Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1357. (Read 3058812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
In your opinion what does #DigiByte need right now to become on of the top five coins in the crypto economy?

I think that we need to decide who to market it to, Merchants or Users. Either one will do because if there is demand Merchants will adopt it. If Merchants make it available, more potential Users will see that & investigate what it is.

For Merchants:
- More user friendly blockchain analysis tools, to be able to gain info on who is buying what, when, what other products that user is buying etc.

- A way of selling/redeeming larger quantities of DGB into fiat without affecting the market price & driving the price down on themselves when converting (increased trading vol would solve this)

- A lite-wallet or Merchant oriented online wallet (similar to exchange) so that non-tech minded Merchants can use it w/out downloading the blockchain and/or worry about which exchange is safe to use etc. A service like Bitpay would be ideal. Basically we have to remove the requirement for Merchants to be tech-minded.

For Users:
- Anonymity. I don't want stores to be able to analyze my habits so easily to be honest. If wallets are identified as belonging to certain merchants then entire spending histories are out there to be seen. There are several companies now doing big data analysis on btc spending habits in order to sell user info to merchants. If Digibyte is to be a POS solution then this is something to be aware of/address moving forward IMHO.

- An easy way to spend on the go. This is a tough one, but the Android wallet is a good start. Apple have said they will allowed "approved digital currencies" which makes it sound like the choice of which they allow is up to them. Also, I wonder what will happen if Apple change their minds in the future & suddenly disable a wallet app. Would there be any way to recover those lost coins?

- Historically, increased DGB trading volume always pushes up DGB price. 2000BTC /day is not realistic, but perhaps 100BTC /day is. I believe (just opinion) that 100 Satoshis is a big psychological barrier. Since we came down from 300 I believe the big pushes have always stopped in the 90s. Getting back up over 100 may be the thing we need for people to realize DGB's potential and try holding more rather than just speculating.

As for becoming a top 5 coin, the price jump this week temporarily pushed us up to a $650,000 market cap. That would've put us in 38th spot on coinmarketcap (currently 53). I would like to see us hit a $1.000.000 cap again, I think it's a good medium term target & would give us appeal to both people in the crypto world as well as Merchants.

Not all of my ideas above will be possible (some are opposite like the anonymity vs analysis thing) but personally I would like to see some degree of anonymity given that DGB is supposed to be a POS solution. For big ticket items I can't say I mind because that is exactly what credit card companies do now, but I don't want to worry about having my spending habits analyzed when I'm out buying milk, or shopping online. Merchants can't analyze cash, so they shouldn't be able to analyze DGB users either. (although as above there is a relatively strong case for the opposite).

In one breath you say: "For Merchants:
- More user friendly blockchain analysis tools, to be able to gain info on who is buying what,"

In another breath you say: For Users:
- Anonymity. I don't want stores to be able to analyze my habits so easily to be honest.

Are you on drugs?

You might want to read things properly before making silly comments like that in the future.  Ideas are ideas, and I had taken the dev's original question as a request for brainstorming rather than just one-sided opinion Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
In your opinion what does #DigiByte need right now to become on of the top five coins in the crypto economy?

I think that we need to decide who to market it to, Merchants or Users. Either one will do because if there is demand Merchants will adopt it. If Merchants make it available, more potential Users will see that & investigate what it is.

For Merchants:
- More user friendly blockchain analysis tools, to be able to gain info on who is buying what, when, what other products that user is buying etc.

- A way of selling/redeeming larger quantities of DGB into fiat without affecting the market price & driving the price down on themselves when converting (increased trading vol would solve this)

- A lite-wallet or Merchant oriented online wallet (similar to exchange) so that non-tech minded Merchants can use it w/out downloading the blockchain and/or worry about which exchange is safe to use etc. A service like Bitpay would be ideal. Basically we have to remove the requirement for Merchants to be tech-minded.

For Users:
- Anonymity. I don't want stores to be able to analyze my habits so easily to be honest. If wallets are identified as belonging to certain merchants then entire spending histories are out there to be seen. There are several companies now doing big data analysis on btc spending habits in order to sell user info to merchants. If Digibyte is to be a POS solution then this is something to be aware of/address moving forward IMHO.

- An easy way to spend on the go. This is a tough one, but the Android wallet is a good start. Apple have said they will allowed "approved digital currencies" which makes it sound like the choice of which they allow is up to them. Also, I wonder what will happen if Apple change their minds in the future & suddenly disable a wallet app. Would there be any way to recover those lost coins?

- Historically, increased DGB trading volume always pushes up DGB price. 2000BTC /day is not realistic, but perhaps 100BTC /day is. I believe (just opinion) that 100 Satoshis is a big psychological barrier. Since we came down from 300 I believe the big pushes have always stopped in the 90s. Getting back up over 100 may be the thing we need for people to realize DGB's potential and try holding more rather than just speculating.

As for becoming a top 5 coin, the price jump this week temporarily pushed us up to a $650,000 market cap. That would've put us in 38th spot on coinmarketcap (currently 53). I would like to see us hit a $1.000.000 cap again, I think it's a good medium term target & would give us appeal to both people in the crypto world as well as Merchants.

Not all of my ideas above will be possible (some are opposite like the anonymity vs analysis thing) but personally I would like to see some degree of anonymity given that DGB is supposed to be a POS solution. For big ticket items I can't say I mind because that is exactly what credit card companies do now, but I don't want to worry about having my spending habits analyzed when I'm out buying milk, or shopping online. Merchants can't analyze cash, so they shouldn't be able to analyze DGB users either. (although as above there is a relatively strong case for the opposite).

In one breath you say: "For Merchants:
- More user friendly blockchain analysis tools, to be able to gain info on who is buying what,"

In another breath you say: For Users:
- Anonymity. I don't want stores to be able to analyze my habits so easily to be honest.

Are you on drugs?
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

For Merchants:

For Users:

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Large buy orders on Mintpal. Interesting...

Hope it's not just a random pump and dump cause of the multi-algo news.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Large buy orders on Mintpal. Interesting...

Activity: 924
1.More liquidity and volume.

2.Viral marketing

3.Large retailer and merchant adoption

4.Major investor to provide infrastructure capacity

I would still like to understand the supply of coins and overall benefit with a large amount of 21B. Has this been discussed with the dev team and are there any cons to it?

YC

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Looks good, finally someone who at least puts some time down on a coin!

Now as long as you don't fuck up the release this coin will have a future!

Hah, found an old post of mine, nice to see how long this coin has been alive and doing well! Good luck with all future plans, devteam. Smiley
Thank you! Smiley
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Looks good, finally someone who at least puts some time down on a coin!

Now as long as you don't fuck up the release this coin will have a future!

Hah, found an old post of mine, nice to see how long this coin has been alive and doing well! Good luck with all future plans, devteam. Smiley
legendary
Our goal is to reach over 5,000 followers on social media sites in the next two weeks! Share DigiByte with everyone you know and lets keep DigiByte growing! DigiByte to the moon!

Activity: 756

Post some anonymous update, you will get it pumped straight away all over the place Cheesy
Activity: 421
Merit: 250

2000+ BTC Volume.
legendary
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy assassins
Price increasing significantly. I wonder if there are people in the know already or the price jump is based purely on speculation.

It is not a speculation... DGB is showing the quality in an organic way... I think the new bottom is coming soon around 75 Satoshi. Then 100, then 150....... 1k Huh

This is completely false.

After reading Jared's announcement I decided to get back into DGB. I logged into Cryptsy at ~1am EST and decided I would take advantage of the low value of ~39.
I put in buy orders of between 35-37, forced the price down and bought 7,000,000 DBG.
While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.
Meanwhile on MintPal, the price was increasing dramatically from similar multiple small buy/sells. MintPal did not have the depth that Cryptsy does, mostly due to the BTC I threw at DGB.
This literally went on for hours while I purchased millions of coins.
This was obviously the work of bots and just who would throw thousands of dollars at me to buy cheap coins only to resell them hours later at a 70% profit?

This is anything but "organic".

[edit] Whomever it was, thank you!

As another user said that is likely just a multipool.  The Block reward is 7724 so when they find a block they automatically sell for the lowest buy price.

I'm going to have to call 'Shenanigans' on this.

Do multipools buy?

I'd still like to see where the "organic" growth is located.

[edit] Someone is clearly using the block reward amount as a means to hide heavy manipulation. And as you can see, I'm not sure how 2844 and many other, seemingly, random amounts are consistently used without anyone else noticing.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
The total amount of coins is too much.... 21 billions coin....

Comparison: NXTcoin has 1 billions and they have the best community and active DEVs, lot of applications and developments going on.
The price of NXT has been steady around 0.00005 for a very long time and currently they are around 0.00013. So this is the best case (Assuming all DGB's mined) !
I am not counting other pluses for NXT.

Simply divide 0.00013/21 = 0.00000619047 ($0.004031), then approximately that is the best, ever best that can be achieved by DGB, where DGB must have active developments, community, etc... as NXT....

I do think, at the very moment, 1DGB=1$ is a very impossible dream. However, hope does not cost anything.

Suggestion: Lowering the total supply to 5 Billions will do a good job, but to reach even 0.1$ dream, total supply should have been 800,000,000 (Too late, I think).

Good luck to DigiByte. I really want to see this coin achieving a lot of things, more than NXT did.

Less coins doesn't mean higher value, it all depends on adoption and strong hand does help..  Here at DGB we sell like crazy after each pump :-/

I don't agree, or lets say partially agree.
Less coin mostly means higher values even it does have no SUPPORT.. Look at Astrocoin Smiley

If you have many billions of coin, then naturally it is open to dumps easily, the price goes down bad... that is also your point.

What you say is true, but the real key is to capture more people & bring them into the Digibyte world too. If that happened it would allow the best of both worlds because you do need sellers as well as buyers.
I remember the old days on coinmarket & it was actually hard to buy at times because people only sold a few hundred at each price level. To buy a few hundred thousand you'd have needed to pump the price up 20% or so which is just crazy.
If the news Digibyte is talking about this week can bring in a few dozen new people it might create a bit of momentum for us & give us the kick we need to get back up over 100 Satoshis

Yes, totally agreed. That is why NXT is now in a very good position. Despite the 1 billions of coin, they saw 0.00014 today which is ever the highest moment.
And people keep holding coz they are aware great things are happening. We should really follow their way of doing things. The NXT community and foundation are amazing.

I think DGB can do better than that once we sort out things.
Activity: 166

[DigiByte ("DGB") Website ("www.DigiByte.co") Bottom Page Footer Mining Pool Links Check - 5 June 2014]
===============================================================================

The following mining pools linked to the www.DigiByte.co website (on the bottom footer) are working:

More Coins Pool
Cryptomining Pool
Blazing Hashes
Dedicated Pool
Coinium Pool
Lucky Miners Pool
Mining Pool Co
Coin Mine Pool
Palmetto Miners

A couple of the links on the www.DigiByte.co website (on the bottom footer) are 'NOT' working:

Get-By Pool | http://dgb2.get-by.com/index.php = website down.
Digiforce Pool | http://digiforce.cc/ = website down.
Leet Pools Mining | http://digibyte.leetpools.com/ = Payouts Disabled and ZERO hashrate.
Hash.so Pool | https://dgb.hash.so/ = website down.
Mining Man Pool | http://dgb.mining-man.com/ = website down.

In the interests of progress, would it be a good idea to update this list and remove the broken links?

portdavenport Wink
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Do we have anyone with an inside track at zynga or king (candy crush) so that we could get digibyte added as an in game currency. That would be a big win and a coin like DGB, with over 1bil coins around would be great for that.

We had this discussion a couple months ago and at least at that time, we couldn't come up with any. There are a few of us with media connections though, so if digibyte did get picked up, we could get it on mainstream gaming websites.
Activity: 186
With Apple now allowing Crypto apps we will begin work on a DigiByte iPhone app. If someone would like to help us tackle this beast we could use the help!

Do we have anyone with an inside track at zynga or king (candy crush) so that we could get digibyte added as an in game currency. That would be a big win and a coin like DGB, with over 1bil coins around would be great for that.

Activity: 153
Digibyte is in my book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative".  Here is first draft of IFC:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7131241

Digibyte will look similar to this.  Coin specifications, history, exchanges and other miscellaneous details will be included.  Please help fund the publication of this book which I plan to publish this summer.  

D67VAXEdH1viVMoCJGcwn8tZKoRn4hT54y

Thats nice.  Smiley
Jump to: