Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1361. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins
Price increasing significantly. I wonder if there are people in the know already or the price jump is based purely on speculation.

It is not a speculation... DGB is showing the quality in an organic way... I think the new bottom is coming soon around 75 Satoshi. Then 100, then 150....... 1k Huh

This is completely false.

After reading Jared's announcement I decided to get back into DGB. I logged into Cryptsy at ~1am EST and decided I would take advantage of the low value of ~39.
I put in buy orders of between 35-37, forced the price down and bought 7,000,000 DBG.
While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.
Meanwhile on MintPal, the price was increasing dramatically from similar multiple small buy/sells. MintPal did not have the depth that Cryptsy does, mostly due to the BTC I threw at DGB.
This literally went on for hours while I purchased millions of coins.
This was obviously the work of bots and just who would throw thousands of dollars at me to buy cheap coins only to resell them hours later at a 70% profit?

This is anything but "organic".

[edit] Whomever it was, thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.

Think of GPUs as though they are people. That's your user base. The argument behind ASIC resistant is not to fight efficiency, rather it is to support a widely distributed user base. Everyone has a computer (well, not everyone, but you get the idea) and they are multitasking (that's why "everyone" has one). ASICs are specialized, and, by definition, your average man on the street will never have one (they can't do other practical things that the average man wants), and that means that you say goodbye to universal adoption, as in KYSGB.

Efficiency is good, but not at the cost of your widely distributed user base, that is if you want to survive.

Why do you think so much emphasis is being given to CPU mining by those energy efficient algos out there? Would it be that they're looking to be even more inclusive still?

And the anonymity bit, I mean, get off it. That will never fly long term. What regulator is going to allow that? And why wouldn't you want your name stamped on your money anyway? It's mine, and I want it to say so - especially if it's robbed so I can get it back (but that's another issue, for another day - we've got to take baby steps, one at a time  Wink ).

You are confusing user base with miner base I think. Not all users are interesting in mining, nor would a non technical person be able to mine with a CPU/gpu. ASICs on the other hand can be largely plug and play.

And I disagree on the efficiency point. I think it's very important for the longevity of Digibyte. There was the beginnings of a big backlash against bitcoin just before ASICs came to market due to the massive power usage & while their network still uses a huge amount of power it's certainly not as much as it would be with gpus. And CPU mining is just asking for a botnet attack if the coins value ever takes off enough for a hacker to think it worthwhile. 
Power efficiency encourages network growth, whereas the high electricity bill for gpus actually discourages it because miners need a much larger margin to make it worth their while. That margin is basically just waste (or extra money for fossil fuel burning power plants. Not very Eco friendly and not a good look IMO)

Also, pointing things out is good and very helpful. You did a good service there.  Trolling hard for pages at a time (even to the point where you said you're done and goodbye - then back a few posts later mind) is not a positive thing. If you really are part of this community please respectfully tone it down a bit. Thx.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

So many people don't understand this, it blows my mind. Gpus can only go so far, even with x11/qrk and the like.

Think of GPUs as though they are people. That's your user base. The argument behind ASIC resistant is not to fight efficiency, rather it is to support a widely distributed user base. Everyone has a computer (well, not everyone, but you get the idea) and they are multitasking (that's why "everyone" has one). ASICs are specialized, and, by definition, your average man on the street will never have one (they can't do other practical things that the average man wants), and that means that you say goodbye to universal adoption, as in KYSGB.

Efficiency is good, but not at the cost of your widely distributed user base, that is if you want to survive.

Why do you think so much emphasis is being given to CPU mining by those energy efficient algos out there? Would it be that they're looking to be even more inclusive still?

And the anonymity bit, I mean, get off it. That will never fly long term. What regulator is going to allow that? And why wouldn't you want your name stamped on your money anyway? It's mine, and I want it to say so - especially if it's robbed so I can get it back (but that's another issue, for another day - we've got to take baby steps, one at a time  Wink ).

AHH AHH AHH in the 1900's Oil lamp users had a HUGE user base...20 yrs later, not many ppl used em. In 1900 flying from point A to point B was impossible.. now you cant look up w/o seeing an airplane almost. 15 Years ago, talking on a phone in your car was a pipe dream.. now we have them in our pockets. Do not discount technology ever. This IS business, not some get rich quick scheeme.
How the hell are oil lamps and planes related to cryptocoin hashing? You compare apples and oranges, seriously.  Roll Eyes

Easily.. technological improvements. DGB has practically HANDED coins in ABUNDANCE to gpu miners for 5+ months, that is what I call 'SUPPORTING THE USER BASE', times change, technology improves, and the WISE miner will have ALL technologies to mine, the get rich quick , tin foil hat people will sit and wait and wait and hope and hope..meanwhile the DEV is out there, in the real world trying to make things happen for the benifit of all interested for tomorrow. In many cases scrypt asics are cheaper to buy than GPU's if you look @ it in a MH pr/dollar  or even MH pr/kwh basis.
Amen. We realize the relationships we are cementing right now and connections being made in this deal are going to benifit DigiByte long term and the entire Crypto world. But more importantly help advance dectralized banking in order to put it in the hands of the masses and change the world for the better.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
DGB is often top coi nto mine lately. still raising!
Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Scrypt ASICs may be available at less than the cost of many GPUs these days, but as an equipment investment, the option to sell off Scrypt ASICs is limited due to the market for them being extremely niched.

ASICs as far as price and availability goes is a hit and miss from my observation over time - resulting in considerable risk. If you get one at the right time, maybe your successful...

I'm glad I invested in GPUs honestly. I've been able to learn about cryptos. I've avoided over-capitalizing, I've made a little money, and I still have the option of selling the GPUs on to the gamers market.

As an OEM builder with previous corporate connections to AMD, I never overclocked GPUs for faster hash rates. Instead I focused on drivers, code and parameter optimization while running hardware at 80% load to make the difference in performance. Operating expense cost for the hashing has been offset by using Solar.

I lot of people have been screwed waiting for ASICs!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
AHH AHH AHH in the 1900's Oil lamp users had a HUGE user base...20 yrs later, not many ppl used em. In 1900 flying from point A to point B was impossible.. now you cant look up w/o seeing an airplane almost. 15 Years ago, talking on a phone in your car was a pipe dream.. now we have them in our pockets. Do not discount technology ever. This IS business, not some get rich quick scheeme.
How the hell are oil lamps and planes related to cryptocoin hashing? You compare apples and oranges, seriously.  Roll Eyes
Easily.. technological improvements. DGB has practically HANDED coins in ABUNDANCE to gpu miners for 5+ months, that is what I call 'SUPPORTING THE USER BASE', times change, technology improves, and the WISE miner will have ALL technologies to mine, the get rich quick , tin foil hat people will sit and wait and wait and hope and hope..meanwhile the DEV is out there, in the real world trying to make things happen for the benifit of all interested for tomorrow. In many cases scrypt asics are cheaper to buy than GPU's if you look @ it in a MH pr/dollar  or even MH pr/kwh basis.

You, as many people, are making a primary mistake in your understanding of the issue.

More Hash !== More Security.

More Distributed Hash == More Security.

Doesn't matter what the total hash is; the comparison is about Proportion, not magnitude.

The concern with A.S.I.C. resistance is about keeping a network distributed.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
Activity: 196

Activity: 421
Merit: 250
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

Activity: 196

legendary
If Bitcoin had just experienced the same dramatic increase in hash rate all at once it could take a month to find the next block. DigiShield is working!
legendary
HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
I'm glad DGB has DigiShield. Otherwise one block would take a couple of days after such hashing spike.

With growing popularity more hashing power is coming automatically. However, hashing power alone is no indicator for safety. More important is the delta of hashrate of best mining hardware and average distributed hardware. So ASIC coins are more centralized and therefore I like CPU/GPU only coins more in terms of safety and fairness.
Activity: 168

We absolutely agree, everything can be fixed. Block times right now are the result of a massive influx of multi-pool hash that left to almost nothing. We were hit by almost every multi-pool all at once. This would kill off most other coins before DigiShield as it could take weeks to find the next block.

Can you check if the amount of coins generated over the months equals roughly what is expected with the algorithm and 60 seconds confirmation time?
It looks much lesser than it should be.
legendary
1000+ physical retail stores?

Many people have said this before on this thread: with what? With a $583,662 market cap? (Based on theoretical coin supply and not the real coin supply after factoring in the block discovery issue.) http://coinmarketcap.com/ Who's going to fund those purchases and with what?  And that's not to mention a totally erratic confirm that can last up to more than an hour. Does that sound like something read to go primetime?

Give me a break. Got to get the coin right first.

The market cap at this point doesn't matter. Why would it? Please explain.

Confirm times right now does not matter, if there is a problem it's nothing that can't be fixed. It's not some kind of a fundamental problem you're making it out to be.
We absolutely agree, everything can be fixed. Block times right now are the result of a massive influx of multi-pool hash that left to almost nothing. We were hit by almost every multi-pool all at once. This would kill off most other coins before DigiShield as it could take weeks to find the next block.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
1000+ physical retail stores?

Many people have said this before on this thread: with what? With a $583,662 market cap? (Based on theoretical coin supply and not the real coin supply after factoring in the block discovery issue.) http://coinmarketcap.com/ Who's going to fund those purchases and with what?  And that's not to mention a totally erratic confirm that can last up to more than an hour. Does that sound like something read to go primetime?

Give me a break. Got to get the coin right first.

The market cap at this point doesn't matter. Why would it? Please explain.

Confirm times right now does not matter, if there is a problem it's nothing that can't be fixed. It's not some kind of a fundamental problem you're making it out to be.
legendary

The initial post someone made was taking data from a pool not the block chain. We are booting up a laptop to look at the blockchain. 

The first time I mentioned it was here (check out the time stamp) - with no response.

I'm curious. With DBG stuck on block 131993 for over an hour and a half now, I started looking at the block chain and I noticed that it's been taking progressively longer to find blocks, with only an average of 10.66 blocks found per hour over the last 24 hours.

Only an average of 19.25 blocks found per hour over the last 5 days?

I've quickly searched a bit, but I haven't found anything on this. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Add: 131994 was just found - just under 2 hours between blocks!

The second time was here - again, no response.

Reasonable expectations are an extremely important part of, if not perhaps even the most important aspect of, any endeavor, but equally so is the window of opportunity for its implementation.

Fear of making a mistake can paralyze projects, leading to over cautiousness and missed opportunities, while unconscious brazenness can lead to almost certain short term disaster. It's a balancing act that normally plays out over a considerable amount of time, and even then it's tough to get right. Accelerate things by a factor of 10, and we might begin to just begin to get an idea as to how much more difficult that balancing act will be within the present context.

I think I understand both sides of this highly charged issue. An algo change is not an overnight venture (unless it is stop-gap, cut and paste, and, as we know, that Digibyte is not), but the urgency felt by many is also well worth noting – the rate at which cryptocurrencies are evolving is increasing exponentially and I too share the worry that it will come too late. There's nothing like a great idea ahead of its time that gets beaten out by someone else who is quicker to bring it to market. Nothing like a good product that's too late! I mentioned earlier how an average of only 10.66 blocks were being found per hour over the last 24 hours, and 19.25 per hour over the last 5 days, and I'm not exactly sure what that is due to, but if it has anything to do with a dwindling of the widely distributed user base and an increase in ASIC mining, that would not be a good sign for time being on DGB's side (either way, there's obviously something wrong with that output for a 60 second coin, and very disconcerting considering that mining is the foundation that everything else rests on at this time . . . perhaps it's another completely unrelated issue to further complicate things . . .).

In any event, along with 'getting it right', I think we can probably also all agree that time is of the essence and there's no time to waste! We've got a supersonic balancing act on our hands and all eyes are on the Dev team. If English bookmakers were to place bets on this, I'd bet that the bet would be: “can they do it in time?” (Just to add a bit of "big game" pressure to the mix while we're at it.  Wink )

I want to wish the Dev team the best of luck with this very stressful 24/7 project you have on your hands, and to also thank you for keeping us up-to-date and in-the-loop. Rest assured that you can count on my/our help with testing and whatever else I/we might be able to do. Here's to getting a great job done in time!

The third was last night - quoted here within your response, and as you an see, there was no mention of anything other that DBG blockchain data in any of my posts.

As of 2014-06-02 21:03:42

Last 24 hours: only 410 blocks found of a supposed 1440 theoretical programed 60 second blocks.

Previous 24 hours: only 280 blocks found

Previous 24 hours: only 166 blocks found

What would be the explanation for this?

In order to be competitive with ASIS resistant coins (and the few still competitive scrypt coins), on a relative profitability basis, actually mining the coin, DGB would have to be valued at around 120 satoshi, and that, of course, is based on a 60 second block find basic assumption. With blocks being found at only around 1/4 of the rate of what should be the case . . . well, I'll let you all do the math. Blockchain Explorer: http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

Something is very wrong with this picture.

This information is coming from 1 mining pool. Not the entire DigiByte network.

HR. Thank you for posting this. Did not catch most of these posts. We have been really really busy with 10 different things.. Both of us are analyzing the issue right now. It appears DigiBytes own popularity is  now causing some new issues with multipools.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

From day one we have not deleted a single post nor will we. The initial post someone made was taking data from a pool not the block chain. We are booting up a laptop to look at the blockchain.  Not sure why you are trolling so hard. We are doing are best to make something happen for DigiByte here. And we are well on are way to making that happen right now. Will reply shortly with more blockchain info.

The first time I mentioned it was here (check out the time stamp) - with no response.

I'm curious. With DBG stuck on block 131993 for over an hour and a half now, I started looking at the block chain and I noticed that it's been taking progressively longer to find blocks, with only an average of 10.66 blocks found per hour over the last 24 hours.

Only an average of 19.25 blocks found per hour over the last 5 days?

I've quickly searched a bit, but I haven't found anything on this. Forgive me if I've missed it.

Add: 131994 was just found - just under 2 hours between blocks!

The second time was here - again, no response.

Reasonable expectations are an extremely important part of, if not perhaps even the most important aspect of, any endeavor, but equally so is the window of opportunity for its implementation.

Fear of making a mistake can paralyze projects, leading to over cautiousness and missed opportunities, while unconscious brazenness can lead to almost certain short term disaster. It's a balancing act that normally plays out over a considerable amount of time, and even then it's tough to get right. Accelerate things by a factor of 10, and we might begin to just begin to get an idea as to how much more difficult that balancing act will be within the present context.

I think I understand both sides of this highly charged issue. An algo change is not an overnight venture (unless it is stop-gap, cut and paste, and, as we know, that Digibyte is not), but the urgency felt by many is also well worth noting – the rate at which cryptocurrencies are evolving is increasing exponentially and I too share the worry that it will come too late. There's nothing like a great idea ahead of its time that gets beaten out by someone else who is quicker to bring it to market. Nothing like a good product that's too late! I mentioned earlier how an average of only 10.66 blocks were being found per hour over the last 24 hours, and 19.25 per hour over the last 5 days, and I'm not exactly sure what that is due to, but if it has anything to do with a dwindling of the widely distributed user base and an increase in ASIC mining, that would not be a good sign for time being on DGB's side (either way, there's obviously something wrong with that output for a 60 second coin, and very disconcerting considering that mining is the foundation that everything else rests on at this time . . . perhaps it's another completely unrelated issue to further complicate things . . .).

In any event, along with 'getting it right', I think we can probably also all agree that time is of the essence and there's no time to waste! We've got a supersonic balancing act on our hands and all eyes are on the Dev team. If English bookmakers were to place bets on this, I'd bet that the bet would be: “can they do it in time?” (Just to add a bit of "big game" pressure to the mix while we're at it.  Wink )

I want to wish the Dev team the best of luck with this very stressful 24/7 project you have on your hands, and to also thank you for keeping us up-to-date and in-the-loop. Rest assured that you can count on my/our help with testing and whatever else I/we might be able to do. Here's to getting a great job done in time!

The third was last night - quoted here within your response, and as you an see, there was no mention of anything other that DBG blockchain data in any of my posts.

As of 2014-06-02 21:03:42

Last 24 hours: only 410 blocks found of a supposed 1440 theoretical programed 60 second blocks.

Previous 24 hours: only 280 blocks found

Previous 24 hours: only 166 blocks found

What would be the explanation for this?

In order to be competitive with ASIS resistant coins (and the few still competitive scrypt coins), on a relative profitability basis, actually mining the coin, DGB would have to be valued at around 120 satoshi, and that, of course, is based on a 60 second block find basic assumption. With blocks being found at only around 1/4 of the rate of what should be the case . . . well, I'll let you all do the math. Blockchain Explorer: http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

Something is very wrong with this picture.

This information is coming from 1 mining pool. Not the entire DigiByte network.

Add:

And what I said here still stands:

...and other obvious issues like the nagging question as to how the Dev team could possibly be unaware of the blocks solved issue . . . and if they were, well, I don't know if that's not even worse ...

And you say you're booting up a laptop? And you really want to consider my postings "trolling"?

It's late over here, and I'm headed to bed.

Again, I've got to respect you for dealing with my comments and opinions head on.

Best regards

Jump to: