Pages:
Author

Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!! - page 7. (Read 53156 times)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Any ETA on the expansion boards?

Waiting for those expansion boards as well. Resetters working like a charm expansions will only lower the costs.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
Any ETA on the expansion boards?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
For those who are interested in a SRRV2 Case you can use this RJ45 Panel  with this RJ45 board.  across your local network

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Here is 3 scripts that you want Smiley

Code:
Turning OFF:
#!/bin/bash

# REQUIRED packages: socat

# INPUTY
serial="800002"
port="5"

serial=`echo $serial | xargs`
port=`echo $port | xargs`
port=`printf %02X $(( ${port} -1 ))`

firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="52"
# long action="58"
mac="485053$serial"

checksum=`printf %02X $(( (0x${byteCount:0:2} + 0x${byteCount:2:2} + 0x$action + 0x${mac:0:2} + 0x${mac:2:2} + 0x${mac:4:2} + 0x${mac:6:2} + 0x${mac:8:2} + 0x${mac:10:2} + 0x$port)%0x100  ))`
packet="$firstByte$byteCount$action$mac$port$checksum"
echo "Wysyłam pakiet o następującej zawartości: $packet"

echo -n "$packet" | xxd -r -p |socat - UDP-DATAGRAM:255.255.255.255:1051,broadcast

TUNING ON:
#!/bin/bash

# INPUTY
serial="800002"
port="5"

firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="51"
# long action="58"
mac="485053$serial"

checksum=`printf %02X $(( (0x${byteCount:0:2} + 0x${byteCount:2:2} + 0x$action + 0x${mac:0:2} + 0x${mac:2:2} + 0x${mac:4:2} + 0x${mac:6:2} + 0x${mac:8:2} + 0x${mac:10:2} + 0x$port)%0x100  ))`

echo -n "$packet" | xxd -r -p |socat - UDP-DATAGRAM:255.255.255.255:1051,broadcast

# Reboot rig

#!/bin/bash

# INPUTY
serial="800002"
port="5"

firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="53"
# long action="58"
mac="485053$serial"

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
i have been using the v1 device for some time and it works great.

is there a way to control it without the windows client? I've seen that in the linux-agent script it is possible to send a command string to the device. Would it be possible to send a switch on/off command to it?

the code part is (maybe change the "action"?) from the file "SRR-Agent-Linux-v2.sh":
Code:
srrSlot=`printf %02X $(( ${srrSlot} - 1 ))`
firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="55"
mac="485053$srrSerial"

checksum=`printf %02X $(( (0x${byteCount:0:2} + 0x${byteCount:2:2} + 0x$action + 0x${mac:0:2} + 0x${mac:2:2} + 0x${mac:4:2} + 0x${mac:6:2} + 0x${mac:8:2} + 0x${mac:10:2} + 0x$srrSlot)%0x100  ))`
packet="$firstByte$byteCount$action$mac$srrSlot$checksum"

it would make scripting the SRR muchmuch easier.
thanks for the help!
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
NYXCOIN - The future of Investment and eCommerce
my SSR delivered and all is good. i'll recommend it to all my friends, thank you so much for your quick response this is really much appreciated. cant wait for expansion board...
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I'm not sure how your RMA process works but I may have to buy another and wait for it to arrive before sending in this one.   I don't have many problems but when I do I need the machines reset asap.
If there is broken unit then it will be replaced by new one or ther will be made full refund including shipping costs from you to us.
We have not much cases, like less than 1% of devices with some problem like one port not working or one other strange problem.
From i remember tht would be only third device that had any problems Smiley the many more sold didn had any problems.
So if you will get second device and you will see that there is definitly problem with the first one then no problem.
Just write to [email protected] and we will solve your problem Smiley
No need to worry.

Also about Extension boards.
We finally made and fully tested 4th extension board prototype that finally dont have any flaws.
Now we ordered production line and production of first batch will be done in about 40-60 days.
Once i will have poduction units and they will be again tested, i will start sale process Smiley
Sorry it took so long but i want to sell only 100% good product.
With new extension boards there will be also new firmware for SRRv1 and SRRv2 with more features Smiley
Once this all process will be done i will try to send everyone email about new firmwre for SRR Smiley
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
$140 for only the device? No thanks, there already are devices that can do that. You can just reset the PC via the electrical switch, and have a macro that will automatically start your mining software. This just solves a problem that isn't there

There are cheaper solutions, but I like this one either way. It is a ready product, proved and working. The price with the extender will be also one of cheapiest.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
$140 for only the device? No thanks, there already are devices that can do that. You can just reset the PC via the electrical switch, and have a macro that will automatically start your mining software. This just solves a problem that isn't there
Activity: 92
One more question.  I have been using my SRR for a while now -- no issues.

I now have an issue with port 2.  The light on the PCB is green... the light in SRR Tool is green.  If I manually turn the rig off the SSR Tool is red.

However it won't reset/turn off any longer.

Port #1 is the same mobo and I have it hooked up the same.  I have tried disconnecting the cord from mobo > ssr and tried power cycling the SSR.  Any tips on what I can do to troubleshoot this further?

Yes.
Try to rule out cabling problems (bad cable or adapter) - use working one cable in the same slot.
Also try connecting other working rig to the port 2 in SRRv2.
If you see that for sure SRRv2 port 2 is causing problem and NOT motherboard itself or cables or adapter,
Please write me an email to [email protected] and lets start RMA - if its really broken then it will be replaced by new one Smiley
Please copy also your+my messages from bitcointalk. Waiting for your email with those 2 more tests Smiley

Appears to not be the cable.  I am going to test one more time this evening to be 100% sure.

I did notice the LED in the top left of this photo: https://image.prntscr.com/image/miVAFrrDTOGYdfE0tcLMTQ.png
is red instead of the blue color.  Does that have any meaning to you?

I'm not sure how your RMA process works but I may have to buy another and wait for it to arrive before sending in this one.   I don't have many problems but when I do I need the machines reset asap.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I have the original version of the rig resetter and am interested in buying 3 extra of the longest cables (I think the longest is 23feet?) shipped to US. Are these original cables still available? How much would it be for the 3 cables? Should I PM you?

I emailed you
Ok wait for my reply. I need to answer alll of them Tongue
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
I have the original version of the rig resetter and am interested in buying 3 extra of the longest cables (I think the longest is 23feet?) shipped to US. Are these original cables still available? How much would it be for the 3 cables? Should I PM you?

I emailed you
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

I now have an issue with port 2.  The light on the PCB is green... the light in SRR Tool is green.  If I manually turn the rig off the SSR Tool is red.

Port #1 is the same mobo and I have it hooked up the same.  I have tried disconnecting the cord from mobo > ssr and tried power cycling the SSR.  Any tips on what I can do to troubleshoot this further?

Yes.
Try to rule out cabling problems (bad cable or adapter) - use working one cable in the same slot.
Also try connecting other working rig to the port 2 in SRRv2.
If you see that for sure SRRv2 port 2 is causing problem and NOT motherboard itself or cables or adapter,
Please write me an email to [email protected] and lets start RMA - if its really broken then it will be replaced by new one Smiley
Please copy also your+my messages from bitcointalk. Waiting for your email with those 2 more tests Smiley

Any ideas?  Socat too old maybe?

Mine have 1.7.3.1
Still i dont think this kind of difference in version could cause this.

Do you have this script exctly ? check it.

#!/bin/bash

## REQUIRED packages: socat (apt-get install socat)

## Other Linux Systems than SimpleMining OS - unhash 3 lines below and hash SimpleMiningOS ones
srrEnabled="1"
srrSerial="000055"
srrSlot="1"

## SimpleMining OS ## hash this section if you are using above variables
#CONFIG_FILE="/root/config.txt"
#source $CONFIG_FILE
#srrEnabled=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrEnabled`
#srrSerial=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrSerial | xargs`
#srrSlot=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrSlot | xargs`
#####################

if [ "$srrEnabled" -eq 1  ]; then
    echo "SRR is Enabled"
else
    echo "SRR Not configured. SRR Agent will exit in 120 seconds"
    sleep 120
    exit
fi

################################
## Dont touch anything below Smiley
firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="55"
mac="485053$srrSerial"

checksum=`printf %02X $(( (0x${byteCount:0:2} + 0x${byteCount:2:2} + 0x$action + 0x${mac:0:2} + 0x${mac:2:2} + 0x${mac:4:2} + 0x${mac:6:2} + 0x${mac:8:2} + 0x${mac:10:2} + 0x$srrSlot)%0x100  ))`

while true
do
    echo "SRR, please dont kill me, i will ask again in 2 seconds $packet"
    echo -n "$packet" | xxd -r -p |socat - UDP-DATAGRAM:255.255.255.255:1051,broadcast > /dev/null
    sleep 2
done

Yes... How do you initiate it running?  I believe the problem lies with my cron job.

Edit: Confirmed it's not running.  I am not real familiar with debian... I am trying to get it to run on boot now Smiley

Edit 2:  Working!  I put it in rc.local and it works perfect Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Tytanic , any ETA on expansion boards ?
Its still ABOUT 2 months.
Once last prototype will be approved and no ANY flaws will be found then i we will need about month or 1,5 month for production.
I really dont want to release product with even slight flaw ...
So when last prototype will be good then i will have better release date Smiley
Activity: 142
Tytanic , any ETA on expansion boards ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Any ideas?  Socat too old maybe?

Mine have 1.7.3.1
Still i dont think this kind of difference in version could cause this.

Do you have this script exctly ? check it.

#!/bin/bash

## REQUIRED packages: socat (apt-get install socat)

## Other Linux Systems than SimpleMining OS - unhash 3 lines below and hash SimpleMiningOS ones
srrEnabled="1"
srrSerial="000055"
srrSlot="1"

## SimpleMining OS ## hash this section if you are using above variables
#CONFIG_FILE="/root/config.txt"
#source $CONFIG_FILE
#srrEnabled=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrEnabled`
#srrSerial=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrSerial | xargs`
#srrSlot=`echo $JSON | jq -r .srrSlot | xargs`
#####################

if [ "$srrEnabled" -eq 1  ]; then
    echo "SRR is Enabled"
else
    echo "SRR Not configured. SRR Agent will exit in 120 seconds"
    sleep 120
    exit
fi

################################
## Dont touch anything below Smiley
firstByte="FF"
byteCount="0008"
action="55"
mac="485053$srrSerial"

checksum=`printf %02X $(( (0x${byteCount:0:2} + 0x${byteCount:2:2} + 0x$action + 0x${mac:0:2} + 0x${mac:2:2} + 0x${mac:4:2} + 0x${mac:6:2} + 0x${mac:8:2} + 0x${mac:10:2} + 0x$srrSlot)%0x100  ))`

while true
do
    echo "SRR, please dont kill me, i will ask again in 2 seconds $packet"
    echo -n "$packet" | xxd -r -p |socat - UDP-DATAGRAM:255.255.255.255:1051,broadcast > /dev/null
    sleep 2
done
I am having some issues with some rigs that I converted to ethos.

I checked for socat... socat version 1.7.2.3 on Feb  1 2014 17:08:10

I have a crontab setup for this and confirmed it is running...

@reboot /home/ethos/ssr_m1.sh

ethos    30080  0.0  0.0  15960  2220 pts/3    S+   17:58   0:00 grep --color=auto ssr

edited my config.
srrEnabled="1"
srrSerial="000319"
srrSlot="1"

Any ideas?  Socat too old maybe?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
how can i use the Web interface ?
how can i turn on or off my rig at SMOS by SRR ?
Currently those manual options work only from SRR Tool which needs to be run on any windows.
Pages:
Jump to: