Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 8. (Read 6856 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
September 05, 2015, 11:39:53 AM
I consider myself a bitcoin intellectual, and I`m always wondering how can I help the bitcoin economy with my ideas, which I got plenty of. So I was thinking 2 days about why bitcoin (or for that matter other altcoins) is not mainstream yet, and what issues it needs to overcome to be able to grow faster. Some issues that I discovered are practical, while others need the entire community's support in order to work.

So here are the issues I discovered with bitcoin, it's economy, why it is not mainstream yet:

I think your points are valid but the main issue with bitcoin achieving mainstream adoption is just sadly the general public have no use or desire to use bitcoin. To them it offers them nothing worth taking the time to acquire it. I think over time some industries will adopt it but it's going to take time. Even things like computers the internet and mobile phones didn't become mainstream over night and we will have a similar journey.

I dont think they dont have a desire, they do but they either dont care enough yet (due to laziness or lack of marketing stimulus) or they dont know about it / dont understand it.

This is not like we are inventing the wheel here, we already got a financial system, bitcoin is just an upgrade.

Its like you replace your old black & white phone with touch-screen smartphone. It was done in less than 10 years, and no new phone was invented, only the old phone was upgraded.

The same way we already got people used to online banking & finance, we only need to upgrade that into bitcoin, and with good marketing & promotion we can also achieve that in less than 10 years.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
September 05, 2015, 11:30:52 AM
I consider myself a bitcoin intellectual, and I`m always wondering how can I help the bitcoin economy with my ideas, which I got plenty of. So I was thinking 2 days about why bitcoin (or for that matter other altcoins) is not mainstream yet, and what issues it needs to overcome to be able to grow faster. Some issues that I discovered are practical, while others need the entire community's support in order to work.

So here are the issues I discovered with bitcoin, it's economy, why it is not mainstream yet:

I think your points are valid but the main issue with bitcoin achieving mainstream adoption is just sadly the general public have no use or desire to use bitcoin. To them it offers them nothing worth taking the time to acquire it. I think over time some industries will adopt it but it's going to take time. Even things like computers the internet and mobile phones didn't become mainstream over night and we will have a similar journey.
September 05, 2015, 11:13:55 AM
You can't go big promoting Bitcoin to mainstream while network can't handle a significant amount of users. Apart from that Bitcoin imo is working flawlessly.

Then we need to resolve the blocksize debate ASAP.

But even after that, new users won't just spawn out of nowhere and make bitcoin a global currency overnight. They will join us slowly, but for bitcoin to really kickoff we need my issues to be resolved too.

Especially point 2) that i made, that one is very critical.

Most guys are for-profit here, and not everyone is a speculator/investor, most people join from poor places and want to earn bitcoin by their labour & skills, and not by buying/investing it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
September 05, 2015, 11:02:43 AM
You can't go big promoting Bitcoin to mainstream while network can't handle a significant amount of users. Apart from that Bitcoin imo is working flawlessly.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
September 05, 2015, 11:00:16 AM
I think the main problem with Bitcoin is people is too dumb the see the necessity for it, so most people will keep using fiat currencies because most people don't have a problem with it, only people whose see a real necessity to use Bitcoin (beyond buying it and holding as an investment) will actively use it. Other than that we'll need more time to see the fiat system collapse more to get Bitcoin in the starlight. And anyway people will end up using it even if they don't know they are using it so we already winning as early holders. You are basically investing in the base of the next gen infrastructure by holding BTC.
September 05, 2015, 10:53:14 AM
delete
Pages:
Jump to: