Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1301. (Read 3058812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
What makes this coin different? What makes you stand out?
We are all in this for the long haul & we have some exciting things in the works. Welcome to the DigiByte community! Smiley
legendary
Have just built new linux wallet from sources.

1. Compilation went without issues. Smiley
2. Connections found. Smiley
3. Synchronisation stuck at block 141 627. Sad

EDIT: Now trying to rebuild the blockchain...
Awesome! That is good to know! We are working on the OSX pkg as we speak. 141 627 is the most recent block, so all is good there. It has just been a few hours since the last block so it wont display "synced" yet with a check-mark. Thanks for the feedback!
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Have just built new linux wallet from sources.

1. Compilation went without issues. Smiley
2. Connections found. Smiley
3. Synchronisation stuck at block 141 627. Sad

EDIT: Now trying to rebuild the blockchain...
legendary
Why isn't this coin on bittrex? Would love to buy some over there this instant!
That is our next step once we get this update rolled out Smiley
Activity: 335
Why isn't this coin on bittrex? Would love to buy some over there this instant!
legendary
Introducing DigiByte v3.0.0 MultiAlgo

Before we release the OSX & Linux version as well as publicly announce the release we would appreciate a few beta testers on here to run the wallet through a couple send, receive, sync & solo mining tests. (Scrypt mining will be the only algo to mine until the others kick in at block 145,000)

As always make sure to back up your wallet.dat before upgrading! (File -> Backup Wallet -> Select location to save to)

If you see any typo's or other mistakes in the wallet please let us know! Thanks everyone!

Windows x32 bit
http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-3.0.0-win32-setup.exe

Windows x64 bit
http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-3.0.0-win64-setup.exe
Activity: 285

The software behind the coin (Digishield), the community (You can see it best on the forum topic!)

Digibyte has one of the most viewed threads on the altcoin announcements page. It's up there.
Its developers include bitcointate, who has been around for quite a while and has tons and tons of posts on the forum.

It has recently (Or is about to, depending on when you end up reading this!) launched multi-algo mining, which should give people more options than ever before when it comes to actually mining the coin.

It has continued to show itself as a leader, being involved with other coins including Nautiluscoin and Dogecoin... And the Devs are just friendly Smiley
Activity: 285
Can't wait to get DGB3 on my pc Grin

Once again, thanks for the hard work!
Activity: 420
We are compiling the final Windows v 3.0 release as we speak. We have ran it through several tests over the last 20 hours. We mined on all 5 algos for 12 hours and everything worked as expected.

The hard fork will occur at block 145,000. Once the software finishes compiling we will run it through a few quick sanity checks & then we will do a soft launch on here for a few hours before announcing it on social media. We can use all the testers and feedback we can get over the next few hours. Smiley

Thanks again everyone for your patience! We are now ready to enter the next stage in DigiBytes life!

This is EXCELLENT news!
As a holder of DGB since the initial launch, it's great to watch a truly great coin rise above the rest, innovate, and lead the field rather than follow the herd.
Stick with it guys, you've a strong community behind you....
"The future's bright, the future's Digibyte"
legendary
We are compiling the final Windows v 3.0 release as we speak. We have ran it through several tests over the last 20 hours. We mined on all 5 algos for 12 hours and everything worked as expected.

The hard fork will occur at block 145,000. Once the software finishes compiling we will run it through a few quick sanity checks & then we will do a soft launch on here for a few hours before announcing it on social media. We can use all the testers and feedback we can get over the next few hours. Smiley

Thanks again everyone for your patience! We are now ready to enter the next stage in DigiBytes life!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
12M buy order (42 satoshi) at Mintpal!

YC
I think you are going to see more consolidation and other P&D coins fall down. There will be a second set of leaders outside of BTC that more folks will be aware of and comfortable investing in (DGB as a prime example). I think it will be key for Jared and his team to continue developing the algo and release news that shows the upward growth of DGB.

YC

Been thinking the same thing. Litecoin is not doing any marketing and other coins are working hard to take advantage of this. I think it's worth reaching out to them and get more people involved in DGB.

Great insight!

YC

Litecoin is plummeting. I think it is time to advertise DGB for those who are leaving LTC.

I strongly believe DGB can replace LTC at some point. Compared to LTC, DGB will be much more stronger with the new algorithm.
Anybody here shares the same thought ?

Yes, already mentioned to a few from LTC. Lets see. Maybe the new algorithm should come sooner.
People jumping the LTC ship atm and will continue jumping out for some more time I think.

Anybody realized, all markets are doing pretty bad atm. Any particular reason for that ?
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Ok everyone! After two of us working almost 5 straight days we found the 1 little itty bitty line of code screwing everything up. We have all 5 algos mining away as expected on testnet and are going to run a few more tests to make sure. We feel very relieved! If all goes well we should get the update out tomorrow!

After the release, is there any chance you can go over the line of code and what it broke? I am trying to start to get into understanding how everything works at the code level and was curious as to what happened.
This could be one view:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitcoin-price-analysis-last-leg/2014/08/11

Been thinking the same thing. Litecoin is not doing any marketing and other coins are working hard to take advantage of this. I think it's worth reaching out to them and get more people involved in DGB.

Great insight!

YC

Litecoin is plummeting. I think it is time to advertise DGB for those who are leaving LTC.

I strongly believe DGB can replace LTC at some point. Compared to LTC, DGB will be much more stronger with the new algorithm.

Yes, already mentioned to a few from LTC. Lets see. Maybe the new algorithm should come sooner.
People jumping the LTC ship atm and will continue jumping out for some more time I think.

Anybody realized, all markets are doing pretty bad atm. Any particular reason for that ?
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Great insight!

YC

Great insight!

YC

Activity: 393

OK, we need insight explorer

https://github.com/bitpay/insight

its beautiful
Thank you for posting this! This looks cool, we are going to check it out more!

Hi DigiByte,

Perhaps I can help you there. I have already forked insight for Bitmark and you can simply copy and adapt the commits.

You will need to fork three repos: bitcore, insight, and insight-api from bitpay

You can find the same respective repos under our github, just check the commits for each and follow the same changes for your own currency.

We also posted two informative issues which may help
1. Informative: Running insight as a service with forever
2. Informative: Ubuntu 14.04 installation

This of course is to help and perhaps save you some time, not to say you can't do it.

Warm Regards,

Mark

Tried it already for another coin, and got stuck at GenesisBlock definition. Don't know where to get those information from. I saw some similar "variables" in the source of that specific coin, but they are specified as uint256 and not as hex.
And I am not a coder myself ;-/
Activity: 294
Bitmark Developer

its beautiful

Hi DigiByte,

Perhaps I can help you there. I have already forked insight for Bitmark and you can simply copy and adapt the commits.

You will need to fork three repos: bitcore, insight, and insight-api from bitpay

You can find the same respective repos under our github, just check the commits for each and follow the same changes for your own currency.

We also posted two informative issues which may help
1. Informative: Running insight as a service with forever
2. Informative: Ubuntu 14.04 installation

This of course is to help and perhaps save you some time, not to say you can't do it.

Warm Regards,

Mark

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

its beautiful

Wow, that's truly amazing news!  Quite new into Crypto Currency, didn't understand the others however "Digibyte" just makes sense!  The whole DigiPay, background development and forward thinking caught my attention.  Just need a Digi"bay" type of trading platform to buy and sell things for real with digibytes i feel.   I do believe though when the new Algo is released it should be important to make it more difficult overall to mine Digibyte, it makes no sense for it to suddenly become easier to mine, we shall have to wait and see though.... Will be keeping a close eye on this one for sure. 
Jump to: