Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1421. (Read 3058809 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Just seen people dumped to 0.00000012 overnight!?..

If anyone is considering selling this low please let me know!
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Has anyone else tried out the X11 algorithm and has any opinions, comments or insights? The X11 algo looks like it is also more friendly to Nvidia cards. Does anyone have any data to back this up?

If so that opens up a huge untapped market for new miners.

Is absolutely huge potential
Very optimistic about its development
Wish us luck

Really?
I hope you say is not encouraged
Thank you
Hello everyone,

I bought some DGB around 85 satoshi the day it launched on Cryptsy. I realise most coins don't do very well during the next few weeks after it's listed on Cryptsy. But it seems to me the only direction DGB is currently going is down. In fact, I have started wondering if I will ever see DGB going back to the level I bought in at, let alone making profits on my investment. I do not want to sell for a loss and go invest in something else because I really had thought DGB could make a difference in the cryptocurrency world, but I must admit, I become more pessimistic each day.

Any strong DGB believers here who can explain to me WHY and how they think DGB is indeed going to go up? If at all possible, I would like to here rational arguments instead of wishful thinking aimed at restoring faith.

Thank you!

To restore confidence in fact lies in your own inner thoughts
With it you must believe in it
At least it gives you hope
Activity: 278
Here are my thoughts on Digibyte incorporating POS....

A good comprimise for a POS digibyte would be a small stake...20% per year is to high but 1% per year is too low...somewhere in between say 12% per year.....pay the stake out every 7 or 15 days, most coins pay stake after 30 days (too long)...I've suggested before going with X11 as well...a sort of X11/POS hybrid....I think paying a daily stake in theory would be awesome however the block chain would get too big too fast...My point is that digibyte should evolve into something unique because digibyte is unique. Striking a balance between spending and saving is ideal for digibyte's future. It's about price stability that digibyte needs to offer and it needs to satisfy the needs of both the spender and the saver. There is no coin on the market right now that has this perfect balance. This is our chance !

I'm afraid I disagree with POS. It doesn't encourage actual use of Digibyte and is only a means of rewarding early adopters. Not sure why merchants would want to be involved with such a system?

Not entirely true, if you take a look at Mintcoin for example, their merchant list is quite extensive, I would argue better than most coins out there right now and it's growing day by day and their POS stake is 20% per year I believe. Mintcoin is almost a true POS coin that was mined via POW quickly (ie. early mintcoin adopters have an advantage, i agree with you there).

My suggestion with digibyte taking a serious look at POS (not 20% though) is that it will discourage miners to dump it which is completely raping most scrypt coins right now. Bottom line is that we want people to either;

A. mine digibyte and hold (stabilize the network and stabilize the price)...and with X11 digibyte would acquire a massive mining GPU team
B. buy digibyte and spend (keeps with the original plan)

I'm involved a fair bit with a few very specific cryptos that offer different features...There is no X11/POS hybrid in existence yet....if digibyte doesn't go this route, another coin will and that coin will be successful, guaranteed, there is a need for an X11/POS coin. This may not coincide with digibyte's future, that's for the development team and the community to decide. I'm just trying to explain that there is a serious need for this type of offering in the crypto world.

This is actually a very innovative idea, I would support this or just x11 implementation.
i love this coin! Grin

This coin looks great potential
Have great value
I really want to have a look how great tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
its awesome to see digibyte core!
so far its working fine to me Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
DigiByte - Send Money. Live Free.

Hmm, sounds a little too existential for my taste. Do we want to have a slogan which mentions payments, or just something catchy?  If we're going for professional then I'd say we need to relate the slogan to payments in some manner.

Edit: Maybe we play on the transaction speed?
Life's too short to wait: Digibyte
legendary

A good comprimise for a POS digibyte would be a small stake...20% per year is to high but 1% per year is too low...somewhere in between say 12% per year.....pay the stake out every 7 or 15 days, most coins pay stake after 30 days (too long)...I've suggested before going with X11 as well...a sort of X11/POS hybrid....I think paying a daily stake in theory would be awesome however the block chain would get too big too fast...My point is that digibyte should evolve into something unique because digibyte is unique. Striking a balance between spending and saving is ideal for digibyte's future. It's about price stability that digibyte needs to offer and it needs to satisfy the needs of both the spender and the saver. There is no coin on the market right now that has this perfect balance. This is our chance !

I'm afraid I disagree with POS. It doesn't encourage actual use of Digibyte and is only a means of rewarding early adopters. Not sure why merchants would want to be involved with such a system?

Not entirely true, if you take a look at Mintcoin for example, their merchant list is quite extensive, I would argue better than most coins out there right now and it's growing day by day and their POS stake is 20% per year I believe. Mintcoin is almost a true POS coin that was mined via POW quickly (ie. early mintcoin adopters have an advantage, i agree with you there).

My suggestion with digibyte taking a serious look at POS (not 20% though) is that it will discourage miners to dump it which is completely raping most scrypt coins right now. Bottom line is that we want people to either;

A. mine digibyte and hold (stabilize the network and stabilize the price)...and with X11 digibyte would acquire a massive mining GPU team

I'm involved a fair bit with a few very specific cryptos that offer different features...There is no X11/POS hybrid in existence yet....if digibyte doesn't go this route, another coin will and that coin will be successful, guaranteed, there is a need for an X11/POS coin. This may not coincide with digibyte's future, that's for the development team and the community to decide. I'm just trying to explain that there is a serious need for this type of offering in the crypto world.

You make a good point about the anti-dumping part, I hadn't considered that. At the same time though, I'm assuming the reward will be a tiny percentage so until the price increases exponentially again any reward would possibly be little too insignificant to incentivize holding it?

Interesting point tho.  

My primary worry about POS is that it creates a holders vs non-holders issue and following the financial crisis I think Joe Average wouldn't view it as being a fair system is all.  It's a solution for an issue which is hopefully only short term. Certainly worth discussing more though, don't get me wrong.
Activity: 421
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
DigiByte - Send Money. Live Free.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Lots of amazing discussions going on here ! Perfect for the future of the coin !!!

Also I would like to congratulate DigiByte for taking this coin to this far.
I mean there is no marketing person connected to a Coin like him!
He is also connected with community like fingers in one hand!
Digibyte coin is now a life style for me!

I don't care what the price is atm. I am holding a great amount of DigiByte coin and will keep it for some years.
Thank you DigiByte.

Warmest Regards,
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
i love this coin! Grin

Yes, this coin is very attractive, and will enable us to get a lot of interest.
I love this coin too!
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Has anyone else tried out the X11 algorithm and has any opinions, comments or insights? The X11 algo looks like it is also more friendly to Nvidia cards. Does anyone have any data to back this up?

If so that opens up a huge untapped market for new miners.

Keep a good state of mind before doing anything!
Good luck.

Smiley Smiley
legendary
There is no X11/POS hybrid in existence yet
Very interesting idea. We will think it over. Thanks for posting!
Activity: 383

Activity: 67
I will invest some btc on dgb Grin

Today is a good investment opportunity

If this investment, believe you will benefit enormously from!

Good luck.
legendary
As far as we know we are the first Alt Coin to implement the Bitcoin v0.9.0 Protocol. We would love to have you help us test the Scrypt implementation out before we replace the main download link on the Digibyte.co website.

We have done initial testing and everything appears to be working well. We appreciate any and all feedback.

DigiByte v 2.9 Facts:
*Not a mandatory update
*Backwards compatible
*Includes exe installer
*Implements the latest Bitcoin 0.9 protocol features into DigiByte.

Windows x64 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win64-setup_0.exe
Windows x32 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win32-setup.exe

As always BACK UP your wallet.dat before upgrading!
legendary

Jump to: