Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1235. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Hello all,

The issue with scrypt mining is not related to difficulty.

After block 170639 was found, did some further troubleshooting and most probably identified the problem.

I have done some testing and our pool found a block today:
http://insight.dgb.cryptopoolmining.com/block/378d35463e490a897b7d62c4b038f3142acf315f11eb88111b5f074e0ab2f0ea

Currently, the pool is running again the original wallet (so please do not mine in our scrypt pool, as no block will be found), until there is an official announcement.

I have contacted Jared, so I think we will have an update soon  Smiley

-Thrassos
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Nice calculation HR.

The auto dump on Digibyte gave me allot of cheap coins  so, Thank you everybody haha. especially scrxxx  Grin

Yesterday i burned 0.15 btc just to get the Scrypt algo diff a litle lower with getting almost no payout. But i really don't mind.
also bought  for 0.9 btc more on the market  Grin  I'm 100% sure my investment is safe. and waiting for some other coins to get sold and will buy more!

Can't wait till jared and his team comes back and get us some updates. Market will explode!!

Have a good weekend all.

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

I was doing the math comparing sample current payout figures with their reported hashrates (not estimated network hashrates), and my conclusion was that DGB is trading in the market for about half of what it costs to mine, regardless of whether you’re using GPU or ASIS (in fact, SHA-256 is the most costly to mine), and that's only considering electricity operating costs and says nothing about ROI on hardware investment.

If you can directly buy DGB for half of what it costs to mine, then why not just directly buy DigiByte on the open market? The logical extension of that question is why not turn off all of your mining rigs (and save them) while buying at half the cost from others who are burning their rigs up?

I could shut off my mining and take the same money I’m using to pay my electric bill to BUY TWICE AS MUCH as I could mine with that same budget!

However, I’m a long term nut and can’t bring myself to shut down (that being said, none of my rigs are stressing, and they’re all running cool and efficient with a life expectancy of many years).

Nevertheless, I can “double” my production, ACTUALLY TRIPLE, or more (at 19, where I first bought, the figures were even better still) by simply buying in the open market with the money I’d have used to pay electricity and without any new hardware investment at all! Double my budget to expand production, but instead of using that money to pay for electricity, buy direct, and get twice as much as I would have by mining! That’s fantastic!

That’s what I’m doing. I “expanded” my mining budget by doubling the amount to be spent and took 4 months worth of that new money available for mining, bought BTC with fiat  (and BTC is cheap right now as well), and then simply bought DGB and got 8 MONTHS WORTH in the process! And got it now!

I really need to shut my rigs down for a few months and just buy, but liquidity is a problem – there isn’t much on the market to buy at these prices and you’ve got to be patient, very patient – and who knows how long sellers will be willing to sell at a loss (one thing’s for sure, things wear out, and as their mining capacity slowly goes off-line, I doubt very much they’ll be re-investing). I'll keep mining anyway, just to keep the rigs occupied and out of trouble Wink but if the math continues to justify it, you can count on me being back in January with another multi-month purchase.  Grin
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Looks like several scrypt blocks were found about three hours ago, starting with 170639

Actually it looks like some were found throughout the day even earlier than 170639, but they seem to be found in batches of 10-20 at a time, almost all in a row, then a period of an hour or so goes by, then a bunch more are found.

Kinda strange...could someone be manipulating the scrypt blocks?

This is well known someone has manipulated scrypt blocks.
Possibly earned quite a lot of easy DGB and dumped them killing temporary the price when the fix was released...
But it seems to be already over and the price is slowly getting recovered.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Anyone having withdrawal issues with Mintpal?

YC
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Looks like several scrypt blocks were found about three hours ago, starting with 170639

Actually it looks like some were found throughout the day even earlier than 170639, but they seem to be found in batches of 10-20 at a time, almost all in a row, then a period of an hour or so goes by, then a bunch more are found.

Kinda strange...could someone be manipulating the scrypt blocks?

Activity: 238
Means more dump???
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Tim Draper: Bitcoin’s Price Still Headed to $10k
Pete Rizzo (@pete_rizzo_) | Published on September 12, 2014 at 16:49 BST

Despite continued interest from major payments companies and thought leaders, the price of bitcoin has declined in recent weeks, as optimism surrounding New York’s proposed bitcoin regulation gave way to backlash and the market grappled with the widespread use of new and more complex financial tools.

Both factors were recently cited by bitcoin hedge fund Pantera Capital as reason’s that bitcoin’s price has declined since July. In that time, the price of 1 BTC has fallen from close to $650 amid heightened interest from investors at the time of the US government’s auction of roughly 30,000 BTC to a value of $472 at the time of publication.

Still, it’s arguable that no investor has been more exposed to this recent price decline than noted venture capitalist and Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) partner Tim Draper, who on 2nd July revealed he purchased all of the nearly 30,000 BTC seized from now-defunct online black market Silk Road and sold by the US government.

In a new interview with CoinDesk, Draper revealed he has been surprised by bitcoin’s recent decline in value, though he remains optimistic in its long-term value as an asset.

Draper told CoinDesk:

“I guess the markets aren’t seeing what I am seeing. An entire economy is being rebuilt. I have a price target of $10,000 in three years. Even that may be pessimistic.”

The remarks are notable given that, should Draper have paid market price for the BTC holdings, he would have lost roughly $5m on his investment to date.

Bullish in emerging markets

Draper also addressed his overall investment strategy and recent moves, most of which have targeted bitcoin startups in emerging markets.

The 56-year-old investor, who has contributed to recent funding rounds raised by BitPagos, Korbit and Volabit, told CoinDesk that he believes these companies will ultimately succeed in the face of steep challenges.

Draper’s remarks suggest that he foresees these companies being able to overcome any obstacles posed by regulation and a current lack of consumer awareness, stating:

“These companies are making it easier for people to do business in their countries. As long as the governments realize that they are better off when their people are successful, it should be smooth sailing for our bitcoin investments.”

Investors should buy bitcoin

Price decline aside, Draper said he believes that investors should continue to seek opportunities in the bitcoin market, saying he would “encourage people to buy bitcoins and spend them”.

When asked what advice he would provide to investors and entrepreneurs observing the market, he pointed to bitcoin’s long-term utility as well as its low-cost transaction network.

Draper said:

“I assume anyone who used to send money through Western Union already is familiar with how much they can save using bitcoin.”

He went on to suggest that, in this view, investors should continue to seek opportunities available by both investing directly in bitcoin and its support infrastructure.

“My thinking is that bitcoin is here to stay,” Draper concluded.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/tim-draper-bitcoins-price-still-headed-10k/
We are at 27 right now, so you will need some movement to take us over that and continue to have volume.

YC

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/

90 day chart looks really promising!

And what do you think looks promising? I would agree if we can move over 35 and then over 50 sat.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/

90 day chart looks really promising!

And what do you think looks promising? I would agree if we can move over 35 and then over 50 sat.
Activity: 238
Any guess where DGB price will be by next week if if its keep rising...
It is at 28 sat on cryptsy...atm
Get more DGB while its still low...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Seems like a short term arb opportunity between Bittrex and Mintpal. It may get eaten up by fees though for thinner margins.

YC

GET DGB WHILE ITS STILL LOW.
PRICE WILL INCREASE SOON  Grin

There's a very aggressive buyer on MintPal who has bought up the offer stack on three occasions in the last 5 or so hours.

One individual buy order ate up the entire stack from 21 to 27, then another from 22 to 30 and the last was from 24 to 30 on the last run. That's one order each time that buys everything in the range. All trades on those runs have the same time stamp if you want to look at it yourself.

Only one similiar looking buy on Crypsty, with pressure on the sell side for the last hour or so.

Patience grasshopper.

Somebody just ran the stack again buying up everything from 27-32 and pretty much destroying that sell wall YC originally mentioned.

Aggressive buying.

I'm going to be left behind. ;(

Mintpal v2 will be released on September 17th, which will be nice to see since it will a nice clean up of coins that are P&Ds or not really providing any value.

YC
HR,
 Just noticed that as well. Volume is at 8 BTC on Mintpal for DGB! I think this is a sign of things to come.

YC

There's a very aggressive buyer on MintPal who has bought up the offer stack on three occasions in the last 5 or so hours.

One individual buy order ate up the entire stack from 21 to 27, then another from 22 to 30 and the last was from 24 to 30 on the last run. That's one order each time that buys everything in the range. All trades on those runs have the same time stamp if you want to look at it yourself.

Only one similiar looking buy on Crypsty, with pressure on the sell side for the last hour or so.

Patience grasshopper.

Somebody just ran the stack again buying up everything from 27-32 and pretty much destroying that sell wall YC originally mentioned.

Aggressive buying.

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Patience grasshopper.

Aggressive buying.

Awesome news! Glad to see things are rising! The more stability the better in my opinion.

YC

Large sell wall at 32 satoshi! Will be interesting to see.

YC

PRICE WILL INCREASE SOON  Grin

It's more spread out on Cryptsy. Around 5 million DGB from 27-33. Some of that should lower, and some should end up selling into the bid.

The bids have risen as well. About 1 BTC at 23-24 on MintPal, another 1 BTC from 19-22, one more BTC from 14-18, with not much more below. That could always be overwhelmed by sellers and could be reason to put in a "stink bid" (ridiculously low) just in case you might get lucky.

It's a very similar picture on Cryptsy with 22-23 and 19-21 being the 1 BTC ranges and 13-18 just a bit over 1 BTC, and with 5 million DGB being offered from 27-33.

Got a real battle brewing.

Pick your price and get your bid in!

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

YC

It's more spread out on Cryptsy. Around 5 million DGB from 27-33. Some of that should lower, and some should end up selling into the bid.

The bids have risen as well. About 1 BTC at 23-24 on MintPal, another 1 BTC from 19-22, one more BTC from 14-18, with not much more below. That could always be overwhelmed by sellers and could be reason to put in a "stink bid" (ridiculously low) just in case you might get lucky.

It's a very similar picture on Cryptsy with 22-23 and 19-21 being the 1 BTC ranges and 13-18 just a bit over 1 BTC, and with 5 million DGB being offered from 27-33.

Got a real battle brewing.

Pick your price and get your bid in!

YC

Jump to: