Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1298. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250
@DigiByte

What p2pool github can we use to have a multi-algo running ?
Does https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal is the one working ?

As I understand it, its not a p2pool in the link.
It's a centralized pool using local database to store shares mined by each miner, which get then payed out.

P2pool is a de-centralized network of p2pool nodes, which are interconnected, with peer to peer communication so miners can connect to any p2pool node, even hop between the nodes in the p2pool network, without loosing their shares. And p2pool is using PPLNS payout system.

So if i run a p2pool it would be only for one algo ? Or people would be able to mine any algo with the p2pool ?
It is possible to mine 5 different alogs on one pool. But you will need 5 instances of the wallet running, each set to a different algo with a different rpc port to mine on. NOMP is essentially a p2p pool that can handle this out of the box. https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal/
Thanks for fast response.
Do you have a link for all the rpc port and config informations for each algos for digibyte ?
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Anyone solo mining care to share their digibyte.conf file? I had this working previously but now can't seem to get it going....
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
@ Digibyte...  trying to solo mine Scrypt...  why does your digibyte.conf as listed on the first post contain an rpcport=14022 AND a port=12024? Also...  are the nodes as listed still correct?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
@DigiByte

It's a centralized pool using local database to store shares mined by each miner, which get then payed out.

P2pool is a de-centralized network of p2pool nodes, which are interconnected, with peer to peer communication so miners can connect to any p2pool node, even hop between the nodes in the p2pool network, without loosing their shares. And p2pool is using PPLNS payout system.

So if i run a p2pool it would be only for one algo ? Or people would be able to mine any algo with the p2pool ?
It is possible to mine 5 different alogs on one pool. But you will need 5 instances of the wallet running, each set to a different algo with a different rpc port to mine on. NOMP is essentially a p2p pool that can handle this out of the box. https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal/
@DigiByte

Activity: 393
@DigiByte

legendary
Can someone clear things up for me? Are people obtaining coins from mining on SHA 256 when they're not supposed to?
Essentially a couple people were able to mine a few block on the SHA algo. However since these coins are on a separate chain the existing network is rejecting them. The few people who did download 3.0.0 can see these blocks, but we are recompiling the wallet with a fix as we speak to v 3.0.1

We are implementing a checkpoint on the old chain that will invalidate all the SHA blocks. Stay tuned, and who ever is mining the SHA blocks please note they will be rejected by the old chain and will be invalid if you try and send them anywhere.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Can someone clear things up for me? Are people obtaining coins from mining on SHA 256 when they're not supposed to?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
v3.0.0
daemon would be crashed , when I try some rpc call

Code:
./digibyte-cli getinfo
error: no response from server

or
./digibyted getinfo
error: no response from server
legendary
Just got a reply from Cryptsy. I sent 1675449.00 DGB, but so far the deposit has not shown up and the address for the transaction is not listed. Going to wait for all the verifying to finish and then uninstall the wallet. Re-install fresh

It does appear that a fork has already emerged between new 3.0.0 wallets & the old chain. We pulled the 3.0.0 downloads until we get a lid on exactly what is going on.

It appears Sha256 is still active while the other algos are not * should not be mine-able until block 145,000. But since it is default backbone of the multi-algo code we are going to re-check our switch over code.

Please hold off on mining the sha256 code until we get a lid on it. We can implement a checkpoint on the old chain if need be.

Gotcha, Just did a fresh install >.< lol
Ok. Yeah we are going over the code again real quick. It does appear the normal chain is on block 141,663 while the 3.0.0 wallet is on block 141,988.

We will re-compile and release 3.0.1. Just keep your existing coins (pre-update) in your wallet and don't move them just yet.
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
Just got a reply from Cryptsy. I sent 1675449.00 DGB, but so far the deposit has not shown up and the address for the transaction is not listed. Going to wait for all the verifying to finish and then uninstall the wallet. Re-install fresh

It does appear that a fork has already emerged between new 3.0.0 wallets & the old chain. We pulled the 3.0.0 downloads until we get a lid on exactly what is going on.

It appears Sha256 is still active while the other algos are not * should not be mine-able until block 145,000. But since it is default backbone of the multi-algo code we are going to re-check our switch over code.

Please hold off on mining the sha256 code until we get a lid on it. We can implement a checkpoint on the old chain if need be.

Gotcha, Just did a fresh install >.< lol
legendary

@DigiByte

Or maybe i can just use my old p2pool setup with this config ?

rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=usr
rpcpassword=pass
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
algo=skein
algo=qubit
algo=groestl
algo=sha256d
algo=scrypt
addnode=192.168.0.11
legendary
Does the difficulty from now work as from the start?
Does that mean it did start from 0? That could restart the value of this coin on exchanges or nope?
The difficulty does not restart from 0, it will keep the existing Scrypt Difficulty. Each other algo will start at a lower diff & will quickly adjust as needed.
@DigiByte

legendary
Multi-Algo mining does not kick in until block 145,000. Until then the mining difficulties will still display in the client using "getinfo." The wallet defaults to "sha256" unless otherwise specified in the digibyte.conf file.

Example:

Code:
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=usr
rpcpassword=pass
server=1
daemon=1
txindex=1
debug=1
algo=scrypt
addnode=192.168.0.11

algo=skein
algo=qubit
algo=groestl
algo=sha256d
algo=scrypt
Hey all,
P2-pool Server has been updated to the new version. Have a try, server was up without interruption since 90 days Smiley.

Have a good mining.

Did you update just the wallet, or is there also a new p2pool source I can grab ?

Got a little issue with some lib+32bit system, trying to resolve it now.
Will come back when i find the solution.
Activity: 393
Hey all,
P2-pool Server has been updated to the new version. Have a try, server was up without interruption since 90 days Smiley.

Have a good mining.

Did you update just the wallet, or is there also a new p2pool source I can grab ?
Nice update Smiley
Has anyone successfully mined out a block and received payout using anything but scrypt? I know that Scyntech said he was mining using SHA256...
That's not part of the program, right? Tongue

As far as I can tell SHA256 is being used. That was one of the algo's during testing period.

Are the blocks being confirmed though?  What are the block numbers of the ones you are finding?

couple of screen shots
Jump to: