Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Aug 8 to Aug 22nd picks are closed. Good luck! - page 8. (Read 7013 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1032

-1.01% to -1.25%  philipma1957
-0.76% to -1.00%  VirosaGits

+0.76% to +1.00% mavericklm   is this what you want  or do you want +1.01 to +1.25% ?

+1.26% to +1.50% HerbPean

0.26+ to 0.50+
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Okay bitmaintech is now selling a beast a 7700gh miner

it needs 3 psu's it is costly and with 3400 watts it must be really fucking loud

85dB Grin

http://shop.bitmain.cn/goods.php?id=47

Not for home use, not even for a shed or a detached garage.

Does anyone else get a feeling that Bitmain is becoming complacent due to their near-monopoly position? Why should they bother creating a new miner if they can still sell repackaged old crap.

Poor form.

Good for difficulty though.

I did a poll asking for them to sell the center piece with the controller.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-antminer-s-5-selling-options-1148333

A lot of interest in the ⅓ the hash size with controller included.
legendary

-0.76% to -1.00%  VirosaGits

+0.76% to +1.00% mavericklm   is this what you want  or do you want +1.01 to +1.25% ?

+1.26% to +1.50% HerbPean
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Taking +1,26% to 1,50% (Same as previous)

Thanks !

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

it needs 3 psu's it is costly and with 3400 watts it must be really fucking loud

85dB Grin

Does anyone else get a feeling that Bitmain is becoming complacent due to their near-monopoly position? Why should they bother creating a new miner if they can still sell repackaged old crap.

Poor form.

Nope, i entirely agree. I have voiced a few times that Bitmain has (mostly) killed off competition and they can simply turn to the bigger market now and leave scraps for home miners.

As Valkir said previously, it just feel like S5 was rushed and more cheaply made than S3's, shipped in masses just to kill off competition.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

85dB Grin

Poor form.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
give me, please, the positive of your pick
thx!
legendary
YES I will alter the title.

My pick is

-1.01% to -1.25%  philipma1957

That's a pretty big pick, does this mean i can have my big range pick again? Maybe something like -3.5% to -1.00%? Tongue

corrected!  Grin

Okay xD I'll take -0.76% to -1.00% then. Tongue
legendary

My pick is

That's a pretty big pick, does this mean i can have my big range pick again? Maybe something like -3.5% to -1.00%? Tongue

corrected!  Grin

legendary

My pick is

-1.01% to 1.25%  philipma1957

legendary

My pick is

Activity: 355
Merit: 276
Are picks opening ?
legendary

Yyeah but then again i don't think it will. After all the efficiency isint really all that different from the S5.

yeah .445 vs .515   

no big deal

although I believe it can be pencil modded to .4

based on the fact it no longer has a string design.

I think we are not going to see the s-7 anytime soon.

I do hope they sell the middle piece of these.  a 2550gh 1150 watt  miner could work for me.

One item I want to take issue with. What leads you to think that the "string design" is gone from the S5+? As I understand it, each blade has 48 chips, This could break down to a 3x16 layout, which would match the 3 PCIe power connectors on each blade. Maybe I missed something in the announcement, but I think the string design is alive and well for the S5+.

Just my picky two cents on a specific item above. I too think that this marks a later arrival of the S7 than folks may have expected.

I could have misread a post I will strike it since I am not sure.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
philipma wrote about the fact that it is worth looking into buying s5 instead of s5+ .
And here we have a new deal to s5 . Only 352 USD ( 1.323 BTC) .
It seems that the weight of the parcel jumped to 4.2kg . They can now sell a version with small heatsinks or I missed something ?
Hashnest also got a new s5 delivery . Replacing the equipment continues.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

Yyeah but then again i don't think it will. After all the efficiency isint really all that different from the S5.

yeah .445 vs .515   

no big deal

I do hope they sell the middle piece of these.  a 2550gh 1150 watt  miner could work for me.

One item I want to take issue with. What leads you to think that the "string design" is gone from the S5+? As I understand it, each blade has 48 chips, This could break down to a 3x16 layout, which would match the 3 PCIe power connectors on each blade. Maybe I missed something in the announcement, but I think the string design is alive and well for the S5+.

Just my picky two cents on a specific item above. I too think that this marks a later arrival of the S7 than folks may have expected.
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
snip
I am hoping for < 225.00 usd a btc  really would love to see a drop to 185-190 a coin.

wow. wow. wow.  i surely hope the current bottom limit is $250.  i know we're all here to mine more coin cheap and hodl but how many times can we revisit $180 before we hit $99 and less and less.  at some point all that hodl will sell and this was all worthless.
legendary
This S5+ is just too big for home mining!  Undecided 3 15 amps is huge.
Hope this will not effect too much the diff.

yeah .445 vs .515   

no big deal

Thats a big piece for me to eat, but it could still be beneficial.
If some people jump at the 15% power efficiency gain. I might be able to get my hand on some affordable S5, maybe even some 3D print modded S5. That would be nice. Smiley
legendary
This S5+ is just too big for home mining!  Undecided 3 15 amps is huge.

yeah .445 vs .515  

no big deal

based on the fact it no longer has a string design. --------  This is not confirmed I think I mis read some ones post

I do hope they sell the middle piece of these.  a 2550gh 1150 watt  miner could work for me.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Pages:
Jump to: