Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralised-Liquidity Exchange -- 'D-L-Ex' - page 35. (Read 63120 times)

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

D L Ex: Proud sponsors of Uno's Sydney node

Trade ABC123: will sell 100 Uno for 0.281 Btc (0.00281 per)

Yes, B.N., we should get a(nother) website of our own down the track.

EDIT:

Patiently studying and theorising this ‘money’ stuff has been a joy of our crypto-geeking. So, anyway . . . remember how Zimbabwe’s currency went mad a few years ago, and had to be put down? Well . . . :

http://www.herald.co.zw/bond-notes-to-be-released-gradually/

Note that the article mentions that ‘a critical characteristic of money’ is . . . scarcity. (I wish we’d thought of that!!)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Spoet is calling the coin release @ 7,000.
No ref. links. [but guesstamate ok-ish] ... still would like researched/verifiable numbers.

#100-ish is UNO ... it flirts with over taking MC of ... MEC and has passed ZET ...finally ... because of fundamentals ... inflation rate/network security ... it will continue to work its way up the food chain.  

What is the point?
Solid data to back claims.
[we might need a website of our own in 8 months]

*Spoet https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16706702
legendary
sidegate;

Singapore or Hong Kong or Bangkok or Bali will facilitate fiat/btc.
Everything else is accounting on a blockchain.

participants can settle as they please.

CORE point is even the unfaithful will likely have confidence in a basket of $/cny demarked credit units that they can redeem if needed.

Business is already conducted on a database means, hell checking accounts are basically this and +100 years old, crypto is just a pure public version of this, yet unmatured and emerging.

In the mean time ... the vision is for small/medium businesses to exchange 'cryptos' for goods and services ... middlemen/brokers will uphold market value.
IMZ
legendary
Friday Food for Thought. Your opinions, please.

‘We don’t care what you do with these ‘cryptos’ unless you turn them into money.’
Condescending Australian Government employee in 2013.

We all remember our hopes of rapid mass adoption of cryptos. Okay: happening, but slower. The KYC-AML model has gathered pace quicker. For three years I’ve been trying to get an Australian bullion dealer to directly accept cryptos. No go.

So . . . . . . gonna:

One: assure anyone who makes it to Perth or Krypto HQ here that we hold cryptos and bullion (10-oz. Ag is optimal), and we’ll trade them: ‘IMZ Bullion OTC’ is born!

Two: gonna let the bullion dealers puddle along on their own until the penny drops.

Three: even hold off on accepting cryptos for Ian’s computer business, and just concentrate on ‘general devving’ like the D L Ex. Why? Same reason as bullion: the time spent wrasslin’ with the regulations empowers folks who are anti-crypto. The exception will be if we can strong-arm Lonely Highway Delivery Guy – aka my postal contractor – to accept Uno for groceries, thus making a tiny but real ‘trading loop.’ I will bear, again, the small financial losses that ensure the project goes smoothly for L.H.D.G.

And lastly: pour our effort into D L Ex:

about 250 Uno in 'stock' at low low prices: Btc? Doge?  (Gotta work up a swag of Btc to buy Uno with!)
IMZ
legendary
@ RDD and BN: ta for that input. Puts my heart at ease.

Note that the discussion of our 'suite of trading cryptos' is permanently open. (I am not in charge.) This wisdom came up in a discussion elsewhere:

'Doge .. then more Doge then more Doge ... UNO could be the tail that wags the Dog ... and Doge wags the LTC ... which is SShina!!!!'

I have enough Doge in kitty to facilitate trades for Uno.

Back later.
legendary
Spoetnik is 'Alt Dis Cuss'.
Far as I can tell his mind works like this:

if NOT BTC;
then = 'shitcoin';
Activity: 272
Merit: 251
Spoetnik is a complete clown. Ignore anything this person says, they absolutely should not be trusted in ANY sort of DLEx trading here.
IMZ
legendary
I'm here, B.N. Assumed that the post was accidental. (Had a good look at the member's post history.)

Ian and Sabretooth and I have discussed at great length what makes a crypto valuable (short- and long-term), how development could/should be funded, and a bunch of related stuff. We've been right beside you guys since mid-2013, huddled with you under the shower of shitecoins that's been raining down.

Lookin' forward to: figurin' out, patiently and politely, what 'suite' of cryptos is gonna suit the 'suite' of crypto geeks who 'are' D L Ex.

Recall Un-Ex's fabulous slogan: I am not in charge.
legendary
I avoided looking at ANY comment on this..
I have a question..
How many ICO coins were made ?

would guess 42 have pumped above $1M
(for assets/tokens)

for coins ... NXT / XRP / DASH / ETH / LSK could be considered an ICO 'coins'

round number : 50 projects so far
source: http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

I will predict that the 'crypto scene' cycles thur another boom of ICO GGGgggrabage just like the bitcoin clones era (which is more-less over).  We already did round 1 ... see SWARM GEMZ NAUT MAID.  The DAO has fire started round2.

What will remain after that is likely a protocol for vetting ICO.  Aka creditable platforms and processes.

'D-L-Ex' in my opinion ought shy away from playing with fire.
But IMZ may have differing point of view Wink
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I avoided looking at ANY comment on this..
I have a question..
How many ICO coins were made ?
IMZ
legendary
Ta for that, RDD. I just got an email from Living Room of Satoshi. We have three Oz companies that have 'Bpay'* to try. Watch this space.

*'Bpay' is sooo common here, guys: a company gets a Bpay 'biller code,' and you can more easily pay their bills from your Internet fiat-banking account. L.R.o.S. allows no-account-necessary payment of fiat amounts with Bitcoin and DASH. It's one reason I wanna trial DASH.

Activity: 272
Merit: 251
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Bullion<>crypto? So frustrating! Bullion dealers would accept Bitcoin et al. if the regulations weren't onerous. And P2P? It seems that crypto geeks dig bullion, but bullion bugs don't dig cryptos.

(Bullionstar in Singapore accepts Bitcoin. Gonna say hello to them.)

Meanwhile, I will accrue some Ag for possible trades with fellow Australians, even if only for physical meetups.

And: we're watching how the Zcash launch might send things a little wonky for a few days.

Jmbullion and providentmetals both accept and prefer Bitcoin. ( I haven't actually checked their international shipping policy though) I use providentmetals often. I used to use Amagimetals with Bitcoin, out of Colorado, until the company switched hands.

Well, you could call Provident but I guess their international shipping had only really extended to Canada. JMBullion don't ship outside the US it appears.

AmagiMetals of Colorado was one of the first, largest accounts of BitPay, selling millions in bullion for Bitcoin. They've been bought by a company called Anthem Vault.
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Bullion<>crypto? So frustrating! Bullion dealers would accept Bitcoin et al. if the regulations weren't onerous. And P2P? It seems that crypto geeks dig bullion, but bullion bugs don't dig cryptos.

(Bullionstar in Singapore accepts Bitcoin. Gonna say hello to them.)

Meanwhile, I will accrue some Ag for possible trades with fellow Australians, even if only for physical meetups.

And: we're watching how the Zcash launch might send things a little wonky for a few days.
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Suddenly, there's a lot going on. I want to check if some Australian DASH guys want to trade goods for cryptos.

Also spoke to Clive at City Gold bullion dealers, about whether his mob still accepts Bitcoin: no; but he gave me some information and ideas.

And used some Doge-Btc trading-profit to put up some Uno buy-support on Cryptopia.
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Trade ABC123: will sell 100 Uno for 0.281 Btc (0.00281 per) and there's another 100 availabe for 0.291 per. Liberate these Uno! Give them a good home.

We live for volume.

EDIT: we are now DASH-capable (but I still gotta lotta learnin' to do . . . ).
IMZ
legendary
Nice, B.N. -- I appreciated the time-frame: 18 months.

'So that sets-up SDR or BRICS as the new reserve class.' I spoke at length last Sunday to a financial manager who thinks even the SDR will go belly up.
legendary
poly-ticks;
Nationalism is what is on the Horizon.

forex wars;
They will crushes more minor currencies to maintain value.     

JPY or EURO bonds are the triggers.

China will unwind fast, Russia has null in the game.  They will be by standers.

So that sets-up SDR or BRICS as the new reserve class.

And about 18 months to play it out  Wink Wink
IMZ
legendary
Any U.S. folks wanna offer cool-headed thoughts on what might follow the election?

Any Eurozone folks wanna offer cool-headed thoughts on the Italian constitutional referendum?

Just a couple of years ago, it was looney to talk about the Eurozone/Euro currency collapsing. Now it's not.

From now to Christmas -- we all know that Christmas has brought us several lifts in crypto prices -- will be soooo interesting.

[And has anyone been doin' the arithmetic on Zcash's 'market cap' upon debut? The crazy 'ZEC' futures market on BitMEX went to 0.24 Btc per Zcash, so let's see if capital starts sloshin' around the place after the launch on the 28th!)
IMZ
legendary
Uno-Ag Price-Tracker

Trade ABC123: will sell 100 Uno for 0.281 Btc (0.00281 per) and there's another 100 availabe for 0.291 per.

Gonna try to wrassle some Bitcoin out of my Doge trading, to buy [EDIT: more] Uno.
Pages:
Jump to: