Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1553. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Problem -> Poll Spammers  Sad
Solution -> An official forum with moderators? (digibyte.co/forum ?)  Smiley

Activity: 84
This thread is mostly dead apart from pool spammers, the diff is very low apart from when multi pools attack and it just isn't going anywhere atm. Don't know why, Cryptsy don't want it for some reason (probably because they have been hounded) but have listed much newer coins that have less value.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

Quite the contrary, debate is always good for a community.

However, I am a strong proponent for exactly the opposite.  The block reward should be raised by quite a large amount.  To counter-balance this, the reward should halve much much sooner, such that the total minted coins at the end does not change.  This would accelerate the inflation that is going to happen anyways and get it out of the way, advance the life-cycle of the coin well beyond that of Bitcoin, and tank the price.  Over the mid to long term, however, there would be no inflation, deflation (price increase) would begin, and all advances in development and community would steadily increase the value of the coin.

It would essentially be like jumping on a time-machine into the future Smiley

Just my two digi's.

I actually like this idea too.  That is a very good idea. I'd be on board for that for sure Cheesy

This would be quite a kick in the nuts for us early adopters tho. It would lock people with significant holdings in because selling would make a loss. This in turn would counter the increased liquidity which increasing the reward may achieve.
i think halving a block is from past, now the top 20 coin are decreasing its block rewards by % over the week , like 1% to 5% every week or every XXXX block and protecting his difficulty with Kimoto's Gravity... did my research.

Interesting idea. It would avoid a sudden spike in price too, and avoid a drop off of miners as the reward suddenly decreases.
Activity: 70
we are hurting without KGW imo
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

However, I am a strong proponent for exactly the opposite.  The block reward should be raised by quite a large amount.  To counter-balance this, the reward should halve much much sooner, such that the total minted coins at the end does not change.  This would accelerate the inflation that is going to happen anyways and get it out of the way, advance the life-cycle of the coin well beyond that of Bitcoin, and tank the price.  Over the mid to long term, however, there would be no inflation, deflation (price increase) would begin, and all advances in development and community would steadily increase the value of the coin.

Just my two digi's.

I actually like this idea too.  That is a very good idea. I'd be on board for that for sure Cheesy

This would be quite a kick in the nuts for us early adopters tho. It would lock people with significant holdings in because selling would make a loss. This in turn would counter the increased liquidity which increasing the reward may achieve.
i think halving a block is from past, now the top 20 coin are decreasing its block rewards by % over the week , like 1% to 5% every week or every XXXX block and protecting his difficulty with Kimoto's Gravity... did my research.
legendary

Just my two digi's.

Activity: 238
I'm holding all mine.  I think most who are serious about the coin are holding.  It took all day yesterday to get an order of mine for 2 million filled. Lots and lots of little trades it seemed like, I think from the multipools guys.

btw, about the lowering of the block reward thing I mentioned last week, hope I didn't cause any controversy on the coin.  Whatever you guys think is best.  The gravity thing to help against multipools sounds like a cool idea.

And for anyone else who has been here and reading.  I think it's safe to safe the Dev's have proved themselves that they care for this coin long term, turning down on option for large short term gain in favor of long term goals and success.  That should make everyone feel comfortable.  Cheesy

One thing that I have noticed with this coin compared to many that I have seen in the past, is nearly everyone involved appears to have a level head on their shoulders and are professional and wise.  That says something.  A lot of something.

Just my two digi's.

legendary
Any update/more rumours on Cryptsy?

Of all things they added Maxcoin today...  Huh
Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
idk but i'm buying every DGB i can buy under 150 sat's
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO
Should the faucet restart. The faucet is already dry for a week or so?
I can't mine. My PC is very old and works very slow.
Activity: 224
Clean profile for me also returns appropriate results.

Private/incognito browsing should also return normal results
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Search depends on location and your own browsing habits. When I use a clean pc, one I don't check crypto on, that Spanish thread is nowhere to be seen.

Clean profile for me also returns appropriate results.
legendary
Search depends on location and your own browsing habits. When I use a clean pc, one I don't check crypto on, that Spanish thread is nowhere to be seen.
Activity: 122
HEY DEVS

maybe u think its nothing, but i dont.   Angry
when u search google for 'digibyte', results are:

1. digibyte.co

2. [ANN] DigiByte [DGB] - Uma Cryptomoeda Profissional Lançada... (spanish  Huh)

3. DigiByte "A Professionally Transparent Cryptocurrency" - Reddit

bitcointalk announcement in ENGLISH (this thread) is NOWHERE to be found.
this is a major problem, fix it by adding ANN to the topic.

why do i have to search it everytime? dont u think its ridiculous?
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
I'm holding all mine.  I think most who are serious about the coin are holding.  It took all day yesterday to get an order of mine for 2 million filled. Lots and lots of little trades it seemed like, I think from the multipools guys.

btw, about the lowering of the block reward thing I mentioned last week, hope I didn't cause any controversy on the coin.  Whatever you guys think is best.  The gravity thing to help against multipools sounds like a cool idea.

And for anyone else who has been here and reading.  I think it's safe to safe the Dev's have proved themselves that they care for this coin long term, turning down on option for large short term gain in favor of long term goals and success.  That should make everyone feel comfortable.  Cheesy

One thing that I have noticed with this coin compared to many that I have seen in the past, is nearly everyone involved appears to have a level head on their shoulders and are professional and wise.  That says something.  A lot of something.

Just my two digi's.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I like how talkative the devs are  Grin
You don't really see that on any other threads, or at least the threads I've been on
Activity: 238

And for the rest of us who have been here and reading.  I think it's safe to say the Dev's have proved themselves that they care for this coin long term, turning down on option for large short term gain in favor of long term goals and success.  That should make everyone feel comfortable.  Cheesy

One thing that I have noticed with this coin compared to many that I have seen in the past, is nearly everyone here involved in our digibyte community appears to have a level head on their shoulders and are professional and wise.  That says something.  A lot of something.
Activity: 225
Jump to: