Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1243. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Digibyte 16 sat.
Wow, i in person really don´t mind at all.

Digibyte is now giving us and the investors time to buy at some REALLY low prices.

Miners please keep autodumping youre Digibytes, Thank you.

Wait and see what update Digibyte team is coming with after the trip to japan&china,easy to get the price  x2   x3  x4.............

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
So many good things going on right now.  Surprised people are selling so low.

I think this is it. It went to 90, now 60~75. This is the real value of DGB.

If only we knew.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

What do you think about this? https://hardwarewallet.com/index.html Looks very nice. I will order 2 and try out the altcoin support:

It looks interesting...  and will look forward to your review. But honestly I am more interested in a working paper wallet at this point. It's practically free, you can make as many copies as you want (to store in multiple locations) & you can split your digital wallet up into reasonable chunks to spread your eggs out into multiple baskets for ease of spend/re-import later. I already have my digital wallets backed up every which way I can including on USB sticks and on encrypted cloud storage, so I don't need another digital means of doing this. Sometimes I just want to go old-fashioned and stick a piece of paper in a safe! Not fool-proof...  but definitely unhackable by most!

Isn't that where difficulty factors in? If enough people quit mining the difficulty should fall so low that eventually it would become profitable again.

Technology is going to improve also, mining should continue to get faster/cheaper.

No, not really. What I'm saying is that with everything working as it should...  difficulty doing it's thing to regulate block discovery times, and the design of DGB being such that the block rewards reduce over time...  there comes a time in the not too distant future where block reward drops to less than 1000 (around 5.5 years out) and then at around 10 years out it's approaching 100 DGB/block. Point is...  the currency is only useful if it can be used...  and it can only be used if there are miners to verify transactions...maintain the blockchain....  therefore without miners... well...  you see where I'm going with this.

It's not just a DGB question...  any long term coin that has the potential to survive...  what happens if nobody bothers to mine anymore?

Activity: 254
Merit: 250
Phew! Every time I see the transparent borders it scares the crap out of me! Tongue

Are you aware you should be using a new miner targeted specifically for Win7 Qubit users? Hit github. New GCN-specific kernels.

Will try this out. Thx.
Activity: 672
Phew! Every time I see the transparent borders it scares the crap out of me! Tongue

Are you aware you should be using a new miner targeted specifically for Win7 Qubit users? Hit github. New GCN-specific kernels.
P.S my Qubit results..look screen..
Is that Vista?
nope, no win7x64  Grin
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

This has actually highlighted something that I have occasionally wondered but never got around to asking. As block rewards drop lower and lower, and indeed approach zero...  who is going to bother mining? Without miners, who then verifies transactions? Perhaps at that point the distributed infrastructure exists simply to support the payment network? But... who owns it? Makes you wonder if at that point we come full circle with centralised control once again?

Isn't that where difficulty factors in? If enough people quit mining the difficulty should fall so low that eventually it would become profitable again.

Technology is going to improve also, mining should continue to get faster/cheaper.

And while I'm thinking about difficulty - has it been determined that this is the problem with why no Scrypt blocks are being found? If this is the case, maybe in the future if enhancements are made (and it's possible to do) some sort of difficulty check could be added so that if a specific algorithm doesn't have a block found after say, 100 blocks (about an hour), that the difficulty of that specific algorithm could be adjusted down by a small percentage every 100 blocks until one is found?
Activity: 672
P.S my Qubit results..look screen..
Is that Vista?
I using both algos at the moment. Grin
Mining DGB with minerd on CPU @ Serverfarm and with grs-sgminer @ GPU Mining Rig. Profit till now, ok.
P.S my Qubit results..look screen... CPU is a dellided overclocked Core I7 4770K@ 4,5 GHz and GPU is a Radeon R9 290 OC TriXXX @ 1107,1440
On Server CPUs you will get around 600 Khash/s depends how much Cores....

What do you think about this? https://hardwarewallet.com/index.html Looks very nice. I will order 2 and try out the altcoin support:

Bitcoin based crypto currencies are supported by default - just specify your target mainnet or testnet version when setting up HW-1, and addresses will be generated and checked against those domains.
Different form factors and graphical personalizations are available - choose the one that suits you best

Activity: 602
I used 4 identical rigs on 4 different pools over the period of 24 hrs. 2 Qubit pools and 2 Groestl pools. The 2 Qubit pools only marginally fared better than the Groestl pool by about 5000-10000 DGB. Which is well within the variation.  On any other given day the results may have been flipped depending on network hashrate and current difficulty.  Close enough to be content with either decision.
Activity: 442
Qubit is paying about the same with Groestl right now following my previous days numbers on various pools. Don't think that switching is going to have any major effect on your profits.

Are you sure?
Groestl diff is a way higher than qubit now and the total hashrates too (949 vs. 37)
Hashrates for the specific hardware are similar.
Could you provide some data for a comparison?

EDIT:
according to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/help.php
groesl hashrate for 7950 is 11.05 Mh/s
qubit hashrate is 4,6 Mh/s
maybe not very similar, it is actually 2,4:1, but the diff seems to be 25:1
Activity: 602
Qubit is paying about the same with Groestl right now following my previous days numbers on various pools. Don't think that switching is going to have any major effect on your profits. I think the only difference is in power consumption with Qubit. If you in an area where you pay more for power then its probably marginally worth it.
Just started mining with Qubit this morning with my 7850 at 2198M. The card is OC'd a little and I haven't messed with the Qubit  default settings

I don't have 7850 but it seems your settings are suboptimal. I can get 2,1 MH/s with 7790.
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
Just started mining with Qubit this morning with my 7850 at 2198M. The card is OC'd a little and I haven't messed with the Qubit  default settings
Try mining with CPU. Don't expect too much, but qubit is still cpu-friendly. Compile the miner with "-march=native" to get better results.
What miner you recommend? I am currently just soloing with digibyted...

For CPU I could recommend https://github.com/ig0tik3d/QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
I can't recommend mining solo with CPU! You better move with your CPU mining to dgb-qubit.theblocksfactory.com

Thanks, I'll compile now and get it going.

Try mining with CPU. Don't expect too much, but qubit is still cpu-friendly. Compile the miner with "-march=native" to get better results.

For CPU I could recommend https://github.com/ig0tik3d/QubitCoin-cpuminer-v.1.1
I can't recommend mining solo with CPU! You better move with your CPU mining to dgb-qubit.theblocksfactory.com

Code:
"blocks" : 163428,
    "difficulty_qubit" : 27.63622946,

I think I don't need to comment...
You don't need to comment on what? The low difficulty? I agree, you already commented on that. My post was about something else.

Qubit is still CPU mineable but it is really GPU algo nowadays.

Simple R9 270 Radeon card gives 3,2 MH/s. I don't understand why nobody is mining with qubit.

You need to start or DGB will suffer from too low hashrates and dumps.

Oh I see. I got rid of my cards unfortunately. I've got nothing to lose really by chucking a little bit of CPU at it I suppose...  but like everything else in cryptos, it's about GPUs and ASICs.

Jump to: