Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Aug 8 to Aug 22nd picks are closed. Good luck! - page 6. (Read 7013 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
For the last month or so, the speculation has been that Bitmain was replacing used S5's with "as yet unreleased" S7 miners. It could be that it was actually S5+ miners rather than S7's. While the S5+ has it's advantages, it's really a repackaging of the S5 technology, and nothing like the previous increases (e.g. S5 over S3).

If the actual replacement has been s5+ miners, then that suggests to me that the S7 will be even later than many had expected/hoped. Right now it's hard to see what will motivate Bitmain to actually release an S7, assuming it has actually got the ASIC work and other engineering completed. It's possible folks have been assuming Bitmain is further along than they actually are.

Just my $.02.

yeah more then possible more like it is true.

In fact they may not release the s-7 until nov this year.

The S5+ surprised me on releasing.  It is a way to get rid of ALOT of old chips.   So makes me wonder if they have a stockpile of chips, or just can produce them cheap at this point.

I think it will be a bit till next chip.  I think it will be based more off when it makes the most financial sense for them, not when we need it.  Also other companies could push it to be launched to.

It for sure would not make sense for Bitmain to release a new chip until all their new batches of S5 and S5+ have ROI'd for them in their farm, which is difficult to put a time table to when we don't know for sure how long they've been running S5+'s.  Even then they probably wouldn't release a new chip until they've pawned off sold many of their used miners to the mass-market.

Personally I look forward to the new hardware coming out because that means the current S5 used market should see an influx of hardware and the price should drop to a point where I can justify buying a few.

also by selling s-5's and s-5's longer and longer and longer the result is many many many many of us will not want to switch our s-5's or s-5+'s when the s-7 comes out.

If it is Dec 1 and 250ph of the now 500ph net work is made up of s-5/s-5+  the switch over to s-7's is slower. and bitmaintech stays ahead of the wave.

Simply all good business from their viewpoint.

I don't know I know a lot will get one no matter what.   I like playing with new gear.  I would have done it on SFards but it was entering the lotto getting those.  But 5 of those would have been nice.

I think S5 will have a lot keeping it but eventually it will go to where S3's were and they trickle down.   I do think Bitmain will sell main site S5's.  And China and it's own will be using S5+'s.   Maybe we even see S5+'s on main site a few weeks before next gen.  I think somehow Bitmain will sell it's old gear and put new gear in it's data centers.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
For the last month or so, the speculation has been that Bitmain was replacing used S5's with "as yet unreleased" S7 miners. It could be that it was actually S5+ miners rather than S7's. While the S5+ has it's advantages, it's really a repackaging of the S5 technology, and nothing like the previous increases (e.g. S5 over S3).

If the actual replacement has been s5+ miners, then that suggests to me that the S7 will be even later than many had expected/hoped. Right now it's hard to see what will motivate Bitmain to actually release an S7, assuming it has actually got the ASIC work and other engineering completed. It's possible folks have been assuming Bitmain is further along than they actually are.

Just my $.02.

The S5+ surprised me on releasing.  It is a way to get rid of ALOT of old chips.   So makes me wonder if they have a stockpile of chips, or just can produce them cheap at this point.

I think it will be a bit till next chip.  I think it will be based more off when it makes the most financial sense for them, not when we need it.  Also other companies could push it to be launched to.

It for sure would not make sense for Bitmain to release a new chip until all their new batches of S5 and S5+ have ROI'd for them in their farm, which is difficult to put a time table to when we don't know for sure how long they've been running S5+'s.  Even then they probably wouldn't release a new chip until they've pawned off sold many of their used miners to the mass-market.

Personally I look forward to the new hardware coming out because that means the current S5 used market should see an influx of hardware and the price should drop to a point where I can justify buying a few.

also by selling s-5's and s-5's longer and longer and longer the result is many many many many of us will not want to switch our s-5's or s-5+'s when the s-7 comes out.

If it is Dec 1 and 250ph of the now 500ph net work is made up of s-5/s-5+  the switch over to s-7's is slower. and bitmaintech stays ahead of the wave.

Simply all good business from their viewpoint.
legendary
Activity: 1274

Just my $.02.

legendary

Just my $.02.

legendary

Just my $.02.

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

Just my $.02.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
well 2 big days of blocks is not a trend yet.  4 in a row and I will be nervous

It already dropped quite a bit.
Contest aside, a big jump in difficulty would be unfortunate, it could mean there's more at play than the Antminer S5+ or they loaded up 25PH of them on top of what they have, shifting the difficulty balance further.

legendary
I am not sure  if this keeps this way but if it does my guess is bitmaintech really does have working s-7's

Or maybe

LKETC 5T 1000W

from this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11923544

is going on line.

I smell 5% or more.

Ouch I really hope we don't go in the more part.  We have had a good summer on low amounts.   But i guess it depends if it's a one week raise or if we get it each change if who ever pumps out a lot of them.

I know it is going to happen I just was hoping closer to winter.

*Edit after thinking
It could also be S5+'s.  Bitmain is and has sold S5's that were "used" on latest ones so that leaves holes on their racks .... so the easily could have put S5+ in slots where S5's were.   Also some could be customers of S5 +.

well 2 big days of blocks is not a trend yet.  4 in a row and I will be nervous
legendary
I am not sure  if this keeps this way but if it does my guess is bitmaintech really does have working s-7's

Or maybe

LKETC 5T 1000W

from this thread

is going on line.

I smell 5% or more.

Ouch I really hope we don't go in the more part.  We have had a good summer on low amounts.   But i guess it depends if it's a one week raise or if we get it each change if who ever pumps out a lot of them.

I know it is going to happen I just was hoping closer to winter.

*Edit after thinking
It could also be S5+'s.  Bitmain is and has sold S5's that were "used" on latest ones so that leaves holes on their racks .... so the easily could have put S5+ in slots where S5's were.   Also some could be customers of S5 +.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Variance. Because someone had to say it.
legendary
And the last four days on http://btc.blockr.io/charts

Aug    8  2015   163     +19  but about +10 since part was last diff
Aug    9  2015   133      -11        so -1
Aug  10  2015    168     +24       So  +23
Aug  11  2015    170     +26         means we are + 49

this explains strong move on bitcoinwisdom.org

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty   (+3.97%)

Bitcoin Difficulty:   52,699,842,409
Estimated Next Difficulty:   54,790,571,047 (+3.97%)
Adjust time:   After 1433 Blocks, About 9.4 days
Hashrate(?):   411,505,037 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.5 minutes
3 blocks: 28.4 minutes
6 blocks: 56.8 minutes
Updated:   22:55 (2.5 minutes ago)

I am not sure  if this keeps this way but if it does my guess is bitmaintech really does have working s-7's

Or maybe

LKETC 5T 1000W

from this thread

is going on line.

I smell 5% or more.
legendary

-1.51% to -1.75% TheAnalogKid
-1.26% to -1.50% wlefever
-1.01% to -1.25%  philipma1957
-0.76% to -1.00%  VirosaGits
-0.51% to -0.75%  alh
-0.26% to -0.50%  ezeminer

+0.01% to +0.25% kenscho
+0.26% to +0.50% lolxxxx
+0.51% to +0.75% edonkey
+0.76% to +1.00% mavericklm 
+1.01% to +1.25%  valkir
+1.26% to +1.50% HerbPean
+1.51% to +1.75% tss
+1.76% to +2.00% Mikestang
+2.01% to +2.25% Amph
+2.26% to +2.50% jonnybravo0311
+2.51% to +2.75% Kexkey
+2.76% to +3.00% EnternalWingsofGod
+3.01% to +3.25% wpt1wpt1
+3.26% to +3.50% notlist3d

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
I will go for -0.26 to -0.50%

I feel as if many miners can't sustain mining with the price this low...
legendary

-0.51% to -0.75%  alh

+0.01% to +0.25% kenscho
+0.26% to +0.50% lolxxxx
+0.51% to +0.75% edonkey
+1.01% to +1.25%  valkir
+1.51% to +1.75% tss
+2.01% to +2.25% Amph
+2.51% to +2.75% Kexkey
+3.26% to +3.50% notlist3d

legendary
Hey Anyone here anything about notlist3d.

He has not made a post in 5 days.

He usually does not go that long>

He was running the last diff thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/july-25th-to-aug-8th-diff-thread-1135304

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12029419  this was aug 1

Thanks for checking philipma.  I didn't post in advance as I thought I would use my phone to post, but was at a computer security conference and did not feel safe doing that even.    I was worried about someone doing a fake account of me if announced beforehand.   Happily I think I made it without any new ones.

On picks 3.26% to +3.50

Thanks!
legendary

-0.51% to -0.75%  alh

+0.01% to +0.25% kenscho
+0.26% to +0.50% lolxxxx
+0.51% to +0.75% edonkey
+1.01% to +1.25%  valkir
+1.51% to +1.75% tss
+2.01% to +2.25% Amph
+2.51% to +2.75% Kexkey

Activity: 234
Merit: 100
my pick

+0.01% to +0.25%
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Will make a pick of 2.76%-3%
Please and thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1274
I have not seen him posting, and he usually posts around as much as you do.  Tongue

Vacation maybe?  It's that time of year if he's in the northern hemisphere.
legendary
Hey Anyone here anything about notlist3d.

He has not made a post in 5 days.

He usually does not go that long>

He was running the last diff thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/july-25th-to-aug-8th-diff-thread-1135304

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12029419  this was aug 1
Pages:
Jump to: