Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 5. (Read 27647 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 19, 2014, 04:52:51 PM
I am just trying to ascertain the level he is certain of his statement. That's all.

GM's words are entirely clear; there was no equivocating, hedging, or ambiguity. 

He said you don't know WTF you are talking about and are FOS.  No vacillating 'maybes' or 'conditional ifs' about it.

I think there was a tone of 'Put up or STFU' as well, but may be reading too much into it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 19, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

Ok but where is the contradiction?  Whales are trying to pump XMR from this one message from gmaxwell.  Id like some further clarification on the comment.

Lol.  Whales are not pumping anything.

Leave kuriso alone.  He has one thing in life - his obsession with XMR and Risto

Kuriso has two things in life, his obsessions with XMR, Risto, and delusions of authority.

Among kuriso's many obsessions are XMR, Risto, and his own deluded sense of authority.

lol
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
September 19, 2014, 04:40:36 PM
2) There is no break down in the encryption but in how it is implemented.
This is in direct contradiction to your original claim that it cannot be fixed without giving up on anonymity. I call bullshit.

@gmaxwell

Your position as a Bitcoin Core Developer affords you certain levels of protection and suffice it to say, if you were just an average user on this forum my words and actions would not be chosen as carefully.

Can you explain why you call "Bullshit" and would you be willing to stand firm on your assessment with a live chain demonstration?

~BCX~

** I deleted the previous post due to a more civil response.

When will you delete this post due to hollow threats?
legendary
September 19, 2014, 04:38:25 PM
This is in direct contradiction to your original claim that it cannot be fixed without giving up on anonymity. I call bullshit.

@gmaxwell

Your position as a Bitcoin Core Developer affords you certain levels of protection and suffice it to say, if you were just an average user on this forum my words and actions would not be chosen as carefully. Can you explain why you call "Bullshit".

~BCX~

** I deleted the previous post due to a better response.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
September 19, 2014, 04:26:27 PM

Ok but where is the contradiction?  Whales are trying to pump XMR from this one message from gmaxwell.  Id like some further clarification on the comment.

Leave kuriso alone.  He has one thing in life - his obsession with XMR and Risto

Kuriso has two things in life, his obsessions with XMR, Risto, and delusions of authority.

Among kuriso's many obsessions are XMR, Risto, and his own deluded sense of authority.
September 19, 2014, 04:24:41 PM

Really?  What do you call 100 btc in additional walls showing up.  Pushing monero over 389k, walls being removed and getting dumped back to 360k.  Over 100btc were bought and sold within about an hour.  Sounds like a suckers pump and dump to me.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
September 19, 2014, 04:18:58 PM

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
September 19, 2014, 04:06:54 PM
I think the answer to your question in bold is no, here the anonymity and encryption are not two different things.

You think...  Not good enough.  Fluffpony basically ignored the questions.  Can we have someone that knows what they are talking about respond please.

I'd hazard that he misspoke when he said encryption, and he meant "cryptography" instead. Otherwise it makes no sense - there's a keyring flaw and we have to sacrifice anonymity, but the breakdown is not in the encryption but in the implementation thereof? Confused.
September 19, 2014, 03:43:16 PM
I think the answer to your question in bold is no, here the anonymity and encryption are not two different things.

You think...  Not good enough.  Fluffpony basically ignored the questions.  Can we have someone that knows what they are talking about respond please.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
September 19, 2014, 03:36:05 PM

In the quote he is talking about encryption.  

In your response you are talking about anonymity.  

On the Original post he says, "To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed..."

Isn't anonymity and encryption two different things?  Where is the contradiction?

The anonymity is expressed in the whitepaper - if anonymity has to be sacrificed then it would be because the maths / crypto in the whitepaper is wrong.

September 19, 2014, 03:32:33 PM

On the Original post he says, "To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed..."

Isn't anonymity and encryption two different things?  Where is the contradiction?

The anonymity is expressed in the whitepaper - if anonymity has to be sacrificed then it would be because the maths / crypto in the whitepaper is wrong.

donator
September 19, 2014, 03:29:01 PM

September 19, 2014, 03:21:35 PM

This comment is in response to some other forum members questions and accusations.  Im not sure if it is in direct response to the original post.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
September 19, 2014, 03:19:02 PM
You guys look great in gray sweats.

If you haven't watched this, just about everyone would find this funny (both gym go'ers and couch potatoes alike) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0

Not bad.

Someone caught Moneroman88 pumping iron at the local gym: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBP_xdzyxI
donator
September 19, 2014, 03:14:14 PM

where is the contradiction ? I cant see it.

~CfA~

If it was an implementation issue then the maths / cryptography would be fine, and all we'd have to do to patch the exploit is fix the implementation so it correctly reflects the cryptography in the whitepaper. This would not require us to give up anonymity, since we would still meet the anonymity-set as dictated by the whitepaper.

If, instead, the problem is in the cryptography, then the only way to fix it would be to throw out the incorrect maths / cryptography, "giving up" some or all of the anonymity.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
September 19, 2014, 03:13:48 PM

~CfA~

Just guessing here, but I read that to mean that if the purported exploit is not a "break down in the encryption but in how it is implemented," then it can be fixed without giving up on anonymity.  

Assuming that is correct, then the primary source of value in CN would be preserved once the purported exploit is fixed.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
September 19, 2014, 03:06:03 PM

~CfA~
legendary
September 19, 2014, 03:04:15 PM

Epic nerd fight.  Dis gon b gud?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 19, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
You guys look great in gray sweats.

If you haven't watched this, just about everyone would find this funny (both gym go'ers and couch potatoes alike) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
September 19, 2014, 02:51:48 PM

Maybe a farmer's walk. 

Oh, and I just re-read...155kg ain't no joke for a 1RM bench.  I hereby officially retract the "bench warriors are pussies" comment.  Just promise me you can squat at least 200.

1RM 220kg Squat and 240kg deadlifts.. I tried for weeks to hit that 160kg bench but felt like a mountain considering I weigh 75kg (yea, i'm not tall Tongue)
Pages:
Jump to: