Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 4. (Read 6856 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 08, 2015, 10:45:35 AM
Yes. It is still in it's infancy compared to 100-200-300 year old currency.
Let it mature then it will be appealing enough for everybody to use in their daily lives.
The developers have already made it easy enough to just swipe and go using apps. So the simplicity is there.
Now just need more of the major players to adopt it in their corporate plans then it will be all good in the eyes of world.
There is nothing to be matured about it. It's already useable.

We only need more startups, and more demand in forms of customers and members.

Bitcoin membership should really go exponential by this time, following natural growth laws.

I`m waiting for the forum to double in new members daily, that'd be the day.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
November 08, 2015, 10:42:21 AM
Bitcoin Foundation, the Developers, or even this forum could organized promotion/marketing campaigns for it.

That would imply that the Bitcoin Foundation is even useful to the community anymore. As far as I'm concerned, they're basically corrupt. One of their board members stated that they were effectively bankrupt at one point and had almost gone bankrupt before that. I don't think we should rely on a foundation known for frivolous spending and wasting our time and money.
November 08, 2015, 10:40:40 AM
Bitcoin will become mainstream in time...OP, are you desperate to get rich in the next 10 years? Tongue
Let's not rush it people, Patience is a virtue! Grin

I`m desperate to get rich by next year Cheesy

The 2016 block halving + potential influx could send bitcoin way above 5000$ if we do it right.

With some better marketing efforts maybe above 10,000$.

However if we keep wasting time on useless block debate , bickering, and stagnant development progresses, we are lucky if we hit 1000$.

It's not about hurrying, it's about not wasting time!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 08, 2015, 08:03:18 AM
I think the main problem with Bitcoin is people is too dumb the see the necessity for it, so most people will keep using fiat currencies because most people don't have a problem with it, only people whose see a real necessity to use Bitcoin (beyond buying it and holding as an investment) will actively use it. Other than that we'll need more time to see the fiat system collapse more to get Bitcoin in the starlight. And anyway people will end up using it even if they don't know they are using it so we already winning as early holders. You are basically investing in the base of the next gen infrastructure by holding BTC.
I agree. Seeing that most people are always creatures of habits and tend to abhor changes, it is easy to be scared to use altcoins and quit their life long habit for cash. But i do have hope that as with the acceptance of debit/credit cards Bitcoins will also gain momentum. Also we need an impact-making promotional strategy for raising more awareness about it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
November 08, 2015, 08:00:40 AM
Bitcoin is just 6 years old. It is still in early stages. It will take a few more years for it to be more widely used.
Yes. It is still in it's infancy compared to 100-200-300 year old currency.
Let it mature then it will be appealing enough for everybody to use in their daily lives.
The developers have already made it easy enough to just swipe and go using apps. So the simplicity is there.
Now just need more of the major players to adopt it in their corporate plans then it will be all good in the eyes of world.
Activity: 534
Merit: 500
November 08, 2015, 07:54:14 AM
Bitcoin will become mainstream in time...OP, are you desperate to get rich in the next 10 years? Tongue
Let's not rush it people, Patience is a virtue! Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
November 08, 2015, 07:09:31 AM
Bitcoin is just 6 years old. It is still in early stages. It will take a few more years for it to be more widely used.
November 08, 2015, 07:03:27 AM
You can't go big promoting Bitcoin to mainstream while network can't handle a significant amount of users. Apart from that Bitcoin imo is working flawlessly.

The developers should really hurry up now.

One thing that irritates me to oblivion is that we are working hard to promote bitcoin, but we have to delay it's "mass adoption" because the devs need to bicker and conflict with eachother a few more months.

How childish is that? They delay the benefit of massive bitcoin development, because they can't set aside personal differences, and thus hurting us all.
November 08, 2015, 06:54:50 AM
Maybe lack of gimmicks or lack of need is a big reason.  Mainstreamers are sheep they dont do things unless its fun and simple or they get something out of it which is very easy to understand.  They dont understand the need to take away money from gov at this point.

Probably. But bitcoin is fun, I mean how more fun it can be to make money so easy to use?

I`m sure none of us like the credit card problems, stuck funds, etc.. So bitcoin is more easy and fun.

And they get something out of it: they get to keep their money and not get stolen in bail-ins.
Activity: 546
November 08, 2015, 06:25:00 AM
Maybe lack of gimmicks or lack of need is a big reason.  Mainstreamers are sheep they dont do things unless its fun and simple or they get something out of it which is very easy to understand.  They dont understand the need to take away money from gov at this point.
November 08, 2015, 06:12:43 AM
The only ways I know are: signature campaign, gambling, selling goods and services and faucets. If we find a way to improve these aspects of Bitcoin, the industry would definitely expand.

Well its a process, and time will tell.

However we could accelerate that, instead of waiting 30 years to evolve, it could be done in 5.

More customers create demand, the free market fills in that demand, then the people will also have a job to work for. This is how capitalism works Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 08, 2015, 06:06:47 AM
I think a big problem with people is that they are not bothered to start using Bitcoin. They are fine with fiat and don't see why they should change. That is why Bitcoin needs more advertising. More places need to accept Bitcoin, this way more people find out about the convenience of Bitcoin. Also, there needs to be more ways to earn Bitcoin so that people have an incentive to start. The only ways I know are: signature campaign, gambling, selling goods and services and faucets. If we find a way to improve these aspects of Bitcoin, the industry would definitely expand.
November 08, 2015, 05:16:36 AM
Bitcoin doesn't need promotion, it just needs the mainstream media to stop spreading FUDs about Bitcoin. Most governments have not yet announced their regulations implemented for Bitcoin. Without implementation, average joe wouldn't want to test out Bitcoin as it may become restricted in the future.

They will not stop spreading FUD because that is what media does. They pick up news and spin them  to sensationalism.

People dont read up on random economic inventions, but if they link it to criminals then it becomes an "exciting" reading.

Thats how human psychology works.

But we need to counteract the harmful PR with positive PR, in an organized advertising campaign.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 08, 2015, 02:58:28 AM
Bitcoin doesn't need promotion, it just needs the mainstream media to stop spreading FUDs about Bitcoin. Most governments have not yet announced their regulations implemented for Bitcoin. Without implementation, average joe wouldn't want to test out Bitcoin as it may become restricted in the future.
November 07, 2015, 07:46:50 PM

last I heard genesis mining is advertising on billboards. And the information in the financial magazines are not promoting any other blockchain, but the technology itself, meaning bitcoin is the first and the most successful one of them all. Even if financial magazines would promote bankchain, I bet bitcoins community would call them out on it. I mean We've got the hashing power to back the security we're open source and operating on consensus.

Ok but the audience is not wide enough, yes investors are more likely to check out bitcoin than average joe.

However you need average joe to have a consumer base and demand.

What are the bitcoin companies worth, if nobody is using them? They need more customers.
Activity: 574
In XEM we trust
November 07, 2015, 07:37:08 PM

But do you see any other blockchain going more viral than bitcoin is? I mean why would people adopt any blockchain without it being open source?
Besides bitcoin mining network is currently the most powerful hashing network that there is. No way any bank can recreate the security that bitcoin has already developed.

But that advertiser is being targeted at wealthy investors, not at everyday people.

Who reads financial magazines? Middle class and above.

What about 60-70% of the lower income class people? Nobody is advertising it to them.
last I heard genesis mining is advertising on billboards. And the information in the financial magazines are not promoting any other blockchain, but the technology itself, meaning bitcoin is the first and the most successful one of them all. Even if financial magazines would promote bankchain, I bet bitcoins community would call them out on it. I mean We've got the hashing power to back the security we're open source and operating on consensus.
November 07, 2015, 07:29:42 PM

But do you see any other blockchain going more viral than bitcoin is? I mean why would people adopt any blockchain without it being open source?
Besides bitcoin mining network is currently the most powerful hashing network that there is. No way any bank can recreate the security that bitcoin has already developed.

But that advertiser is being targeted at wealthy investors, not at everyday people.

Who reads financial magazines? Middle class and above.

What about 60-70% of the lower income class people? Nobody is advertising it to them.
Activity: 574
In XEM we trust
November 07, 2015, 07:27:17 PM
I guess that we can already consider that bitcoin is going mainstream! This year all along we have seen large investments being made in the industry. If bitcoin is not going mainstream, the Blockchain is.

Thats the problem the blockchain is going not bitcoin.

And bitcoin is constatly being demonized in the meantime.

We need some TV advertisement about bitcoin, to show how easy it is to spend bitcoin to buy goods and tell people that bitcoin is accepted in many shops.

Sure but a social media campaign would be much cheaper and more effective.
November 07, 2015, 07:19:00 PM
I guess that we can already consider that bitcoin is going mainstream! This year all along we have seen large investments being made in the industry. If bitcoin is not going mainstream, the Blockchain is.

Thats the problem the blockchain is going not bitcoin.

And bitcoin is constatly being demonized in the meantime.

We need some TV advertisement about bitcoin, to show how easy it is to spend bitcoin to buy goods and tell people that bitcoin is accepted in many shops.

Sure but a social media campaign would be much cheaper and more effective.
Activity: 504
November 07, 2015, 03:30:52 PM
Pages:
Jump to: