Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1403. (Read 3058812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Time for some new bounties? The list is long and there haven't been any lately.
Very good idea. We will work on getting some lined up. Anyone have any suggestions, what could we use right now for a boost?
legendary
DigiByte is now live @CryptoCzar! Very professional exchange team we met at the NYC convention! https://cryptoczar.com/market
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Time for some new bounties? The list is long and there haven't been any lately.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
We will have the updated client that fixes the ssl bug out later today. The URI payment protocol in the new client (2.9.0) is affected. I'm unaware of any web services for DigiByte that implements the payment protocol so risk should be very low. Once the new client is released if you were using 2.9.0 it would be best to send your DigiBytes to a completely new wallet and delete the old one. While this step isn't required I always err on the side of caution.

If your still using DigiByte 2.0.0 you should have no issues but coin control in the new client alone makes the update worth it.
Regarding the Open SSL issue. The older client is not at risk like the 0.9 client is / was.

The 2.0.0 version of the windows wallet uses OpenSSL 1.0.1e, and you are saying this is safe?

Even though on www.heartbleed.com it says:

What versions of the OpenSSL are affected?

Status of different versions:

OpenSSL 1.0.1 through 1.0.1f (inclusive) are vulnerable

I just want to be clear on this. I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems like conflicting information.

its NOT safe. Needs update AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
We are working on the update to 2.9.1 that will fix the OpenSSL bug as we speak.

good! Wink Wink

I am by no means ultimately-informed -> however, it was my understanding that the heart bleed bug would not affect your average user.

If you aren't using SSL for rpc'ing to a server or some such application, and connecting using SSL to an unknown or untrustworthy host, your memory data should not be exposed (at least that was how I understood it).  Further, even if some of your memory was exposed, it would take a concerted attack to expose many small chunks of memory to ever get the key and break the security entirely.

I might be mistaken, but I have not changed any of my behavior because of the bug, as I do not see it as such an issue concerning general usage.

yes but nevertheless it should be fixed.

Indeed, a fix is being built as we speak Smiley
Activity: 126
We will have the updated client that fixes the ssl bug out later today. The URI payment protocol in the new client (2.9.0) is affected. I'm unaware of any web services for DigiByte that implements the payment protocol so risk should be very low. Once the new client is released if you were using 2.9.0 it would be best to send your DigiBytes to a completely new wallet and delete the old one. While this step isn't required I always err on the side of caution.

If your still using DigiByte 2.0.0 you should have no issues but coin control in the new client alone makes the update worth it.
Regarding the Open SSL issue. The older client is not at risk like the 0.9 client is / was.

The 2.0.0 version of the windows wallet uses OpenSSL 1.0.1e, and you are saying this is safe?

I just want to be clear on this. I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems like conflicting information.

We are working on the update to 2.9.1 that will fix the OpenSSL bug as we speak.

good! Wink Wink

I am by no means ultimately-informed -> however, it was my understanding that the heart bleed bug would not affect your average user.

If you aren't using SSL for rpc'ing to a server or some such application, and connecting using SSL to an unknown or untrustworthy host, your memory data should not be exposed (at least that was how I understood it).  Further, even if some of your memory was exposed, it would take a concerted attack to expose many small chunks of memory to ever get the key and break the security entirely.

I might be mistaken, but I have not changed any of my behavior because of the bug, as I do not see it as such an issue concerning general usage.

yes but nevertheless it should be fixed.
DGB.Get-By.com Admin

good! Wink Wink

legendary

I would like access to the media packet as I would like to take initiative to contact some publications to do a story on Digibyte. Also, it would be beneficial for the community to use Reddit as the main central area to discuss. Let's keep pushing forward.

Kind Regards,
YC

Today We are Kicking off a Digi-Awareness Campaign for the next 6 weeks!

Advertising Goals:
1) Finish a Media Packet to send to reporters/ regulators & more investors!
2) Launch a YouTube video series with the founder of DigiByte to explain things in detail and to give people a personalized insight into the crypto world & DigiByte
3) How-to beginner guides on the website as well as other website upgrades.
4) Continue meetings & discussions with investors to get Digi-Pay.com off the ground
5) Establish a Marketing & PR Team

Tech Goals
1) Finish 2.9.1 OpenSSL upgrade & fix
2) Reach a final decision on the algorithm change.

How You Can Help:
1) Spread the word!
2) Create DigiByte content & resources to share
3) Get to know us better!

+1

I can help with this as well.
I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

niothor u are a cuty pie icebear
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I would like access to the media packet as I would like to take initiative to contact some publications to do a story on Digibyte. Also, it would be beneficial for the community to use Reddit as the main central area to discuss. Let's keep pushing forward.

Kind Regards,
YC

Advertising Goals:
2) Launch a YouTube video series with the founder of DigiByte to explain things in detail and to give people a personalized insight into the crypto world & DigiByte
4) Continue meetings & discussions with investors to get Digi-Pay.com off the ground

Tech Goals

How You Can Help:
1) Spread the word!
legendary
I think changin to pos is a no brainer. Those are the coins people are looking for at the moment.

I'm not sold on PoS. At least not as the sole way of mining/minting. PoS wants people to hoard coins, which is not helpful for an economy (look at Japan) and if I'm going to leave my money sitting somewhere, there are better financial instruments out there which will pay more than the 1% POS tends to pay out. Heck, even buying gold beats that. PoS is a fine and worthy adjunct to PoT/PoW but I'd hate to see DGB go full PoS.
Very good point. We feel POS would for the most part be counter productive to sustained long-term DigiByte growth.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I think changin to pos is a no brainer. Those are the coins people are looking for at the moment.

I'm not sold on PoS. At least not as the sole way of mining/minting. PoS wants people to hoard coins, which is not helpful for an economy (look at Japan) and if I'm going to leave my money sitting somewhere, there are better financial instruments out there which will pay more than the 1% POS tends to pay out. Heck, even buying gold beats that. PoS is a fine and worthy adjunct to PoT/PoW but I'd hate to see DGB go full PoS.
legendary
legendary

Advertising Goals:

Tech Goals

How You Can Help:
1) Spread the word!
legendary

legendary
Good morning! It's very interesting all the trouble they are having with KGW coins. Many coins are applying digishield to fix the vulnerability.

Maybe we should take advantage of this opportunity to advertise more digibyte. . The developers could create a thread so that everyone knows that solves the problem digishield KGW.

By the way, good luck in the crypto convention Wednesday!

The DigiShield doesn't solve anything. KGW is/was vulnerable to a timewarp. DigiShield is vulnerable to a timewarp.
Memecoin,

Could you explain this more in detail? Do you have a link to a more detail explanation. Technically speaking all coins are susceptible to a time warp attack when a 51% attack occurs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
I'm curious, I just downloaded the windows wallet from the Digibyte website and it's using OpenSSL 1.0.1e. I did this on a computer that I don't use, so that it was a fresh install and wouldn't affect my actual wallet.

I thought that OpenSSL version 1.0.1f and earlier was vulnerable to Heartbleed.

Is the wallet going to be updated with a newer version of OpenSSL?

I haven't opened my wallet to sync in 5-6 days, and would like to know that it's safe before I do it.
Jump to: