Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralised-Liquidity Exchange -- 'D-L-Ex' - page 32. (Read 63120 times)

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

D L Ex: Proud sponsors of Uno's Sydney node

Will buy 100 Uno at the going rate.

$54 is too low a 24-hr. trading-volume. So I'll use a little of my Doge-trading Bitcoin to buy some Uno, and sell a matching amount of Uno.

IMZ
legendary
Here's the bets for Xmas Day Btc price, over on Tux's troll box -- I put B.N. in.

indiamikezulu 840/ rat 995/ bitcoin national 650/ miniteef 770/ bitpython 830
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
straight from the Libertarian good-government Christmas list
good read

now 4
doom and gloom
camp fire CW seems to be:
"prepared for stock, bond and housing bubbles bursting along with precious metals, food and basic consumer goods to skyrocket"

i really like the bObs concept in transacting in crypto (1st) and redeem for coin (2nd)
these local node economies can interact via the crypto element, the reserve is obviously the physical on hold.

that is dynamite

9 chicks 'love 32 math'
but calling a bird the size of a turkey a 'chick' gives me pause Wink

IMZ
legendary
Rubino is always worth reading:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article57253.html
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Will buy 100 Uno at the going rate.

(It will take months, guys; but eventually the kitty will be large enough to drive substantial trading.)

And watch the Italian constitutional referendum: Number One, Brexit; Number Two, Trump; Number Three, Italy
IMZ
legendary
A guy in Poland has a DASH/BTC ATM in his bakery: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.123660
IMZ
legendary
Uno price up on C-Cex
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Morning, B.N. Less formal this morning: I hang in the troll box on Tux. There, 'Miniteef' reckons $770 on Xmas Day. I'll put your guess up over there. Let's get the guesses of others.

And: '[Yellen] also signalled the need for the FOMC to avoid delaying rate increases for too long, as “it could end up having to tighten policy relatively abruptly” in the future if the economy began to overheat.' [my italics]

I laughed out loud: 'if the [U.S.] economy began to overheat'? -- like what? if Martians flying a flame-thrower the size of the moon target it?

And: I have enough Bitcoin in kitty to buy 100 Uno at the going rate.

And: http://imgur.com/a/Nrzly  It's Eric and nine chicks
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

List of Weirdnesses That Will Drive Up Crypto Prices:

the impact of Trump’s election – certainly the Inauguration-Day protests
the Italian Constitutional referendum
whatever’s goin’ on with Monte dei Pasche
Chinese yuan devaluation (folks wanting to ‘exit’ the yuan)
segwit? (Have I got this right? Is it a positive influence?)
Indian cash ban
other war-on-cash stuff (Sweden, and Australia’s Citi Bank)
various elections in Europe

Who wants to guess Bitcoin's price on Christmas morning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/11/17/yellen-steams-ahead-with-fed-rate-rise-but-concerns-mount-on-dol/

i'll guess $650 btc on Boxing Day

i'm bearish btc has ignored testing bottom but can't crack the top, and has 3.5 years before a half on the daily inflation, but the Wierdnesses listed above could bump it to the next level.

IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

List of Weirdnesses That Will Drive Up Crypto Prices:

the impact of Trump’s election – certainly the Inauguration-Day protests
the Italian Constitutional referendum
whatever’s goin’ on with Monte dei Pasche
Chinese yuan devaluation (folks wanting to ‘exit’ the yuan)
segwit? (Have I got this right? Is it a positive influence?)
Indian cash ban
other war-on-cash stuff (Sweden, and Australia’s Citi Bank)
various elections in Europe

Who wants to guess Bitcoin's price on Christmas morning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/11/17/yellen-steams-ahead-with-fed-rate-rise-but-concerns-mount-on-dol/
IMZ
legendary
' . . . It has effectively put on hold an entire society’s means of exchange, without which it is impossible to procure essential goods and services like food, medicine and transport.'

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/currency-demonetisation-why-india-s-poor-will-no-longer-believe-the-news/story-ZoCRmeRgC8WTrRlKvs5wYI.html
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Still wigglin' about, trying to get more Bitcoin in stock (to buy 100s of Uno with). The split on C-Cex -- .0003-.00024 -- is a worry. Will try to put a pinch of volume there.

And: there is a surprising number of articles about the shenanigans in India.
legendary
'Bank of Bobs'
really a brilliant concept
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

And D L Ex OTC Ag: We've been muckin' about with this little development project for over two years, guys. Check this site:

http://www.australian-coins.com/silver-calculator/australian-silver-coin-values/  

We run a 'Bank of Bobs,' for which we use . . . bobs: old Australian shillings, with a known $-value of silver. The shillings are worth $2AU each, and we buy and sell eggs and fruit and groceries. And Uno. And other cryptos.

I will be steadily picking up both things like 1-oz. bars of Ag and 10-oz.-ers, and these will be our stock for P2P trades in Perth and here in the South West of W.A.

http://imgur.com/a/cMTrF   The gold coin in the photo is .25-oz. Au
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

And today's D L Ex post is bought to you by Winston the Tortoise: http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/03/combined-wealth-world.html

[W. The T. says, 'Rise up! Throw off your chains!]
IMZ
legendary

Three: one general principle: anti-pump-n-dump: we’ve learned that communities only pay lip service to the notion of stability. Now, you can’t support a crypto’s price; but you can sell hard on the spikes, then buy back in later; and we can figure out some other measures. But:

with the right practices in place, a coin -- a 'crypto commodity' -- with a relatively low market cap could have enough volume to function as a far far ‘larger’ coin. Watch this space!

What and how the you plan to implement and put the "right practices in place" and enforce this. The strategy of pumping and dumping is as old as when the early markets were created. Maybe we should all accept that it is part of the nature of the markets because its participants are sometimes irrational.

Hey, bbc.reporter!

For example, the dexchanges are a whole new ball game. We wanna lend support to those.

And a focus on OTC, which also reduces market volatility: https://vinnylingham.com/the-1-dont-use-bitcoin-exchanges-ff019774d886#.fixgvlr8b

Note also that Uno's technical specs are a relevant factor (which is why we undertook this project).

Note note also also: the 'practices in place' relate, not to pump-and-dumps, but to providing 'high-volume-coin' liquidity to a crypto with a tendency to low volume.

EDIT: And promoting currency function! That reduces volatility.

And trade in bullion, which reduces the problem of the Uno/Btc bottleneck, thereby reducing volatility.

How do you think you can achieve lower volatility only by promoting the function of a cryptocoin, and in your case UNO? Liquidity and volume provided by traders and market makers are two key factors that would help but it is not the only answer. Bitcoin have shown us this.

' . . . achieve lower volatility only by promoting the function of a cryptocoin . . . ' -- ?

Everyone who is here, b.r., knows why they're here. We clarified these theoretical points, in some cases, three years ago.

If you'd like to work up some rep trading OTC here, you are most welcome. Otherwise, please do excuse me replying to further posts.

Mark

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

Three: one general principle: anti-pump-n-dump: we’ve learned that communities only pay lip service to the notion of stability. Now, you can’t support a crypto’s price; but you can sell hard on the spikes, then buy back in later; and we can figure out some other measures. But:

with the right practices in place, a coin -- a 'crypto commodity' -- with a relatively low market cap could have enough volume to function as a far far ‘larger’ coin. Watch this space!

What and how the you plan to implement and put the "right practices in place" and enforce this. The strategy of pumping and dumping is as old as when the early markets were created. Maybe we should all accept that it is part of the nature of the markets because its participants are sometimes irrational.

Hey, bbc.reporter!

For example, the dexchanges are a whole new ball game. We wanna lend support to those.

And a focus on OTC, which also reduces market volatility: https://vinnylingham.com/the-1-dont-use-bitcoin-exchanges-ff019774d886#.fixgvlr8b

Note also that Uno's technical specs are a relevant factor (which is why we undertook this project).

Note note also also: the 'practices in place' relate, not to pump-and-dumps, but to providing 'high-volume-coin' liquidity to a crypto with a tendency to low volume.

EDIT: And promoting currency function! That reduces volatility.

And trade in bullion, which reduces the problem of the Uno/Btc bottleneck, thereby reducing volatility.

How do you think you can achieve lower volatility only by promoting the function of a cryptocoin, and in your case UNO? Liquidity and volume provided by traders and market makers are two key factors that would help but it is not the only answer. Bitcoin have shown us this.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460

Pages:
Jump to: