Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Aug 8 to Aug 22nd picks are closed. Good luck! - page 3. (Read 7013 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
maybe bitmaintech is putting them into their mines as I type
They are "under development".  You know as well as I do that is code for "we're currently deploying them into our mines." Tongue

I wish they had announced the actual specs of the S7.  230W/TH is very nice, though.  If these follow the same form factor as the S1/3/5, I can up my local hash to about 12TH/s for the same power draw as I have now with my S3s.  I see some pretty big difficulty jumps in our future.

It also depends on the price. If Bitmain decides to make money on margins instead of volume and the S7 costs 4 BTC per TH/s then the adoption will be slow. Also manufacturing capacity is not unlimited. Even if they can make 40 PH/s of those things per month that's just 5% increase per cycle minus whatever old hashrate they will end up replacing.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
They are "under development".  You know as well as I do that is code for "we're currently deploying them into our mines." Tongue

I wish they had announced the actual specs of the S7.  230W/TH is very nice, though.  If these follow the same form factor as the S1/3/5, I can up my local hash to about 12TH/s for the same power draw as I have now with my S3s.  I see some pretty big difficulty jumps in our future.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

http://btc.blockr.io/charts

And the first four days  for this diff adjustment  pre China explosion.

Aug    8  2015   163     +19  but about +10 since part was last diff
Aug    9  2015   133      -11        so -1
Aug  10  2015    168     +24       So  +23
Aug  11  2015    170     +26         means we are + 49

And the 6 days after the China explosion.

Aug 12 2015   122      -22
Aug 13 2015   151      +7
Aug 14 2015   137       -7
Aug 15 2015   136       -8
Aug 16 2015   141       -3                     -33 after the explosion
Aug 17 2015   145       +1                     -32   "
Aug 18 2015   140       -4                      -36   "

today is the 19th and in 12 hours we made 81 blocks  that is a 162 pace

https://blockchain.info/blocks

This could all be variance or the power issues caused due to the Chinese explosions/fire are fixed.

thus more people got back on line.

Of course the s-7   using 1385  chip was announced

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-launches-4th-generation-bitcoin-mining-asic-bm1385-1156770

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
looks to me more like a altcoin, or an sabotage of the bitcoin or an take over....

That's all it is, an altcoin with a name very similar to Bitcoin.  It will never become the main coin if China ignores it, which all indications seem to be that's what is going to happen.

It's funny that it's forked with larger blocks, but if not many people are going to use it then the larger blocks aren't necessary.

The interesting aspect would be if mining decided to split between XT compatible clients on fork and those that do not and support Core with a possibility of two trading platforms until stability is found that said assuming that were in the period of 1MB blocks in mid-2016 there would be a bunch of them now and then to justify XT otherwise your right that would be pretty funny everyone on Core and panicking while XT is underused then when users move over it balances out again if the transactions are not double counted on both platforms.

Bitcoin Difficulty: 52,699,842,409
Estimated Next Difficulty: 52,341,730,572 (-0.68%)  
Adjust time: After 440 Blocks, About 3.2 days  
Hashrate(?): 376,549,079 GH/s

Slightly negative at present but the price may impact that.
legendary

http://btc.blockr.io/charts

And the first four days  for this diff adjustment  pre China explosion.

Aug    8  2015   163     +19  but about +10 since part was last diff
Aug    9  2015   133      -11        so -1
Aug  10  2015    168     +24       So  +23
Aug  11  2015    170     +26         means we are + 49

And the 6 days after the China explosion.

Aug 12 2015   122      -22
Aug 13 2015   151      +7
Aug 14 2015   137       -7
Aug 15 2015   136       -8
Aug 16 2015   141       -3                     -33 after the explosion
Aug 17 2015   145       +1                     -32   "
Aug 18 2015   140       -4                      -36   "

So A coincidence ?    or did some damage occur.   Not  farms but net or just power restrictions to 1 farm near the blast.

Always hard to fully understand dynamics of diff.  Just look at the last 10 days    we had 122 as a low and 170 as a high!  Those are really big swings.

Our real number is +13    blocks

so we made 1554  and 1541 would be 0%   we are really at  +0.84%

Looking at the photos of the fire/explosions  does make you realize BTC centralization is a bad thing.  

Farms of 20ph or more     mean 20/350 or 5.7% of the network.

Asic builders should take note the 2x 10ph farms are better then 1x 20ph

Well 462 blocks left should be fun.

What did I omit  oh yeah  price dropped as low as 162 on one of the exchanges.

I got in on coinbase at 222 to grab a coin  coinbase got close to 200

I expect a lot of interesting shit the next week or two.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty   (-0.56%) ------- I get  (+0.84%) see above.

Bitcoin Difficulty:   52,699,842,409
Estimated Next Difficulty:   52,403,664,014 (-0.56%)
Adjust time:   After 459 Blocks, About 3.3 days
Hashrate(?):   376,592,586 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 10.3 minutes
3 blocks: 30.9 minutes
6 blocks: 1.0 hours
Updated:   22:30 (3.5 minutes ago)

prices are 227 to 231 depends on where you buy.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I really don't think XT is helping us at all.  It is getting news, and seems to scare some.

And wow has this been a crazy day of price.   I just hope it goes back up.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
coins are tanking like a mother fucker!  222 at coin base!

I posted this on another forum but perhaps relevant here too:

I just purchased some I got in at 222 .

I feel for those that grabbed a few s-5+'s

BTW  the  price tank happened right after bitmaintech stopped sales on both the s-5 and the s-5+

Look like you made some quick buck. Or could have. (Jumped up to 230 before dropping again)
legendary
162 at finex!!! what a show!

need more popcorn!

wow that is monster low.

I would love to see it flatten out around 200-210 and stay put for a month.
Activity: 742
162 at finex!!! what a show!

need more popcorn!
legendary

I just purchased some I got in at 222 .

I feel for those that grabbed a few s-5+'s

BTW  the  price tank happened right after bitmaintech stopped sales on both the s-5 and the s-5+
legendary
coins are tanking like a mother fucker!  222 at coin base!

legendary

time to buy!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
looks to me more like a altcoin, or an sabotage of the bitcoin or an take over....

It's actually how it's supposed to work. There is no central authority to approve changes. Anyone can come up with a fork, I could make a code change that gives me a million coins and tell everyone to start using it. Obviously I'd be told to stuff it into various cavities but if someone comes up with a reasonable fork and asks to join and gets the consensus - it will happen.
Funny, you just described 99.9% of all alt coins out there...

It's a lot like an alt coin with one primary difference: there isn't a new blockchain.  These changes are intended to ride on the existing BTC blockchain.  Anyone can make their own coin.  In fact quite a few people have done precisely that.  Somebody didn't like the SHA-256 algorithm, so they used scrypt (hi LTC, how are you).  Some don't like the block halving, so they change that.  Some don't like the total number of coins, so they change that.  Some want proof of stake (PPC anyone).  In every case, each of these became its own entity - and they're collectively known as alt coins.

What XT is proposing is nothing more than a fork.  A change to the core code that increases block size (among a few other things like better double spend detection/tracking) means there are two disparate entities now competing to add blocks to the chain.  If enough people follow the XT path, then that fork will win... leaving everyone who doesn't follow it on a useless chain.
legendary

It's actually how it's supposed to work. There is no central authority to approve changes. Anyone can come up with a fork, I could make a code change that gives me a million coins and tell everyone to start using it. Obviously I'd be told to stuff it into various cavities but if someone comes up with a reasonable fork and asks to join and gets the consensus - it will happen.

Can't a core version with progressive block size increase code be submitted and if it get adopted by enough people, the whole network change to it without causing Earth shattering event where everyone flees and dump BTC with an additional 200 posts per hours about "THE END IS NEAR" like this is 31/12/2011 or something?

What XT is proposing is something like that (once 75% of blocks are mined on the new version we MIGHT start seeing larger blocks). And it's based on the same "core" source code that we're all currently using so if it's accepted it would be the new "core" albeit with a different name perhaps.

Any change to the block size would require a hard fork so whether it's called XT or something else it would be roughly the same outcome.

I see. I was kind of hoping "Satoshi" would have foreseen this eventuality and prepared a way to soft-ish fork by just voting on feature with hashpower. Clearly he did since the 1mB block was to keep it small for starters but why not prepare for the upcoming fork.
legendary

Can't a core version with progressive block size increase code be submitted and if it get adopted by enough people, the whole network change to it without causing Earth shattering event where everyone flees and dump BTC with an additional 200 posts per hours about "THE END IS NEAR" like this is 31/12/2011 or something?

What XT is proposing is something like that (once 75% of blocks are mined on the new version we MIGHT start seeing larger blocks). And it's based on the same "core" source code that we're all currently using so if it's accepted it would be the new "core" albeit with a different name perhaps.

Any change to the block size would require a hard fork so whether it's called XT or something else it would be roughly the same outcome.
legendary

yep and it is a strong and weak point at the same time.

too much dissension and it melts down into 100,000,000,000 different coins.  too much agreement or centralization  and it becomes a 3 or 4 big player game.

The dynamic is very interesting.  Just as long as all your coins are not on one table so to speak you can survive whatever happens.

I would like a simple two-three fold method  move blocks to 2mb   make lowest transaction fee  0.00005  under that and you get a reject send. keep the low send at 0.00000001   so to send 0.00000001 you need to spend 0.00005001

Should end spam with that minimum block size   leave us room for more transactions.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

That's all it is, an altcoin with a name very similar to Bitcoin.  It will never become the main coin if China ignores it, which all indications seem to be that's what is going to happen.

It's funny that it's forked with larger blocks, but if not many people are going to use it then the larger blocks aren't necessary.
legendary

Activity: 742
Pages:
Jump to: