Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1281. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I agree, I think we are getting really close to the point where if we don't push to the new algo soon I feel like we will lose our momentum.  We really need a coordinated mining effort in order to push through to the change over block.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Digibyte is not doing good on Bittrex. We need to see some volume going on there, otherwise it will be removed with the way it is added.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

This could be a problem ...

I pulled all my hash from the network around block 142,410 ... it then ran ok for the next 12+ hours until block 142,473 where the difficulty has now suddenly jumped to 1,000+ the highest digibyte has ever seen... could be stuck on this block for a long time.

I could probably clear it, but am getting a bit bored throwing away my own money to push the blockchain along ... especially as the Devs have not come forward and explained the cause of the problem. Happy to support them if they come up with a solution and need hashing power, but until then I have retreated to the side lines.

Also, does anyone know of a way to monitor the DGB network hashrate? All the usual sources no longer work since the introduction of the new wallet.
Activity: 786
The pools will come. The choice to include those algo's was a good decision. Qubit is great for us Nvidia miners who like to consume less power. Smiley

Good to hear. This is why i posted that.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
The pools will come. The choice to include those algo's was a good decision. Qubit is great for us Nvidia miners who like to consume less power. Smiley Its probably not very clear as to which algo most people should mine with their given hardware. A grid matrix of the advantages/disadvantage using a given algo would be nice. We need pretty visuals! Cheesy
no pool for SKIEN or Qubit .....

They both weren't the best choices :/
legendary
Activity: 1050
no pool for SKIEN or Qubit .....
Activity: 393
Does each algo need its own daemon with own blockchain copy up and running ?

so separate digibyted, config and datadir for each algo ?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
good coin, why no price movement?

There will be movement down when multi-algo starts. People sold coins and waiting for 2x cheaper buy back opportunity.

People too pre-occupied with pump and dumps.
Activity: 294
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I have about 5.6 MH I can point at the network to help push through it. My GPU rigs are offline now due to it being summer and the profitability sucks but I am willing to turn them back on to do a coordinated effort. 

Unfortunately, all my BTC was spent buying DGB so I wont be able to rent any hashing power =\
Activity: 285
@Digibyte

Slow block problems

I think this needs to be sorted a.s.a.p.

At current rates block 145,000 will not kick in until late October, anyone transferring funds has to wait hours for the confirmations. Any new interest in the coin quickly diminishes when it becomes apparent the mining reward is next to zero and you have to wait hours for a block even in a pool.

The multialgo v 3.0.1 has generated a lot of interest, but this is diminishing and by the time we reach block 145,000 in October a lot of these people might have already forgotten about DGB.

The slow confirmations are also making it difficult for traders and speculators with the long waits to move funds in and out of exchanges. A combination of this, the reduction in interest and the slow rate of production has lead to the low trade volumes we are seeing.

Solving the problem

For the last week I have tried throwing a few 100 MH/s at the network in a variety of ways, building up and down slowly, short bursts, longer sustained periods etc. etc. The difficulty adjustments during this period made little sense, often decreasing as my hash increased or increasing as I reduced my hash rate. Also the increase in block production was also marginal. Can you post (or PM me) the cause of this problem? Do you know what caused it?

I think the problem is intrinsic to DIGIshield, originally I thought you may have coded a failsafe that prevented drastic reductions in difficulty which was why it was stuck oscillating at the higher difficulty ... I meant to go through your code line by line this weekend but never found the time. My main concern is that if there is an issue it is not carried over to V3.0.1.

Today I directed 5,000 MH/s at the network, which reduced the block times to c. 2 mins, but tailing off the hashrate did not reduce the difficulty... however based on this I imagine something in the region of 10 GH/s (10,000MH/s) would produce a 1 minute block time and if maintained would see us to block 145,000 in about a day and a half.

I think this is achievable through a collaborative effort, happy to direct my hash and rent a load extra if other people will help maintain the hashrate for a day and a half.

Current rental rates are roughly 0.4 BTC/GH/Day (also the amount you can earn if you didn't redirect your hash) ... so 10 GH for 1.5 days = 6 BTC... however if that returns the block rate to a block a minute, given a DGB value of 40 satoshis and a block size of 7,500 DGB ... the group should earn approx. 6.5 BTC in digibyte (A bargain if you believe in Digibyte!)

I would suggest organising a coordinated approach for Fri/Sat this week with the aim of hitting block 145,000 sometime on Sunday.

Anyone interested?

Great, yet expensive idea! Not many of us would be able to support you with our wallets, and that's where our problem lies.
I believe that at least when it comes to this issue, it falls on the development team to push out large amounts of MH/s, especially since they had previously siad they were going to.
6 BTC atm comes out to $3000~ dollars. That's a pretty deep price, but if it would give the coin the kindling it needs to light that 145000 block fire, it might be a necessity. The Digibyte created from the mining could then be given out over time to drum interest in DGB and to once again get miners on the coin.
Activity: 275
  block need too much time ....

finish a transfer need about 10+ hours ..

even can't use it .

so , when you will add hashes to reduce the block time..

i think it's a seriouly problem . i know many people like dgb , and i also love it .

but for these monthes , i can't see what's new in dgb . except multialgo , but it used to much time , 2 monthes ? 3 monthes ? 4 monthes? ,

i also want to ask the dev , is there any plan to expand the dgb , and what's about the roadmap ? anything finished ?

if you has plans , you can show it, after multialgo , what would do next .

and i like to see ios wallet and digipay .

thanks .

Activity: 67
@Digibyte

Slow block problems

I think this needs to be sorted a.s.a.p.

At current rates block 145,000 will not kick in until late October, anyone transferring funds has to wait hours for the confirmations. Any new interest in the coin quickly diminishes when it becomes apparent the mining reward is next to zero and you have to wait hours for a block even in a pool.

The multialgo v 3.0.1 has generated a lot of interest, but this is diminishing and by the time we reach block 145,000 in October a lot of these people might have already forgotten about DGB.

The slow confirmations are also making it difficult for traders and speculators with the long waits to move funds in and out of exchanges. A combination of this, the reduction in interest and the slow rate of production has lead to the low trade volumes we are seeing.

Solving the problem

For the last week I have tried throwing a few 100 MH/s at the network in a variety of ways, building up and down slowly, short bursts, longer sustained periods etc. etc. The difficulty adjustments during this period made little sense, often decreasing as my hash increased or increasing as I reduced my hash rate. Also the increase in block production was also marginal. Can you post (or PM me) the cause of this problem? Do you know what caused it?

I think the problem is intrinsic to DIGIshield, originally I thought you may have coded a failsafe that prevented drastic reductions in difficulty which was why it was stuck oscillating at the higher difficulty ... I meant to go through your code line by line this weekend but never found the time. My main concern is that if there is an issue it is not carried over to V3.0.1.

Today I directed 5,000 MH/s at the network, which reduced the block times to c. 2 mins, but tailing off the hashrate did not reduce the difficulty... however based on this I imagine something in the region of 10 GH/s (10,000MH/s) would produce a 1 minute block time and if maintained would see us to block 145,000 in about a day and a half.

I think this is achievable through a collaborative effort, happy to direct my hash and rent a load extra if other people will help maintain the hashrate for a day and a half.

Current rental rates are roughly 0.4 BTC/GH/Day (also the amount you can earn if you didn't redirect your hash) ... so 10 GH for 1.5 days = 6 BTC... however if that returns the block rate to a block a minute, given a DGB value of 40 satoshis and a block size of 7,500 DGB ... the group should earn approx. 6.5 BTC in digibyte (A bargain if you believe in Digibyte!)

I would suggest organising a coordinated approach for Fri/Sat this week with the aim of hitting block 145,000 sometime on Sunday.

Anyone interested?
legendary
Activity: 1198
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Activity: 30
Yes I will try to update my p2pool node to accept Qubit and the other algos.

Hi there

Is anyone in Europe planning to have a Qubit P2Pool up and running before block 145000?

Updated DigiByte v3.0.1 P2P Mining Pools

-----------------------------
Scrypt Pools
E-Pool.net
French P2P
P2P SK Pool
Sha256  Pools
Birds Pool
Qubit Pools
Birds Pool
Skein Pools
Birds Pool
Groestl Pools
Birds Pool

Activity: 75
Alright, I got it working! Here's the Casheer Digibyte Acceptance thread. Please go and voice your support! This can be a huge step forward for DGB!

To quickly familiarize you, Casheer is a multi-currency, consumer-to-merchant payment platform. At the platform's core, this simply means; you can hold any currency you choose and you can pay any merchant with any currency you choose, regardless of whether that merchant accepts the currencies you hold or not.
For example: Let's say you hold bitcoins but a merchant you'd like to make a purchase from, only accepts USD. No problem. Simply send the USD equivalent of bitcoins and the payment will be automatically converted, confirmed and USD delivered to the merchant, in seconds.
Jump to: