Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1162. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Service communication for Windows GCN users.
It is confirmed new driver broke my miner big way. This is currently already fixed and I will prepare a release in the next days which will include new algos.

In the meanwhile, the new grs-myr kernel has been released as well as ported to a special sgminer build. This build does not exist officially and there's no support but if that works for you please let me know ... but pointing your miners to DEe8eXkxWrrJCV1Lt7k1t5etZT2sSzoZBZ for an hour or two!  Wink

Thank you for updating and working on it.
I will try the release in the next days with new algos and will post my results. Will try also qubit on Servers and Groestl-Myr on my Cards!
Heads up good work. Im looking forwad to get a bit more hash Wink
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
http://birdspool.no-ip.org:5041/static/stats/

Bird's DGB-Qubit Node Stats

Local rate:    172.03 MH/s (DOA 10.13 MH/s / 5.89%)    Shares:    Total: 12286 (Orphan: 44, Dead: 673)
Global pool rate:    234.31 MH/s (DOA 6.33 MH/s / 2.70%)    Share difficulty:    0.02
Network Hashrate:    8.67 GH/s    Network Difficulty:    302.910

where it produces 8.67 - 2 (such as known) = 5..6 GH / s

Maybe someone knows ?))

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

Hi,
I have setup a new p2pool node for mining DGB Groestl:

http://107.170.90.53:5021/static/

Server: stratum+tcp://107.170.90.53:5021

You are welcome, happy mining !

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
The reason for the fall in price is the BTC rise. Actually, this drop in DGB is not too much, because when you consider it as value, it is still 23-24 SAT range even though it seems like 18-19 sat.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Service communication for Windows GCN users.
It is confirmed new driver broke my miner big way. This is currently already fixed and I will prepare a release in the next days which will include new algos.

In the meanwhile, the new grs-myr kernel has been released as well as ported to a special sgminer build. This build does not exist officially and there's no support but if that works for you please let me know ... but pointing your miners to DEe8eXkxWrrJCV1Lt7k1t5etZT2sSzoZBZ for an hour or two!  Wink
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Crypto,
 Since you have been quite vocal about your feelings, what specific items would you like to see that would engage your interest in a more positive light? If DGB was so bad, you would have left by now, so trying to understand your position.

Price movement?

Communication process?

Infrastructure?

Marketing?

YC

Let's keep focused on thinking about what we can do as a community to move forward. I respect everyone's decision to not be satisfied where things may be, but the risk is something we voluntarily accept to do. If you do not like, sell your position and move to the next investment that makes sense.

YC

Not fud @ all, price has dropped , interest is down, vol is down giant buys really low 2-3 weeks prior, waiting to sell @ profit. Keep up the good work! :-D

I screwed up my reply, and it was imbeded in old quotes:

I never said DGB was bad, I said it was game over. Financial markets are here to make people $ , like all of them, buy low, sell high. Not to buy low and hold forever with wishes & dreams of 12 year old fantasy gains.. take profit, if interest continues, mabey re-buy. DGB vol was in the double digits for days & dropped off, interest is not there, volume says this story. For now, the game is over. Collect more low if you find a price that suits you, and sell @ a profit. Volume attracts attention. No volume increase = no increased attention. It's pretty simple. Again, not saying DGB is bad, but for now, the game is over.

For me it looks like a healthy market, Bigger buy order get pulled and the weaker hands are selling so they still have a little profit.
I agree with you the intrest in digibyte is less then one week ago and that´s all because of the volume and price is going down a litle. That also is a healthy market! It's not good to see only UP UP UP for almost 2 weeks, Digibyte comes from a ATL of 12 sat.
We all know that the most Hype-trains & pump & dumps won't survive for long term.
Digibyte is something else in my eyes. Don't follow the hypes,they  follow there own "Digibyte path" and see who sticks with them.
Someday the early investors will benefit with there patience.

added: Digibyte jumped from 17/18   to 19/20 in 2 minutes on cryptsy.
Activity: 238

Real nice chart 24 showing one critical ingredient to a healthy pullback within a longer term uptrend: declining volume. Nicely done.

Now, we need price to hold at 17 (the 61.8% retracement level) / 16 the lower key bullish over/bearish under level.

Nevertheless, the volume profile, with expanding volume on the upside, and contracting volume on the downside, is excellent.

ready for your dumps.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Real nice chart 24 showing one critical ingredient to a healthy pullback within a longer term uptrend: declining volume. Nicely done.

Now, we need price to hold at 17 (the 61.8% retracement level) / 16 the lower key bullish over/bearish under level.

Nevertheless, the volume profile, with expanding volume on the upside, and contracting volume on the downside, is excellent.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello]
Dear miners coming DGB on theblocksfactory.com Skein algorithm, check whether you have received payment for mining blocks in the range of 323,583 to mine 324,145th The statistics shows that one block was dug more than 5 hours. In contrast, block explorer shows that the mine at the time mined blocks for which he paid the miners.

Yours
Francb
Activity: 644

does anyone know where I can download the latest miner for the groestl algo ,

I only get 15MH with my 280x , but other people claim that they get above 20MH

28mh/s with Msi 280x for me

where did you download your miner ?
Activity: 196
Crypto,
 Since you have been quite vocal about your feelings, what specific items would you like to see that would engage your interest in a more positive light? If DGB was so bad, you would have left by now, so trying to understand your position.

Price movement?

Communication process?

Infrastructure?

Marketing?

YC

Let's keep focused on thinking about what we can do as a community to move forward. I respect everyone's decision to not be satisfied where things may be, but the risk is something we voluntarily accept to do. If you do not like, sell your position and move to the next investment that makes sense.

YC

Not fud @ all, price has dropped , interest is down, vol is down giant buys really low 2-3 weeks prior, waiting to sell @ profit. Keep up the good work! :-D

I screwed up my reply, and it was imbeded in old quotes:

I never said DGB was bad, I said it was game over. Financial markets are here to make people $ , like all of them, buy low, sell high. Not to buy low and hold forever with wishes & dreams of 12 year old fantasy gains.. take profit, if interest continues, mabey re-buy. DGB vol was in the double digits for days & dropped off, interest is not there, volume says this story. For now, the game is over. Collect more low if you find a price that suits you, and sell @ a profit. Volume attracts attention. No volume increase = no increased attention. It's pretty simple. Again, not saying DGB is bad, but for now, the game is over.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

28mh/s with Msi 280x for me
Activity: 924
Crypto,

Price movement?

Communication process?

Infrastructure?

Marketing?

YC

YC

Activity: 644

Activity: 196

YC

Interesting article. How can we take the major points and apply it to DGB?

How Can We Make Bitcoin Mainstream?

Danny Bradbury (@dannybradbury) | Published on November 9, 2014 at 15:00 GMT   

All of the writing seems to be on the wall.

Bitcoin now has PayPal integration and dedicated global banking to go along with its natty logo. Regulators are taking notice of it, and noted retailers are accepting it.

If you think bitcoin is mainstream, though, think again. According to an analysis earlier this year, there were only 1.2 million bitcoin addresses holding anything other than dust as of February.

Even its advocates admit that it has a long way to go. Curtis Fenimore's attempt to promote bitcoin to the masses has stalled. Bitcoin Bigfoot, his grassroots effort to get posters and other materials promoting bitcoin out into the community, "hasn't been all that active or relevant lately," he admitted.

Fenimore raised all of the bitcoins for his public awareness effort when the price was over $700. Then, he spent the funds on Bitcoin Bigfoot after the price fell under $700. It was just the luck of the draw.

In the meantime, many people are still blissfully unaware of bitcoin. "We still have a very long way to go in absolute terms," he suggested.

The perception problem may have more to do with depth than breadth. Bitcoin entrepreneur Erik Voorhees argued that around half the people he spoke to are aware of bitcoin, but only a small fraction understand it.

This is normal and expected, said Voorhees:

"Both the Internet and Paypal had a long period where people heard of it and sort of knew what it was, before they really tried it out."

Conquering the learning curve

How will the understanding of bitcoin grow among the masses that have heard of it, but know little about it? We're still in the speculation phase, where people hope to make a fast buck. This early, immature phase could work to the cryptocurrency's advantage, said Voorhees.

Successive price bubbles create an effect called the 'tide theory'. When prices spike, people wake up, smelling a potential money-making opportunity, and flock to bitcoin hoping for profit. That may be a short-term reaction, but it sparks a new wave of user adoption.

When the price slumps again, many of the people who arrived in that wave will slide away, but some will stay. Those remaining will have gained a deep understanding of bitcoin and its technology. With each successive bubble, the pool of adopters that continue to use the payment network increases.
Where's the motivation?

What about those people who aren't investors? Like, say, the significant proportion of Americans living paycheck to paycheck? The bitcoin community faces multiple challenges getting these people interested.

Disregarding those political and ideological arguments that are difficult to communicate to exhausted parents working three jobs, one challenge is the 'why should I use it' problem. Many people are still wedded to credit and debit cards, or simple cash, and don't yet see the benefits of an alternative.

"There are lots of use cases for bitcoin, but nothing yet that has captured the imagination of the general public, there hasn't really been the 'killer app,'" admitted Voorhees.

Newly-appointed Bitcoin Foundation executive director Patrick Murck says that those applications are appearing.

Murck said:

"Blockchain-based products are starting to emerge that solve real problems for people, that will drive adoption and grow the pie for the whole bitcoin community."

All of this assumes that the average Joe or Jane understands what the blockchain is, or how to use a wallet. That's a work in progress, according to 'bitcoin Jesus' Roger Ver.

"Bitcoin wallets are tolerable for techies to use today, but easier and safer designs are needed to help drive mass adoption," he said. "Companies like Blockchain, Mycelium, and Bread Wallet are hard at work on this."
Bad press

Bitcoin's road to mainstream adoption may also be hindered by some of the bad press it has received. Lots of people are still convinced that bitcoin went bankrupt back in February, mused Voorhees, arguing that the Mt Gox debacle was "a huge net negative" for bitcoin. The biggest problem was the reputational damage that it caused in the media, he said.

"Because of poor reporting by the media, many people conflate Mt Gox with bitcoin itself," added Ver. "This is a huge problem that needs to be corrected." Headlines like "Bitcoin goes bust" and "The end of bitcoin" are good examples of misguided and reputation-damaging press for the digital currency.

Others will focus on the scandal surrounding Silk Road, rather than on bitcoin's benefits.

Silk Road may in the long run be good for bitcoin adoption, say commentators. Voorhees argued that it helped to bootstrap the bitcoin network's commercial use in the early days. Fenimore is convinced that Ulbricht's drug trafficking site helped to demonstrate bitcoin's capabilities as a value transfer system – and that its subsequent takedown confirmed bitcoin's legitimacy for many.

Public misconceptions of bitcoin won't disappear overnight, even if mainstream media outlets correct them. Instead, Fenimore consigns the uninformed to the 'late adopter' category which will be led to bitcoin gradually, as the opportunities emerge. This group of people won't adopt until they can be shown that doing so is significantly cheaper than being a non-adopter.
Promoting a decentralised concept

One of bitcoin's biggest strengths is its grassroots support. This is also one of its weaknesses, though, because it lacks a coherent narrative, which makes it difficult to present a single, strong message in the same way that, say, PayPal's founders did.

Voorhees concluded:

"Ultimately we just have to accept that bitcoin won't get popular on the back of a slick corporate media campaign over five years. It will get popular person by person, in a messy, organic process."

That doesn't mean that the community can't organise to help it on the way. What is the single, biggest thing that the bitcoin community can do to make the cryptocurrency mainstream? CoinDesk's interviewees all had different ideas.

Murck argued that funding core development was crucial. Voorhees wanted more remittance providers with larger marketing budgets. Ver suggested integrating bitcoin more closely with the financial markets, while Fenimore said that "the biggest thing is the aggregate of all the small things".

Is there one thing that you think will spur bitcoin to mainstream adoption? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/can-make-bitcoin-mainstream/

YC

legendary
Activity: 840
We possibly may have to make another delay on this. Still outside of our control Sad

Please announce up front. (We are going to announce tomorrow at 12PM - for example). I know this isn't a P&D coin, but that's what gives the coin momentum and attention.
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Part of the process. Good for you to be able to execute an order there. Still lots of potential with DGB!

YC

Yes, we did hit 12 but there were only a few auto sell orders that hit it.  I was fortunate enough to get some of the last 13 sat orders on Cryptsy so I was able to see a few 12s executed right after my orders.
Jump to: