Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1430. (Read 3058809 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
If you were to implement x11, consider me on board.

There other hash solutions out there the best known of these being Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N which for the most part are the same. They both use a variable N factor which is locked to 2^10 in Scrypt. This is the memory requirement, 2^10 works out to 1024 bytes. Vertcoin a very popular Adaptive-N coin currently uses an N factor of 2^11 which works out to 2048 bytes, every time the N factor goes up the performance of miners drops by half. Vertcoin currently has half the performance of Scrypt and has a maximum N of 2^32 which works out to 4GB, most graphic cards cannot even do work at that level and with the current hash rate the difficulty of Vertcoin could not go low enough to support that level of N. Scrypt-Jane and Adaptive-N may be ASIC hostile but they are also GPU hostile.

X11 uses 11 well known and high performing hashing solutions chained together to generate the hashes required to generate new blocks. Since it uses 11 different hashes it is complex and unlikely to see a ASIC for it any time soon. The good news for miners is that they can use X11 right now to avoid multipools and start gathering coins that are going to become very important when the Scrypt ASICs hit. Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates even less heat.

This is the solution that people have been looking for.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
update:1.0.2

here is the promo video:
(version 1.0.0):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz3sO1BfDRY
(version 1.0.1)(phone looks better): https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PMCAO0G1vsc
(version 1.0.2)(audio has been updated):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC1Ru1fg85I

if you don't like some parts, I can chance it

the movie is not publicly on youtube, if you have no comments I give him publicly

do you like the movie people? and will you give some back?
-let see it to everyone who you know.
-like my movie on youtube
-follow me on youtube
-like other movies from me on youtube.

or donation me:
-digibytes: D5SU47NvEHjuRsgrKyPWiCnV8M27vSUFr9
-bitcoins: 1FPMcK3LkgUtCZaVj3ZU4ugZJajVairtfA
-dogecoins: DStKzdoiUgCRhikUnPCKQ1dYrTGAwGCsHY

I've chance the movie, so like my movie again!

-my movie is 96 looked in 12 hours, thank you very much for looking
-my movie is 3 times liked, thank you for like my movies
-I've get one subscriber the last 12 hours.

thank you very much everyone!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
DigiByte Founder
What a poo poo coin...shame on you  Grin

Welcome to the DigiByte community Cassius, glad to have your support!  Wink
Activity: 280
What a poo poo coin...shame on you  Grin
Activity: 106
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
With so many new coins being released, and people moving from coin to coin like a mob, what do you think is the best way for DigiByte to break away from the pack?

We feel that focusing on getting DigiPay up and running and a few big merchants accepting DigiByte is what will allow for this to happen. What are your thoughts?

Digibyte can maybe tap into the Chinese market perhaps try and get onto bter.com exchange
This would be nice move.

It would be like getting onto Cryptsy...
This is a good point, promoting DigiByte into the Chinese market would be a great step. The first thing we need to get figured out is exactly how to translate "DigiByte" into Chinese. We have had several people tell us how to translate it or how they translated it but it has received different Chinese names from different people. This obviously can cause problems.

We don't know who to listen to on this as people are obviously translating it to what they think the name should be. Are there any reputable sources that might help with this and would understand exactly what we are trying to accomplish?

My Google Translate powers suggest that Digital Byte would be best!  Grin

数字字节
How similar is this to the name for DigitalCoin? We where told once before we could not use "Digi" because it translated to the same thing as "Digital" and was already taken by DigitalCoin. Since we do not speak Chinese we have no way to confirm this.
Activity: 196
With so many new coins being released, and people moving from coin to coin like a mob, what do you think is the best way for DigiByte to break away from the pack?

We feel that focusing on getting DigiPay up and running and a few big merchants accepting DigiByte is what will allow for this to happen. What are your thoughts?

Digibyte can maybe tap into the Chinese market perhaps try and get onto bter.com exchange
This would be nice move.

This is a good point, promoting DigiByte into the Chinese market would be a great step. The first thing we need to get figured out is exactly how to translate "DigiByte" into Chinese. We have had several people tell us how to translate it or how they translated it but it has received different Chinese names from different people. This obviously can cause problems.

We don't know who to listen to on this as people are obviously translating it to what they think the name should be. Are there any reputable sources that might help with this and would understand exactly what we are trying to accomplish?

My Google Translate powers suggest that Digital Byte would be best!  Grin

数字字节
Activity: 392

www.blazinghashes.com
THE NEXT 5 MINERS TO SIGN UP GET 0% FEES FOR LIFE!!!

why I have 1 fee?

username:randmeer
Activity: 106

www.blazinghashes.com
THE NEXT 5 MINERS TO SIGN UP GET 0% FEES FOR LIFE!!!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
A few things:

1.Fiat/DGB direct exchange which allows credit cards, ACH, wires, etc as forms of payment. Also, have a reasonable withdrawal / deposit amount of funds.

2.Merchant acceptance. Will need someone large -- Overstock, Amazon, Ebay that can make a press release and have the masses see why its secure and easy/

3.Media - Need to get more of the larger media outlets to constantly put DGB in front of consumer's eyes.

Thanks,
YC

We very much agree YC and this is the focus of what we will be trying to accomplish with the NY crypto convention. Making connections to help make this a reality.
legendary

This would be nice move.

Activity: 70

This would be nice move.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
A few things:

1.Fiat/DGB direct exchange which allows credit cards, ACH, wires, etc as forms of payment. Also, have a reasonable withdrawal / deposit amount of funds.

2.Merchant acceptance. Will need someone large -- Overstock, Amazon, Ebay that can make a press release and have the masses see why its secure and easy/

3.Media - Need to get more of the larger media outlets to constantly put DGB in front of consumer's eyes.

Thanks,
YC

legendary
If you are going to change algo, you can also add PoS... Energy efficient X11 + energy efficient PoS.

+1

+2

+1
To some up our current position on POS we would like to use a tweet from Wonderloops on Twitter:

POS as a distribution-method makes "The rich richer, the poor poorer".
legendary
If you are going to change algo, you can also add PoS... Energy efficient X11 + energy efficient PoS.

+1

+2

+1
Could you please explain your rationale for wanting to add POS?

We feel POS would be very counter productive to what we are trying to accomplish with DigiByte. We are very interested in hearing why the opposite approach may work.
Activity: 182
Activity: 434

This would be nice move.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

I also feel DigiPay would definitely give DigiByte the edge over many other coins as it would finally give the coin usability. It would also be much easier for merchants to adopt DigiByte as a payment method because at the minute there is no simple way to implement paying in DigiBytes at an online checkout. This is one of the things that gave rise to the value increase of Bitcoin. 
Activity: 29
Merit: 0

Jump to: