Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1402. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
So here's a question. Do we know any games that are looking to get funding? I can't authorize this, but maybe the dev and team are open to pitching a few DGB to help get that process rolling. With that we can then be part of a game and the payments to purchase within the interface could be done with DGB. Just some wild thoughts here. Gaming is a huge way for us to gain additional exposure.

YC

Kickstarter. There's always a couple dozen floating around. There's risk involved, of course, but with a little discretion the pickins' are ripe.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,
 For those using the older wallet prior to any updates (the one when Digishield got released), does there need to be an update done to that version? If so, what specific files do we need to overwrite (for the non techies)? Smiley

YC

If anyone would like to help us test out V 2.9.1 before we release it as the main download it you can download the x64 windows version here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.1-win64-setup.exe

This fixes the OpenSSL bug.
So here's a question. Do we know any games that are looking to get funding? I can't authorize this, but maybe the dev and team are open to pitching a few DGB to help get that process rolling. With that we can then be part of a game and the payments to purchase within the interface could be done with DGB. Just some wild thoughts here. Gaming is a huge way for us to gain additional exposure.

YC

Ryven,
 I think the press release would be awesome. Even getting a beta setup for them to accept DGB would be fantastic. Once I receive the media kit, let's talk over PM or offline to come up with a game plan. The more we band as a community and stop worrying about price volatility, the faster the coin will rise. We have a very prime opportunity right now with the huge amount of capital sitting on the sidelines and vulnerability of BTC to make a move.

YC

Sounds like a plan. Now to get on Escapist or PA, we do need to be related to a game somehow. We can't just be "hey look, here's this altcoin!" The trick might be to find a smaller game publisher who might not normally be up for altcoin integration and have the devs (or someone who has the authorization to negotiate on behalf of the coin) use the combination of the inherent power of DGB plus the chance to get noticed on PA/Escapist as incentive.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
If anyone would like to help us test out V 2.9.1 before we release it as the main download it you can download the x64 windows version here: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.1-win64-setup.exe

This fixes the OpenSSL bug.
Ryven,
 I think the press release would be awesome. Even getting a beta setup for them to accept DGB would be fantastic. Once I receive the media kit, let's talk over PM or offline to come up with a game plan. The more we band as a community and stop worrying about price volatility, the faster the coin will rise. We have a very prime opportunity right now with the huge amount of capital sitting on the sidelines and vulnerability of BTC to make a move.

YC

Sounds like a plan. Now to get on Escapist or PA, we do need to be related to a game somehow. We can't just be "hey look, here's this altcoin!" The trick might be to find a smaller game publisher who might not normally be up for altcoin integration and have the devs (or someone who has the authorization to negotiate on behalf of the coin) use the combination of the inherent power of DGB plus the chance to get noticed on PA/Escapist as incentive.
Jared,
 As the developer of DGB, can you send a tweet to Roger Huang? He is the author of the Pot Coin story on Tech Crunch. Maybe he would be open to doing something on DGB. If you want to initiate and pass it to me, totally open.

https://twitter.com/Rogerh1991

YC
Ryven,

YC

...actually, I take that back. I do have one connection. I can get to Mike and Jerry at Penny Arcade through a good friend of mine. They're not doing any video game production at the moment, but if we can find something else I've got a decent shot at getting it covered on PA.

edit: Duh! I forgot the Escapist. I know Jon Bolding over there. We've gamed together before (tabletop RPGs). I can definitely get a press release there.
I am not part of the development team. Just rooting for the success of DGB and have a reasonable investment.

Let's take this a step further. Once we get the media kits, here are some of companies we should contact to help the acceptance of DGB get more steam.

1.Forbes
2.Amazon
3.Zynga or King (gaming)
4.Celebrity endorsements -- create a bot to start spreading small amounts of DGB

Thoughts?

YC

I see their website, but honestly, have never heard of them. Looks like they have been around a long time. What's the angle with them? I am sure the team is open.

YC

are you also from digibyte dev team YC?
you do a lot of things for digibyte and you are very active on this forum...

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I see their website, but honestly, have never heard of them. Looks like they have been around a long time. What's the angle with them? I am sure the team is open.

YC

are you also from digibyte dev team YC?
you do a lot of things for digibyte and you are very active on this forum...

YC

...actually, I take that back. I do have one connection. I can get to Mike and Jerry at Penny Arcade through a good friend of mine. They're not doing any video game production at the moment, but if we can find something else I've got a decent shot at getting it covered on PA.

edit: Duh! I forgot the Escapist. I know Jon Bolding over there. We've gamed together before (tabletop RPGs). I can definitely get a press release there.
I'm afraid I don't. I have a million ideas and no way to implement them. I'm like Selma Hayek in Dogma.  Cheesy
Ryven,
 This is actually a fantastic idea. I know Quark has been used for Shaq-Fu's new video game and they will have that crypto as a form of payment. Integrating with Zynga or another large gaming platform is beneficial due to exposure and also the loyalty the gaming community provides. Any contacts there?

YC

Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.
Digibyte should also think about claiming a social media network via a tipbot and a good community. I recommend Google Plus. Like someone said earlier, I heard about Digibyte through Dogecoin and Dogecoin because of a random article about it and Facebook integration (or the lack thereof). I then put out a Tweet asking if Dogecoin was real and suddenly I had like 600 of them from random people. I'd never even heard of altcoins up to that point. We're still in the phase as a concept (again, altcoins in general) where 'they' have to come to 'us' to know 'we' exist.

Digibyte has a lot of good tech foundations that unless you care about them (and as a chemist with a crypto hobby I only sort of get what's going on), aren't marketing-worthy.  Selling things with altcoin is putting the cart before the horse. Why not just use fiat? I already have it. The channels are in place. It's reliable. The coin needs a use besides speculation to get it to the point where it's economically viable. Has anyone considered talking to Zynga about making Digibyte the currency of Farmville? Imagine what that would do for the coin. What if you could trade Candy Crush points for it? Integrate it for in-app Plants vs. Zombies purchases? Heck, tie it to a YouTube account and pass it to video producers you like? There's a metric crapton of open space altcoins haven't wandered into yet because everyone's all trying to out-USD Litecoin. Dogecoin stumbled into the answer by mistake. Digibytecoin can do it on purpose.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Rather than be disappointed, let's focus on relationships we all have to engage the end user to add DGB. If you folks read Amazon's statement, they are not willing to accept BTC. Can we make a compelling proposal as a payment system to have them add us?

Need to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm really disappointed about so many selling DGB between 40 and 60. Why? This coin has great fundamentals compared to all those pump & dumps.

Angry
Very good point! Now is the time!
Rather than be disappointed, let's focus on relationships we all have to engage the end user to add DGB. If you folks read Amazon's statement, they are not willing to accept BTC. Can we make a compelling proposal as a payment system to have them add us?

Need to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm really disappointed about so many selling DGB between 40 and 60. Why? This coin has great fundamentals compared to all those pump & dumps.

Angry
Activity: 984

Angry
Activity: 392
this was say at the netherlands bitcointalk.org

Ja mooie van Digibyte is ook dat ze Doge hebben geholpen om Digishield te implementeren (zo vertelde de dev).

Zo zou het veel maker moeten zijn, dat cryptomunten elkaar de hand reiken en van elkaar leren :-).
De meeste munten willen allemaal hetzelfde, een alternatief van het huidige geldsysteem zonder een derde partij ertussen.

Samen sta je sterker !

translate to english:

the great thing of digibyte that they help doge to imports digishield (so said the dev)

this will/must (difficult to translate) a lot of more times, that cryptocurriens help together (also difficult to translate)
the must of the coins will everything the same: a alternative from the money system now, without a third group (also difficult to translate)

together you stay stronger!

good work dev!

Activity: 335
Time for some new bounties? The list is long and there haven't been any lately.
Very good idea. We will work on getting some lined up. Anyone have any suggestions, what could we use right now for a boost?
Have you tried approaching local merchant ?
Jump to: