Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1422. (Read 3058809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Just upgraded to the X64 0.9 and can report its fine, Updated funds while processing the blockchains Smiley
Glad to hear that! Thank you for the feedback!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Just upgraded to the X64 0.9 and can report its fine, Updated funds while processing the blockchains Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

I see this link as generally positive for X11, although yes it is certainly not ASIC proof. In the long term I think ASICs would be good for Digibyte tho, much as they have helped bitcoin grow.

My personal agenda for supporting X11 is actually the energy efficiency. I'm sure many people outside crypto see the power stats for these huge networks and cringe. If we show we're doing something about that then that can only be a good thing in my opinion.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Yes, its basically a large mis-communications festival in that thread. Its asic resistant, not asic proof. A thread of borderline semantics if you want to call it that.

Its food for thought, however theres no deneying scrypt asics exist. Gridseeds.

In other news.. the x64 wallet seems to be working just fine here.. I havent done a test transmission of funds yet, but it loads, terminates, updates the block chain quite well from my perspective.
I would rate the X11 issue as a sooner rather than later problem, if for nothing other than it's best to make such changes before non tech minded people become too involved. Also because being a coin with low power usage would make a good selling point. We may not be the first X11 coin but if fast enough we might still be the "first to switch to X11".

I agree it's best not to rush it and possibly make mistakes tho.
Well maybe that x11 algo would help us...i am quite against ASICs.

I do support the x11 Idea, however keep in mind, last I checked ( a few days ago ), the cudaminers, cannot mine this algo yet. Im not sure if Christian ( the cudaminer dev ) is working on implementation yet or not.. however if so, in conjunction with some of nVidia's very power friendly card(s) becoming avail, it would be a killer combo for sure.
legendary
Activity: 434
I would rate the X11 issue as a sooner rather than later problem, if for nothing other than it's best to make such changes before non tech minded people become too involved. Also because being a coin with low power usage would make a good selling point. We may not be the first X11 coin but if fast enough we might still be the "first to switch to X11".

Well maybe that x11 algo would help us...i am quite against ASICs.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

We understand everyone's urgency to change the algo right away. But this is something we cannot simply do over night. We still have a few months before this becomes an issue. We agree we want to be proactive. But we also do not want to mess up the existing DigiByte infrastructure.

Before we replace the main download link on the website we wanted to release DigiByte v2.9 on here to get a few more testers feedback. We have tested it out and everything appears to be working well.

DigiByte v 2.9 Facts:
*It is not a mandatory update
*Backwords compatible
*Includes exe installer
*Implements the latest Bitcoin 0.9 protocol features into DigiByte.

Windows x64 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win64-setup_0.exe
Windows x32 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win32-setup.exe

As always BACK UP your wallet.dat before upgrading!

I only have 3 wks to go.. with the new wallet as far as syncing.. its been showing my deposits and withdrawls as it finds them on the blockchain.. so far, so good. Smiley
Activity: 349
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
Activity: 252
They still put out Sha256 coins with thousands of THS of asics out there ... What will kill a coin is a lack of community , Lack of smart marketing , Lack of market cap , while asics have changed the bitcoin market and difficulty I think the value has clearly increased over the last two years ....  these mega asics won't be prevalent for a few more months if at all and the little gridseeds haven't effected any coins in any substantial way, but have saved the world a lot of electrical usage to support the crypto mining required for coins .....     What would kill a coin fast is a bad transition to another algo ...  People dump coins with problems and Id hate for that to happen to Digibyte.  
(plus what would i do with all my asics? Grin)

I think the guy who is gonna spend ten grand on a mega asic already has a huge farm working anyway  .....
Great news on the wallet. And yes, agreed that an overnight implementation of a new algo, X11 or other would not be possible. I don't think any one would want it to be an overnight change, however, perhaps, with more feedback from the community, and planning, it can be done smoothly in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the great work!

-Happy Mining
legendary
We understand everyone's urgency to change the algo right away. But this is something we cannot simply do over night. We still have a few months before this becomes an issue. We agree we want to be proactive. But we also do not want to mess up the existing DigiByte infrastructure.

Before we replace the main download link on the website we wanted to release DigiByte v2.9 on here to get a few more testers feedback. We have tested it out and everything appears to be working well.

DigiByte v 2.9 Facts:
*It is not a mandatory update
*Backwords compatible
*Includes exe installer
*Implements the latest Bitcoin 0.9 protocol features into DigiByte.

Windows x64 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win64-setup_0.exe
Windows x32 bit version: http://www.digibyte.co/sites/digibyte.co/files//crypto/digibyte-2.9.0-win32-setup.exe

As always BACK UP your wallet.dat before upgrading!
This is a scrypt coin   ....why change anything. Just buy some asics for Scrypt like everyone else and use those power hungry GPUS on other algos . It will be plenty cool in the summer.  The price is down to $165 for gridseeds and thats very cheap and a better value than lot of gpus.   I for one am not afraid of the asics.  Crypto is moving forward get on the train.

Asics will more than likely destroy the Scrypt mining market, I will explain why. Many MFGRS, some more reputable than others , are saying that soon they will start delivering finished product that is capable of unpresidented speeds, and at quite a hefty price tag. Once customers start to recieve these $10,000 USD or more expensive products, they will need and want to ROI asap, to protect their investment and be sure that they DO ROI, before any possible MFGR/Engineering defects come to light.

In laymens terms, what does this mean for the GPU miner? Simply put, if you think pump & dumps are bad now.. Just wait.. it will become an epidemic issue with scrypt coins. As it is right now, there are few Scrypt coins that are actually profitable to mine due to multi-pool dumping, just imagine when these devices come into play.

It is best to look forward and protect the coin now, instead of trying to patch the issue once its already a threat to the marketplace in real time. Its better to be pro-active than re-active. This is true in just about everything. Don't wait if its an option.

-Happy Mining

Activity: 252
This is a scrypt coin   ....why change anything. Just buy some asics for Scrypt like everyone else and use those power hungry GPUS on other algos . It will be plenty cool in the summer.  The price is down to $165 for gridseeds and thats very cheap and a better value than lot of gpus.   I for one am not afraid of the asics.  Crypto is moving forward get on the train.  
Why not cry about bitcoin  Huh  Hey guys please change the algo for bitcoin from sha256 to X-11 so I can play more ...Whhaaaaaa   stop crying and mine the scrypt with what you have or upgrade if and when neccessary .

I VOTE NO to any change.
Activity: 278
With the recent BTC dip.. and utility bills that will rise this summer, keeping the network healthy & robust is key. It kills many 'birds' with one stone.. I would hands down approve and mine DGB way WAY more, especially considering higher temps are right around the corner for me in the Northern Hemisphere.

Mabey a Vote on X11 Implementation ?

Yes it would be great to have a vote, I would support it most definitely.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Thanks for help! God is a ....
Does anyone have any good ideas for a DigiByte slogan?

DigiByte, buy anthing with DigiByte.

---  by DigiMan
With the recent BTC dip.. and utility bills that will rise this summer, keeping the network healthy & robust is key. It kills many 'birds' with one stone.. I would hands down approve and mine DGB way WAY more, especially considering higher temps are right around the corner for me in the Northern Hemisphere.

Mabey a Vote on X11 Implementation ?
Activity: 95
will be update in tommorrow?

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Of course, I think it will update tomorrow!
Activity: 278
It is really a good one Smiley Smiley

Yes,
This is a very good,
I also like this Smiley Smiley

Go buy some off cryptsy, someone just dumped and it is a good buying opportunity.
I just bought 300k more Grin
Jump to: