Pages:
Author

Topic: Dec 11 to Jan 11 Sidehack Compac Stick pool club latest setup. - page 12. (Read 17133 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Quick question Phil. Everytime we start a new month, all donation will be reset to 0 ?
yes

the shares drop off every thirty days. so if you had 1000 shares  on dec 10  they do not carry over to  dec 11-jan 11
zOU
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
★ these are stars ★
I forgot to update the spreadsheet today, i'll do it tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Quick question Phil. Everytime we start a new month, all donation will be reset to 0 ?
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
legendary
Part of the game is being able to thread water while waiting for a price run up.

Then cashing coins during the run up.

We will have another run up from now til the having.
Activity: 672
Just noticed difficulty has gone up from 79.1B to 93.4B.

Thats 18% rise in last 2 weeks, about 30% in last 4 weeks Shocked.

Hopefully it's balanced now and won't spike like that anytime soon!

I think it'll keep increasing for the next few months while new hardware is going online. God only knows what it'll be in 1, 2, 3 or even 6 months time, what I do know is that home mining is now pretty much finished for most people.... What a damn shame, I'm sure this wasn't how things were meant to be.

It probably was never meant to be mined on a mass scale..
But it is hard to tell the future..
It could end up being 2k by halving and 150B and still make a dollar.
I'll keep saying my prays to the Bitcoin gods to make things possible
Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

I think it'll keep increasing for the next few months while new hardware is going online. God only knows what it'll be in 1, 2, 3 or even 6 months time, what I do know is that home mining is now pretty much finished for most people.... What a damn shame, I'm sure this wasn't how things were meant to be.

I don't think asics were ever intended, hell gpu farms for that matter.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Just adjust VCORE on the new sticks and make sure your hub can handle 4.

Thanks for the info, but I was wondering about the pool. Do I have to set the other 3 sticks to donation or can they all mine under my single worker?

you can use the one address.

part a money is always 1 part per forum member------ one, stick 100 sticks or  1 stick and 5 s-7's  just has to be at least a stick.

part b money is  (every share you mine)/(every share we all mine)

The stick and the donation  were done early like 70 days ago  we made a few changes in prizes and to keep the list easy for crytpoglance we just let it stay.

Thanks. All sticks running nicely at 350 MHz...now let's see how they last.
legendary

legendary

Thanks for the info, but I was wondering about the pool. Do I have to set the other 3 sticks to donation or can they all mine under my single worker?

you can use the one address.

part a money is always 1 part per forum member------ one, stick 100 sticks or  1 stick and 5 s-7's  just has to be at least a stick.

part b money is  (every share you mine)/(every share we all mine)

The stick and the donation  were done early like 70 days ago  we made a few changes in prizes and to keep the list easy for crytpoglance we just let it stay.

I would say put it under your donation due to you wont get anymore btc over one stick
But for donation goes off shares so that is where I would put it

zOU
Activity: 728
★ these are stars ★
Woohoo, just got three more sticks! I had my one running at 350 for the past week or so with no issues, looking forward to seeing what 4 will do!

I do not need to change anything if they are all Compacs, do I?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
My stick was down ... rebooted and forgot to restart it (failed)

Also the stick of TheRock is down, I told him. He'll get it back up when he have the time.

Herb
legendary
I've just changed my miners to EU server Smiley.

EDIT: Scrap that, our pool stats dont work with the new servers, changing back to the old one (solo.ckpool.org).
I wouldn't put anything in place depending on the new server just yet. It's only in testing phase now to see how popular it is.

Ok buddy no worries, I did change my sticks to mine the new Germany server because its closer to me being in the UK but looks like the stats for this pool are only registering addresses starting with solo.ckpool so I changed it back. If it changes in the future to recognise the new servers I'll mine on the German (EU) one again Smiley.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/

EDIT: Scrap that, our pool stats dont work with the new servers, changing back to the old one (solo.ckpool.org).
I wouldn't put anything in place depending on the new server just yet. It's only in testing phase now to see how popular it is.
legendary
If any of you didnt know -ck has added 2 new servers to solo mine at (China for Asia-Pacific region and Germany for Europe):

New mining nodes open for testing then. Please check your ping times to decide where to mine.

http://hk.ckpool.org, point miners to stratum+tcp://hk.ckpool.org:3333 and hk.ckpool.org:443 China for Asia-Pacific region

http://de.ckpool.org, point miners to stratum+tcp://de.ckpool.org:3333 Germany for Europe

Both of these nodes are both IPV4 and IPV6 as solo is. Note these are discrete nodes in their own right and share no data between them so you could even set them up as 2 extra failovers.

We'll see how their popularity pans out before I decide on whether to maintain these long term as well.

Enjoy!

Pages:
Jump to: