Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1428. (Read 3058809 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Is anyone in the community in PR or have media contacts at decent news outlets?

Thanks,
YC
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I personally don't see why we should switch from Scrypt to X11.
Asics joining the game should not be something you are afraid of. It brings the coin out.
One of the major reasons bitcoin started booming was because of asics.
Sure, I might not be able to get as much Digibyte after asics enter, but the value of Digibyte scales with the difficulty of mining it. In theory, anyways.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What would I need to do differently in order to mine the X11 algo if digibyte switches to that?
Activity: 278
I am wholly in support of x11, I have held digibyte since day one, digibyte has the chance to be ahead of the curve.
We should implement it asap, before we are lopped in the pile of scrypt junkyard coins.
We need to make sure we are not opening the door to a massive FGPA mining invasion by switching to X11 right away. For those who are new FGPAs were specialized hardware developed before ASICs but after GPUs. There are a lot of them around out there just sitting. They would potentially give FGPA holders a significant advantage if they are able to mine X11.

I can go into the technical details if need be.

Your choice;

Asic invasion on a highly profitable coin.

or

FPGA's that do not have a significant advantage over gpu's.
I think I've made up my mind.  I would vote to change to algo and use X11.  I've recently been fooling around with it and it is amazing.   The speeds are significantly faster than scrypt and the cards run much cooler and use less power and lower fan speed.  It's actually incredible.  That's my personal vote, X11 all the way.

Check it out guys
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all

different kernals have different speeds.

DRK ~2.5 MH/s on R9 290
    Q2C ~5 MH/s on R9 290
    QRK ~2.1 MH/s on R9 290
    MYR ~10 MH/s on R9 290
    FC ~145 MH/s on R9 290
    INK ~45 MH/s on R9 290
    ANI ~1.8 MH/s on R9 290
    GRS ~5.5 MH/s on R9 290
The X11 algo does look promising, but we need to find the answer to the FGPA question. If FGPA's are able to mine X11 we are going to end up with a whole new problem on our hands. As far as we know no one is selling FGPA's anymore. So those people or groups that have them could gain a significant advantage.

FPGA's do not pose a significant threat to x11, the way the previous generations were designed actually limits use on x11.
A FPGA that is purposefully designed for x11 would still not create a new paradigm, in the sense that scrypt asics are.
FPGA's would only be slightly more productive than the current generations of gpu's.
Power consumption would be about equal between the two, because x11 consumes less power..... less heat etc.... faster transaction times....
x11 would be a very smart move for this coin!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I am wholly in support of x11, I have held digibyte since day one, digibyte has the chance to be ahead of the curve.
We should implement it asap, before we are lopped in the pile of scrypt junkyard coins.
We need to make sure we are not opening the door to a massive FGPA mining invasion by switching to X11 right away. For those who are new FGPAs were specialized hardware developed before ASICs but after GPUs. There are a lot of them around out there just sitting. They would potentially give FGPA holders a significant advantage if they are able to mine X11.
Activity: 392
update:1.0.2

here is the promo video:
(version 1.0.0):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3sO1BfDRY
(version 1.0.1)(phone looks better): http://youtu.be/PMCAO0G1vsc
(version 1.0.2)(audio has been updated):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1Ru1fg85I

if you don't like some parts, I can chance it. feedback is always welcome

the movie is not publicly on youtube, if you have no comments I give him publicly

or donation me:
-digibytes: D5SU47NvEHjuRsgrKyPWiCnV8M27vSUFr9
-bitcoins: 1FPMcK3LkgUtCZaVj3ZU4ugZJajVairtfA
-dogecoins: DStKzdoiUgCRhikUnPCKQ1dYrTGAwGCsHY

do you like the movie people? and will you give some back?
-let see it to everyone who you know.
-like my movie on youtube
-follow me on youtube
-like other movies from me on youtube.

I've chance the movie, so like my movie again!

-my movie is 96 looked in 12 hours, thank you very much for looking
-my movie is 3 times liked, thank you for like my movies
-I've get one subscriber the last 12 hours.
-my movie is looked in 20 difference countries!

thank you very much everyone!

I'd like the video with translate as subtitling. can you write very good? and will give some back for me or digibyte? write down what is said in the video and I'll test  it. I'm looking for anyone who made this in english if it's a succeed. I'll be made it other languages (sorry for my bad english)

I work in the movie- and tv-industry as an editor/director so i know it's a lot of work. I made some things for digibyte in the past just for fun and to try things out and the hours add up quickly. Too bad my expertise is not in animation and when i saw the example of the bitcoin animation i knew it's over my head to make something like that. I asked some animators i knew if they could help out, but they were only interested when i pay them cash Smiley I'm seeing someone next week who might be interested to make something, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. Some parts of your video are very usefull so if we can add some cool animation with it, we're on the right track. Do you find it ok if i use some parts of your video if needed?

p.s. I've never used it but someone pointed out http://goanimate.com/ to me. Maybe that could be of great help.

p.s. 2 @digibyte: Can u send me the good quality images also? Would be great.    

I don't say yes at this moment It cost for me a lot time to made this. and you chance something and get some parts of my video and you can say It's my video.... I don't like that idea.

how much will you copy?
10 S
30 S
60 S
120 S

how more you used, how more you use my video....

if you some parts added sent me a pm, and I think about it. say about what you will added time to time from the video

Hahaha, No worries. I'm in here to help digibyte and no further reasons. I was talking about maybe a few seconds just to make u a compliment, but i don't think i will use anything of your video.

that's not a problem, you can use a few seconds.

First of all, great effort and i love your dedication. But i don't think this is a "professional" video. I thought digibyte wanted something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo&list=PLOBMT9KFLoap5AHR-wdSM6S7Ub1_lQbTx

It's completely animated and u need somebody that is specialized on that. I've spoken to a couple of animators and they say it's about one week's work to make this. Too bad that those animators i know don't care much for cryptocurrency, so they are not willing to make it cause it's a lot of work ( i begged them Smiley. Maybe someone knows an animator who loves cryptocurrency and is willing to help? But in this video there are some parts that can be used for the more professional one, so it's very usefull. And in the video there's no digiman, i think he must be in it too. Also, when u export the movie check your audio settings, cause i heard the original mp3 and it's much clearer then the one in your video.

I'll be made that. but what you said, It's cost a lot of time. I'm now looking for kinemac the things you can do with that is a lot of more and works easier but the video is always worster than from the bitcoin.. and for anybody who will know it. I works 12 hours of this video.
,./,./

Thank you for taking the time & energy to work on this video! We are preparing some images to send to you that we think may help improve it at certain points in the video. The flow of the video is logical and is a good start. Since you have have stepped up to the plate and produced a video for DigiByte we definitely want to give you some more feedback and hopefully we can get to where we need to be with the video.

Thanks again and we will be PMing you by tomorrow with more details. We need some time to prepare and figure out exactly which images we can use and where to use them. We just sent some DGB your way for your efforts and there will definitely be more if we can work together and pull this off!

Thanks again! Your energy & enthusiasm is much appreciated!

I do like to something back for this great devs! and I'm waiting for the PM with the details
Excuse me for my noob question,

But if Digibyte uses things like ASIC Resistant, X11 and stuff isnt that gonna affect transaction speed?
And isnt it more insteresting for merchants to say Digibyte has the fastest transaction speed and is the most secure?

I mean if you can only choose one direction (i dont know if u can combine all), then i would choose improving on speed and security.
For a coin to be accepted as new currency to pay for stuff, isnt speed and security the way to go?
because i dont really see merchants gonna say "YES! this coin uses x11 and/or is ASIC Resistant that is so important for our shop and customers"

Just thinking out loud and hoping someone could inform this noob  Smiley

PS i know its good for miners, but i dont see why that would make make the world gonna accept cryptocurrency as new payment.

-x11 is actually quite fast.
Does X11 allow cpu mining as well as gpu?  I just saw that Darkcoin has both. I'm personally a bit against cpu mining as that would allow room for botnet attacks.

The fact that gpus can mine relegates cpu net mining unprofitable at worst.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I think I've made up my mind.  I would vote to change to algo and use X11.  I've recently been fooling around with it and it is amazing.   The speeds are significantly faster than scrypt and the cards run much cooler and use less power and lower fan speed.  It's actually incredible.  That's my personal vote, X11 all the way.

Check it out guys

DRK ~2.5 MH/s on R9 290
    Q2C ~5 MH/s on R9 290
    QRK ~2.1 MH/s on R9 290
    MYR ~10 MH/s on R9 290
    FC ~145 MH/s on R9 290
    INK ~45 MH/s on R9 290
    ANI ~1.8 MH/s on R9 290
    GRS ~5.5 MH/s on R9 290
The X11 algo does look promising, but we need to find the answer to the FGPA question. If FGPA's are able to mine X11 we are going to end up with a whole new problem on our hands. As far as we know no one is selling FGPA's anymore. So those people or groups that have them could gain a significant advantage.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Does X11 allow cpu mining as well as gpu?  I just saw that Darkcoin has both. I'm personally a bit against cpu mining as that would allow room for botnet attacks.
Activity: 658
Merit: 534

But if Digibyte uses things like ASIC Resistant, X11 and stuff isnt that gonna affect transaction speed?
And isnt it more insteresting for merchants to say Digibyte has the fastest transaction speed and is the most secure?

I mean if you can only choose one direction (i dont know if u can combine all), then i would choose improving on speed and security.
For a coin to be accepted as new currency to pay for stuff, isnt speed and security the way to go?
because i dont really see merchants gonna say "YES! this coin uses x11 and/or is ASIC Resistant that is so important for our shop and customers"

PS i know its good for miners, but i dont see why that would make make the world gonna accept cryptocurrency as new payment.

X11 is a more secure hashing algo than scrypt because it chains 11 hashing algos and X11 is pretty much instant
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I think I've made up my mind.  I would vote to change to algo and use X11.  I've recently been fooling around with it and it is amazing.   The speeds are significantly faster than scrypt and the cards run much cooler and use less power and lower fan speed.  It's actually incredible.  That's my personal vote, X11 all the way.

Check it out guys

DRK ~2.5 MH/s on R9 290
    Q2C ~5 MH/s on R9 290
    QRK ~2.1 MH/s on R9 290
    MYR ~10 MH/s on R9 290
    FC ~145 MH/s on R9 290
    INK ~45 MH/s on R9 290
    ANI ~1.8 MH/s on R9 290
    GRS ~5.5 MH/s on R9 290

Does that actually increase the speed of mining?

EDIT: For everything, I mean.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Check it out guys

DRK ~2.5 MH/s on R9 290
    Q2C ~5 MH/s on R9 290
    QRK ~2.1 MH/s on R9 290
    MYR ~10 MH/s on R9 290
    FC ~145 MH/s on R9 290
    INK ~45 MH/s on R9 290
    ANI ~1.8 MH/s on R9 290
    GRS ~5.5 MH/s on R9 290
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

www.blazinghashes.com
THE NEXT 2 MINERS TO SIGN UP GET 0% FEES FOR LIFE!!!
Jump to: