Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1360. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Silly question: Wallet is not fully synched. Could it be because I am using an older version?

YC
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
DGB is often top coi nto mine lately. still raising!

yes It will improve
Let me see
Waiting for better tomorrow
 Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
"People just don't understand the concept of longterm.".

For a long time?
How long is long?
Do we really lack of patience
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Price increasing significantly. I wonder if there are people in the know already or the price jump is based purely on speculation.

It is not a speculation... DGB is showing the quality in an organic way... I think the new bottom is coming soon around 75 Satoshi. Then 100, then 150....... 1k Huh

This is completely false.

After reading Jared's announcement I decided to get back into DGB. I logged into Cryptsy at ~1am EST and decided I would take advantage of the low value of ~39.
I put in buy orders of between 35-37, forced the price down and bought 7,000,000 DBG.
While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.
Meanwhile on MintPal, the price was increasing dramatically from similar multiple small buy/sells. MintPal did not have the depth that Cryptsy does, mostly due to the BTC I threw at DGB.
This literally went on for hours while I purchased millions of coins.
This was obviously the work of bots and just who would throw thousands of dollars at me to buy cheap coins only to resell them hours later at a 70% profit?

This is anything but "organic".

[edit] Whomever it was, thank you!

As another user said that is likely just a multipool.  The Block reward is 7724 so when they find a block they automatically sell for the lowest buy price.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Price went back down to 48, so perfect time to buy. Smiley

YC

Brick & mortar refers to a physical retail store not a specific company or chain. We are in LA working on a deal to get DigiByte accepted in 1000+ physical retail stores.

How is the deal going? Looking forward to further updates and scooping up more coins. Wink

Agreed. With recent trends I feel nervous about letting the price drop back too far without buying back in. At some stage there will be enough of a push to get us over 100 & after that I don't think it will come back so far, 100 is kind of a psychological barrier.
Activity: 924
Price went back down to 48, so perfect time to buy. Smiley

YC

Brick & mortar refers to a physical retail store not a specific company or chain. We are in LA working on a deal to get DigiByte accepted in 1000+ physical retail stores.

How is the deal going? Looking forward to further updates and scooping up more coins. Wink
legendary
By the way.. Anyone who is reading this. Look up the "HR" account post history and you will quickly find which coin Dev it belongs to. It is sad they don't have better things to do with their time. Like actual development work. Now we are getting back to work.

That's sad I'm a dev and troll other coins threads

FIFY

That's even worse. Adding words to a quote = fraud.

You guys are now clearly showing your cards.

Now let's see if you go back and edit it out. (All original posts are safeguarded on the BitCoinTalk servers, if anyone would ever want to know.)

Nothing more need to be said on this subject. It's all been said, and it's all there for everyone to evaluate.

Best of luck to you.

lol, noob troll ^^;  why would i ever want to edit that?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FIFY

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Activity: 966
Nothing more need to be said on this subject. It's all been said, and it's all there for everyone to evaluate.

Agreed. Glad it's all been solved and we can move on.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
By the way.. Anyone who is reading this. Look up the "HR" account post history and you will quickly find which coin Dev it belongs to. It is sad they don't have better things to do with their time. Like actual development work. Now we are getting back to work.

FIFY

That's even worse. Adding words to a quote = fraud.

You guys are now clearly showing your cards.

Now let's see if you go back and edit it out. (All original posts are safeguarded on the BitCoinTalk servers, if anyone would ever want to know.)

Best of luck to you.

legendary
Activity: 840
"People just don't understand the concept of longterm.".

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
DigiBye has now become a victim of its own success. Despite our integrity, our transparency and our contributions to the entire crypto currency community there are those who wish to maliciously attack us for their own person gain.

The current block times with multipools are a testimate to that. Had this happened to another coin or Bitcoin in the same proportions months could pass before the next block is found.

Crypto currency is an ever evolving market and field that is changing at an unprecedented pace. We will continue to adapt, improvise and overcome.

They key is to keep things in perspective. We see the light at the end of the tunnel. A brighter future will emerge for all of us. We can stand and work together or we can hang seperatly.
Activity: 966
The clear identification of a very serious issue is not a positive contribution?

You would prefer that the issue be ignored? Would that be positive to you?
(Along with all the questions regarding why it has been ignored and why you still want it to be ignored?)

If you haven't noticed, they are being very busy with other things right now, things that could help us all 1000x more than fixing a block time issue.

If there is an issue, it will be found, and it will be fixed, don't worry about it, it's just a small technical matter.

I understand that as a miner the block time is the most important thing to you, but for the rest 99.99%, it is not.

(Removed the large font bolding because shouting doesn't make the content any stronger.)
legendary

FIFY
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

That's sad.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

It is quite entertaining. Do you have any solutions to offer for any of the problems facing Cryptocurrency right now? Are you ready to help improve things for everyone or are you in this for yourself?

If you are not happy with DigiByte or you have nothing to contribute in a positive manner or anything better to do with your time... Move on. Go attack another coin and spread fud there.

The clear identification of a very serious issue is not a positive contribution?

You would prefer that the issue be ignored? Would that be positive to you?

(Along with all the questions regarding why it has been ignored and why you still want it to be ignored?)

legendary
legendary

everything can be fixed

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Especially when the starting point is cut and paste, misleading, diversionary replies like this:

HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!

To extremely specific and concise technical issues like this:

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

I repeat: The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

• How would the issue progressively get worse if the number of multipools in existence is same as back then but with less than 50% the hashrate they had back then?
  • Why wouldn't you look at a DigiShield-ASIC incompatibility thesis since the only thing that has also grown progressively since that date is the use of ASIC?
  • To sum things up, why wouldn't you get serious with really troubleshooting the issue?
  • And why were you not aware of the issue before now? (Why wasn't anyone aware of the issue?)
  • Isn't this your coin that you intimately know? Don't you take responsibility for it?

Do I need to open a support ticket at Craptsy?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We've also been talking a bit about this on the "Whattomine - profitability website with basic api" thread (. . . if you're looking for troubleshooting and controlled testing ideas . . . my time is limited to being a contributor, not a Dev, and not even a full time hobbyist - anyone doing testing/troubleshooting, please post your hard data and initial assumptions).
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7106535

Would you like to help us improve DigiByte? Or are you going to continue your negative trolling campaign indefinetly?

It is quite entertaining. Do you have any solutions to offer for any of the problems facing Cryptocurrency right now? Are you ready to help improve things for everyone or are you in this for yourself?

If you are not happy with DigiByte or you have nothing to contribute in a positive manner or anything better to do with your time... Move on. Go attack another coin and spread fud there.

The question is which coin you are coming from... Or which exchange?... with your newbie account? It is flattering to be drawing this attention... Lol

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
While I waited, I noticed multiple sells to me for 7724 units within seconds of each other. This went on for hours.

Sounds like an autosell option enabled and fed by a mining pool withdrawal.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

everything can be fixed

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Especially when the starting point is cut and paste, misleading, diversionary replies like this:

HR, thank you once again for pointing things out.

We have definitely been hit very, very hard by multi-pools. You can't expect that not to happen when the price doubles over night. We are checking into more things as well. The network is still there and working but blocks are a bit sluggish. Once again we are doing everything we can to make DigiByte the best it can be!

To extremely specific and concise technical issues like this:

Another post based on hard data. The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

Since you haven't had time to read all these posts, I thought I'd repost this since it is quite important.

And you might want to go back and read the last few pages.  Wink

Check the data for the whole network. Not just one mining pool.

This is whole network data.

current block: 132,795

DGB released days 142 * 1440(24*60) = 204480

I haven't checked the data myself but you have to factor in the multipools attacks from a while ago. They caused a lot of blocks to be mined very slowly and would've totally thrown the total coins minted out of balance. Also, remember that the minting of coins isn't actually balanced by the system, only the difficulty factor.

You need to check the data yourself. If you look at the blockchain, you'll see that the issue began with the implementation of DigiShield, and has nothing to do with the multipool attacks. Block discovery was perfectly in line with DGB coding until Feb. 22, 2014. Take a look at the blockchain up to that date and divide by the number of days that DGB had been in existence. http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte

The issue began back then and has progressively gotten worse.

I repeat: The issue began after Feb. 22. and has PROGRESSIVELY gotten worse.

• How would the issue progressively get worse if the number of multipools in existence is same as back then but with less than 50% the hashrate they had back then?
  • Why wouldn't you look at a DigiShield-ASIC incompatibility thesis since the only thing that has also grown progressively since that date is the use of ASIC?
  • To sum things up, why wouldn't you get serious with really troubleshooting the issue?
  • And why were you not aware of the issue before now? (Why wasn't anyone aware of the issue?)
  • Isn't this your coin that you intimately know? Don't you take responsibility for it?

Do I need to open a support ticket at Craptsy?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We've also been talking a bit about this on the "Whattomine - profitability website with basic api" thread (. . . if you're looking for troubleshooting and controlled testing ideas . . . my time is limited to being a contributor, not a Dev, and not even a full time hobbyist - anyone doing testing/troubleshooting, please post your hard data and initial assumptions).
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7106535

Jump to: