Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1284. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
When gold bullion dealers announce they are going to stop accepting fiat currencies as payment by 2016, we have a pretty good idea of where things are headed with Digital Currencies Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/bullion-dealer-amagi-metals-stop-accepting-fiat-currency/

I think it's less of a statement about fiat currency and more of a statement about inflationary currency. The US Dollar has lost value over the years because the government thinks that inflation is the way to keep the economy running. They think that if the currency constantly loses value, people will be more prone to spend it instead of saving it. All that spending keeps the economy running.

I've always thought that without inflation that people will still need goods and services of all kinds, so would still need to spend their money (not hoard it), and the economy would all balance out. This is kinda what I like about most cryptocurrencies, they have a set amount of coins that will ever be produced. In theory, over time the price shouldn't change with respect to goods and services.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
When gold bullion dealers announce they are going to stop accepting fiat currencies as payment by 2016, we have a pretty good idea of where things are headed with Digital Currencies Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/bullion-dealer-amagi-metals-stop-accepting-fiat-currency/
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I think phase 4 in road map and
This will increased value fast and more investors will follow
 ---> Approach Bitpay & Coinbase about adding DigiByte as a payment system.
Approach/Pitch DigiByte to Overstock.com, TigerDirect.com and a few other large retailers.
Begin sending informative, easy to understand informational packets to politicians, regulators and financial industry leaders describing how DigiByte and crypto technology is beneficial.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Fantastic! Appreciate your follow up!

YC

I know I have repeated this before... but I would like to remind you again...

Introducing multi-algo will help anybody to mine DGB. That is great part of the story.
However, we have not really do much about the investors... Considering the total amount of coins (21 billions), the price of DGB may only go down unless some marketing or unique stuff would be done. My suggestions:

1) Once multi-algo is completely stabilized, we should create awareness of DGB to everybody in crypto-world with social media, videos, creative and unique methods.
2) Sometimes investors look at the total amount of coins and if that is too much, they just don't bother buying or following... DGB should change those thoughts.
3) Are we considering to set up a DGB foundation ?
4) Is there any news on the California dream ? Brick and mortar stores ? This type of stuff also will create awareness and boost DGB.
5) Please do not focus on only mining DGB. Allowing DGB be mined blindly and easily can only kill it in the long term.

I know DigiByte is aware of all these things, but I just wanted to remind and get an update on these things.
These were all my sincere suggestions. Can you also please share your thoughts on this matter within only constructive boundaries? Thank you.

I think this will explain some things,  when Digibyte follow this road map.  the max ammount will be needed in long term vision.
http://www.digibyte.co/digi-roadmap.

@jared/Digibyte team,
Yesterday i informed lazycoins about the update.
They send me a email this morning.

Dear 24,

We've now updated, thanks for the help

Your Lazycoins.com HelpDesk Team,
LazyCoins

Support Team

So we can Add this exchange also!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Introducing multi-algo will help anybody to mine DGB. That is great part of the story.
However, we have not really do much about the investors... Considering the total amount of coins (21 billions), the price of DGB may only go down unless some marketing or unique stuff would be done. My suggestions:

1) Once multi-algo is completely stabilized, we should create awareness of DGB to everybody in crypto-world with social media, videos, creative and unique methods.
2) Sometimes investors look at the total amount of coins and if that is too much, they just don't bother buying or following... DGB should change those thoughts.
4) Is there any news on the California dream ? Brick and mortar stores ? This type of stuff also will create awareness and boost DGB.
5) Please do not focus on only mining DGB. Allowing DGB be mined blindly and easily can only kill it in the long term.

I know DigiByte is aware of all these things, but I just wanted to remind and get an update on these things.
These were all my sincere suggestions. Can you also please share your thoughts on this matter within only constructive boundaries? Thank you.

I think this will explain some things,  when Digibyte follow this road map.  the max ammount will be needed in long term vision.
http://www.digibyte.co/digi-roadmap.

@jared/Digibyte team,
Yesterday i informed lazycoins about the update.
They send me a email this morning.

Dear 24,

We've now updated, thanks for the help

Your Lazycoins.com HelpDesk Team,
LazyCoins

Support Team

So we can Add this exchange also!
legendary
Activity: 840
My concern is that once people are able to mine, the sell pressure will be huge again.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Activity: 91
***** Scrypt algo *****
Based in Strasbourg (France)
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed
UPDATED TO DIGIBYTE v3.0.1
NEW : difficulty automatically adjusts for each miner (best for small miners)

Difficulty adjustment enables small miners to make more shares and to receive more regular payments.
LIMP2POOL node works with no problem since 2 months.

@Digibyte : Thank you for adding my node !

Found 17 blocks in the recent 7 days if Im not mistaken.
Activity: 30
***** Scrypt algo *****
Based in Strasbourg (France)
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed
UPDATED TO DIGIBYTE v3.0.1
NEW : difficulty automatically adjusts for each miner (best for small miners)

Difficulty adjustment enables small miners to make more shares and to receive more regular payments.
LIMP2POOL node works with no problem since 2 months.

@Digibyte : Thank you for adding my node !
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Wallet stuck at 3 hours behind, Do I need to create the digibyte.conf? If so, Where does this need to be? (appdata)?
legendary
Hi,

Just wondering what it will take to shift the blockchain along to block 145,000.

I threw 100's of MH/s at it tonight for a few hours and it barely made a dent (Got one block in 4 hours) ... in fact the difficulty seemed to rise to keep the blocks averaging every 30 mins.

If this is the case does that mean we would need to throw 10's of GH/s at it to get to block 145,000 in under a month??

Is there also a description of what caused this? (I looked in the thread but can't find a good explanation)

Thanks

NZ

Also concerned about this. Been mining on "v2.cryptopoolmining.com" for several hours with 25 MH/s no blocks, no earnings... FYI
It is best to slowly add hash to the network. When a sudden major increase in net hash occurs DigiShield responds right away. Our plan is starting this weekend to slowly start adding hash. We will announce when we do it. In the mean time feel free to throw your Scrypt hash at the network.
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...
Hi,

Just wondering what it will take to shift the blockchain along to block 145,000.

I threw 100's of MH/s at it tonight for a few hours and it barely made a dent (Got one block in 4 hours) ... in fact the difficulty seemed to rise to keep the blocks averaging every 30 mins.

If this is the case does that mean we would need to throw 10's of GH/s at it to get to block 145,000 in under a month??

Is there also a description of what caused this? (I looked in the thread but can't find a good explanation)

Thanks

NZ

Also concerned about this. Been mining on "v2.cryptopoolmining.com" for several hours with 25 MH/s no blocks, no earnings... FYI
Activity: 67
Hi,

Thanks

NZ
Good follow up! Jared, can you update the page that Cryptsy has the new wallet as well?

YC

Will do! Thanks for checking on this 24hr!

No problem.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DigiByte Founder
Good follow up! Jared, can you update the page that Cryptsy has the new wallet as well?

YC

Will do! Thanks for checking on this 24hr!
Activity: 924

YC

Great. Have they updated to the new DGB wallet?

YC

Had a little word with a networkadmin in cryptsy chat about the multi-algo update,

NetworkAdmin
@alttrade: message passed

Cryptsy wallet back online.  ✔
Yes, can anyone confirm Cryptsy updated their wallet?

Yesterday i talked with a admin. he passed the message.
This morning the wallet has been offline.(about 10 hours,no withdraw&deposit)
Now everything is looking fine,looking for a admin in the chat to confirm.

Confirmed,

Horus
@alttrade: Team said we upgraded about 4 hours ago Smiley

YC

Had a little word with a networkadmin in cryptsy chat about the multi-algo update,

NetworkAdmin

Confirmed,

Horus
@alttrade: Team said we upgraded about 4 hours ago Smiley

YC

NetworkAdmin

legendary

YC

NetworkAdmin

Jump to: