Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1224. (Read 3058816 times)

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

First a couple of corrections. Bird’s P2Pool has been spiking higher in the last few days only to fall back to longer term levels, The Blocks Factory has been suffering attrition these last couple of days, Miner’s Pool has gone to zero, while CryptoPool’s hashrate has, at best, been steady for days, if not weeks, now, as anyone mining there will attest – in fact, the number of miners has fallen from peak levels. It is incorrect to say that the other three pools have suffered as miners move to CryptoPool.

A hashrate estimate for BoostPool of 8 GH/s is greatly underestimated if you base your estimate on real DGB data and not on srcxxx’s propaganda. An 8 GH/s figure is what you get if you’re calculating the official, srcxxx’s snake oil figures, but it's not even close if you’re working with REAL data. As correctly mentioned (as though it somehow refuted what is being discussed), block discovery is running at an even rate for ALL the algos, and if we use that very real and very tangible and very verifiable data we can clearly say that if an average of 4 to 5 GH/s is finding around 20% of Groestl blocks, the other 80% has to be an average of 16 to 20 GH/s.

The math isn’t that hard to get right.

BTW, the difference between the real figures and the propaganda based figures is what srcxxx is currently taking off the top.

It’s really a modified version of the botnet strategy. The crypto botnet seeks to install miners on other people’s machines in order to essentially exploit a hashrate that the end user is unaware of. That strategy is still very much a possibility from a technical standpoint, but from a profitability standpoint, it is not. BitCoinTalk’s friendly con artist, srcxxx, has developed a slightly modified strategy which is to get people to willingly give him their hashing power, and then exploit it once he has it.

It is most certainly a server side, let me be clear, pool side, exploit in this case. All stats are hidden. The data is even “converted” into a scrypt equivalent (in the name of making things easy to understand, and for the idiots who actually buy into his scam, they might actually be dumb enough to need such “help” even if it were legit). What this does is hide the real hashrate that eventually gets channeled into his DGB wallet. (Always remember these basics to the equation: srcxxx is the developer of BOTH the miner and the pool, which means he controls what you see and what he sees . . . that is until you start following the money trail, i.e. payouts.)

Get people to send you their hashing power by offering them a little more (and periodic prizes, etc.) and then exploit that so that you double, triple, the effective hashrate over what is being reported and you pocket the difference.

NOW FOR THE REAL ISSUE FOR US:

If one person were using an unfair, proprietary, advantage to “boost” their own particular mining, there would be no issue. We’d have to call that innovation.

But, when one person uses that same unfair, proprietary, advantage to fleece unsuspecting victims, we have a problem.

From a technical, economies of scale, standpoint, one individual would have to invest a great deal of money to implement an operation of sufficient size to have any real effect on the global network.

But when one individual is massing together the cumulative hash power of many unsuspecting victims, the impact on the network is considerable, and extremely negative.

If ethics, or right and wrong, don’t mean anything to you, at least that last comment should, that is if you at least want to protect your own interests. Wink

Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Lovin' Crypto
Other opinions, and ideas about how to deal with this, or whether we even should?

I'm talking everyday with the Miners Pool dev.
He's dedicated to this pool and miners.

Not enought hashrate for groestl at the moment, I'm mining there on DGB-skein myself.

Just sayin that in case some people want to reinforce this pool instead of feeding the big one.

Pool : http://www.miners-pool.eu/#/
Irc : freenode #minerspool
Activity: 342
Jared,
 Is there anything we can do to mitigate this and create a benefit for other miners of the various algos?

YC

Has anyone else noticed how Miners Pool has gone to zero hashrate, Birds P2Pool is struggling, The Blocks Factory's hashrate is way down, and only CryptoPool is still holding it's own, while the network hashrate is sky high?

How is it that we allow someone with an unfair, proprietary, advantage to drive off all the honest hardworking miners? Isn't there anything we can do about this? Or should we even think it's proper to do so? Should we allow this to go on unaddressed? The trend as I see it with Groestl is that we are moving towards a "one miner", monopolized environment. On the face of it, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but that's only my opinion.

Other opinions, and ideas about how to deal with this, or whether we even should?

@YC

I believe HR's concern is for miners on groestl algo only, other algos are doing just as well specially qubit and sha256
here is the breakdown of found blocks from 184446 to 184646:
http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/blocks

scrypt 32
skein 36
qubit 42
groestl 45
sha256 46
= total 201 blocks

@HR

Miners Pool, Birds P2Pool, and The Blocks Factory are down because miners have moved to CryptopoolMining
CryptopoolMining has 2,261.345 MH/s
https://v2.cryptopoolmining.com/dgb-groestl/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

Boostpool has 243.34 MHs scrypt
so  243.34MH/s scrypt * 36.39 convert to groestl = 8,855.1426 Mhs
so they have 75% of the hashrate in groestl

much worse on skein though, all blocks are practically found on theblocksfactory
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
HI JARED ANY UPDATES ON WHERE WE ARE AND WHATS NEXT.
PRICE IS STILL AT 21 SATS WHICH IS A GOOD BUY ATM
GO DGB  Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,
 Is there anything we can do to mitigate this and create a benefit for other miners of the various algos?

YC

35 of the last 44 Groestl blocks found were found by srcxxx's pool. That's 79.55% of all Groestl blocks found in the last hour and 50 minutes.

Newly Generated Coins to:

DFkpdefR47BRfa4AU2zdEXup6aCtt9VSy7

sent to:

DDSWueUbEnw5c3kcGYpNFGm56QeBhkSvRJ

sent to:

DRykTe2nXZpSX1KytPXjvPhGfCAXb4ZBM6 (that address look familiar?)

with a Final Balance of 22,302,866 DGB now!

With rapid fire block discovery bursts as well:

183916    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:42 PM    1       205    groestl
183915    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:36 PM    3       1437    groestl
183914    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:27 PM    2       1360    groestl
183913    Sep 18, 2014 10:48:59 PM    1       205    groestl
183912    Sep 18, 2014 10:48:13 PM    4       881    groestl
183911    Sep 18, 2014 10:46:50 PM    4       1471    groestl
183910    Sep 18, 2014 10:45:50 PM   2       430    groestl

Has anyone else noticed how Miners Pool has gone to zero hashrate, Birds P2Pool is struggling, The Blocks Factory's hashrate is way down, and only CryptoPool is still holding it's own, while the network hashrate is sky high?

How is it that we allow someone with an unfair, proprietary, advantage to drive off all the honest hardworking miners? Isn't there anything we can do about this? Or should we even think it's proper to do so? Should we allow this to go on unaddressed? The trend as I see it with Groestl is that we are moving towards a "one miner", monopolized environment. On the face of it, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but that's only my opinion.

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Rent a botnet and ddos his pool every once in a while and people will stop mining there.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

35 of the last 44 Groestl blocks found were found by srcxxx's pool. That's 79.55% of all Groestl blocks found in the last hour and 50 minutes.

Newly Generated Coins to:

DFkpdefR47BRfa4AU2zdEXup6aCtt9VSy7

sent to:

DDSWueUbEnw5c3kcGYpNFGm56QeBhkSvRJ

sent to:

DRykTe2nXZpSX1KytPXjvPhGfCAXb4ZBM6 (that address look familiar?)

with a Final Balance of 22,302,866 DGB now!

With rapid fire block discovery bursts as well:

183916    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:42 PM    1       205    groestl
183915    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:36 PM    3       1437    groestl
183914    Sep 18, 2014 10:49:27 PM    2       1360    groestl
183913    Sep 18, 2014 10:48:59 PM    1       205    groestl
183912    Sep 18, 2014 10:48:13 PM    4       881    groestl
183911    Sep 18, 2014 10:46:50 PM    4       1471    groestl
183910    Sep 18, 2014 10:45:50 PM   2       430    groestl

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Can we solo mine DGB with NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 under linux x64?
If so, which algorithm that should be done with ?

Anybody ? Thanks.

yes you can, it won't give you much but you can try.
Use groestl or qubit

Which software should we use for that ? cgminer ? It think that does not work with nvidia ?
Do you know how to set the things for solo mining from that particular software you will suggest. Thanks.
it seems like sgminer work with nvidia cards
Here's a tutorial for myriad, but it explain how to do it for groestl and qubit : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-myriad-comprehensive-and-totally-serious-mining-guide-for-new-commers-545805
you might wanna try : http://cryptomining-blog.com/2735-new-ccminer-1-1-with-improved-groestl-performance-now-available/
never tried it so can't help on ccminer

i don't solo mine and with the card you are running, don't try you'll waste your time. get on a pool it will be better for you
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Anybody ? Thanks.

Use groestl or qubit

Which software should we use for that ? cgminer ? It think that does not work with nvidia ?
Do you know how to set the things for solo mining from that particular software you will suggest. Thanks.
legendary

Anybody ? Thanks.

Use groestl or qubit
Activity: 924
legendary

Anybody ? Thanks.
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
Hi Digibyte,
A couple of days ago you asked us what is missing in the Top beginning Digibyte thread.
I had some spare time and added some things like exchanges,information about Digishield and some other things the community mentioned before and needed to be changed.

Offcourse there are some things you need to adjust.

I'm also asking the community to take a read and mention things what needs to be changed/added.

Hoping to take some weight off youre shoulders and GO kick some ass in the expo.

Looks good to me, bud! Also I just bought my first 40k from Cryptsy. Would have been more, but I only have 40Gh/s worth of mining equipment that is all focused on DGB and not BTC
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
legendary
again and again,disappointment with more .

disappointment with more what??
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
again and again,disappointment with more .
legendary
SUNDAY WILL BE THE DAY FOR DGB AT 2PM EASTERN TIME. VALUE SHOULD INCREASE BE READY
BUY WHILE ITS STILL LOW Grin

Any new annoucement ?

seems more like someone who want to pump the price a little.

I would not call that a pump, but clearing cheap DGBs Wink

Who wanted to buy everything that tops 25 sat again? Cheesy

If there is cheaper Smiley why buy expensive Wink
Activity: 275
 soon  we'll see 1x satoshi ?

i bought dgb from it start .

100 satoshi 200 satoshi 150 satoshi 80 satoshi 40 satoshi 20 satoshi ..

how many monthes? dev , 8~9 monthes , i did't see excting things happen .

and i'm happy dgb also alive . the dev not run away ..

but as a dgb fans , we want know where is the way for dgb . and what's the  dev plan ..

if can let dgb has a light futrue , i think here everyone would be happy to do something .

Jump to: