Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1325. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Will we need a special miner ( or kernel )  for the new algorithm?  For instance, there is myriad-groestl for the Groestl algorithm, will there be a digibyte-groestl ?

Also, will the single pool handle every algorithm?  Or is there a separate pool for each algorithm. 

A special thanks to the DigiByte team, really looking forward to the new changes!

A single pool will be able to handle all algorithms. A separate miner will be required for every algorithm. We will release a detailed guide on how to mine and what is needed when we release the update.

We have 4/5 algos working properly but we are in the process of switching out Groestl. Groestl was working on the network but after a few days we have been un-able to get it to work correctly on a mining pool. We are swamping for Keccack to see if things will improve so we can get the update rolled out.

Stay tuned!

I followed the devs from Diamond Coin for quite awhile and when they changed their algo to Groestl they had a ton of issues with pool mining and I think in the end a special kernel was created for sgminer.    I am pretty sure it was problems with stratum since everyone could solo mine.  I think somewhere around page 34 on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.660 they talk about it, look for posts by Danbi, I think he helped with the kernel if I remember correctly.  It could all be totally different but if its sounding familiar check it out.

Hope it helps...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Will we need a special miner ( or kernel )  for the new algorithm?  For instance, there is myriad-groestl for the Groestl algorithm, will there be a digibyte-groestl ?

Also, will the single pool handle every algorithm?  Or is there a separate pool for each algorithm. 

A special thanks to the DigiByte team, really looking forward to the new changes!

A single pool will be able to handle all algorithms. A separate miner will be required for every algorithm. We will release a detailed guide on how to mine and what is needed when we release the update.

We have 4/5 algos working properly but we are in the process of switching out Groestl. Groestl was working on the network but after a few days we have been un-able to get it to work correctly on a mining pool. We are swamping for Keccack to see if things will improve so we can get the update rolled out.

Stay tuned!
legendary
@digibyte

what are the plans for nautliscoin?

do they also update to the new algo-ritme ?
Nautilus is switching to POS. They will not be implementing multi-algo.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,
 Thanks for the update. We appreciate your dedication and long term vision for DGB. I think folks are sleeping on this coin. Totally undervalued. Speaking of, looks like DGB is up 25%!!?

YC

how is Multi-Algo now ....
what's the dev plan?
To give everyone an update:

We have set the mining pool up to organize a large scale final test. We had planned on doing this last night but we are still experiencing an issue with 1 of the algos we are trying to work out. We hope to wrap this up today / tonight. Then we will do a 24 hour test which we will invite everyone to participate in. Then hopefully release the updated wallet by Saturday/ Sunday.

Then we we will have to give everyone a couple weeks to update before the specific block of the switch kicks in.
legendary
What is merged mining launch ETA?
We are not merge mining with any coin. We are updating to multi-algorithm mining.
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
Now im the owner of 750k DGB

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

wow ! that's allot coins !!,

we have just 156.94384296 DGB   Shocked   so be kind spend some to our project, its a good charity  Wink

see first link in signature

We thank you very much in advance for your precious support!

**** Your support is highly appreciated  ! *****
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Activity: 616
Merit: 321

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
yes i can confirm good pool fast coins ;-)

and remember our project guys ? see link in my signature ! we still accepting DigiByte DGB's !!

We thank you very much in advance for your precious support!

**** Your support is highly appreciated  ! *****

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Naut is doing its own thing, switching to POS so digishield wont be much of a factor
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
@digibyte

what are the plans for nautliscoin?

do they also update to the new algo-ritme ?
Activity: 155
VOTE FOR DIGIBYTE
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Activity: 285
I guess I should go pick up some DGB while they're still cheap Wink
Looking forward to this update, guys!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
What is merged mining launch ETA?
Activity: 146

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
Is digibyte represented on coinsummit london?
legendary
what's the dev plan?
To give everyone an update:

We have set the mining pool up to organize a large scale final test. We had planned on doing this last night but we are still experiencing an issue with 1 of the algos we are trying to work out. We hope to wrap this up today / tonight. Then we will do a 24 hour test which we will invite everyone to participate in. Then hopefully release the updated wallet by Saturday/ Sunday.

Then we we will have to give everyone a couple weeks to update before the specific block of the switch kicks in.
Activity: 335

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
Activity: 275
what's the dev plan?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Doge is not seing the same problem for two reasons. A) They implemented an additional filter. B) Their net hash is much hire. There was a change in 0.9.1 we were unaware of that calculates difficulty differently. This has caused Bitcoin block times to go down to 8 minutes, and our block times to be significantly longer.  We are still looking to see if any other code is effecting things.

Thanks Jared,
Could you point in the direction of the specific code for that additional filter by dogecoin?

Much appreciated.
Jump to: