little detail spelled out for you.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:16:47 PM

Keep it up.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 11, 2016, 12:15:31 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

Bitcoin devs can't even agree on a simple block size solution.

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

let me know when you wake up from your dream.

Maybe because the solution is not simple?
The Core devs have already proved that segwit works:

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

I wish Dash nothing but the best, but those people saying how Bitcoin is dead and it can't scale hoping that some altcoin will take its place are nothing but delusional.
Bitcoin is scaling, Bitcoin will get more private, those are facts. You just can't say shit about scaling when alts don't even have to face that problem because they are tiny. If some alt gets as big as Bitcoin it's going to be fun seeing them struggle with scaling. It's easy to talk on the sidelines.

There is truth in what you are saying but lets just see what the Bitcoin halving will do with regards to its mining activities, its transaction confirmations and longterm how decentralised it will stay as a whole.
Those are currently my main concerns with regards to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's possibly semi-centralized and privately funded attempts to scale notwithstanding, the points I made in the OP stand. Bitcoin, through centralized funding sources, will not be able to innovate and adjust as fast as Dash's decentralized funding and governance model. Over time we will start to see the advantages add up. When you introduce centralization to a decentralized currency, it's a recipe for disaster, if you care about that. Dash is decentralized from top to bottom, it is a priority for us, and that is a model that will provide the cohesiveness and the flexibility to overtake the market leader, and lay claim to the title of Internet Of Money.

So I see you are another hopeless case of calling Bitcoin Core/Blockstream centralized and whatnot. Well, I wish you luck with your altcoin, meanwhile the best minds in the game are working hard in keeping the core of Bitcoin decentralized and scaling it through additional layers as any sane person intending to scale a protocol to worldwide usage would do.
In a couple of months it will be clear that anyone that didn't move their altcoins yet to Bitcoin will be up for a harsh awakening.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:15:23 PM
Sure. So what coin(s) do you recommend based on your superior requirements?

What is your goal?

1. Short-term profits: gambling or P&D?
2. Long-term profits?
3. Ideological investment to support crypto-currency adoption?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer.
2. Bitcoin (maybe Monero, but I would prefer Bitcoin yet Monero has greater potential long-term upside)
3. IMO and AFAICS, no realistic choice yet available, other than Bitcoin ecosystem investments

Fair enough. I just don't get why you picked Monero for #2 (along with BTC) knowing that it started as a #1. Can you specify your reasoning?

Bitcoin has 100 times more adoption (don't compare by market cap) given by transaction fees and equivalent power consumption for hashrate than any altcoin. So it currently has the only realistic chance of furthering crypto-currency adoption. Any other coin would have to grow 100 times before it is even making any improvement. 100 times adoption growth is extremely unrealistic.

Thus Bitcoin is the most stable for long-term growth and the most liquid. Bitcoin could possibly fall apart with the block size scaling problems, but I assume this will get resolved with increasing centralization and/or rising transaction fees.

Monero has the best of breed privacy that no other coin can touch. They are implementing RingCT which combined with Cryptonote will hide values, sender, and recipient. This is all End-to-End principled, so Dash is just a nonsense toy compared to Monero w.r.t. to anonymity (notwithstanding many other technical and economic flaws in Dash). Monero has a real cryptographer who is expert in algebraic geometric and other abstract math. Dash doesn't have this. There is no other coin out there with a realistic technology that actually works. Ethereum, List, Iota, MaidSafe, Sia, Storj, Synereo, etc are all flawed and won't work.

There is only one non-bullshit coin with innovation. Monero. Period.

Thats specific thanks.

Just one more question you are confident Monero has all the monetary and performance specs needed to please the market in the future?
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:14:49 PM

But now revisiting the question, I would go through all the coins and rate them on fairness factoring emission time, software available to miners and emission rate. Though sites exist with this info if you're willing to search.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:13:00 PM

legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:12:37 PM
Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink Want to see real innovation? Read the link in the first post.

OMG A GUI! What coin doesn't have one of those? Even the coin you're trying to slam has one--though the developers have wisely adopted the strategy of building the coin to exact specifications before offering an official version. Some developers try and build the thing before they sell the thing--less rationalizing by the community of how great it will be (when it's fixed, err finished), and more observance of what the coin is today, as it stands, without the haze of BS.
April 11, 2016, 12:11:34 PM
Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink Want to see real innovation? Read the link in the first post.

A GUI wallet does not a technology make.

Whatever, piss poor technology without one and piss poor devs that spend 2 years trying to make one but that beats the crap out of the pace of development of your own coin all the same Wink

But anyway, wtf does that have to do with Dash and the future internet of money?
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 11, 2016, 12:08:50 PM

A GUI wallet does not a technology make.

Yeah more innovation such as the high school math error that was in the InstantX white paper for 1 year until I read the paper.
April 11, 2016, 12:07:36 PM
April 11, 2016, 12:03:05 PM

What is your goal?

2. Long-term profits?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer.
2. Bitcoin (maybe Monero, but I would prefer Bitcoin yet Monero has greater potential long-term upside)
3. IMO and AFAICS, no realistic choice yet available, other than Bitcoin ecosystem investments

Fair enough. I just don't get why you picked Monero for #2 (along with BTC) knowing that it started as a #1. Can you specify your reasoning?

Bitcoin has 100 times more adoption (don't compare by market cap) given by transaction fees and equivalent power consumption for hashrate than any altcoin. So it currently has the only realistic chance of furthering crypto-currency adoption. Any other coin would have to grow 100 times before it is even making any improvement. 100 times adoption growth is extremely unrealistic.

Thus Bitcoin is the most stable for long-term growth and the most liquid. Bitcoin could possibly fall apart with the block size scaling problems, but I assume this will get resolved with increasing centralization and/or rising transaction fees.

Monero has the best of breed privacy that no other coin can touch. They are implementing RingCT which combined with Cryptonote will hide values, sender, and recipient. This is all End-to-End principled, so Dash is just a nonsense toy compared to Monero w.r.t. to anonymity (notwithstanding many other technical and economic flaws in Dash). Monero has a real cryptographer who is expert in algebraic geometric and other abstract math. Dash doesn't have this. There is no other coin out there with a realistic technology that actually works. Ethereum, List, Iota, MaidSafe, Sia, Storj, Synereo, etc are all flawed and won't work.

There is only one non-bullshit coin with innovation. Monero. Period.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:01:31 PM

Dash versus a dash clone would be the best (most fair) comparison, though why anyone would want a clone of a badly designed coin is beyond me.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 11:52:47 AM

What is your goal?

2. Long-term profits?

Answers:

legendary
April 11, 2016, 11:48:38 AM

April 11, 2016, 11:46:21 AM

What is your goal?

2. Long-term profits?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer with a good technobabble story.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 11:44:09 AM

That's incorrect. What I'm saying is that due to the circumstances of the instamine, who can tell? Assuming that the dash numbers are all separate miners is absurd, but it's the only way you could assert that dash has an equal to, or greater than, distribution as Bitcoin in the first year--not that that in itself makes dash well distributed (many hate Satoshi's % and will point to that as to why BTC hasn't seen mass adoption).

That's correct, who can tell?

Distribution cannot be asserted with confidence in any cryptocurrency and so cannot be used as a negative when making "legitimacy" comparisons. It's really simple.

Edit: Except in the case of bitcoin, just a handfull of "known" people

Ah, but it can be used to make negative claims for legitimacy. It's really simple, let me dumb it down for you.

Coin A's distribution is 10% of total supply over a year's period.

Coin B's distribution is 10% of total supply over a day's period.

Now, what's really funny is that the argument for dash's redistribution is that the coin was cheap and no one wanted it on the exchanges--making the likelihood that there were very few miners more likely.

Thanks, brainshutdown, I wouldn't have noticed that logic-fail without your help.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 11:33:38 AM

Distribution cannot be asserted with confidence in any cryptocurrency and so cannot be used as a negative when making "legitimacy" comparisons. It's really simple.

Your BrainShutdown:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14501341

It is becoming clear that Dash is the coin for the batshit insane, the retarded, and the incapable.

And you have credentials to back this up I guess...
April 11, 2016, 11:31:32 AM

Your BrainShutdown:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14501341

It is becoming clear that Dash is the coin for the batshit insane, the retarded, and the incapable.
Pages:
Jump to: