Pages:
Author

Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!! - page 4. (Read 53156 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
the Network Stack is pretty simple and based on Braodcast. There is no security at all. I hoped that it will evolve over time, but it is still very basic and looks like the creator is ok with that ;(
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
I connected the SRR to another rig and other than the green red circle turning green in the SimpleRigResetterTool and manually applying power, the ability to turn the rig on and off via right-clicking each channel and selecting Turn Off or Turn On is non-functional.  This is consistent with what my multimeter (Fluke 17B btw) is showing.

So it would appear my unit is not working properly, at least that is the only conclusion I can reach for the time being.

To summarize:

1. Took about 1 hour before I was able to communicate with the SRR unit from the tool.
2. When a given port is connected to a rig, the green circle comes on in the tool and so does the green LED on the SRR unit by the port in question.
3. Attempting to manually turn off a rig does nothing other than turning on the red LED by the port on the SRR unit, leaving both the green and red LEDs lit.  If I unplug the cable going to the rig, the red LED goes out it.
4. Testing for continuity between the green and yellow leads (power button wires), I'm not detecting a closure when doing either a manual turn on or turn off event.

@tytanick what is the RMA process for these?  I paid $55 shipping to the U.S.  I hope that I'm not going to have to pay that a 2nd time for a replacement if it comes to that.
How to connect 4 pins to motherboard (Biostar Racing Z170-GT7)

Currently I have paired the following pin numbers according to the 4 wires from cable to the SRR unit.

White = pin 13
Yellow = pin 14
Brown = pin 15
Green = pin 16

I couldn't power on the rig from SRR from idle/OFF status. Ideas?

Did I miss anything?

NOTE: I have however successfully integrated 28 rigs on ASrock H81-Pro BTC motherboards without any problems.

I'm testing with a couple of these same motherboards that I got from Phil (Biostar Racing Z170-GT7) and appear to have the same issue.  Here's how I have my v2 SRR connected:

So red and blank are power LED wires and green and yellow are power button wires.  Nothing happens when I manually turn rig on or off by right clicking on the circle for the channel the board is connected to.

As per my multimeter test in the previous post, I never see closure between the green and yellow pins.

@citronick were you ever able to get these Racing Z170-GT7's to work?

Its late, I'm going to call it a night and try another rig tomorrow, but the fact that my multimeter never shows closure between green and yellow wires is concerning so I don't know that it would matter what motherboard I use for testing...
Tested with a multimeter between the yellow and green wires and I do NOT get a closure when doing a right-click Turn On, on a given channel.  Nor do I get one when doing a Turn Off event.  I do get the red LED to turn on when doing a Turn Off event next to the port for which I do it.

Defective unit?
So after about one hour, the SRR became responsive and I was able to assign it a hostname and IP on my subnet like so:

With the above changes in place, I'm able to point a browser to the ip of the SRR unit and get the following web page:

Is it possible to change the language to English?

I'm able to right-click the green bubbles for channels 1 and 2, and select "Turn off", and I see the red LED next to the corresponding port on the SSR turn on.  However, the rig associated with that port/channel never turns off and the green LED remains on.  If I unplug the cable to the port I turned off, the red LED is off when I plug back in.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
And the price has now been raised $20 to $170-$190. Learning from the GPU hounds are we?
Yes this is correct.
The price is up by 20$ now. I had plans making it higher at the beginning due to lower Dollar price compared to our Polish Złoty currency.
Please guys also don't order so many SRR devices in one order.
Keep in mind that there will be much more cost efficient to buy ONE SRRv2 and multiple Extension Boards !
The "per slot" price will be much less than buying SRR's only.
Once we send all remaining orders and get next batch of SRRv2, the price might go back to its previous.

Anyidea why local service do not install SRR service ?
the file is unlocked , i use it on other rigs :s
it s srr v1 ...
How you are doing that ?
Some people are trying to execute SRR Agent.exe file directly.
If you do that then you need to install Agent from SRR Tool interface.
If that isn't the case, please send me some screenshots of your problem to [email protected]

We are still working on new firmware fro SRR and completly new Tool and its gonna be awesome ! Smiley

I already have 3 srr but like you said its more cost effective fir me to buy the expansion boards
i plan to buy 3 along with 90 long cables.  Any update on an eta for these? its almost middle march now
So I got my SRRv2 today and have it connected to my network and 1 rig connected to port 1.  However, the SimpleRigResetterTool does not appear to be able to communicate with the SRR device.

The discovery tool finds it:

But I get this message when I double click it:

And once I click ok, the green connect message change to red:

I have noticed that the SRR seems to be stuck on the ip 10.88.88.2 and does not pick up a DHCP address from my router.  Here are the other devices on the switch the SRR is connected to, all on the 10.0.1.x subnet:

View of the device itself showing a green LED by port 1, which I assume means that it is seeing the power signal from rig1.

While I composed this message, the SimpleRigResetterTool changed port 1 to green, but right-clicking to turn off rig1 has no effect.

Should the SRR not pickup an ip from my router that is on the same subnet as all my other computers?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
I have to say this is one of the best little devices, the only thing is i have not been able to get the remote configuration watchdog to work properly, it was resetting devices when they are working/running correctly. I am going to reattempt this here in the computer week/two.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
any news or ETA when ext.board will be available in shop ?)
Activity: 10
Hi guys I have used SRRv1 for sale. PM me
Activity: 2
Activity: 29
Request for future update:

-Log when it auto restarts so I can check later to see when and how often

-Also notify by email when it issues an auto restart
Activity: 1
I just received my SRR yesterday and am happily setting it up. I have a question though, if I am not home and my desktop is not on how can I access the Simple rig resetter tool remotely? Is there an app for the iphone to use?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
I’m keen! Need this.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Keep in mind that there will be much more cost efficient to buy ONE SRRv2 and multiple Extension Boards

I bought 4 SRRv2 Cheesy Sorry Tytus, I couldn't wait for the extension boards any longer Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
And the price has now been raised $20 to $170-$190. Learning from the GPU hounds are we?
Yes this is correct.
The price is up by 20$ now. I had plans making it higher at the beginning due to lower Dollar price compared to our Polish Złoty currency.
Keep in mind that there will be much more cost efficient to buy ONE SRRv2 and multiple Extension Boards !
The "per slot" price will be much less than buying SRR's only.
Once we send all remaining orders and get next batch of SRRv2, the price might go back to its previous.

it s srr v1 ...
How you are doing that ?
Some people are trying to execute SRR Agent.exe file directly.
If you do that then you need to install Agent from SRR Tool interface.
If that isn't the case, please send me some screenshots of your problem to [email protected]

We are still working on new firmware fro SRR and completly new Tool and its gonna be awesome ! Smiley

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Activity: 348
Merit: 119

it s srr v1 ...
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I'll admit, I didn't expect the $55 shipping.
Within a month i will decide if i will implement also cheaper shipping costs.
But the cheaper shipping is bout 20-25$ and it takes 2-4 weeks (sometimes even 5 weeks which was unacceptable)!
versus 55$ DHL which should be within few days.
That was the main problem.
So after first wave of sale will cool down i will decide if i will add previous shipping methods again or not.
Activity: 1
I'll admit, I didn't expect the $55 shipping.

I was also expecting a less expensive shipping cost.

I placed my order!

SSRv2
Be the first to review this product

To: $170.00

Price as configured: $162.80
Pages:
Jump to: