Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1540. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
Take time to price get 100 satoshi's again but im happy with this update to come, but we will hit 60-65 sat's soon IMHO
Activity: 183
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Why not change the re-target time to 1 block? Wink
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
After running through several equations with the options we listed it appears that a block reward reduction of about 0.5% every week is the sweet spot. Actual numbers varied from .3% - .5%. We think 0.5% will be much easier to explain to people for marketing purposes.

0.4 % is about 20 years time.

This is a 26% reduction every year.

+1 Good Good.

Hope retargeting time will be done at the same time or even before.

The nearly immediate difficulty re-set is definitely part of this release; so no worries Cheesy
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
After running through several equations with the options we listed it appears that a block reward reduction of about 0.5% every week is the sweet spot. Actual numbers varied from .3% - .5%. We think 0.5% will be much easier to explain to people for marketing purposes.

0.4 % is about 20 years time.

This is a 26% reduction every year.

+1 Good Good.

Hope retargeting time will be done at the same time or even before.
If you implement automatic wallet update can you promise to never turn evil? at least who whoever does the programming for the update? because I would hate to wake up one day and find out the latest implemented update had xxx problem because  [insert name] updated the wallet with a bug/worm which allowed him to do this or that
The auto-update feature will be a setting that can be disabled if that would make you feel more secure Smiley
love the quick reponse!

I am so glad I scooped up that trade @ 64 satoshi =D

Buy   Tue Feb 18 08:10:22   96414.21319154 DGB   0.00000064   0%   0.06170510 BTC
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
If you implement automatic wallet update can you promise to never turn evil? at least who whoever does the programming for the update? because I would hate to wake up one day and find out the latest implemented update had xxx problem because  [insert name] updated the wallet with a bug/worm which allowed him to do this or that
The auto-update feature will be a setting that can be disabled if that would make you feel more secure Smiley
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I would not change the reward system, you are overengineering things. There are many paranoid people who see manipulation and scam in everything dont give them more bullets. Retarget time is the fire that must be extinguished right now. Update just this asap and dont create some all-changing-mega-update please.

I agree, change the retarget time so multipools cannot hurt us anymore and then give it a time to see how things goes before changing the block rewards.

Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I would not change the reward system, you are overengineering things. There are many paranoid people who see manipulation and scam in everything dont give them more bullets. Retarget time is the fire that must be extinguished right now. Update just this asap and dont create some all-changing-mega-update please.
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
and your premine plus having PROFESSIONAL in the title in bold letters seems a bit dumb / contradictory.

get rid of it or have your rep tarnished for ever.

and assfucker.. changing the reward is all i need to hear.
why ask me if i am dumb either ?
sure.. why not.. i'm dumb ..what now ?

this coin is a useless pile of premined bullshit.. a clone that offers nothing.. the title makes me rofl hard

Clone Litecoin Github repo change name and icon create forum topic call it professional and upload..
ya uhh did i miss anything ?

Hello Spoetnik, and welcome to the thread!

First, I am sorry you have gotten a poor first-impression of Digibyte!  Let us take a look at some of the things you've mentioned.

The Pre-Mine:
Pre-mine is a very sensitive subject.  This is understandable.  In the past, there have been some extremely unfortunate abuses that have soured the community's opinion of pre-mine, and rightfully so!  The pre-mine on this coin began at 0.5%.  Any pre-mine is suspect, however in my opinion, this is a reasonable amount.  It is worth considering that this coin is a very large distribution coin, thus the numbers are indeed large.  Of this 0.5% pre-mine, half of it (0.25%) of it has already been disbursed in giveaways and bounties to the community.  You can review the transaction records of this account as it has been publicly posted to be transparent.  

The other 0.25% exists in the development account.  These funds have not been spent or dumped at market; despite the fact that at one point in time the development portion of the pre-mine was worth over 136,000 USD if you consider BTC at roughly $650.  I speak with the development team quite regularly and in my honest opinion there is no intention to do anything of this sort.

Cloned Coin:
Does this coin add anything experimental to crypto?  No.  I don't believe this is such a terrible thing.  The specifications work fast, confirmations happen very quickly, the distribution is large enough to accommodate widespread use, the brand is endearing as opposed to meme-ish or inappropriate.

Changed Reward:
Please take a moment to read the block reward changes thoroughly.  At the original two-year halving mark, the block reward will be essential be exactly the same.  The primary change was to increment this change in reward out over many smaller changes, as opposed to one large reward change at the two year mark.  The actual amount of the reward decrement still equals halving at two-years, but takes place in 0.5% increments.  In addition, the total money supply(M) does not change.  Are changes to the coin, post launch, distasteful?  Yes.  I believe the concern was that stability is part of users and merchants expect.  Large changes in reward(read inflation) do not lend themselves well to stability.

These are just a few things I would ask you to consider before judging this coin.  I know the development team personally, and can assure you that they are not the ill-intentioned people you seem to have heard somewhere.  I do, however, understand you reluctance - this is a very shady and unsure community in such turbulent times.  Skepticism is preferable to blind trust.

Yours Truly,
Samantha.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
and your premine plus having PROFESSIONAL in the title in bold letters seems a bit dumb / contradictory.

this coin is a useless pile of premined bullshit.. a clone that offers nothing.. the title makes me rofl hard

Clone Litecoin Github repo change name and icon create forum topic call it professional and upload..

um, yup you did..you seem to be discussing completely your own thing actually. Try reading the last few pages again because you seem to have read one post (which was also by a user who unfortunately totally misunderstood the current proposal), and then blabbed your mouth off. Or perhaps you intentionally misunderstood. Whatever...
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
You guys have 2 issues.

1. mBTC is going to become the standard soon.
2. Dropping to 80 coins per block is going to be worse then coins with a 5% premine. You will have a 100 users with millions of coins and the rest will be beggars.

Not really, most coins have probably already been dumped.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™

Activity: 70
You guys have 2 issues.

2. Dropping to 80 coins per block is going to be worse then coins with a 5% premine. You will have a 100 users with millions of coins and the rest will be beggars.

ya that would be unbelievably stupid !

and i have some in my wallet so i would do well but i say hell no don't do that it's wrong and you know it.

want to move forward first off prove your whole entire premine has been disposed of, other wise this is scammy bullshit.

and right now the coin is no more profitable to mine than say Franko another scrypt coin that has been out waaay longer
so why you guys think the reward should be chopped from 8500 or what ever to 80 is insane.

how many other coins have you released ? do you even know what the fuck your doing ?
if so what ones ? so we can see who the hell we're dealing with here..

ARE YOU F***** STUPID!!?

Did you even READ the WHOLE thing!!!?

We were discussing whether we should do this after 19 F**** YEARS!!
AFTER the block reward has SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED..!

What if we were to remove the total coin cap and allow subsequent blocks after the 20/19.5th year point to give 160 coins per block as an inflationary/replace-lostcoins/stablising reward??
if not 160, maybe 80 coins per block after that point?

This is just to counter the deflationary model that the majority of cryptocoins out there have. Its got more advantages than disadvantages i believe..

Or should this idea only be considered after significantly growing?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
You guys have 2 issues.

ya that would be unbelievably stupid !

and i have some in my wallet so i would do well but i say hell no don't do that it's wrong and you know it.

want to move forward first off prove your whole entire premine has been disposed of, other wise this is scammy bullshit.

and right now the coin is no more profitable to mine than say Franko another scrypt coin that has been out waaay longer
so why you guys think the reward should be chopped from 8500 or what ever to 80 is insane.
if your going to change a coin so drastically and maybe fuck it up just make a new god damn coin jeez..

how many other coins have you released ? do you even know what the fuck your doing ?
if so what ones ? so we can see who the hell we're dealing with here..
8h for one block and not discovery
DGB at 0.0000060

i m afraid  Cry

If you're in a p2pool. You have to mine for the first 12 hours without expecting any block rewards. and only after that, you get paid for ALL your pending shares.

This is an anti pool-hopping mechanism in p2pools!

So, keep that miner up to get paid! Smiley
Activity: 922
Merit: 534
8h for one block and not discovery
DGB at 0.0000060

i m afraid  Cry
You guys have 2 issues.

You missed the point.

We are talking about removing the Total coin cap, and having 160 or 80 coins per block after the 19-to-20-years-mined point.
Activity: 196
Reduce reward, coinwarz killing this coin.

No need to be so negative. I believe I've asked you about this before and a few others agreed. The way I see it this is it shows a lot about the community and devs if it can still succeed after a few rough times.
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
You guys have 2 issues.

Jump to: